Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,337 members, 7,811,978 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 04:12 AM

How To Catch Those Stealing Your Wi-fi And Block Them - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / How To Catch Those Stealing Your Wi-fi And Block Them (505 Views)

How To Find Your Wi-fi Password On Android & IOS / How To Stop Airtel Unsolicited Messages That Are Stealing Your Credit Yourself / How To Opt Out Of MTN Subscriptions That Are Stealing Your Credit Yourself (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

How To Catch Those Stealing Your Wi-fi And Block Them by Sphilip1(m): 4:33pm On Sep 13, 2016
Yeah, today is the deal day, the day we catch all of them; my grand mum would always say "many days for the thief but one day for the owner!".

You must have previously experienced a slow Wi-fi and might have been wondering why. Well, apart from those innocent reasons, there are some persons who just love to suck on your Wi-Fi like Pineapple juice (**I love Pineapple juice**). I don't intend to sound harsh but they are simply using your Wi-Fi without permission.

In this article, I will show you the "best way" to identify everyone sharing your Wi-Fi network with you and how to send every intruder parking.

First and foremost, how to know who is using your W-Fi

In order to know who is using your Wi-Fi, You'll need to download the network monitoring app Fing from the Google Play store. Once you successfully download the app, connect with the Wi-Fi network you desire to monitor.

Download Fing on Android Play Store

After downloading and installing the app, open it and you should see the name of your own Wi-Fi network on the home screen alongside a refresh and settings option. To see every device currently connected to your Wi-Fi, simply tap on refresh.

The process could take a couple of minutes to refresh but once completed, you should see a complete list of all devices, alongside an indicator which tells you if the device is a smartphone or PC.

Simply tap on any of the devices from the list and you would be prompt with a list of options for interacting with that specific device. Options include "Wake on LAN signals" and "sending pings", and you can as well log when any of those devices connect or disconnect from your own network.

Source: How To Catch Those Stealing Your Wi-Fi And Block Them

(1) (Reply)

Ipad Swap In Nigeria / How Can I Downgrade From Lollipop To Kitkat In Hot2 / How Can I Change My Facebook Username?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.