Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,972 members, 7,806,814 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 01:55 AM

How Do I Install Php, My Sql To Kit Start My Php Programming Lesson. - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / How Do I Install Php, My Sql To Kit Start My Php Programming Lesson. (3164 Views)

I Need Advanced PHP Programming,ajax And JS Ebooks, Pls!!! / How To Connect Vb.net Windows Application To Php And My Sql Database / Basics Of PHP Programming? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Do I Install Php, My Sql To Kit Start My Php Programming Lesson. by s4: 9:23am On Oct 09, 2009
To all Php Programmers out there. I need someone to help me out with steps i need to install PHP, My Sql on my new system. Pls very urgent.
Re: How Do I Install Php, My Sql To Kit Start My Php Programming Lesson. by Krix: 11:27am On Oct 09, 2009
I'm not dat strong wit php mysql, but i'll recommend you check out these sites;

http://www.php.net/manual/en/  (The complete php manual)
http://dev.mysql.com/tech-resources/articles/ddws/index.html
http://sitepoint.com/books/?bookid=PHPMYSQL02

rgds
Re: How Do I Install Php, My Sql To Kit Start My Php Programming Lesson. by daveemuobo(m): 4:21pm On Oct 09, 2009
Ur best bet is to install WAMP (windows,apache,mysql.php/perl/python).it doesnt need any config.with it,ur pc becomes a full webserver but if u want to host ur own server, (i mean it,not in Nigeria sha) and when u're now perfect,then install php,apache server,mysql separately for more configurations.google for wampserver its approx 15MB.then u can write your php scripts and test then on ur system offline.post problems if u fall into any.its damn easy tho.
Re: How Do I Install Php, My Sql To Kit Start My Php Programming Lesson. by Krix: 4:55pm On Oct 09, 2009
Top of the day to you Dave,

i'm purely into java (JSF, JSP, Servlets) but will like to extend to PHP/mysql and also Ruby on Rails. these 2 technologies are quites lovely, secured, and cheaper (especially php).

pls kindly send me a copy of your wamp server or better still tell me where i can get one for free

best regards
Re: How Do I Install Php, My Sql To Kit Start My Php Programming Lesson. by s4: 5:20pm On Oct 09, 2009
Thanks Dave and Kris, you guys are wonderful.
I downloaded WAMP, installed it but could not log into localhost/myphpadmin page.

You see, before i formated my system, some one helped me install php, apache, and my sql on the system, and anytime i want to work on my sql, i just type localhost/myphpadmin in my browser, off i start working with my sql and creating database, tables becomes as easy as anything.

I have been used to this process. But after installing WAMP, i could not just do this again.
I need help on the installation, I would not mind if Dave can help me out, i can come anywhere, just mention and i will bring my system for your kind help plssssssssssss.

Kris if i had you mail box i can send a copy of WAMP to you. May be you post you maill ad online.
Re: How Do I Install Php, My Sql To Kit Start My Php Programming Lesson. by Krix: 5:30pm On Oct 09, 2009
i cant wait to get a copy

obchris2002@yahoo.com
Re: How Do I Install Php, My Sql To Kit Start My Php Programming Lesson. by s4: 6:02pm On Oct 09, 2009
kris i have send it with a yahoo mail address. it is attached to the mail.
Re: How Do I Install Php, My Sql To Kit Start My Php Programming Lesson. by Nobody: 8:48pm On Oct 11, 2009
pls send it to me too coonlay47@yahoo.co.uk
pls!
Re: How Do I Install Php, My Sql To Kit Start My Php Programming Lesson. by Nobody: 10:41am On Oct 12, 2009
uninstall all wamp and then delete mysql folder your password might be there.then reinstall on clean state.then in php.ini enable error to display all.but if you.re using wamp just right click and select it.actually i did the manual process no wamp.that way you.ll be in full control then use a password for mysql and it shud work wit my phpadmin.[color=][/color]
Re: How Do I Install Php, My Sql To Kit Start My Php Programming Lesson. by s4: 12:17pm On Oct 12, 2009
@pc guru, Thanks for the contribution. I have uninstalled it a couple of time and reinstalled it. same still happens. Can you help out. My Number is 08034241694, I will appreciate if you can assist out. Pls if you are online and see this pls call my number . I shall be expecting. Thanks a lot.
Re: How Do I Install Php, My Sql To Kit Start My Php Programming Lesson. by Nobody: 12:46pm On Oct 12, 2009
Okay first i need to know the error your phpmyadmin shows but first enter the phpmyadmin and look for a file inside lib not sure but it's called config inc default.php now look for a line that contains "http","session","cookies" sessions should be used.There you will see user name and password change them to your sql password.Pls tell me what your phpmyadmin error says i too experienced problems but fixed them.
Re: How Do I Install Php, My Sql To Kit Start My Php Programming Lesson. by s4: 1:18pm On Oct 12, 2009
@pc guru, pls i look all over i cant get it done. Hope you be able to help me personally. I need to start learning fast.
Re: How Do I Install Php, My Sql To Kit Start My Php Programming Lesson. by s4: 1:21pm On Oct 12, 2009
The error on the php admin is

Not Found
The requested URL /phpmyadmin/ was not found on this server.

Apache/1.3.26 Server at www.scube-solution.com Port 80
Re: How Do I Install Php, My Sql To Kit Start My Php Programming Lesson. by Nobody: 3:45pm On Oct 12, 2009
It's no big deal don't get discouraged cuz there's gonna be plenty time when you'll get frustrated esp with php connection to mysql database.Now copy the phpmyadmin folder into the root of your server site root.For wamp it should be www folder.Are you sure you webserver works test it by typing localhost in your browser it should show something
Re: How Do I Install Php, My Sql To Kit Start My Php Programming Lesson. by s4: 7:48pm On Oct 12, 2009
yes phpmyadmin is in the root folder (www). when i typed localhost in my browser this message showed:

If you can see this, it means that the installation of the Apache web server software on this system was successful. You may now add content to this directory and replace this page.
Seeing this instead of the website you expected?

This page is here because the site administrator has changed the configuration of this web server. Please contact the person responsible for maintaining this server with questions. The Apache Software Foundation, which wrote the web server software this site administrator is using, has nothing to do with maintaining this site and cannot help resolve configuration issues.

The Apache documentation has been included with this distribution.

You are free to use the image below on an Apache-powered web server. Thanks for using Apache!

Please read through is it supose to show this message.
Re: How Do I Install Php, My Sql To Kit Start My Php Programming Lesson. by Nobody: 9:16pm On Oct 12, 2009
Good look for a file inside phpmyadmin thats like config inc php.Insert your username and password in some line.Use your search to locate them then you'll come across something like http cookies session use session.Where do you stay.
Re: How Do I Install Php, My Sql To Kit Start My Php Programming Lesson. by chocoLove(f): 11:34am On Oct 13, 2009
here is a video on how to instal ALL-IN-ONE

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-rKDhZJignU&feature=fvw

p.s, i'm a WEBDESIGNER.
Re: How Do I Install Php, My Sql To Kit Start My Php Programming Lesson. by s4: 7:08pm On Oct 13, 2009
Please all, i seems not to be able to configure this thing right. i have tried my very best. some one please help me out. I need this thing working. If anybody can help, i will bring my Laptop for the configuration, even if it needs me to pay something, i dont mind. Plsease call me My number is 08034241694. Thanks all for your contributions. I really appreciate but i am getting no where. Plsssss help.
Re: How Do I Install Php, My Sql To Kit Start My Php Programming Lesson. by Nobody: 7:25pm On Oct 13, 2009
Where do you live i could just manually copy my apache and php folder into yours.And i've got mysql administration configuration the gui aspect and phpmyadmin.Forgot about money.We exist in life to help each other.But my only problem i kinda paranoid so i've make sure this is for real.
Re: How Do I Install Php, My Sql To Kit Start My Php Programming Lesson. by sweetpawn2: 1:01am On Oct 14, 2009
I had this kinda problem with wamp server too.
It means that the installation was not properly done.
This could be caused by a conflicting software like an anti virus or firewall thats preventing full installation. Deactivate these and try installing again.
Re: How Do I Install Php, My Sql To Kit Start My Php Programming Lesson. by s4: 11:40am On Oct 14, 2009
@pc guru, i stay in Lagos, Ejigbo to be precise. Where do you stay. Maybe we just agree a place to meet up. You can call my number or give me you. Thanks for the effort. I really appreciate.
Re: How Do I Install Php, My Sql To Kit Start My Php Programming Lesson. by chocoLove(f): 12:00pm On Oct 14, 2009
s4:

@pc guru, i stay in Lagos, Ejigbo to be precise. Where do you stay. Maybe we just agree a place to meet up. You can call my number or give me you. Thanks for the effort. I really appreciate.

good luck
Re: How Do I Install Php, My Sql To Kit Start My Php Programming Lesson. by s4: 3:23pm On Oct 14, 2009
@chocoLove. I appreciate you link, only it took quite a long time but could not download to view the file.
I need this installation badly to start learning so i can be as active as you my LEARNED FELLOWS.
I will also appreciate your efforts.
Re: How Do I Install Php, My Sql To Kit Start My Php Programming Lesson. by chocoLove(f): 3:27pm On Oct 14, 2009
ok i will tell you how from here, are you ready to hear ?
Re: How Do I Install Php, My Sql To Kit Start My Php Programming Lesson. by Nobody: 3:43pm On Oct 14, 2009
@s4 ejigbo wow that's far i stay at gbagada ifako.Do you work close to anthony or oshodi.Except you don't mind poppin around ma hood.Or somewhere closer.
Re: How Do I Install Php, My Sql To Kit Start My Php Programming Lesson. by Nobody: 3:44pm On Oct 14, 2009
@s4 ejigbo wow that's far i stay at gbagada ifako.Do you work close to anthony or oshodi.Except you don't mind poppin around ma hood.Or somewhere closer.
Re: How Do I Install Php, My Sql To Kit Start My Php Programming Lesson. by Nobody: 3:46pm On Oct 14, 2009
@chocolove are good at content management sys in php need some directions there
Re: How Do I Install Php, My Sql To Kit Start My Php Programming Lesson. by chocoLove(f): 3:51pm On Oct 14, 2009
if i being a lady was able to setup a mysql-php-Apache, so do the poster. he need some help and he will do just fine, just trying to help my fellow bro in christ, wink
Re: How Do I Install Php, My Sql To Kit Start My Php Programming Lesson. by Nobody: 4:42pm On Oct 14, 2009
@chocolove ha don't talk like that most of the stuff i learnt are from girls though most tend to give up fast but intellectuality is no respecter of sex.By the way female or male makes no diff to me just what the person has to bring on the table there's a 9 boy in my aptech class doing Adse with me.What do you want me to say.Chocolove later girl
Re: How Do I Install Php, My Sql To Kit Start My Php Programming Lesson. by chocoLove(f): 4:53pm On Oct 14, 2009
pc guru:

@chocolove ha don't talk like that most of the stuff i learnt are from girls though most tend to give up fast but intellectuality is no respecter of sex.By the way female or male makes no diff to me just what the person has to bring on the table there's a 9 boy in my aptech class doing Adse with me.What do you want me to say.Chocolove later girl

later girl?, never underestimate someone, i know something myself ok?so if you don't know me dont try to pull my spirit down. i was trying to help. cry
Re: How Do I Install Php, My Sql To Kit Start My Php Programming Lesson. by McGURU: 12:14am On Oct 15, 2009
Now it starts .
We begin to go off topic.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Nigerian Students Software Competition (nisscom) / Flexbean: Netbeans Free Alternative To Flexbuilder In 10 Easy Steps! / Networking Vb Applications

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.