Stats: 3,162,703 members, 7,851,394 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 06:28 PM

From $15 To $200: My Heart Warming Story With An Advertiser! - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / From $15 To $200: My Heart Warming Story With An Advertiser! (515 Views)

Sponsored Facebook Advertiser Needed For Serious Business / Earn Up To $200 Per Week / Can I Use 'UBA AFRICARD' To Make Payment For My Facebook Advertiser's Account? (2) (3) (4)

From $15 To $200: My Heart Warming Story With An Advertiser! by MaverickExcel1(m): 12:19pm On Sep 14, 2016
#MaverickStory

Where do I start from?

OK here.

About a year ago, August 2015 precisely, an advertiser contacted me to submit a sponsored post/link to my blog.

I was nervous and excited. It was the first time an advertiser took notice of my blog.. Lol

That was actually five months into blogging.

That time anyone could place a sponsored post on my blog for 1 kobo...lol...na money na...he he he

So I sheepishly requested for $50 ( that was #10,000 under Uncle Joe's regime)...for my mind, na big money be that that time o

He agreed to pay $15!

What? $15?
"Oga bring the money, sharp sharp"

I was excited. Then, earning $15 for a sponsored post was a big deal.

Of course, I agreed to take $15.

After that, he contacted me with some flimsy excuses, saying my domain authority was low...bla bla bla.
Yeah he was right.

I was just a JJC (Johnny just come) to blogging.

Fast forward to this morning.

I opened my email this morning!
Bingo!

Two advertisers knocking on my inbox.

I hurried to open the one I've had conversation with in the past.

It was my dear $15-sponsored-post-friend.

I smiled. I had a tear run down my surprised face.
Everything has changed so fast.

The message was: "Hello, You are still there. I am looking blog post link on your site."

Of course, I'm here to stay! I will just get better and bigger everyday.

I quickly sent him a reply: "yes I'm still here. I charge $200 for sponsored post/ now."

I'm not trying to prove anything to him. I just want to remind him that I'm not where I used to be 13 months ago.

Let me briefly talk to you reading this post.
Brother. Sister.

Forget about what people are saying about you now.
Don't worry about the enemies, fake friends, nay sayers and even the competition.

Just keep working on yourself.

Keep increasing your value. Don't force people to be your friend or client.

Just focus on becoming better everyday.

Stop worrying about those who are having it all figured out now.

Work on yourself! Your brand and your value.

Don't listen to those who say you can't do it.

Tell them, "watch me"

Keep doing your thing

And even more importantly, never settle for less.
No matter how crazy your dreams are, they are valid!

I hope you are pumped up this morning.

Have a great day.

P.S: Apply for my online course: 30 Days to start a successful and profitable blog. Details on my blog or inbox me
Re: From $15 To $200: My Heart Warming Story With An Advertiser! by MaverickExcel1(m): 12:22pm On Sep 14, 2016
Complete picture of our conversation

Re: From $15 To $200: My Heart Warming Story With An Advertiser! by Calismart(m): 12:32pm On Sep 14, 2016
wow...nice one
Re: From $15 To $200: My Heart Warming Story With An Advertiser! by ringohostdotcom: 4:09pm On Sep 14, 2016
Congratulations, for sure hard work pays.

I hope you don't update this thread with something like "gobe he said he can pay $50" lol just kidding.

Re: From $15 To $200: My Heart Warming Story With An Advertiser! by Nobody: 1:07am On Sep 15, 2016
Nice one. I wished I could share mine here.

I Would Design Your Website For You. Any Type Of Website For Chikini Money / I Need A Good Foreign Cheap VPS Host / Start earning Fiverr dollars: 4in1 design course