Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,012 members, 7,817,984 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:38 AM

Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala & Sahara Reporters: Phone Recording - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala & Sahara Reporters: Phone Recording (2686 Views)

DSS Agents Stole Saraki's Money - Sahara Reporters / Abubakar Audu Is Dead - Sahara Reporters / Adeola Of Sahara Reporters And President Buhari Take A Photo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala & Sahara Reporters: Phone Recording by peckhamboi: 1:41pm On Jan 05, 2012
Ngozi Okonjo Iweala Caught lying on Phone Tap

[flash=345,345]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aACh9l95nkA[/flash]
Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala & Sahara Reporters: Phone Recording by 9ijaMan: 1:46pm On Jan 05, 2012
She should have conversed with and taken advice from Beaf before picking the phone, !
Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala & Sahara Reporters: Phone Recording by peckhamboi: 2:10pm On Jan 05, 2012
9ijaMan:

She should have conversed with and taken advice from Beaf before picking the phone, !

Probably
Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala & Sahara Reporters: Phone Recording by supoade: 3:15pm On Jan 05, 2012
If she could Lie over the phone on common Hello, I cannot hear you! less than 6 words

why should we believe her on subsidy removal SURE programme " Long grammar explainations ?
Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala & Sahara Reporters: Phone Recording by jaybee3(m): 3:17pm On Jan 05, 2012
ROFLMAO
How dumb
Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala & Sahara Reporters: Phone Recording by manny4life(m): 4:08pm On Jan 05, 2012
FOOLISH AND DUMBĀ  angry angry angry angry
Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala & Sahara Reporters: Phone Recording by Pharoh: 5:15pm On Jan 05, 2012
Hmm
Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala & Sahara Reporters: Phone Recording by NegroNtns(m): 7:12pm On Jan 05, 2012
The press should not have an unlimited and un-gated access to any cabinet minister in any regime. Saharareporters' call should have gone through the secretary or her adviser on public relations.
Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala & Sahara Reporters: Phone Recording by CyberG: 9:36pm On Jan 05, 2012
Negro_Ntns:

The press should not have an unlimited and un-gated access to any cabinet minister in any regime. Saharareporters' call should have gone through the secretary or her adviser on public relations.

^ I guess you were being sarcastic about that? So, if you (the people) hired someone on your (their) own money, you (they) still should not have unfettered access to him after being hired to work for you (them)?
Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala & Sahara Reporters: Phone Recording by teaf: 9:45pm On Jan 05, 2012
Aunty Ngo fumbled o. Why now. She mess.ed up big time. She should have called bro Beaf nah.
He just finished printing a 6 page book which we are giving the presido tonight.
The book is titled: Professional Lying for Idi0ts. And its free for all PDP members.
Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala & Sahara Reporters: Phone Recording by Nobody: 9:49pm On Jan 05, 2012
I seriously dont believe this shoit shocked

Is this a prank? Just two ppl calling each other and taping it? undecided

PS: I like this her picture. The WWW should get rid of her ugly azz ugly head wrapper picture that has infested the internet.
Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala & Sahara Reporters: Phone Recording by violent(m): 10:00pm On Jan 05, 2012
CyberG:

^ I guess you were being sarcastic about that? So, if you (the people) hired someone on your (their) own money, you (they) still should not have unfettered access to him after being hired to work for you (them)?

The ministerial seat is not a political position, so technically, ministers are not hired by "the people". . . . plus i think it is wrong to record phone conversations without the other party being aware you are doing so, in some countries, it's actually illegal.

Additionally, it cannot be established that the minister actually lied, it will be a bit foolish to make such assertions based on the evidence at hand except if no one here has actually experienced a situation where due to network problems the other party on the call is unable to hear you properly.
Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala & Sahara Reporters: Phone Recording by CyberG: 11:31pm On Jan 05, 2012
violent:

The ministerial seat is not a political position, so technically, ministers are not hired by "the people". . . . plus i think it is wrong to record phone conversations without the other party being aware you are doing so, in some countries, it's actually illegal.

Additionally, it cannot be established that the minister actually lied, it will be a bit foolish to make such assertions based on the evidence at hand except if no one here has actually experienced a situation where due to network problems the other party on the call is unable to hear you properly.

If the president is "hired" by the people and sworn to office according to the constitution and in turn also "hires" the ministers and swears them to cabinet after being cleared by the senate, do you mean they still are not responsible to the people? I understand the indirection you are trying to point out and while I know that given Nigeria's politics, this commentary is pedantic and bears no semblance to the reality of governance in Nigeria, the ministers are there to serve the people!

Recording or not recording does not change the culture of lies and dishonestly in Nigerian leadership anyways.
Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala & Sahara Reporters: Phone Recording by realchange: 11:54pm On Jan 05, 2012
nigerians are really dumb. i am more offended that some goons are harassing an innocent women with spam phone calls. do you harass officials like that in your places of residence outside Nigeria? dumb citizens
Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala & Sahara Reporters: Phone Recording by dayokanu(m): 12:11am On Jan 06, 2012
violent:

The ministerial seat is not a political position, so technically, ministers are not hired by "the people". . . .

I think since the salary the she is paid is from taxpayers(the people)
Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala & Sahara Reporters: Phone Recording by CyberG: 12:23am On Jan 06, 2012
^ Very good angle to look at it!
Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala & Sahara Reporters: Phone Recording by manny4life(m): 12:32am On Jan 06, 2012
CyberG:

^ Very good angle to look at it!

Still doesn't change that her position ISN'T a political position but an appointed one. She wasn't elected as an officer, she was appointed. Should we now say because our taxpayers money go to the judicial system that pays judges, we should go to court and insult a judge? Better yet, should go and challenge them when they refuse or deny a case? believe in all systems, there's rules and protocol, process and procedures to address certain people. Technically, you have better unfettered access to "elected officials" than appointed officers because they are not answerable to you but those who appointed them as opposed to an elected official who is answerable to the people.
Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala & Sahara Reporters: Phone Recording by idmanzik: 1:42am On Jan 06, 2012
I may be wrong though, but i think Sahara Reporters just goofed.

She said "I can't hear who it is" not that she can't hear the caller.

Example:

Caller: This is Goodluck Jonathan, can you hear me?

Reciever: No, i can't hear who it is

Analysis: I can hear the caller but i didn't get the name of the caller.

Simple as ABC,

Abeg o, i may be wrong with my stand o.
Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala & Sahara Reporters: Phone Recording by gists: 2:42am On Jan 06, 2012
i am not a fan of madam Ngozi, but it is very silly to conclude she lied. We all know the QoS is terrible from all of our network providers. Let the sahara reporter tell us if he has not experience the same in Nigeria. This is just very silly
Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala & Sahara Reporters: Phone Recording by Nobody: 4:11am On Jan 06, 2012
So even money cannot buy proper pure-water service? undecided
Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala & Sahara Reporters: Phone Recording by Rad1cal: 4:29am On Jan 06, 2012
You all wankiing here are plain dumb .

Una no get better job
Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala & Sahara Reporters: Phone Recording by Nobody: 6:18am On Jan 06, 2012
For us with slow connection unable to watch the vid what happened?
Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala & Sahara Reporters: Phone Recording by EkoIle1: 6:26am On Jan 06, 2012
manny4life:

Still doesn't change that her position ISN'T a political position but an appointed one. She wasn't elected as an officer, she was appointed. Should we now say because our taxpayers money go to the judicial system that pays judges, we should go to court and insult a judge? Better yet, should go and challenge them when they refuse or deny a case? believe in all systems, there's rules and protocol, process and procedures to address certain people. Technically, you have better unfettered access to "elected officials" than appointed officers because they are not answerable to you but those who appointed them as opposed to an elected official who is answerable to the people.

So, is GEJ paying her salary out of his pocket or she's getting paid by the people of Nigeria?
Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala & Sahara Reporters: Phone Recording by EkoIle1: 6:30am On Jan 06, 2012
realchange:

nigerians are really dumb. i am more offended that some goons are harassing an innocent women with spam phone calls. do you harass officials like that in your places of residence outside Nigeria? dumb citizens

Koch LovePeddler: Wisconsin Gov. Scott Walker

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WBnSv3a6Nh4

So many Nigerians are very weak and naive, you bestow too much power and prestige to your corrupt, incompetent and worthless leaders and that's why they walk all over you all the time. You think they are God and unaccountable to you the people they are serving.
Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala & Sahara Reporters: Phone Recording by EkoIle1: 6:32am On Jan 06, 2012
Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala & Sahara Reporters: Phone Recording by Pukkah: 7:24am On Jan 06, 2012
violent:

There is no technicality here. Public servants (ministers, commissioners, INEC Chairman, Inspector General of Police, CBN Governor, etc) are all people's employees (or servants of the public) which is why the public can even call for their removal. In fact, they are easier to remove because it is the directly elected servants that appoint them as 'appointees'.

And of course the ministerial seat is a political position although the occupier is appointed and not elected.
Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala & Sahara Reporters: Phone Recording by Lasinoh: 8:09am On Jan 06, 2012
Typical Igbo woman! Kei!
No matter the education, Mgbeke must be Mgbeke!
Poor communication plus Igbotic hignsense! grin

Even if na made in Okrika phone she get!

Mu Che Che Che Che Che!

3 times in a row? cheesy

Dem go soon disgrace am out of office like dem do her Igbo sisters Dora and Ndidi!
Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala & Sahara Reporters: Phone Recording by JamesDoe: 8:58am On Jan 06, 2012
NOI was not in Nigeria this week, according to reports she was overseas and that's why she wasn't at the FEC meeting. Sahara Reporters could have been calling her USA number.

It is possible that she is not lying or too smart to be caught by such methods but given the wayo she and FG has played Nigerians I will give Sahara Reporters the benefit of the doubt.
Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala & Sahara Reporters: Phone Recording by DeepSight(m): 9:45am On Jan 06, 2012
manny4life:

Still doesn't change that her position ISN'T a political position but an appointed one.

It is not an elective political position, but it is and remains still an appointive political position.

At all events, most critically, she is a public officer - paid to serve the interests of the public.

Your analogy with the judiciary is way off. The judicial establishment has its specific role and its norms are designed to insulate it from interference, influeunce and other forms of pressure. This is because there is nothing democratic about the judiciary in terms of its decision-making: it is specifically required to shun influence and deliver interpretations of the strict letter of the law.

Most pertinently, you should note that parliament is empowered under the constitution to summon and question any minister on any questions related to such a minister's duties. Parliament is representative of the people and this underscores the understanding that as executive public officers, ministers certainly do remain answerable to the people. This does nothing to vitiate the fact that their executive reporting line lies in the direction of the president. The Constitution recognizes ministers as public officers and as such, in a supposedly open democracy, why should i not be able to walk straight up to a minister and ask him a question of secular import?

I bumbed into Odein Ajumogobia at a wedding recently, and did just that.
Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala & Sahara Reporters: Phone Recording by manny4life(m): 2:44pm On Jan 06, 2012
Eko Ile:

So, is GEJ paying her salary out of his pocket or she's getting paid by the people of Nigeria?

Dude, if this is a honest question, I will oblige your questions and answers, however, I will not accept insults.

Yes GEJ is paying her salary out of the Nigerian Treasury (The People's Money), but my point still remains, just because she's paid by Nigerian People money doesn't change protocols that's why I used Judges and Justices in my prior example.

Deep Sight:

It is not an elective political position, but it is and remains still an appointive political position.

At all events, most critically, she is a public officer - paid to serve the interests of the public.

Your analogy with the judiciary is way off. The judicial establishment has its specific role and its norms are designed to insulate it from interference, influeunce and other forms of pressure. This is because there is nothing democratic about the judiciary in terms of its decision-making: it is specifically required to shun influence and deliver interpretations of the strict letter of the law.

Most pertinently, you should note that parliament is empowered under the constitution to summon and question any minister on any questions related to such a minister's duties. Parliament is representative of the people and this underscores the understanding that as executive public officers, ministers certainly do remain answerable to the people. This does nothing to vitiate the fact that their executive reporting line lies in the direction of the president. The Constitution recognizes ministers as public officers and as such, in a supposedly open democracy, why should i not be able to walk straight up to a minister and ask him a question of secular import?

I bumbed into Odein Ajumogobia at a wedding recently, and did just that.

Way off, as in? Is your tax payers money NOT used to pay Judges and Justices of the Federal, Appeal and Supreme Court? I don't see how "way off" it is since that's the analogy that other people used. They hold Public Office but NOT directly answerable to the people even the U.S. no 1 chief democratic nation does same thing. Senators will make laws concerning the people, through their executive authority to make policies, ministers/ secretaries make their own dept policies with(out) the people.

The rest of the discourse is irrelevant.

(1) (Reply)

An Expose' On Oshiomhole's Mansion In Iyamoh, Auchi. / How Ebele Came Into Gej's Name! / Tinubu's Henchman Destroys Ballot Box (pic)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.