Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,202 members, 7,829,300 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 12:59 AM

Yar’adua May Decide Anambra Pdp Gov Candidate - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Yar’adua May Decide Anambra Pdp Gov Candidate (2692 Views)

Anambra PDP Senators Sacked By Supreme Court / Dismissed Anambra PDP Senator Ekwunife Seeks Nomination From APC! / Breaking News: Apc Picks James Faleke As Kogi Dep Gov Candidate For Kogi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Yar’adua May Decide Anambra Pdp Gov Candidate by okeey(m): 9:44am On Oct 09, 2009
PRESIDENT Umaru Yar’Ádua is expected to decide who the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) will present to the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) today as the candidate for the Anambra State governorship election in February.

Nigerian Tribune learnt in Abuja, on Thursday, that a meeting of the national leadership of the party and other stakeholders had been scheduled for Thursday night to deliberate and approve a candidate in view of the attempt by litigants to scuttle the state primaries.

An Aguata high court had restrained the party from conducting the primaries to elect its governorship candidate for the election, following an ex parte motion brought before it by one Probity Adibe, but on Thursday, when the PDP hoped to vacate the order, the situation was compounded by more legal issues as more members instituted other cases against the conduct of the primaries.

The party is now at a crossroad because of its inability to vacate the restraining order, even as it must meet up with the deadline set by INEC for the submission of governorship candidate by political parties which expires today.

The president was said to have stepped into the matter to ensure that an acceptable candidate emerges today, following the inability of the 47 aspirants to produce a consensus candidate.

Meanwhile, the PDP has now summoned a meeting of its stakeholders in Anambra State at its national secretariat, by 10.00 a.m today, to ratify the choice of the president as the consensus candidate of the party.

http://www.tribune.com.ng/09102009/news/news14.html
Re: Yar’adua May Decide Anambra Pdp Gov Candidate by mahal(m): 12:29pm On Oct 09, 2009
PDP, YarAdua, Anambra State, The Uba Family, Bad news!!!!

Does anyone know the time for the Mozambique / Nigeria match?
Re: Yar’adua May Decide Anambra Pdp Gov Candidate by Kobojunkie: 12:31pm On Oct 09, 2009
OH Boy!!!! Once again, we have some Nigeria cowards people are choosing to play the VICTIM card rather than go out and stand up to make sure things go according to their will.
Re: Yar’adua May Decide Anambra Pdp Gov Candidate by McDoe(m): 12:35pm On Oct 09, 2009
He may likely pick on Mr. Consolidation.
Re: Yar’adua May Decide Anambra Pdp Gov Candidate by KnowAll(m): 12:49pm On Oct 09, 2009
When u have 42 people who are contesting for one position in the same party what does that tell u, it simply means Nigerians generally have seen that the other existing political parties are a bunch of no hopers.

Invariably by pruning the candidacy to just one person, and to safe face these disenfranchised PDP candidates will probably create a proliferation of political parties.

Anambra state should be prepared to embrace an avalanche of 42 parties in the weeks and months to come.
Re: Yar’adua May Decide Anambra Pdp Gov Candidate by koolchicco: 1:04pm On Oct 09, 2009
mahal:

PDP, YarAdua, Anambra State, The Uba Family, Bad news!!!!

Does anyone know the time for the Mozambique / Nigeria match?

Does it bother u?Abeg 4get about those "Plasas" 4 now.Worst news!!!
Re: Yar’adua May Decide Anambra Pdp Gov Candidate by MrCrackles(m): 1:09pm On Oct 09, 2009
Why this is Ya'R'Adua's business i dont know. . .
But i guess, that is the norm in the Nigerian political terrain. . . .
Re: Yar’adua May Decide Anambra Pdp Gov Candidate by citizenY(m): 1:16pm On Oct 09, 2009
PDP HAS TRIUMPHED AGAIN. THEY HAVE SHORTCHANGED ALL THE OTHER CANDIDATES
IN THE ANAMBRA GUBERNATORIAL PRIMARIES.THEY HAVE DELIBERATELY TAKEN THIS
CONTEST TO THE WIRE AND THEY WILL BRING THEIR GENIE OUT OF THE BOTTLE-
AND MOST PROBABLY, IT WILL BE CHARLIE SOLUDO.

THE ASSUMPTION THAT GETTING THE PDP TICKET  GIVES A DIRECT TICKET TO GOVERNMENT
HOUSE HAS FAILED, INTERNAL DEMOCRACY HAS FAILED. THESE CANDIDATES WILL NOW
DISPERSE AND POLLUTE THE OTHER PARTIES.

I AM GLAD APGA AND AC HAVE CLOSED THE GATES AS OBI AND NGIGE ARE THEIR CANDIDATES.

PDP WILL IMPLODE AND IT IS SELF INFLICTED.
Re: Yar’adua May Decide Anambra Pdp Gov Candidate by asha80(m): 1:19pm On Oct 09, 2009
citizenY:

PDP HAS TRIUMPHED AGAIN. THEY HAVE SHORTCHANGED ALL THE OTHER CANDIDATES
IN THE ANAMBRA GUBERNATORIAL PRIMARIES.THEY HAVE DELIBERATELY TAKEN THIS
CONTEST TO THE WIRE AND THEY WILL BRING THEIR GENIE OUT OF THE BOTTLE-
AND MOST PROBABLY, IT WILL BE CHARLIE SOLUDO.

THE ASSUMPTION THAT GETTING THE PDP TICKET GIVES A DIRECT TICKET TO GOVERNMENT
HOUSE HAS FAILED, INTERNAL DEMOCRACY HAS FAILED. THESE CANDIDATES WILL NOW
DISPERSE AND POLLUTE THE OTHER PARTIES.

I AM GLAD[b] APGA[/b] AND AC HAVE CLOSED THE GATES AS OBI[b][/b] AND NGIGE ARE THEIR CANDIDATES.

PDP WILL IMPLODE AND IT IS SELF INFLICTED.

I thought Chekwas Okorie is now the apga chairman?How come Obi is now the apga candidate knowing the hostility between the two?
Re: Yar’adua May Decide Anambra Pdp Gov Candidate by Alxmyr(m): 1:21pm On Oct 09, 2009
PDP will never stop to surprise me. Upon all the rule of law, internal demon-crazy, and electoral reform, They remain the greatest culprit,
Re: Yar’adua May Decide Anambra Pdp Gov Candidate by otukpo(f): 1:28pm On Oct 09, 2009
i just dey laugh at Anambra PDP. I wish they will never agree on a candidate so that they other parties will take advantage of their crisis.
Re: Yar’adua May Decide Anambra Pdp Gov Candidate by KnowAll(m): 1:30pm On Oct 09, 2009

There use to be a song when I was young in yoruba and it goes like these " ma gbe keke lo awa oh bi eh sere moh " what it literally means is that take your bikes away we the pdp have found better things to play with we dont need your bkes anymore.

I think it is an igenious way of making money by the PDP machinery they collected huge sums of money for the forms only to choose one candidate at the end of the day. Another masterstroke for Yardull who says he is dull  undecided
Re: Yar’adua May Decide Anambra Pdp Gov Candidate by sherrylo: 2:34pm On Oct 09, 2009
Yaradua? decide Anambra pdp gov candidate? then he will just pick Chukuma.
Re: Yar’adua May Decide Anambra Pdp Gov Candidate by temmytanny(m): 2:49pm On Oct 09, 2009
asha 80:

I thought Chekwas Okorie is now the apga chairman?How come Obi is now the apga candidate knowing the hostility between the two?

chekwas is the BAD BELLE OF APGA .na UMEH be the Guy and thats where OBI belongs
Re: Yar’adua May Decide Anambra Pdp Gov Candidate by obiem(m): 3:00pm On Oct 09, 2009
All the favourites - Chukwuma Soludo, Annie Okonkwo and co will be shell shocked at the end of the day. Remember the melodrama of the election/nomination for the position of national chairman of the PDP? Ogbulafor surfaced as FG's choice @ the last minute when the heat was on between Anyim Pius Anyim and his kinsman, Sam Egwu. The situation in Anambra is highly tensed so i forsee a similar action carried out by Yar' Adua before repeating itself again. A more or lesser known person will emerge as PDP's choice giving the likes of AC, PPA and even the incumbent, APGA a very likely victory!

PDP has crumbled! It'll continue to,
Re: Yar’adua May Decide Anambra Pdp Gov Candidate by asha80(m): 3:06pm On Oct 09, 2009
temmytanny:

chekwas is the BAD BELLE OF APGA .na UMEH be the Guy and thats where OBI belongs

I know this but has the convention been done to pick the apga form?
Re: Yar’adua May Decide Anambra Pdp Gov Candidate by OvieE: 3:16pm On Oct 09, 2009
Nigeria politics, ha God forbid. Why will Yar'adua choose for pdp. What happen do the work called democracy where the citizens choose who to face the other parties opponent. That suppose to Anabrians jobs to choose one among the 42 that representing pdp face the person that will come from other parties.
Re: Yar’adua May Decide Anambra Pdp Gov Candidate by Gbawe: 4:10pm On Oct 09, 2009
MrCrackles:

I am no fan of Yar Adua or indeed the PDP but Mr President and the PDP have done no wrong here. Folks who have been following this saga will have noted that The PDP tried to hold Primaries in Anambra to facilitate the emergence of a Guber candidate. Andy Uba realised he was about to be squeezed out for good in favour of Soludo. He got the Courts to forbid the PDP from proceeding with its Anambra Primaries pending the conclusion of outstanding pertinent Court cases. According to INEC rules , the PDP must name a candidate today. Uba must have calculated that if Primaries cannot hold , the PDP will announce him as their candidate rather than forfeit Anambra entirely.

He thought wrong. Yar Adua is vengeful and he will not like how Uba is attempting to hold him and the entire PDP to ransom. Anenih is now Yar Adua's "Mr. Fix-it" . We can therefore assume that Anenih's backing of Soludo is Yar Adua's endorsement also . Our President will now , more than ever , be resolute that a PDP candidate ,other than Andy Uba, must still be produced today. If Primaries cannot be held to produce a candidate then the Party must choose a consensus candidate after consultation with all stakeholders. That is the nearest thing to the democratic emergence of a PDP Guber candidate in this case.

Yar Adua , as a PDP President , is naturally deemed the leader of the PDP . He must therefore have an input in the emergence of a consensus candidate .
Re: Yar’adua May Decide Anambra Pdp Gov Candidate by Gbawe: 5:37pm On Oct 09, 2009
OvieE:

Nigeria politics, ha God forbid. Why will Yar'adua choose for pdp. What happen do the work called democracy where the citizens choose who to face the other parties opponent. That suppose to Anabrians jobs to choose one among the 42 that representing pdp face the person that will come from other parties.

I am afaid it is not. Every Party will choose its own candidate through their internal Proccess. After that It will then be the turn of the people of Anambra to vote in the Gubernatorial candidate of their choice from all those presented by the various political parties.
Re: Yar’adua May Decide Anambra Pdp Gov Candidate by citizenY(m): 5:41pm On Oct 09, 2009
It is about 5.40 now, does any Nairalander have any latest from the courts pr PDP?
Re: Yar’adua May Decide Anambra Pdp Gov Candidate by floriana(m): 5:49pm On Oct 09, 2009
yaradua will choose a dead duck like himself or a corrupt godfather like Ibori for anambra, home for all absurdities.
Re: Yar’adua May Decide Anambra Pdp Gov Candidate by Nobody: 6:07pm On Oct 09, 2009
Yar adua is about to thread obasanjo's path of imposition.After all obasanjo imposed yar adua on us.This is another episode of rigging.Soludo will be forced on Anambra indegenes
Re: Yar’adua May Decide Anambra Pdp Gov Candidate by Kobojunkie: 6:10pm On Oct 09, 2009
toba:

Yar adua is about to thread obasanjo's path of imposition.After all obasanjo imposed yar adua on us.This is another episode of rigging.Soludo will be forced on Anambra indegenes

Roflmao!!!! I knew it. Come 2012, we are likely to hear people make Yar adua into some UNTOUCHABLE god and mastermind. Roflmao!!!

Nigerians never fail to amuse!! roflmao!!! grin cheesy cheesy
Re: Yar’adua May Decide Anambra Pdp Gov Candidate by ikeyman00(m): 6:12pm On Oct 09, 2009
^^^

how come every thread that got issues with igbos intrigues your  monkey ass

while u maintain blind eyes whenever becomrich surface

shocked shocked shocked

YOU are quite aggressive?? arent ya ehh

are u really roflmao
Re: Yar’adua May Decide Anambra Pdp Gov Candidate by banom(m): 6:24pm On Oct 09, 2009
ikeyman00:

^^^

how come every thread that got issues with igbos intrigues your  monkey ass

while u maintain blind eyes whenever becomrich surface

shocked shocked shocked

we are quite aggressive?? arent ya ehh

are u really roflmao

U dey mind the fool ?
Re: Yar’adua May Decide Anambra Pdp Gov Candidate by Myluv1: 6:47pm On Oct 09, 2009
@Topic: As I saw the caption which does not include the Yar'adua's first name, my ever-wandering mind raced to TURAI.
Is he surely in a healthy state to withstand all the pressures, and then DECIDE ,  We are Waiting, but the last person I'll want there is Sen. Annie, ,(can't tell all the reasons now though)
Re: Yar’adua May Decide Anambra Pdp Gov Candidate by ZUBBYNWA(m): 7:51pm On Oct 09, 2009
yae'dua wel dey decude candiate he well, una no go leave this man untill he shocked cool tongue cry
Re: Yar’adua May Decide Anambra Pdp Gov Candidate by Kobojunkie: 8:07pm On Oct 09, 2009
ZUBBYNWA:

yae'dua wel dey decude candiate he well, una no go leave this man untill he shocked cool tongue cry

No be Nigeria we dey talk of again??
Re: Yar’adua May Decide Anambra Pdp Gov Candidate by fekwenugo2: 8:13pm On Oct 09, 2009
Breaking news///PDP fails to agree on a candidate, fills in Alex Ekwueme as interim candidate.
Re: Yar’adua May Decide Anambra Pdp Gov Candidate by koolchicco: 8:19pm On Oct 09, 2009
fekwenugo2:

Breaking news///PDP fails to agree on a candidate, fills in Alex Ekwueme as interim candidate.

Sheey u don carry fake news enter?OK give us back up link na.
Re: Yar’adua May Decide Anambra Pdp Gov Candidate by fekwenugo2: 8:36pm On Oct 09, 2009
koolchicco:

Sheey u don carry fake news enter?OK give us back up link na.

I hv more important tins 2 do dan to carry fake news,
My Dad is a founding member of pdp, though am nt proud.and i just spoke 2 him.
let me knw wen u confirm d story.
Re: Yar’adua May Decide Anambra Pdp Gov Candidate by sjeezy8: 8:49pm On Oct 09, 2009
toba:

Wasnt obasanjo imposed on Nigerians?

Isnt everyone from the pdp imposed on indignes everywhere,what's new?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Nigerians Watch Out, Northerners May Kill Goodluck Jonathan If Yaradua Dies. / GEJ & Sambo To Spend N992.57M On Food Next Year / Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala & Sahara Reporters: Phone Recording

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.