Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,356 members, 7,819,266 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:32 PM

Oshiomhole Has Lost The Confidence Of Edo People Says Governor Wike - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Oshiomhole Has Lost The Confidence Of Edo People Says Governor Wike (1614 Views)

I Pray Nigeria Oil Dries Up, Says Governor Nasiru El-rufai / INEC Announces Results Of Edo Governorship Election: Live Updates / The Comrade In Oshiomhole Has Died, He's Now Wearing Imported Safari Suits -Wike (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Oshiomhole Has Lost The Confidence Of Edo People Says Governor Wike by Dracula27: 3:30pm On Sep 14, 2016
Rivers State Governor, Nyesom Ezenwo Wike has berated Edo State Governor, Adams Oshiomhole over his penchant for lies and his confirmed inconsistencies, simply because he is in a panic mode over the rejection of the APC in Edo State.

Governor Wike stated that it was completely untrue that he and his Delta State counterpart, Senator Ifeanyi Okowa mobilised militants to Edo State.

The governor further denied the false allegation by Oshiomhole that he sent N2billion to the Edo State PDP Governorship candidate.

Speaking when he granted audience to the Inter-Party Advisory Council ( IPAC ), Rivers State at the Government House, Port Harcourt on Wednesday, Governor Wike said that it is shocking that at his age, Oshiomhole still believes in drama and lies.

IPAC comprises of all registered political parties. Only the All Progressives Congress, APC, was absent at the Solidarity Visit by the registered political parties to Governor Wike.

He said that he was shocked by Oshiomhole’s allegation because on the day of the campaign, he met with the outgoing governor alongside other APC Governors at the Benin airport where they all embraced.

"Oshiomhole even cornered me and said ' don't mind these people, they don't know that we meet and talk", he said.

He said: "If Oshiomhole has lost the confidence of his people, he should not blame me. He brought the President and 10 APC Governors and he was not satisfied. Only because two PDP governors visited Edo State, Oshiomole is panicking.

"Oshiomhole at his age should stop dramatising and telling lies. What will his children say when they see him behave like that".

Governor Wike added: "If you cannot win election, you cannot win election no matter the number of security reports that you write.

"Oshiomhole doesnt know when to stop lying. Why do you think that you will continue to deceive the people. This was the same man who praised former President Goodluck Jonathan for promoting free and fair election, one man, one vote which saw Oshiomhole win a second term. Today in his notorious inconsistency, anywhere Oshiomhole goes, he insults the former President. When President Buhari leaves office, Oshiomole will do the same to him".

He noted that he was in Edo State to campaign for the PDP the same way that Oshiomhole stormed Rivers State in 2015 to campaign for the then APC Governorship candidate in the state.

The governor explained that : "What I told Edo people that has set Oshiomhole in panic mode is that they should not trust INEC or the security agencies because they will never be neutral. I still repeat that the Edo people must remain vigilant so that they their votes will count".

He charged Nigerians to disregard Oshiomhole’s lies as he is no longer pro-people.

He said : "The Comrade in Oshiomhole has died long ago. There is no Comrade in him. From Khaki, he is now wearing costly imported Safari Suits".

Simeon Nwakaudu,
Special Assistant to the Rivers State Governor, Electronic Media.
14th September

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Oshiomhole Has Lost The Confidence Of Edo People Says Governor Wike by Calismart(m): 3:41pm On Sep 14, 2016
Will he kill himself? The man dey try joor
Re: Oshiomhole Has Lost The Confidence Of Edo People Says Governor Wike by Nobody: 3:44pm On Sep 14, 2016
shocked
Re: Oshiomhole Has Lost The Confidence Of Edo People Says Governor Wike by arosunshine(m): 3:47pm On Sep 14, 2016
Ok
Re: Oshiomhole Has Lost The Confidence Of Edo People Says Governor Wike by mrvitalis(m): 3:52pm On Sep 14, 2016
I have always said this.. Edo is lucky to have experienced 8 years of PDP and 8 years of APC... So which ever 8 years was better vote for that's party.. That's as simple as that

Notice PDP not campaigning with the fact that they think there own 8 years was better.. Instead they went with osho wants to install someone or osho is not as good as painted

1 Like

Re: Oshiomhole Has Lost The Confidence Of Edo People Says Governor Wike by NextGovernor(m): 3:53pm On Sep 14, 2016
We in Edo knows Oshiomole. He will insults Anenih during the day and beg at night. He is a con master.

The comrade in Oshiomole died 8 years ago. Infact he was never even comrade because he is full of deceit. Go ask people how him and OBJ use to stage plan fuel hike. They will initially know the amount they are going to fix it but will be dribbling citizens, stage protest, forming dialogue and finally still increase to the amount both planned.

He has been a crook right from his NLC days which people never knew. It was obvious to everyone when he tested power and he is one of the greatest crook in Nigeria as at today.

11 Likes

Re: Oshiomhole Has Lost The Confidence Of Edo People Says Governor Wike by dechriscool(m): 3:58pm On Sep 14, 2016
Governor Nyesom Ezenwo Wike(Ebube Dike)

Political high tension.When you sneeze,Oshiomhole catches cold.

If Oshiomhole and his party feel they are popular in Edo state.They should conduct free,credible and fair election in Edo state and forget this their panick mode and tantrum.

Oshiomhole oral diarrhoea is his greatest undoing

3 Likes

Re: Oshiomhole Has Lost The Confidence Of Edo People Says Governor Wike by HIGHESTPOPORI(m): 4:50pm On Sep 14, 2016
mrvitalis:
I have always said this.. Edo is lucky to have experienced 8 years of PDP and 8 years of APC... So which ever 8 years was better vote for that's party.. That's as simple as that

Notice PDP not campaigning with the fact that they think there own 8 years was better.. Instead they went with osho wants to install someone or osho is not as good as painted
The PDP 8yrs received 198Billion,the Apc 8years received 1.4Trillion,so the people would compare both Govts.

3 Likes

Re: Oshiomhole Has Lost The Confidence Of Edo People Says Governor Wike by Nobody: 5:03pm On Sep 14, 2016
INCOMING OBA OF BENIN ENDORSED OBASEKI INDIRECTLY

Oba of Benin told dangote that Oshiomole did well in edo state. He says Oshiomole assures him obaseki will perform better than him

The Edaiken N’ Uselu and Crown Prince of Benin Kingdom, HRH Prince Eheneden Erediauwa says Governor Adams Oshiomhole of Edo State has made giant strides in infrastructural development and has laid a solid foundation in the State for incoming governors to build upon.

Speaking while receiving the President and Chief Executive Officer, Dangote Group, Alhaji Aliko Dangote in the company of Governor Adams Oshiomhole and former Ekiti Governor, Niyi Adebayo at the Edaiken’s Palace, Benin City, Wednesday, the Crown Prince said, “We thank God and our ancestors for giving us our able governor. I told the President that I have always said that he has tried in Edo State. I am also sure that he is reaping the reward of his efforts in Edo State. He has tried, and we pray that whoever comes in next should try harder to do better.

He has assured us that if it is his candidate that comes in, the candidate will do better than himself. What our governor did is a feat that nobody believed would have been possible considering that he was in the opposition. At the time he came in, he was in the opposition party, and he was not getting attention at that time from the federal. He struggled to generate revenue from within and he used his wisdom. We pray that God should give him more wisdom. My prayer to him is that, as it has always been, he should sail on and on his tenure without blemish to the end successfully. And that still remains our prayer until he hands over the mantle of leadership, and we pray that the next governor should learn from what the Governor has done.”

He continued, “This city used to be described as an ancient kingdom, referring to that ancient city literarily speaking as if it was looking ancient because it was dilapidated. No light and we were in the dark. He is the first governor that has come and he lit up the place. Why can’t one but commend the state Governor for a job well done, since he has laid a serious foundation for other governors to build on?”
The Crown Prince further said, “Our request to you is that wherever we need something from the Federal level, you should assist our dear Governor to actualize what our request is to Mr. President.

We hope that one day, we will have the opportunity of benefitting from that. So, I would like to request on behalf of our chiefs, the Benin people that you keep on representing us at the federal level, assisting the Governor who has done marvelously well. We also like Alhaji to support our efforts to promote tourism in the state. One of the programmes I have by the grace of God is to promote tourism immensely. My pet project is free trade zone at Gelegele, and I have always been passionate about that. So, I have to quickly mention it.”

Responding, the President and Chief Executive, Dangote Group, Alhaji Aliko Dangote said, “I join millions of Nigerians and indeed the entire black race to congratulate you on the occasion of your ascension on to the seat of Oba of the ancient kingdom of Benin, one of Africa’s most revered and historical dynasties. I feel humbled and highly honoured to be invited to the occasion as one of the special guests. We have no doubt that you will build on the solid foundation laid by your forefathers. We all look forward to contributing our quota to the continuous growth and prosperity of the Benin kingdom during your reign. We pray the good Lord to give you the good health, long life and wisdom for a long peaceful and prosperous reign as Oba of Benin Kingdom.”

According to Dangote, “It’s always been a great pleasure for me to come personally and pay you a courtesy call. It is not even now; we have tried and tried to fix an appointment. There was a day even before that day for me to come and commiserate with you on the passing of our dear father. It is not only a loss to the entire Benin kingdom, but both Nigeria and beyond Nigeria, because he served Nigeria and he was a very peaceful person. And we pray to Almighty God to bless his soul.”

Dangote said, “I would like to personally commiserate with you and also to congratulate you for being the next Oba. I have no doubt, your royal majesty you will not only improve and also take Benin kingdom to the next level; I know that it will be felt all over Nigeria. With your exposure being an ambassador, knowing what has been happening all over the Western world, you will apply it here. We will continue to support your Royal Majesty. Right now, I know that with you, even though he is finishing his term in few days, with him and our new Oba, Benin will become a place where people will come from other places and look for jobs. This is actually a place that God has blessed. I was telling the Governor yesterday, creating jobs in Benin is not a difficult task.”

He added, “Governor Adams has actually done very well. People that have not been to Benin for the past ten years, if they visit Benin they will know there has been a real change, and I really congratulate Adams for doing his best bringing this state to this level. Today, I am more than happy that you are the next Oba of Benin. I congratulate you, and I want to assure you of my personal continuous support for this kingdom under your leadership. I will personally come back.”

Speaking earlier, Governor Adams Oshiomhole who accompanied Alhaji Aliko Dangote to the Edaiken Palace said, “Your Royal Highness, you remember I mentioned to you two months ago that I secured a date for Alhaji Aliko Dangote to come and visit you, to come and condole with you and the people of this kingdom. But then he took off from Lagos, and at Benin Airport there was no landing aid and that visit was aborted. It has been his desire to come to still commensurate with you, but this time to congratulate you on your formal installation as the Edaiken N’ Uselu. He has received your letter concerning the grand reception that we are all working for, God willing on the 26th of this month.”
Oshiomhole further said, “People refer to him in other terms, but I describe him in the way that I know him.

I describe him as the Africa’s most hardworking entrepreneur. It is that spirit of hard work that should inspire Nigerians, not the outcome of the hard work. So, in your palace this morning is Africa’s most resourceful entrepreneur.”

http://www.nigerianobservernews.com/2016/09/oshiomhole-has-laid-a-solid-foundation-in-edo-benin-crown-prince/
Re: Oshiomhole Has Lost The Confidence Of Edo People Says Governor Wike by MrCasper: 5:47pm On Sep 14, 2016
undecided
Re: Oshiomhole Has Lost The Confidence Of Edo People Says Governor Wike by Thisis2raw(m): 6:01pm On Sep 14, 2016
Well said my darling governor wike

1 Like

Re: Oshiomhole Has Lost The Confidence Of Edo People Says Governor Wike by richidinho(m): 6:30pm On Sep 14, 2016
"He said : "The Comrade in Oshiomhole has died long ago. There is no Comrade in him. From Khaki, he is now wearing costly imported Safari Suits".

grin grin grin grin grin
This man na real political high tension

1 Like

Re: Oshiomhole Has Lost The Confidence Of Edo People Says Governor Wike by mrvitalis(m): 6:43pm On Sep 14, 2016
HIGHESTPOPORI:
The PDP 8yrs received 198Billion,the Apc 8years received 1.4Trillion,so the people would compare both Govts.
Lies

1 Like

Re: Oshiomhole Has Lost The Confidence Of Edo People Says Governor Wike by Durbaubal682: 7:13pm On Sep 14, 2016
Hello every one, how are you? smiley
Re: Oshiomhole Has Lost The Confidence Of Edo People Says Governor Wike by NextGovernor(m): 9:55pm On Sep 14, 2016
richidinho:
"He said : "The Comrade in Oshiomhole has died long ago. There is no Comrade in him. From Khaki, he is now wearing costly imported Safari Suits".

grin grin grin grin grin
This man na real political high tension

I am telling you
Re: Oshiomhole Has Lost The Confidence Of Edo People Says Governor Wike by Prince081: 10:27pm On Sep 14, 2016
Osho baba said that the issue with Nigeria is tge importation of things tgat we can produce in Nigeria. Imagine the idea of importing a wife.
Re: Oshiomhole Has Lost The Confidence Of Edo People Says Governor Wike by Nobody: 10:31pm On Sep 14, 2016
mrvitalis:

did you also read this statement "
"Oshiomhole even cornered me and said ' don't mind these
people, they don't know that we meet and talk", he said.
Re: Oshiomhole Has Lost The Confidence Of Edo People Says Governor Wike by krasican(m): 12:52am On Sep 15, 2016
HIGHESTPOPORI:

my brother leave dat lie wey iyamu dey talk wetin dem do wit d moni sef abi u no dey benin from 1999.hw benin be b4 oshomole took over

(1) (Reply)

Pics:see Complimentary Cards Of Chief Barber, Security Officer To The President / ECOWAS states will be at logger heads with BUHARI over ban on importation / When Will Gas Flaring In Niger Delta Stop???

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.