Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,339 members, 7,811,986 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 04:46 AM

Spirituality: Who E Don EPP? - Religion (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Spirituality: Who E Don EPP? (8996 Views)

On Spirituality And Religion: The Dream Of Zaynie / Poor But Silly [spirituality, Bane Of The Poor] / The Experience 2016 – Don Moen, Donnie Mcclurkin & More Arrive In Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Spirituality: Who E Don EPP? by plaetton: 3:06pm On Oct 21, 2016
DeepSight:

Absolutely wrong sire.

There is indeed a difference between religion and faith. Many adhere to a religion and have no faith. Many have faith and adhere to no religion. I have faith and I do not adhere to any religion. Indeed, what is faith but belief and hope in something: in an idea, a person or an expectation? I have great faith in myself, I have great faith in love and I have immense faith in the grand order of all things (which many may call "the will of God" ).

In the grand scheme of things - a scintilla of which we cannot even conceive or apprehend, we are way too presumptuous to begin to judge and conclusively assess the justice of the Grand Order of things: of eras and epochs which we cannot and will never be able to conceive in the bird's eye view trajectory: we grope: worse than the blind men about an elephant: and ridiculously declare that which we know not.

Of all people: you ought to know better.

Unconvincing.
Too light on substance.
undecided
Re: Spirituality: Who E Don EPP? by DeepSight(m): 3:20pm On Oct 21, 2016
plaetton:

Unconvincing.
Too light on substance.
undecided

It is not true that many adhere to religion and have no faith? It is not true that many have faith and adhere to no religion?
It is not true that faith is what I described it as: belief or hope in an idea, person or expectation?

What about these is insufficient to show you that religion is not the same thing as faith.

A religion is an established practice often by a group with a set of beliefs and practices.
My faith in a better tomorrow needs no organized religion: and there are indeed faithless religionists; you cannot deny that.

And what is spirituality? It is (or rather, should be, for each of us) what Nwankwo has described it as: and again: you of all people should relate to it: as you speak so often of energies: perhaps I may describe your spirituality as the essential energy or vibration that is the inner you.

That has nothing in this world to do with religion.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Spirituality: Who E Don EPP? by JackBizzle: 3:26pm On Oct 21, 2016
DeepSight:

It is not true that many adhere to religion and have no faith? It is not true that many have faith and adhere to no religion?
It is not true that faith is what I described it as: belief or hope in an idea, person or expectation?

Re: Spirituality: Who E Don EPP? by plaetton: 3:38pm On Oct 21, 2016
DeepSight:

What about these is insufficient to show you that religion is not the same thing as faith.

A religion is an established practice often by a group with a set of beliefs and practices.
My faith in a better tomorrow needs no organized religion: and there are indeed faithless religionists; you cannot deny that.

And what is spirituality? It is (or rather, should be, for each of us) what Nwankwo has described it as: and again: you of all people should relate to it: as you speak so often of energies: perhaps I may describe your spirituality as the essential energy or vibration that is the inner you.

I have no disagreements with what Nwankwo has written, though I would have , as you rightly said, used more scientific terminology. The meat of his argument makes sense.

But my question remains; Is the scientific method not a better, the better way of discerning reality, rather than the obsession with " the spiritual ".

The " spiritual" and its vainglorious pursuits have historically bequeathed humankind nothing but confusing and contradictory philosophies and religions.

An engineer who designs, through the scientific method, a safer and shorter way to travel from point A to point B is a much more useful asset to humanity than a spiritual guru , sitting in idle meditations seeking Nirvana or trying to unite with the infinite oneness wink.

Don't you think So, sire ?

3 Likes

Re: Spirituality: Who E Don EPP? by chieveboy(m): 3:56pm On Oct 21, 2016
Using ones imagination alone and logical reasoning, one can contemplate the difference between Religion and faith...assuming both are seperate phenomena.

Assume you are invisibly with the first man, and by this,l don't mean the Biblical Adam. You will notice that he tended towards any element, being or personality that helped it against harm... identification, friendship, and worship. It's evident in history.

That been said, religion is merely the term people refer their system of belief...and this comes with a good Serving of faith in the dish. Religion is the spoon used in consuming the sea of the knowledge of self and God.

Constant is the fact that a definate spoon is inadequate for this venture much as the hands of the ten blind men with the elephant.

I view people who drop religion as being on the proper path way...cos religion defines boundaries for you to study what is boundless--thats a discord!
Re: Spirituality: Who E Don EPP? by chieveboy(m): 4:33pm On Oct 21, 2016
plaetton:

I have no disagreements with what Nwankwo has written, though I would have , as you rightly said, used more scientific terminology. The meat of his argument makes sense.

But my question remains; Is the scientific method not a better, the better way of discerning reality, rather than the obsession with " the spiritual ".

?

In my opinion, nothing is wrong with scientific methods. You risk waiting for ever though, cos it will cost a lot of money, time and intellect to invent the machines that do stuffs done in using the Spiritual : Time machines, inter-planetary space ships, demon-viewers, demon-binder and caster etc.

The US government had gone spiritual. They now sanction stuffs like Remote Viewing, Astral Projection etc in covert CIA operations. Astral Projection can take you to other planet and you could see the 'aliens' this time.

Am trying to investigate the 'fable' of the lost world of Atlantis. These guys built machines which can project someone to another physical locale, and even the Astral world or first heaven like in starwars. They perform complex surgical operations and our present tech is child's play compared to theirs.
Re: Spirituality: Who E Don EPP? by KingEbukasBlog(m): 4:37pm On Oct 21, 2016
DeepSight:

Wise man cool
Re: Spirituality: Who E Don EPP? by JackBizzle: 4:56pm On Oct 21, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

Wise man cool

You dey feel am abi?
Re: Spirituality: Who E Don EPP? by Nobody: 6:14pm On Oct 21, 2016
what most of you don't understand is that spirituality births religion, every religion has one form of spirituality rubbish in it, either you like it or not , if you say spirituality exists then the little "2 year old boy" from akwa ibom deserves to have been murdered or left to die and not rescued by "anja loveren".the so called belief by we homosapiens that there is anything spiritual among us is damn wrong we think of ourselves but not think of the dogs, plants and other animals, the fact there is a form of energy that keeps us alive doesn't mean its a spiritual force but rather a powerful natural force , that keeps all other living things alive and therfore we should search out what this force or energy is. what we don't know in science we don't know therefore we should endeavor to search out and not say its spiritual and above the understanding of mankind.
cc: plaetton, sonofluc1fer, ,deepinsight, JackBizzle
Re: Spirituality: Who E Don EPP? by chieveboy(m): 10:04am On Oct 22, 2016
stephenmorris:
what most of you don't understand is that spirituality births religion, every religion has one form of spirituality rubbish in it, either you like it or not

You have answered your inquiry, just that you limited spirituality to religion only. It is a matter of the Law of Relativity and how it effects the conversion of energy or matter from one form to another. You have spirituality in anything else (that must exist) as the foundation or original of anything physical. It outer appearance was actually the contortion of a spiritual law in relation to the physical Law applied to matter or energy.

If you still do not follow: every thing else can be reduced and represented to mathematical formula, formulas are intangible. To ride a car existing in mathematic formula, one has to 'act' on it by replacing the Representation to their physical counterparts...in order words, you look for the exact physical form to substitude with the intangible 'non-existent' car.

So you beloved physical stuffs and religions are actual 'reduced' or 'represented' Spiritual stuffs: Thoughts, emotions or feelings. [/quote]

if you say spirituality exists then the little "2 year old boy" from akwa ibom deserves to have been murdered or left to die and not rescued by "anja loveren".the so called belief by we homosapiens that there is anything spiritual among us is damn

Another 'dramatized' or physical representation of Spirituality emotion

wrong we think of ourselves but not think of the dogs, plants and other animals,

depending on the kind of 'church' you go to...you should realize that whatever is 'driving' the best of humans is completely same with that 'driving' animals, plants, and minerals. It is termed "Soul" and it wears different bodies on the depending on the universe its existing. this bodies includes mental, astral or emotional, 'alien', 'demon', animal, plant and mineral bodies ( ei rocks)

the fact there is a form of energy that keeps us alive doesn't mean its a spiritual force but rather a powerful natural force , that keeps all other living things alive and therefore we should search out what this force or energy is.

It is an unimaginably immense stream of energy existing in its pure state as Light and Sound. Everything else in its original state when reduced and purified leaves only light and sound. This light and sound is of course energy and is what referred to as Holy Spirit, Holy Ghost etc. Remember it changes depending on the known and unknown Laws of the different universes...as how when two colours mixed changes depending on their innate mathematical qualities. It origin is not on the physical universe at all else energy could have been creatable.

what we don't know in science we don't know therefore we should endeavor to search out and not say its spiritual and above the understanding of mankind.

As a matter of fact if you think science has not established link with the spiritual, you are mistaken. The problem with science is that you have to physically prove to others the veracity of your findings, but the problem is usually the expence and need to for creation of wasteful material devices just to prove a simpler issue. So lots of facts had been relegated to the 'theory' archive...and scientists do not take the word of just 'theory'.

For example l had mentioned how the CIA used a spiritual technique it tagged "Remote Viewing" in its missions. A lot of Scientists for instance visit other universes in 'Soul Travel' and some in 'Astral Projection' and learn in advanced labs which has equipment that makes a child's play of ours...some meet the Einsteins and Darwins in one-on-ones, but cant just come to 'prove' that to others. Actually Science is 'a learner' regardless of its present advancement.
cc: plaetton, sonofluc1fer, ,deepinsight, JackBizzle[/quote]
Re: Spirituality: Who E Don EPP? by KingEbukasBlog(m): 12:22pm On Oct 22, 2016
JackBizzle:

You dey feel am abi?

Sure !
Re: Spirituality: Who E Don EPP? by KingEbukasBlog(m): 8:27pm On Jan 11, 2017
plaetton:

I have elaborated before on how self awareness and self cognisance are functions of the brain, mirror neurons to be precise.

Orbitofrontal regions to be precise tongue . As this region matures around 14 months after a baby's birth the baby becomes self conscious - he understands that he is a separate unique entity and gains a reciprocal understanding that other people are different from him . That's why embarrassment is the first social emotion a baby develops - he now knows that other people notice his actions .

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Spirituality: Who E Don EPP? by urheme: 10:30am On Jan 12, 2017
plaetton:
Yes. A very valid question.

Since the dawn of human life, and up to this day, there has been so much Ado about spirituality.

In fact, spiritual mumbo jumbos occupy a grossly disproportionate part of the African mind in this 21st century.
Why?

Looking back at the last 6,000 yrs recorded human history, what has the pursuit of " the spiritual" ever benefited humankind?

Thousands of so-called prophets, wise men, enlightened souls, gurus, sons , daughters, nephews and nieces of god have come and gone, and in most cases, left their environments worse than they met them.

Aside from hurling humankind from one dark pit right into another, in what ways have the pursuit of the " spiritual" positively advanced the human trek?

C:C Deepsight.

Deepsight seems to be your only challenge on this forum...

Ok spirituality does not epp but God Helps......are you happy now

grin grin
Re: Spirituality: Who E Don EPP? by JackBizzle: 12:45pm On Jan 12, 2017
urheme:

Deepsight seems to be your only challenge on this forum...

Ok spirituality does not epp but God Helps......are you happy now

grin grin

Contradiction!!!!

God is a spirit. One has to be spiritual to reach God. If spirituality does not help, then, God cannot help!

DEBUNKED!
Re: Spirituality: Who E Don EPP? by urheme: 3:25pm On Jan 12, 2017
JackBizzle:

Contradiction!!!!

God is a spirit. One has to be spiritual to reach God. If spirituality does not help, then, God cannot help!

DEBUNKED!

you again ba
Re: Spirituality: Who E Don EPP? by JackBizzle: 8:35am On Jan 13, 2017
urheme:

you again ba

Na me. cool

Because I'm Batman

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

A Thread For The Mental Emancipation Of Indoctrinated Religious Adherents / Trinity In Islam!? Muslims Cannot Explain! / According To Jesus, Yahweh Is Evil.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.