Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,521 members, 7,819,873 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 04:31 AM

Top 4 Nigerian Singers Whose Lyrics Are Crap- TALK NG - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Top 4 Nigerian Singers Whose Lyrics Are Crap- TALK NG (3270 Views)

Joey Barton Calls Wizkid’s "Ojuelegba" Crap, Nigerians React, Blast Him / Falz Slams Nigerian Singers Who Hail Fraudsters And Yahoo Boiz In Their Songs / Four Nigerian Singers Who Can't Sing (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Top 4 Nigerian Singers Whose Lyrics Are Crap- TALK NG by NgreadNews(m): 10:04am On Sep 14, 2016
Many Nigerian musicians today just don't care at all about the lyrics of their song because they know once the beat is a party jam, it's surely gonna sell which is sadly true. Frankly speaking, this is common amongst the male singers. Checkout our list below:

1. Psquare (Mr P and Rude Boy): Though we all love Psquare (or at least almost everyone), we must admit 99percent of their song lyrics are totally meaningless. Yes Totally! Looking far back from when they were coming up as music entertainers, they were good but now they just write meaningless lyrics and do a great beat... That's it! It sells like crazy. Ok let's look look at their last album, almost every song had poor lyrics excluding 'Bring It On' and probably 'Ejeajo' which was great.

2. Lil Kesh: Hmm! Lil kesh should have made the top list but cuz he isn't as old as Psquare in the music industry. Keshi is a pro when it comes to singing without 'Thinking'. No sense can be made out from his songs and downloading them is simply a waste of time I must say. During the headies award when Reekado Banks won the Next Rated Award, I was very impressed with that for he deserves it to the fullest. When it comes to Lyrics, you cannot equate 'Reekado Banks' and Lil Kesh period. But apart from condeming Keshi, I must say his 'Ishe' single was dope and he should focus more on good lyrics as he also does for his beat because when he combines the two, it's gonna be a bomb!

3. Cynthia Morgan: Truth be told, I have never for once understood what this lady sings. True she has the Jamaican accent but her songs are nothing to write home about. I watched a show were she was one of the performing artists and before she came on stage, M.I was doing his thing on stage, everyone was singing along with him but when Cynthia Morgan came not even a soul sang along with her. I felt totally sad for her. All she does is to act crazy and that's all.

4. Mr 2kay: Not everyone might know Mr 2kay but his lyrics are too vulgar and meaningless. One thing Nigerian artists should know is that you mustn't use vulgar words to sell your songs. Mr 2kay has a nice voice which I think he isn't utilizing to the maximal level. When I heard 'Who No Like Better Thing' and found out he was the brain behind it, I was amazed beyond doubt. It was just so shocking that such an artist could sing a very dope song. Apart from that, his lyrics are pure crap.

cc fynestboi

Source: www.talk.com.ng/top-4-nigerian-singers-whose-lyrics-are-crap/
Re: Top 4 Nigerian Singers Whose Lyrics Are Crap- TALK NG by arosunshine(m): 10:08am On Sep 14, 2016
Re: Top 4 Nigerian Singers Whose Lyrics Are Crap- TALK NG by mhisbliss(f): 10:18am On Sep 14, 2016
i wonder why psquare never use complete and correct English to sing thier song from a-z, all thier song contains pidgin English

1 Like

Re: Top 4 Nigerian Singers Whose Lyrics Are Crap- TALK NG by EpicMaurice(m): 10:23am On Sep 14, 2016
Op this list is whack, biased. More like your hate list.

Unless you include marvin crew in that list.....its highly f+cked up

1 Like

Re: Top 4 Nigerian Singers Whose Lyrics Are Crap- TALK NG by Ojestas(m): 10:23am On Sep 14, 2016
The OP himself is as whack as his list!
Re: Top 4 Nigerian Singers Whose Lyrics Are Crap- TALK NG by ouzo1(m): 10:24am On Sep 14, 2016
mhisbliss:
i wonder why psquare never use complete and correct English to sing thier song from a-z, all thier song contains pidgin English

Chai u wan kill them?sister english hard o

1 Like

Re: Top 4 Nigerian Singers Whose Lyrics Are Crap- TALK NG by mhisbliss(f): 10:27am On Sep 14, 2016
ouzo1:

Chai u wan kill them?sister english hard o
but am saying the truth, show me one psquare song that doesn't contain any pidgin English or local dialect

1 Like

Re: Top 4 Nigerian Singers Whose Lyrics Are Crap- TALK NG by ouzo1(m): 10:33am On Sep 14, 2016
mhisbliss:
but am saying the truth, show me one psquare song that doesn't contain any pidgin English or local dialect

That's what happens wen u skip classes to learn micheal jackson's dance moves....but God so kind it paid off financially
Re: Top 4 Nigerian Singers Whose Lyrics Are Crap- TALK NG by Ojestas(m): 10:35am On Sep 14, 2016
mhisbliss:
Kúrò lórí è. This your emphasis on English sef !!! Who English Epp?? Yeye !!
Re: Top 4 Nigerian Singers Whose Lyrics Are Crap- TALK NG by Nobody: 11:48am On Sep 14, 2016
mhisbliss:
just give me ONE Nigerian artiste without pidgin in their lyrics.
Re: Top 4 Nigerian Singers Whose Lyrics Are Crap- TALK NG by EpicMaurice(m): 11:57am On Sep 14, 2016
mhisbliss:
are they the only nigerians singing in pidgin
Re: Top 4 Nigerian Singers Whose Lyrics Are Crap- TALK NG by Ojestas(m): 12:16pm On Sep 14, 2016
WindUpMerchant:
Pls, help me ask her.
Re: Top 4 Nigerian Singers Whose Lyrics Are Crap- TALK NG by Kobicove(m): 12:21pm On Sep 14, 2016
sad
Re: Top 4 Nigerian Singers Whose Lyrics Are Crap- TALK NG by mhisbliss(f): 12:48pm On Sep 14, 2016
WindUpMerchant:

You just jump into threads pick a comment and do this without actually reading thd comment you picked, simple comprehension is a hard thing for you, where did i say anything concerning your question, what i said is most Nigerian musicians dont sing without missing pidgin in thier song, they never sing with English from a-z,

Listen to all psquare songs he must use pidgin he never sings with English from a-z
Same with wizkid, dbanj, davido etc

But listen to banky w songs there are some he used English all through like mercy

Listen to 2face songs there are some he used English all through like rainbow

Check out jidenna classic man

If you can't understand this simple explanation, then am afraid i dont have time to waste on you

1 Like

Re: Top 4 Nigerian Singers Whose Lyrics Are Crap- TALK NG by Elnino4ladies: 12:54pm On Sep 14, 2016
WindUpMerchant:
plenty....MI hardly use pidgin...same with jesse jagz, timi dakolo......etc

1 Like

Re: Top 4 Nigerian Singers Whose Lyrics Are Crap- TALK NG by Ojestas(m): 1:24pm On Sep 14, 2016
mhisbliss:

You just jump into threads pick a comment and do this without actually reading thd comment you picked, simple comprehension is a hard thing for you, where did i say anything concerning your question, what i said is most Nigerian musicians dont sing without missing pidgin in thier song, they never sing with English from a-z,

Listen to all psquare songs he must use pidgin he never sings with English from a-z

But listen to banky w songs there are some he used English all through like mercy

If you can't understand this simple explanation, then am afraid i dont have time to waste on you
M sure you studied/study English with all the lame emphasis on Psquare and English. I dunno what you stand to collect on this ISH! Go and listen to forever by Psquare and keep shut!
Re: Top 4 Nigerian Singers Whose Lyrics Are Crap- TALK NG by mhisbliss(f): 1:54pm On Sep 14, 2016
Ojestas:
M sure you studied/study English with all the lame emphasis on Psquare and English. I dunno what you stand to collect on this ISH! Go and listen to forever by Psquare and keep shut!
lol see how you made of fool of yourself listen to forever and you'll also know theres pidgin

Oh baby
Everyday na story
see? You're too smart that you missed that part
Re: Top 4 Nigerian Singers Whose Lyrics Are Crap- TALK NG by Ojestas(m): 1:59pm On Sep 14, 2016
mhisbliss:
lol see how you made of fool of yourself listen to forever and you'll also know theres pidgin

Oh baby
Everyday na story
Swerve , lil girl.
Re: Top 4 Nigerian Singers Whose Lyrics Are Crap- TALK NG by EpicMaurice(m): 2:26pm On Sep 14, 2016
mhisbliss:

what i said is most Nigerian musicians dont sing without missing pidgin in thier song, they never sing with English from a-z,

uhm......sorry but this is what you said cheesy

mhisbliss:

1 Like

Re: Top 4 Nigerian Singers Whose Lyrics Are Crap- TALK NG by mhisbliss(f): 2:37pm On Sep 14, 2016
Ojestas:
Swerve , lil girl.
Swerve after you mentioned me first old man
Re: Top 4 Nigerian Singers Whose Lyrics Are Crap- TALK NG by Nobody: 2:37pm On Sep 14, 2016
lalasticlala where u dey... Lil kesh sha!
Re: Top 4 Nigerian Singers Whose Lyrics Are Crap- TALK NG by docmoses(m): 2:38pm On Sep 14, 2016
Keshi I fall for you ooo
Re: Top 4 Nigerian Singers Whose Lyrics Are Crap- TALK NG by Nobody: 5:25pm On Sep 14, 2016
mhisbliss:

don't die of a heart attack yet.. na simple question. No be ur fault sha, make small rat like you dey misyarn.
Re: Top 4 Nigerian Singers Whose Lyrics Are Crap- TALK NG by Nobody: 5:28pm On Sep 14, 2016
Elnino4ladies:
plenty....MI hardly use pidgin...same with jesse jagz, timi dakolo......etc
well you have a point..but know the usage of pidgin brings acceptability to almost everyone. Dakolo sings classical music..M.I has no street base.
Re: Top 4 Nigerian Singers Whose Lyrics Are Crap- TALK NG by safarigirl(f): 6:34pm On Sep 14, 2016
mhisbliss:

Oh baby
Everyday na story
when they were interviewed by Wendy Williams in 2011 or so, they said they use pidgin as a source of identity. So that when foreigners listen to them, they know they are listening to Africans. It is a form of exportation of a culture

Now, some people like you may still be suffering from neo-colonialism, hence, your flawed ideology that only 'local' artistes use pidgin, but us black people who have been liberated, realise that you must carve out a niche for yourself to separate you from the slave masters and slave descendants

Even Jidenna used pidgin in his song in order to harp on his Africanness....

Now tell me, what has become of the careers of the English speakers? Which foreign label will sign Banky W that is just another The Dream or Ne-Yo wannabe?

How many people outside Africa acknowledge his music and when last was MI or Ice Prince recognised above indigenous artistes like Sarkodie, Phyno and Olamide?

Get with the programme bae...This Is New Africa
Re: Top 4 Nigerian Singers Whose Lyrics Are Crap- TALK NG by mhisbliss(f): 6:49pm On Sep 14, 2016
WindUpMerchant:
don't die of a heart attack yet.. na simple question. No be ur fault sha, make small rat like you dey misyarn.
its obvious the big rat couldn't leave with himself either
Re: Top 4 Nigerian Singers Whose Lyrics Are Crap- TALK NG by mhisbliss(f): 6:54pm On Sep 14, 2016
safarigirl:
when they were interviewed by Wendy Williams in 2011 or so, they said they use pidgin as a source of identity. So that when foreigners listen to them, they know they are listening to Africans. It is a form of exportation of a culture

Now, some people like you may still be suffering from neo-colonialism, hence, your flawed ideology that only 'local' artistes use pidgin, but us black people who have been liberated, realise that you must carve out a niche for yourself to separate you from the slave masters and slave descendants

Even Jidenna used pidgin in his song in order to harp on his Africanness....

Now tell me, what has become of the careers of the English speakers? Which foreign label will sign Banky W that is just another The Dream or Ne-Yo wannabe?

How many people outside Africa acknowledge his music and when last was MI or Ice Prince recognised above indigenous artistes like Sarkodie, Phyno and Olamide?

Get with the programme bae...This Is New Africa

am not arguing that with you i just pointed something i noticed out, why is everybody hell bent on saying something about that, am i not entitled to my opinion anymore, am i lying about my observation? The way everyone is itching to say something about it is amusing haba discuss the topic please not my comment, I've never seen psquare used English throughout in any music thats my opinion keep yours to yourself
Re: Top 4 Nigerian Singers Whose Lyrics Are Crap- TALK NG by Ojestas(m): 12:12am On Sep 15, 2016
So this girl is still here spewing thrash ?

(1) (Reply)

Woman Takes Selfie With Daughter On The Floor / Davido In Tears Celebrate As He Begins His NYSC - Richest Corper / Actress Adunni Ade And Bukunmi Oluwasina Rocks Indian Outfits On Set

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.