Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,863 members, 7,817,549 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:12 PM

The Pr/success Lesson I Learnt From Etisalat-samuel Olatunji (bigsam) - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / The Pr/success Lesson I Learnt From Etisalat-samuel Olatunji (bigsam) (818 Views)

6 Business & Career Growth Secrets I Learnt From Jonah & The Fish / What I Learnt From Leaving My Teaching Job / Mass Sack By Etisalat Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The Pr/success Lesson I Learnt From Etisalat-samuel Olatunji (bigsam) by sonoble: 10:46am On Sep 14, 2016
[img][/img]Like many Nigerians, I have four lines. The most dominant and frequently in used lines are the MTN and Airtel but the one that fascinates me the most is Etisalat. I have learnt a lot of PR, Branding marketing and success lessons from Etisalat more than any of my lines.
[img][/img][img]
I used data plan from Etisalat before I stopped like two or three months ago. After I stopped, every morning I receive two messages from Etisalat reminding me that I do not have sufficient credit to re-subscribe the data plan. I have received another two this morning.

If Etisalat were to be human, and a Nigerian, we would have tagged them ‘hustler’ because of the daily messages.

The telecommunication company keep sending me the messages from Sunday to Monday like a ‘small company’ hustling for ‘small change’. If you do not know how big Etisalat is; you will be forgiven to think the company is one small ‘hustler’ with the way they send these messages.

I have thought about the ‘hustling attitude’ and learnt great lessons from the little unknown company that was the last to come into the telecommunication market but has changed the way marketing communication is done in the industry.

One, keep hustling when you become big like you are still small. The challenge with small-minded people is that, they think they are big when they are actually still small and they stop doing some things that work for them.

Keep asking, keep learning, keep at it and repeat all these actions after you have gotten what you set out to get. Don’t get to the position where you don’t care about that one customer or where you are too big for the things that used to work for you.

Etisalat, despite being a big corporation know that, what ‘brought’ it to the stage of ‘big corporation’ was working hard, hustling on daily basis for that one customer, going after one naira like it is one million.

So it is with brand-building, marketing and success, you need to keep at what is working. You need to be persistent with the actions that gave you the winning edge. It is ploy of the ‘enemies from your village’ (i.e if you are an average Nigerian...lol) to discontinue the winning and working formula.

Be persistent with what is working, it is the secret of those who win consistently.

Samuel Olatunji popularly known as Bigsam is the CEO of www.bbbmediang.com formerly www.bigsammedia.com. He is a member of Nigerian Institute of Public Relations, a PR, Publicity, Brand and Marketing expert. Entertainment enthusiast and media entrepreneur. He has successfully worked on brand and publicity of individuals, corporate and projects like: Young Business Leaders of Nigeria (YBLN), Made in Nigeria Festival (MAIN Festival), Music Meets Runway, Benue Music Festival, Lords of the Ribs Fela on the Broadway, Half of a Yellow Sun (Movie), Wives on Strike (Movie), The Return of Jenifa (Movie), FilmHouse Cinemas, Basketmouth, Omotola, Uche Jombo, Mercy Johnson, Omoni Oboli, and a host of others.

He is on Social Media: FB: www.facebook.com/Samuel Olatunji-Bigsam. Twitter: Samuel Olatunji. Instagram: _samuelolatunji. Email Add: bigsam@bbbmediang.com or sirolatunji@yahoo.co.uk.

(1) (Reply)

Ibadan Electricity Distribution Company (IBEDC) Plc Entry-level & Exp. Job / How To Apply For Brazilian Visa In Nigeria / An Expose On The Skills That Attract Highest Income

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.