Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,334 members, 7,819,152 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:02 PM

Okonjo-iweala May Not Be Guilty Of Fraud — Joda - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Okonjo-iweala May Not Be Guilty Of Fraud — Joda (21976 Views)

Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Appointed By Standard Chartered As Director, To Earn £130k / "Whoever We Arrested For Corruption Must Be Guilty" - EFCC Boss / Ngozi Okonjo-iweala May Be Nursing Presidential Ambition (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Okonjo-iweala May Not Be Guilty Of Fraud — Joda by IsThisChange: 7:44am On Sep 14, 2016
Transition Committee Chairman, Ahmed Joda, said his panel did not find anything to believe a former Finance Minister, Dr. Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala, was guilty of graft.

Okonjo-Iweala served last in the administration of former President Goodluck Jonathan.

Joda, who spoke with select journalists in Yola, Adamawa State, said the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission, which had beamed its searchlight on the last administration, might never find Okonjo-Iweala guilty of any wrongdoing, despite the various financial malfeasances that had been traced to the Jonathan administration.

However, Joda expressed surprise at Okonjo-Iweala’s, action of not resigning her position even when it became obvious that many people in the administration were not acting in good conscience.

Joda said this while responding to a suggestion on whether or not Buhari could bring back the likes of the former Finance Minister to help the administration fix the economy.

Joda said despite the perfidy committed by some persons during the administration, Okonjo-Iweala always sought presidential approval, and by so doing shielded herself.

He noted that such tactfulness from her made it difficult for anyone, including the EFCC, to be able to link her with fraud.

He said, “Okonjo-Iweala is a professional and she guarded herself, if you look at what she did. Whenever, they said this happened she was able to produce papers to say, ‘look oh!’ We had a meeting, presided over by the President and attended by the National Security Adviser and others. And we agreed.

“And she would go back and write the President and say, ‘I have received a request to release so many billions in accordance with our minutes. Your Excellency, if you will approve.’ And His Excellency would approve it. So, she covered herself, thus you can’t pin anything on her.”

Joda said Jonathan’s misdemeanour was because he gave presidential approval to virtually everything his aides came to seek from him.

He noted that this even extended to the affairs of state which ought to have been handled independently of the Presidency’s consent.

The elder statesman said he was surprised that the recession in the country was not as worse as envisaged, given the “character of the country which consumes without producing.”

He added, “We were pretending, given our character as a consumer country, even the oil and gas we are not producing; if we are to tell ourselves the truth. We have four refineries. We can’t refine; we are importing. We don’t have enough facilities to import the quantity of fuel that we require. We are badly managing our affairs, we are destroying our economy.

“I’m not surprised that we are in this situation. I’m only surprised that we are not even worse.”

For him, the current economic challenges bedevilling the country should not necessarily be blamed on the immediate past administration and that the problem was traceable to “What we failed to do as a nation.”

According to him, no one can excuse himself of culpability.

He maintained that President Buhari’s Presidency as a civilian was bound to face some governance challenges because democracy was a different terrain.

Joda said, “When he (Buhari) was a military president, he could jail people and order people to queue up. But today he can’t; because he didn’t come through the bullet, he came through the ballot box. And this ballot box says okay, Mr. Buhari you are no longer a General, if you like you can call yourself Alhaji or Mallam. But here are the courts, here is the National Assembly and this is the way you are going. You cannot jail anybody or even lock them up for even one hour. You have to follow due process.”

http://punchng.com/okonjo-iweala-may-not-guilty-fraud-joda/

19 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Okonjo-iweala May Not Be Guilty Of Fraud — Joda by agwom(m): 7:45am On Sep 14, 2016
lipsrsealed

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Okonjo-iweala May Not Be Guilty Of Fraud — Joda by paschal47(m): 7:47am On Sep 14, 2016
they are looking for a way to bring her back.

simply ask and it shall be given unto you

180 Likes 18 Shares

Re: Okonjo-iweala May Not Be Guilty Of Fraud — Joda by Aufbauh(m): 7:49am On Sep 14, 2016
She that allows an evil to hold sway in her reign is equally guilty of not just abating it but promoting same.

Responsibility begins already with the making of the resolution,not just with the accomplished deed,which is simply the consequence of the resolution.

If under your cover and guidance the more adept can even rake in quite successful haul and do many things that would not stand up to any moral examination, yet you claim a reputations of being capable then you're irresponsible.....simple!

NB: I don't have time to reply ignorant quotes below...some comments are beyond kids comprehension.

21 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Okonjo-iweala May Not Be Guilty Of Fraud — Joda by STFUand4kMeHARD(m): 7:50am On Sep 14, 2016
The name Ahmed Joda made me not to insult the buhari here. He is the only northerner i can associatiate his name with integrity.

Sai Oga Joda .... i believe you cool cool

42 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Okonjo-iweala May Not Be Guilty Of Fraud — Joda by IsThisChange: 7:53am On Sep 14, 2016
Aufbauh:
She that allows an evil to hold sway in her reign is equally guilty of not just abating it but promoting same.

“And she would go back and write the President and say, ‘I have received a request to release so many billions in accordance with our minutes. Your Excellency, if you will approve.’ And His Excellency would approve it. So, she covered herself, thus you can’t pin anything on her.”

79 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Okonjo-iweala May Not Be Guilty Of Fraud — Joda by STFUand4kMeHARD(m): 7:54am On Sep 14, 2016
Aufbauh:
Senseless rabble tongue

101 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Okonjo-iweala May Not Be Guilty Of Fraud — Joda by sinistermind(m): 7:56am On Sep 14, 2016
That's what they fail to understand about this woman. The FG should do away with pride and engage Nigerian bright minds on country's economy as consultants to provide solution to this economic problem.

62 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Okonjo-iweala May Not Be Guilty Of Fraud — Joda by Ola17: 7:57am On Sep 14, 2016
The coming months will see NOI back as finance minister.

49 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Okonjo-iweala May Not Be Guilty Of Fraud — Joda by IsThisChange: 7:58am On Sep 14, 2016
Lalasticlala, Myd44,
Alhaji Joda don talk, is he correct by this his remarks

2 Likes

Re: Okonjo-iweala May Not Be Guilty Of Fraud — Joda by praxisnetworks: 7:59am On Sep 14, 2016
she maybe innocent contrary to what modath n crew would have loved!

seun am still seeking a precise interpretation of Rule2!

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Okonjo-iweala May Not Be Guilty Of Fraud — Joda by Xer0: 8:02am On Sep 14, 2016
She is a professional that was surrounded by incompetent people

26 Likes 1 Share

Re: Okonjo-iweala May Not Be Guilty Of Fraud — Joda by kettykin: 8:03am On Sep 14, 2016
Useless party of conspirators, they expected a world class economist to come and be stealing their worthless currency, Ndi iberibe, big for nothing country that thrives on the achievement and resources of the same people they refer to as 5%

87 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Okonjo-iweala May Not Be Guilty Of Fraud — Joda by kenny987(f): 8:06am On Sep 14, 2016
[s]
Aufbauh:
[/s]

Grow some brains and be sensible. The evil currently holding sway with both overt and covert approval of ur master Bubu nko?

86 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Okonjo-iweala May Not Be Guilty Of Fraud — Joda by IsThisChange: 8:09am On Sep 14, 2016
praxisnetworks:

does this qualify?

It depends on how you ask that Question and what led to that
Re: Okonjo-iweala May Not Be Guilty Of Fraud — Joda by otukpo(f): 8:10am On Sep 14, 2016
Ngo babe, smart and professional to the core.

12 Likes

Re: Okonjo-iweala May Not Be Guilty Of Fraud — Joda by IsThisChange: 8:10am On Sep 14, 2016
kenny987:
[s][/s]

Grow some brains and be sensible. The evil currently holding sway with both overt and covert approval of ur master Bubu nko?

Maybe he was expecting to see billions of Naira.

17 Likes

Re: Okonjo-iweala May Not Be Guilty Of Fraud — Joda by HtwoOw: 8:12am On Sep 14, 2016
Thinking, assuming and reality are 3 different possibilities

If she was involved in graft, EFCC will find it, and I hope they do soon because some people are already worshipping her

3 Likes

Re: Okonjo-iweala May Not Be Guilty Of Fraud — Joda by otukpo(f): 8:12am On Sep 14, 2016
Ola17:
The coming months will see NOI back as finance minister.

I reject it for her.

Not in this government.

27 Likes 1 Share

Re: Okonjo-iweala May Not Be Guilty Of Fraud — Joda by praxisnetworks: 8:12am On Sep 14, 2016
IsThisChange:

It depends on how you ask that Question and what led to that
no precedence I just saw the post and asked the question o! and voila someone who felt she is more priviledged than seun slapped a ban. that being the only contribution on the said thread!

I have been flipping through my dictionary seeking an interpretation of insult n bullying

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Okonjo-iweala May Not Be Guilty Of Fraud — Joda by Stingman: 8:14am On Sep 14, 2016
Aufbauh:

What of Buhari that allowed PTF to become a conduit pipe to siphon billions? Is he also equally guilty? You need your injections now...

57 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Okonjo-iweala May Not Be Guilty Of Fraud — Joda by buchilino(m): 8:15am On Sep 14, 2016
Aufbauh:

I DOUBT IF U NO LITTLE OR ANYTHING ABOUT GOVT ADMINISTRATION IN NIGERIA. COS IF U DID, U WOULDN'T MAKE DIS KIND OF WONDERFUL STATEMENT.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Okonjo-iweala May Not Be Guilty Of Fraud — Joda by Izontubo(m): 8:16am On Sep 14, 2016
i just like this woman..if only denzieni could emulate her ways back then ,she wouldn't be hunted by this present dumb administration..

okonja is a financial guru..she keeps record of all her activities for posterity sake...reason why no one can indict her..even the short black ugly thief (oshiomole) is tired of running around her issues...the woman sure knows what integrity is..she represents the world...

cool cool cool cool

40 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Okonjo-iweala May Not Be Guilty Of Fraud — Joda by Izontubo(m): 8:16am On Sep 14, 2016
Stingman:

What of Buhari that allowed PTF to become a conduit pipe to siphon billions? Is he also equally guilty? You need your injections now...
e really need him injections.. grin grin grin

16 Likes

Re: Okonjo-iweala May Not Be Guilty Of Fraud — Joda by buchilino(m): 8:19am On Sep 14, 2016
sinistermind:
That's what they fail to understand about this woman. The FG should do away with pride and engage Nigerian bright minds on country's economy as consultants to provide solution to this economic problem.

D QUESTION IS, CAN BUHARI REMOVE RELIGIOUS N TRIBAL SENTIMENTS WEN MAKING DECISIONS. DAT HAS ALWAYS BEEN MY REASON 4 DISLIKING HIM.

12 Likes

Re: Okonjo-iweala May Not Be Guilty Of Fraud — Joda by IsThisChange: 8:19am On Sep 14, 2016
praxisnetworks:

no precedence I just saw the post and asked the question o! and voila someone who felt she is more priviledged than seun slapped a ban. that being the only contribution on the said thread!

I have been flipping through my dictionary seeking an interpretation of insult n bullying

So Sorry bout that.
But 1. What is the comment from her, *the said comment prompt your own comment*
2. What is your comment *your comment on the thread*
Re: Okonjo-iweala May Not Be Guilty Of Fraud — Joda by Bujumbura(m): 8:21am On Sep 14, 2016
Aufbauh:

Responsibility begins already with the making of the resolution,not just with the accomplished deed,which is simply the consequence of the resolution.

If under your cover and guidance the more adept can even rake in quite successful haul and do many things that would not stand up to any moral examination, yet you claim a reputations of being capable then you're irresponsible.....simple!
Shut up

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Okonjo-iweala May Not Be Guilty Of Fraud — Joda by DIKEnaWAR: 8:22am On Sep 14, 2016
She didn't attain the level she has in life by being brainless like our politicians na. She knows her onion and even if this government does not like her face, they should try and engage other Nigerians like her who are equally good to manage this situation for us pending when we grow some brains and begin to diversify and refine our crude locally.

As it stands, the Ministers of ; budget and planning, Agriculture, Trade and investment, Finance and others connected to some critical sectors of our economy are not thinking standing on their feet. The President either need to change them or let them bring their expertise to the able without interference.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Okonjo-iweala May Not Be Guilty Of Fraud — Joda by idensko(m): 8:23am On Sep 14, 2016
I know

She is to intelligent to mingle with such thing as corruption

5 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

"Buhari Has No Business Being The President" - Farooq Kperogi / Melaye’s Recall: There Is No Restraining Order – INEC / Police Refuse To Bring Sowore, Others For Ruling On Bail Application

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.