Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,327 members, 7,811,965 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 02:48 AM

Spirituality: Who E Don EPP? - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Spirituality: Who E Don EPP? (8995 Views)

On Spirituality And Religion: The Dream Of Zaynie / Poor But Silly [spirituality, Bane Of The Poor] / The Experience 2016 – Don Moen, Donnie Mcclurkin & More Arrive In Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Spirituality: Who E Don EPP? by DeepSight(m): 11:13pm On Sep 13, 2016
raphieMontella:
@deepsight
but ehm..this special ''self awareness'' is not limited to humans...
Does it mean all ''self aware'' beings have this ''spiritual''?

They all have the immaterial part. For all creatures, all that you see on Earth is only a cloak. Like a dress. It is cast aside at death.

1 Like

Re: Spirituality: Who E Don EPP? by raphieMontella: 11:41pm On Sep 13, 2016
DeepSight:

They all have the immaterial part. For all creatures, all that you see on Earth is only a cloak. Like a dress. It is cast aside at death.
and what happens after death?
Judgement?
Re: Spirituality: Who E Don EPP? by DeepSight(m): 12:28am On Sep 14, 2016
raphieMontella:

and what happens after death?
Judgement?

The immaterial being, having become divested of its physical cloak will adjust itself to the region of ethereal or spiritual reality which is homogeneous to its nature. In other words it will rise or sink to the plane which is in alignment with its own weight and consistency.

Noble souls are generally light and unencumbered, and as such rise to light planes, whilst dark souls are generally heavy and encumbered and hence sink to dark and encumbered planes.
Re: Spirituality: Who E Don EPP? by raphieMontella: 6:50am On Sep 14, 2016
DeepSight:

The immaterial being, having become divested of its physical cloak will adjust itself to the region of ethereal or spiritual reality which is homogeneous to its nature. In other words it will rise or sink to the plane which is in alignment with its own weight and consistency.

Noble souls are generally light and unencumbered, and as such rise to light planes, whilst dark souls are generally heavy and encumbered and hence sink to dark and encumbered planes.
Hmm..like hindu and buddhist afterlife version..
reincarnation? For the lower souls? Or a one time stuff?
Re: Spirituality: Who E Don EPP? by DeepSight(m): 7:02am On Sep 14, 2016
raphieMontella:

Hmm..like hindu and buddhist afterlife version..
reincarnation? For the lower souls? Or a one time stuff?

I don't think there can be anything such as "one time" when once we consider the spectre of eternity. Time is not something that can stop be it a continuum or a stagnant whole in which reality rests. Therefore in either direction one must look towards an infinity of lives on infinite planes.
Re: Spirituality: Who E Don EPP? by raphieMontella: 7:09am On Sep 14, 2016
DeepSight:

I don't think there can be anything such as "one time" when once we consider the spectre of eternity. Time is not something that can stop be it a continuum or a stagnant whole in which reality rests. Therefore in either direction one must look towards an infinity of lives on infinite planes.
ahk,,
but if this ''spirit'' is eternal...where was one's pre-life?
And why is it that our ''I'' has been growing from birth and declines towards death..
Our ''I'' at a year old is different from our ''I'' at 20 years old

1 Like

Re: Spirituality: Who E Don EPP? by DeepSight(m): 7:27am On Sep 14, 2016
raphieMontella:

ahk,,
And why is it that our ''I'' has been growing from birth and declines towards death..
Our ''I'' at a year old is different from our ''I'' at 20 years old

Great questions, let me proffer my thoughts - just my thoughts on these. Please these represent my own personal reflections and metaphysical view on the nature of reality and as such I lay no claim to these being absolute truth of any kind. It's my own take, after years of reflection, just my own view.

First - All things are Mind. And projections of Mind.

God ITSELF is mind. It is the infinite Minds of minds which is all existential reality.
Mind is everything, and all that happens in existence are radiations or thoughts of mind. Projections of Mind.

God is the Mind of Minds and souls are droplets of this eternal Mind, seeds or thoughts of this Eternal Mind, that proceed outward into realms of space and time.

As they do so, they evolve in their experiencing, and through phases, experience self consciousness.

The spirit-seed rests from eternity within the hand of the Eternal God. And when I say "hand" here, I mean within God. It proceeds outward into the realms of time and space as a thought from God.

This world is but a material projection of the Mind of minds where we, the droplets of that Mind, pass through in our evolution as thoughts of that mind. Minute projections of that Mind.

This is why you, as a droplet of that Mind, will experience your self awareness differently at every stage of your evolution into self awareness.

As you evolve infinitely, you will grow, from this plane into infinite planes, expanding yourself as a child of the Mind of Minds, and bringing forth droplets of mind which will grow as you did.

In this way, the Mind of Minds is eternally experiencing and eternally expanding itself in the reality that it is, itself.

2 Likes

Re: Spirituality: Who E Don EPP? by raphieMontella: 7:39am On Sep 14, 2016
DeepSight:

Great questions, let me proffer my thoughts - just my thoughts on these. Please these represent my own personal reflections and metaphysical view on the nature of reality and as such I lay no claim to these being absolute truth of any kind. It's my own take, after years of reflection, just my own view.

God ITSELF is mind. It is the infinite Minds of minds which is all existential reality.
Mind is everything, and all that happens in existence are radiations or thoughts of mind. Projections of Mind.

God is the Mind of Minds and souls are droplets of this eternal Mind, seeds or thoughts of this Eternal Mind, that proceed outward into realms of space and time.

As they do so, they evolve in their experiencing, and through phases, experience self consciousness.

The spirit-seed rests from eternity within the hand of the Eternal God. And when I say "hand" here, I mean within God. It proceeds outward into the realms of time and space as a thought from God.

This world is but a material projection of the Mind of minds where we, the droplets of that Mind, pass through in our evolution as thoughts of that mind. Minute projections of that Mind.

This is why you, as a droplet of that Mind, will experience your self awareness differently at every stage of your evolution into self awareness.

As you evolve infinitely, you will grow, from this plane into infinite planes, expanding yourself as a child of the Mind of Minds, and bringing forth droplets of mind which will grow as you did.

In this way, the Mind of Minds is eternally experiencing and eternally expanding itself in the reality that it is, itself.
hmm..so this material plane is just a kind of illusion?
Re: Spirituality: Who E Don EPP? by DeepSight(m): 7:51am On Sep 14, 2016
raphieMontella:

hmm..so this material plane is just a kind of illusion?

Well that is my take - but let's be careful here: for everything is indeed Mind, and projections of Mind. So what therefore is an illusion? We may see that there is nothing like an illusion actually, once we recognize that reality is indeed mind and projections of mind.

Now you have thoughts. You are capable of bringing your thoughts into reality. With sufficient evolution and development, you can project your thoughts. You can condense them, and your thoughts can proceed from you and translate into phenomena. In this same way you can influence thoughts and minds around you without lifting a finger. This is called thought projection.

Now, if you, a droplet of Mind, can do this, can you imagine what the Mind of Minds can do - that eternal and all encompassing Mind which upholds all reality?

It creates realities on a cosmic and eternal scale, just as we create our realities.

Thus, the word "illusion" is somewhat tricky to use - although in a sense that is the case. It is the projected illusion that is actually our reality, this world.
Re: Spirituality: Who E Don EPP? by DeepSight(m): 7:54am On Sep 14, 2016
@ Raphiemontella, I explored the co-relation between thought and reality in this old thread.
You might want to have a peep at the first two posts and others.

https://www.nairaland.com/467772/belief-reality
Re: Spirituality: Who E Don EPP? by ifenes(m): 7:59am On Sep 14, 2016
DeepSight:

Great input!

3 Likes

Re: Spirituality: Who E Don EPP? by raphieMontella: 10:05am On Sep 14, 2016
DeepSight:

@ Raphiemontella, I explored the co-relation between thought and reality in this old thread.
You might want to have a peep at the first two posts and others.

https://www.nairaland.com/467772/belief-reality
aiit..would ask on that thread
Re: Spirituality: Who E Don EPP? by DeepSight(m): 10:13am On Sep 14, 2016
raphieMontella:

aiit..would ask on that thread

^^^ Its a really old thread, I doubt most of the contributors are still active on this forum.
Re: Spirituality: Who E Don EPP? by plaetton: 11:59am On Sep 14, 2016
@Deepsight.
All these big talk, all these big grammar, all these pontifications, are they not just mere speculations, more of creative imagination than reality ?

Can you sit there and tell us that all these wishful fantasies about spiritual this and spiritual that are absolute truths ?
How did you arrive at such truths without the benefit of observation, experimentation and analysis ?

And for the sake of this discussion, even if there were grains of truth in your postulations, the big questions remains; Who E Don EPP ?

How does such knowledge advance human struggles in the end?

The person who formulates an effective headache tablet is doing far more for humanity than one who labours for your fancy knowledge. This is my point.

At this stage of our development, shouldn't we be tired of these AFTER-LIFE INSURANCE POLICIES, the promotions of which have created many contending and conflicting religions on Earth over the past thousands of years ? undecided

1 Like

Re: Spirituality: Who E Don EPP? by DeepSight(m): 12:21pm On Sep 14, 2016
plaetton:
@Deepsight.
All these big talk, all these big grammar,

I did not write big grammar anywhere. Not a single word would be worthy of Hon. Obahiagbon.

all these pontifications, are they not just mere speculations, more of creative imagination than reality ?

Can you sit there and tell us that all these wishful fantasies about spiritual this and spiritual that are absolute truths ?

My words exactly were -

DeepSight: I lay no claim to these being absolute truth of any kind. It's my own take, after years of reflection, just my own view.

- - - And thus I am at a loss as to what you are saying.

How did you arrive at such truths without the benefit of observation, experimentation and analysis ?

I have been doing all three most of my life, and some more too: however nothing that I say would qualify as "observation, experimentation and analysis" according to you because only your version of such counts as such.

And for the sake of this discussion, even if there were grains of truth in your postulations, the big questions remains; Who E Don EPP ?

Only most of mankind.

Mind you, this is the last thread and last quote I will respond to if I ever see that word "epp" again! cool

How does such knowledge advance human struggles in the end?

It adds context, meaning and direction to life.

As an example, It is important for many people to know that a single kind or selfless deed may be more important in their lives than acquiring all the possible material wealth in the world for instance. The more people think this way, the better the world will be. The less greed and injustice would ravage the world, don't you think?

The person who formulates an effective headache tablet is doing far more for humanity than one who labours for your fancy knowledge. This is my point.

Nobody says people should not create headache tablets. In fact the vast majority of problem solving scientists are religious people, so I don't see your point still. Nothing stops them from contributing to the world daily.

At this stage of our development, shouldn't we be tired of these AFTER-LIFE INSURANCE POLICIES, the promotions of which have created many contending and conflicting religions on Earth over the past thousands of years ? undecided

It's not an insurance policy. In fact most people live as if they are determined to arrive at hell fire, if such a place existed.

Spirituality is simply connecting with the self and reaching an awareness of it and its spiritual environment. It promotes, and not negates, everyday positive and productive living.
Re: Spirituality: Who E Don EPP? by plaetton: 12:32pm On Sep 14, 2016
DeepSight:

As an example, It is important for many people to know that a single kind or selfless deed may be more important in their lives than acquiring all the possible material wealth in the world for instance. The more people think this way, the better the world will be. The less greed and injustice would ravage the world, don't you think?

Living in Nigeria, how, in your mind does an obsession with " the spiritual" make people less greedy? shocked

In fact, I can make a compelling argument that spiritual quest is anchored on deep-seated selfishness, and promotes greed.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Spirituality: Who E Don EPP? by Nobody: 12:39pm On Sep 14, 2016
ecu120:
As a Christian it has helped me a great deal, both physically,spiritually and mentally.

What is the over all message of the compiled literature called the bible?
Re: Spirituality: Who E Don EPP? by Nobody: 12:54pm On Sep 14, 2016
[quote author=Godwin2016 post=49337881]
Re: Spirituality: Who E Don EPP? by DeepSight(m): 2:46pm On Sep 14, 2016
plaetton:

Living in Nigeria, how, in your mind does an obsession with " the spiritual" make people less greedy? shocked

What you mean to say is this - "Living in Nigeria, you can see how obsession with religion makes people more greedy."

In fact, I can make a compelling argument that spiritual quest is anchored on deep-seated selfishness, and promotes greed.

Go ahead.
Re: Spirituality: Who E Don EPP? by Objectives: 2:56pm On Sep 14, 2016
DeepSight:

You only need to be self aware and self cognisant. Try also, to hear your inner voice, to clear the noise of the world in your head and align with your inner intuition and direction, you will find your way. You do not require a laboratory.
Re: Spirituality: Who E Don EPP? by plaetton: 7:32pm On Sep 15, 2016
DeepSight:

And you know this for sure?
Re: Spirituality: Who E Don EPP? by plaetton: 7:34pm On Sep 15, 2016
ifenes:

Great input!
Dp
Re: Spirituality: Who E Don EPP? by plaetton: 7:34pm On Sep 15, 2016
ifenes:

Great input!

Naaa.

More like word salad buffet.
Re: Spirituality: Who E Don EPP? by plaetton: 7:47pm On Sep 15, 2016
DeepSight:

What you mean to say is this - "Living in Nigeria, you can see how obsession with religion makes people more greedy."

Go ahead.

It is my observation that people obsessed with spirituality are people looking for a backdoor, a short cut to navigate reality.

Everyone wants an advantage, an advantage over others, to know something that others do not know that would confer an advantage to them in certain or all aspects of life.

This, I surmise, is the basis of spiritual pursuit.

Spirituality promises people the so-called keys to knowledge, advantage and success. This is probably why spirituality is very popular in third world countries that are in left behind technological advancements .

It is motivated by self interest, the selfish gene .
Re: Spirituality: Who E Don EPP? by DeepSight(m): 12:32am On Sep 16, 2016
plaetton:

It is my observation that people obsessed with spirituality are people looking for a backdoor, a short cut to navigate reality.

Everyone wants an advantage, an advantage over others, to know something that others do not know that would confer an advantage to them in certain or all aspects of life.

This, I surmise, is the basis of spiritual pursuit.

Spirituality promises people the so-called keys to knowledge, advantage and success. This is probably why spirituality is very popular in third world countries that are in left behind technological advancements .

It is motivated by self interest, the selfish gene .

Oh, this is most most untrue. It may be true of religion but is most most untrue of spirituality. And of course in terms of spirituality - such does not apply to third world countries alone. Not at all. Nothing could be further from the truth.

Spirituality is an irresistible internal yearning for truth and identity. There could by no means be anything selfish about it.

It is a compulsion towards the mighty onwards.

1 Like

Re: Spirituality: Who E Don EPP? by DeepSight(m): 12:34am On Sep 16, 2016
plaetton:

And you know this for sure?

Oh yes indeed, this I do know for sure, for no creature could exist as a material creature only.

The enervating element is a sine qua non.
Re: Spirituality: Who E Don EPP? by JackBizzle: 6:14am On Sep 17, 2016
DeepSight:

Oh, this is most most untrue. It may be true of religion but is most most untrue of spirituality. And of course in terms of spirituality - such does not apply to third world countries alone. Not at all. Nothing could be further from the truth.

Spirituality is an irresistible internal yearning for truth and identity. There could by no means be anything selfish about it.

It is a compulsion towards the mighty onwards.

4 glorious years and baba deepsight aka deepardo has not stopped making word salads full of verbose nonsense.

The only difference between spirituality and religion is that spirituality is less tangible. Spirituality gets you nothing, hence, the title- "who spirituality don epp?"

What has anyone truly gained from this so called spirituality? Knowledge? Love? Happiness? The fact remains that every good thing in life can be gotten without spirituality.

Spirituality is just a voodoo smokescreen for the dishonest to sound mystical. What you call "spiritual" is just a glorified mystical adjective put on a normal event. Examples-

-Smoking weed is seen as spiritual. Yet, most weed smokers smoke it for the high or calming effect.
-Meditation is seen as spiritual. Yet, many people meditate just for relaxation and to clear thoughts.

There is no such thing as spirituality- there are only people that use term to sound mystical or esoteric.

1 Like

Re: Spirituality: Who E Don EPP? by DeepSight(m): 12:15pm On Sep 17, 2016
JackBizzle:

4 glorious years and baba deepsight aka deepardo has not stopped making word salads full of verbose nonsense.

The only difference between spirituality and religion is that spirituality is less tangible. Spirituality gets you nothing, hence, the title- "who spirituality don epp?"

What has anyone truly gained from this so called spirituality? Knowledge? Love? Happiness? The fact remains that every good thing in life can be gotten without spirituality.

Spirituality is just a voodoo smokescreen for the dishonest to sound mystical. What you call "spiritual" is just a glorified mystical adjective put on a normal event. Examples-

-Smoking weed is seen as spiritual. Yet, most weed smokers smoke it for the high or calming effect.
-Meditation is seen as spiritual. Yet, many people meditate just for relaxation and to clear thoughts.

There is no such thing as spirituality- there are only people that use term to sound mystical or esoteric.

You are woefully wrong and I feel sad for you. Nevertheless, everyone is entitled to their point of view, however shallow and vacant of introspection it may be.

PS: Is this (Jackbizzle) another handle for Plaetton?
Re: Spirituality: Who E Don EPP? by plaetton: 12:28pm On Sep 17, 2016
DeepSight:

You are woefully wrong and I feel sad for you. Nevertheless, everyone is entitled to their point of view, however shallow and vacant of introspection it may be.

No sir.
Jackbizzle is Logicboy, the old nemesis of the religious nuts, sophists and word salad chefs of Nairaland.

He makes some very remarkable points.

The So-called spirituality is nothing but plain old psychology, clothed with esoteric sophistry.
Re: Spirituality: Who E Don EPP? by DeepSight(m): 1:03pm On Sep 17, 2016
plaetton:

No sir.
Jackbizzle is Logicboy, the old nemesis of the religious nuts, sophists and word salad chefs of Nairaland.

He makes some very remarkable points.

The So-called spirituality is nothing but plain old psychology, clothed with exoteric sophistry.

Well you both are wrong. I am not particularly enthused with logicboy's mind at all events.

I think I have explained sufficiently above why you are wrong in this, and needn't add more. There cannot even arise the question of psychology without a being to whom that psychology is attached. This is the same way there cannot arise the question of a body without a being to whom that body belongs. That being, as I have shown you, cannot be mere meat. I cannot repeat myself hoarse and so perhaps I have to leave it at that. Whatever I say, you say its wordy nonsense even where I use nursery school words. So I can't help you further.

Go fetch a spirit.
That might help.
Re: Spirituality: Who E Don EPP? by JackBizzle: 1:17pm On Sep 17, 2016
DeepSight:

It all boils down to a simple question- how has spirituality helped you?

but then again, I'm not interested in your word salad.

Cheers

1 Like

Re: Spirituality: Who E Don EPP? by JackBizzle: 1:22pm On Sep 17, 2016
DeepSight:

Well you both are wrong. I am not particularly enthused with logicboy's mind at all events.

I think I have explained sufficiently above why you are wrong in this, and needn't add more. There cannot even arise the question of psychology without a being to whom that psychology is attached. This is the same way there cannot arise the question of a body without a being to whom that body belongs. That being, as I have shown you, cannot be mere meat. I cannot repeat myself hoarse and so perhaps I have to leave it at that. Whatever I say, you say its wordy nonsense even where I use nursery school words. So I can't help you further.

Go fetch a spirit.
That might help.

I was more interesting when you thought that I was Plaetton?

See how you think?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Bishop Simeon Borokini Rejects RUGA In South West / Why Do You Go To Church (Options) ? / A Thread For The Mental Emancipation Of Indoctrinated Religious Adherents

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 93
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.