Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,167 members, 7,821,958 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 10:50 PM

Should Application Letter Be Handwritten Or Typed? - Jobs/Vacancies (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Should Application Letter Be Handwritten Or Typed? (30331 Views)

"I Am Eating Suya With Your NNPC Application Letter For 2017 Job" / A Hand Written Or Typed Application Letter For Job / Is It Advisable To Submit Application Letter In Hand Written Form Or Typed? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Should Application Letter Be Handwritten Or Typed? by zerojoy: 7:13am On Sep 14, 2016
It should be typed with typewritter

1 Like

Re: Should Application Letter Be Handwritten Or Typed? by sunnywhyt(m): 7:13am On Sep 14, 2016
Some employers prefer written to typed letters
Re: Should Application Letter Be Handwritten Or Typed? by valiantheartprod(f): 7:15am On Sep 14, 2016
I think handwritten is preferable, especially in direct submission of application
Re: Should Application Letter Be Handwritten Or Typed? by SmartMugu: 7:32am On Sep 14, 2016
tallfish145:
What is the best way to present an application letter,esp one going to an educational institution;is it handwritten or typed? Thanks
It's 2016. Put yourself in the position of an employer. With that done, assume ure reviewing several applications, many handwritten ones in many styles and standard typewritten ones. Which ones would you rather read first?

1 Like

Re: Should Application Letter Be Handwritten Or Typed? by SmartMugu: 7:35am On Sep 14, 2016
sholay2011:
Only in Nigeria will an application letter be handwritten. It should be typed.
You nailed it. Why would anyone submit a handwritten application in this decade? Any company that requests that should be considered a backward company.

2 Likes

Re: Should Application Letter Be Handwritten Or Typed? by Interesting15: 7:35am On Sep 14, 2016
charix:
Tenth time I'm answering this question. Fourth time it's making frontpage in three years.
The answer is "always type", you can never go wrong with a typed application however people with bad writing can lose the position for obvious reasons.
Do employers judge applicants based on their handwriting?
Re: Should Application Letter Be Handwritten Or Typed? by Nobody: 7:35am On Sep 14, 2016
Mostly handwritten.

Lots of employers would like to try and assess your personality from your handwriting and also your grammar because if typed you may claim typing error, but if handwritten, well...
Re: Should Application Letter Be Handwritten Or Typed? by Nobody: 7:36am On Sep 14, 2016
Interesting15:

You'll be surprised they do.

Some companies do retain psychologists for this reason.
Re: Should Application Letter Be Handwritten Or Typed? by Interesting15: 7:38am On Sep 14, 2016
Ioannes:

You'll be surprised they do.

Some companies do retain psychologists for this reason.
Wow. So what's your advice for us with 'not too fine' handwriting?
Re: Should Application Letter Be Handwritten Or Typed? by Nobody: 7:41am On Sep 14, 2016
Interesting15:

Yes. The competition for job positions is so high employers become judge, jury and executioner. I know some people with hand writing so terrible even they can't read their own fowl scratch when viewed two days later. Imagine someone tasked with scrutinizing 130 applications coming across such hand writing; na dustbin sure pass.

1 Like

Re: Should Application Letter Be Handwritten Or Typed? by Interesting15: 7:44am On Sep 14, 2016
charix:

Yes. The competition for job positions is so high employers become judge, jury and executioner. I know some people with hand writing so terrible even they can't read their own fowl scratch when viewed two days later. Imagine someone tasked with scrutinizing 130 applications coming across such hand writing; na dustbin sure pass.

But do you think that is right?

What if the terrible handwriting guy is the best guy for the job?

1 Like

Re: Should Application Letter Be Handwritten Or Typed? by Nobody: 7:54am On Sep 14, 2016
Interesting15:

Wow. So what's your advice for us with 'not too fine' handwriting?

You'll also be surprised that it isn't how fine or beautiful your handwriting is.

As a matter of fact, scientists have recently realised that those whose handwritings resemble chicken scratch might be more intelligent.
Re: Should Application Letter Be Handwritten Or Typed? by Nobody: 7:56am On Sep 14, 2016
Interesting15:

But do you think that is right?
What if the terrible handwriting guy is the best guy for the job?
His luck. He would fare far better with a typed application letter.

1 Like

Re: Should Application Letter Be Handwritten Or Typed? by TheSociopath(m): 8:01am On Sep 14, 2016
youngwarlocks:
"IF HE TAKES YOU OUT FOR A ROMANTIC DATE ON TUESDAY AND WEDNESDAY NIGHTS... EVEN THURSDAY, THIS SEASON INSTEAD OF WATCHING UEFA CHAMPIONS LEAGUE, THEN IT'S NOT LOVE.... HE IS A CHELSEA FAN

Can we please hear word?

1 Like

Re: Should Application Letter Be Handwritten Or Typed? by sherif4owo(m): 8:02am On Sep 14, 2016
Plus my handwriting is not even fine, I can't let that be an hindrance for me to get the job.

So I TYPE ALWAYS

1 Like

Re: Should Application Letter Be Handwritten Or Typed? by sherif4owo(m): 8:03am On Sep 14, 2016
TheSociopath:

Can we please hear word?

Lol... That is word grin grin
Re: Should Application Letter Be Handwritten Or Typed? by Interesting15: 8:23am On Sep 14, 2016
charix:

His luck. He would fare far better with a typed application letter.
Sorry for the too much questions.

Can someone with a terrible handwriting work in a bank?
Re: Should Application Letter Be Handwritten Or Typed? by tim1256(m): 8:24am On Sep 14, 2016
youngwarlocks:
"IF HE TAKES YOU OUT FOR A ROMANTIC DATE ON TUESDAY AND WEDNESDAY NIGHTS... EVEN THURSDAY, THIS SEASON INSTEAD OF WATCHING UEFA CHAMPIONS LEAGUE, THEN IT'S NOT LOVE.... HE IS A CHELSEA FAN
What the hell is this one saying?
Re: Should Application Letter Be Handwritten Or Typed? by charlesucheh(m): 8:26am On Sep 14, 2016
living2013:

It all depend on the method of application. If the application method is manual i.e submitting directly to the office of the recipient, the application letter should be hand written. No need typing it. Infact, most employer prefer a handwritten application letter in this case. Ensure that your writing is clean and clear.

But if you are submitting the application electronically, the application letter should be typed with Ms word.
Before Nko! Would u have written and send on line For sure you must type when sending it electronically....
Re: Should Application Letter Be Handwritten Or Typed? by hgnbello(m): 8:29am On Sep 14, 2016
it shld b typed unless stated, bt if ix education, writting will b d best. 2 show dem ur writting skill.
Re: Should Application Letter Be Handwritten Or Typed? by Nobody: 8:45am On Sep 14, 2016
Interesting15:

Sorry for the too much questions.

Can someone with a terrible handwriting work in a bank?
I can not know as I've never worked in one. The original question is only in the context of application letters to which typing is the better option.
Re: Should Application Letter Be Handwritten Or Typed? by Nobody: 8:48am On Sep 14, 2016
youngwarlocks:

See as this guy messed us up. Take it there

Re: Should Application Letter Be Handwritten Or Typed? by mastro: 9:06am On Sep 14, 2016
SmartMugu:

It's 2016. Put yourself in the position of an employer. With that done, assume ure reviewing several applications, many handwritten ones in many styles and standard typewritten ones. Which ones would you rather read first?

Exactly, an application for employment is a formal communication, just like your CV. It should be typed out, it's the first contact a potential employer will have with you and should create the very best impression possible.

1 Like

Re: Should Application Letter Be Handwritten Or Typed? by Jalinco: 9:13am On Sep 14, 2016
If you are a female send handwritten, your handwriting shows how beautiful you are, you can even handwrite your CV. But if you are a male, nobody is really interested in how you write it, just don't lie
Re: Should Application Letter Be Handwritten Or Typed? by Nobody: 9:14am On Sep 14, 2016
nony43:
It should be typed to make it look official and serious. These days even writing your school project and taking it to your supervisor for correction is always typed
not all schools biko! My supervisor had issues with those who typed theirs. It varies anyway, different strokes for different folks. But I prefer a typed letter.

1 Like

Re: Should Application Letter Be Handwritten Or Typed? by richG: 9:52am On Sep 14, 2016
Wingback:
OP I don't know about you but I draw my own letters.
sketch nko undecided
Re: Should Application Letter Be Handwritten Or Typed? by Abu4shizo: 10:36am On Sep 14, 2016
This is a civilized era. Application letter should be in a typed [Ms word] format my brother not handwritten stuff.

1 Like

Re: Should Application Letter Be Handwritten Or Typed? by Nobody: 12:07pm On Sep 14, 2016
sholay2011:
Only in Nigeria will an application letter be handwritten. It should be typed.
Pls tell them: application is a formal process & every other procedure attached to it is formally produced why then the hand written letter?

1 Like

Re: Should Application Letter Be Handwritten Or Typed? by ChemicalReaction(f): 8:35pm On Sep 14, 2016
tallfish145:
What is the best way to present an application letter,esp one going to an educational institution;is it handwritten or typed? Thanks
Teaching job, write! It's a must esp in a private school.
Re: Should Application Letter Be Handwritten Or Typed? by laudate: 1:12pm On Sep 15, 2016
kenonze:
Most Typed applications were done in a business center. It is not the total input of the applicant.

Secondly some business centers may also propagate the news that my establishment is open for suitable application thus making it more difficult for us to vet numerous applicants

And you think a hand-written application may not have been copied from a typed one? Or that someone else could not have dictated the contents of the handwritten application, to the applicant who wrote such an application? Siddon there....how do you think students cheat in exam halls? By previewing or 'giraffing' the answer sheets of those sitting next to them... undecided

(1) (2) (Reply)

5,000 Rivers State Job: Crowd Storms Secretariat To Submit Application (Photos) / Nbc 2013 Management Trainee Program / Open Letter To All First Class Graduates – "Dear First Class Graduates”

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.