Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,966 members, 7,821,391 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 12:20 PM

Why I Withdraw From Unilorin - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Why I Withdraw From Unilorin (899 Views)

A Nairalander Signed Out From Unilorin In Style / Some Incredible Photos From Unilorin Most Popular Blogger - Temiloluwa Badmus / Ordering For Transcript From Unilorin (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Why I Withdraw From Unilorin by funso4life(m): 4:50pm On Sep 13, 2016
Student confesses to cheating in WASSCE, withdraws from UNILORIN 16 hours ago Success Nwogu, Ilorin Authorities of the University of Ilorin, Kwara State on Sunday said that they had accepted the voluntary withdrawal of a student, Jephtaph Abolarin, from the institution. Abolarin, a 300-Level Sociology student, had written to the university confessing to cheating during his West African Senior School Certificate Examination. Abolarin, who claimed he had become a ‘born again’ Christian, said continuing his university education, using an unmerited certificate was unjust and immoral. He wrote the letter to the institution’s Deputy Vice-Chancellor, Academics, Prof. Sidiqat Ijaiya, on August 5, 2016. According to him, he wanted to withdraw from the school because he got his WASSCE through examination malpractice. Reacting to the letter on Sunday, the university Deputy Director, Corporate Affairs, Mr. Kunle Akogun, confirmed the withdrawal of the student. Akogun, who noted that the Senate of the university had accepted the withdrawal letter, added that the Vice-Chancellor, Prof. Abdulganiyu Ambali, commended Abolarin for his repentance and sincerity. The VC, Akogun added, wished Abolarin well in his future endeavour. Part of Abolarin’s letter to the DVC read, “Just as a house that was built on a faulty foundation will surely collapse, it is also certain that a career that is built on a faulty foundation will definitely collapse. All through my secondary school days, I was just a church ‘goer’, without genuine salvation and the fear of God. As a result, I got my WASSCE result through examination malpractice. “By the grace of God, now, I have encountered the light of the gospel of Jesus Christ, which called for repentance and restitution. “Sir, with deep conviction, I have realised that there is no point building my academic career on a faulty foundation; since the WASSCE result I got through malpractice is the basis in which my admission into this university was
Re: Why I Withdraw From Unilorin by odiereke(m): 5:03pm On Sep 13, 2016
It's your call.
Re: Why I Withdraw From Unilorin by Khd95(m): 5:45pm On Sep 13, 2016
In as much as i want to believe that u genuinely withdrew for this reason,i must inform you that in this part of d world if u dont knw how to cheat or cant cheat,ure goin no where

Nothing is merited in dis country

(1) (Reply)

My Prayer For Those Who Have Been Admitted And Also Those Seeking For Admission. / 2017/2018 French Government (eiffel Excellence) Masters And Phd Scholarships / Admission To Study Medicine Abroad In Ukraine

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.