Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,211 members, 7,815,230 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:23 AM

Unity Bank Sacks 241 Staff Amidst The Current Economic Hardship. - Career (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Unity Bank Sacks 241 Staff Amidst The Current Economic Hardship. (27176 Views)

Diamond Bank Sacks 400 Workers (document Photos) / Diamond Bank Sacks 200 Workers - Punch (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Unity Bank Sacks 241 Staff Amidst The Current Economic Hardship. by divide9ja: 5:17pm On Sep 14, 2016
Re: Unity Bank Sacks 241 Staff Amidst The Current Economic Hardship. by Izontubo(m): 5:18pm On Sep 14, 2016
All hail the TSA... cool

Sorry bro
Re: Unity Bank Sacks 241 Staff Amidst The Current Economic Hardship. by Nobody: 5:18pm On Sep 14, 2016
By the time recession go tidy nigerians finish na ony MMM go offer solace

2 Likes

Re: Unity Bank Sacks 241 Staff Amidst The Current Economic Hardship. by highbeekeys(m): 5:18pm On Sep 14, 2016
sadUsed to news like these...
Re: Unity Bank Sacks 241 Staff Amidst The Current Economic Hardship. by Ebukaidoko(m): 5:18pm On Sep 14, 2016
What did we wrong that deserve this, Indeed there was a country. We are praying everyday for a better Nigeria but it seems things are getting harder day by day. But I sincerely believe their is light at the end of the tunnel

2 Likes

Re: Unity Bank Sacks 241 Staff Amidst The Current Economic Hardship. by greatermax77(m): 5:19pm On Sep 14, 2016
WHEN THE DOORS OF EMPLOYMENT IS CLOSED, DEFINITELY, THE PRISON DOORS WILL BE WIDE OPEN.
WHAT HAVE WE DONE TO DESERVE THIS?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Unity Bank Sacks 241 Staff Amidst The Current Economic Hardship. by Barywhyte(m): 5:19pm On Sep 14, 2016
which kain sack letter b this? No name, no letterhead, no date? Nothin 2 even remotely show that dis is comin fr a bank or na OP comot all those thins.

Nawa o sorry o .

On o more serious note, Nigeria wouldn't have survived this recession anyway, except we want to continue on the path on corruption. We didn't have recession before now because we all live on the proceeds of corrupt money, corrupt jobs corrupt investment.
Re: Unity Bank Sacks 241 Staff Amidst The Current Economic Hardship. by Nobody: 5:20pm On Sep 14, 2016
cool

Re: Unity Bank Sacks 241 Staff Amidst The Current Economic Hardship. by Nobody: 5:23pm On Sep 14, 2016
hotspec:
.....Ok we go tell am!

Meanwhil somewhere around the world. .

Re: Unity Bank Sacks 241 Staff Amidst The Current Economic Hardship. by Egabs(m): 5:24pm On Sep 14, 2016
Hmmmmmm what a govt of change yet sm wll still av mouth to blame the past govt after one year sm gullible nigerians wll also join in d blame game, I wonder if u av a complany and fire the a manager n employ new one after one year he av took ur company frm bad to worst n continue blaming the past management u as a owner of the company wll clap fr the new management fr the blame n taking ur company to worst ever position

2 Likes

Re: Unity Bank Sacks 241 Staff Amidst The Current Economic Hardship. by HomeOfMe(f): 5:24pm On Sep 14, 2016
EDOE900:
Unity Bank Plc this morning launched a massive termination of appointment of over 200 staff of the Bank. Very sad about the news is that a nairalander who has put in over 5yrs working for the Bank was affected, in his words he stated that he was at a time threatened by his regional manager that he has no much time left that he is afraid he might recommend him for sack which has come to materialise now. However we learnt that Unity Bank does not have any severance package for these set of staff sacked. But the Bank wasnt very open as to whether the staff layed off are entitled to a certain severance or not. This is what we are set to find out as efforts are in place to take a very serious legal action if the bank fails to duly settle the layed off workers. The Nairalander who was affected complained that by the Gimic policy of the Bank those who has spent over five years like him beginning from july 2011 to date of termination might only get a month salary in lieu of notice which is N61, 000 only. The point here is that a confirmed staff of a Bank like Unity Bank is layed off without pocketing home at least N2m is indeed pathetic after spending such number of years in service of the Bank without issue.
Most of these organisations are using the "so-called" recession to Rob workers of their entitlement. Who'll come to the aid of Nigerians! These same govt is using their unfavourable policies to try to rubbish and blacklist organisations that are providing alternative source of income for Nigerians. We'll survive!
Re: Unity Bank Sacks 241 Staff Amidst The Current Economic Hardship. by Nobody: 5:25pm On Sep 14, 2016
Ebukaidoko:
What did we wrong that deserve this, Indeed there was a country. We are praying everyday for a better Nigeria but it seems things are getting harder day by day. But I sincerely believe their is light at the end of the tunnel
...... This is why !

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Unity Bank Sacks 241 Staff Amidst The Current Economic Hardship. by Pray(m): 5:26pm On Sep 14, 2016
Heritage bank coming soon.
Re: Unity Bank Sacks 241 Staff Amidst The Current Economic Hardship. by kaen1317: 5:26pm On Sep 14, 2016
Week after week APC is delivering on the promised Change
Re: Unity Bank Sacks 241 Staff Amidst The Current Economic Hardship. by oyindamola11(f): 5:27pm On Sep 14, 2016
[color=#006600][/color] undecided
Re: Unity Bank Sacks 241 Staff Amidst The Current Economic Hardship. by BABANGBALI: 5:27pm On Sep 14, 2016
Eyaaaaaaaa osusumustflow and rokiatu have losted their jobs
Re: Unity Bank Sacks 241 Staff Amidst The Current Economic Hardship. by crown08(m): 5:34pm On Sep 14, 2016
i don't doubt this news but my sister just got employed in the said bank few weeks #akure branch.
n.b -i am not a zombie i am a wailer.

1 Like

Re: Unity Bank Sacks 241 Staff Amidst The Current Economic Hardship. by Zane2point4(m): 5:39pm On Sep 14, 2016
Honestly that bank is even the worst bank on earth, if There atm machine swallow your card jux dash them the money blc they have the worst customer care, the bank hall doesnt even look like a bank it looks like a beer parlour, i remember a particular branch at owerri that doesnt have a backup gen set, if the only one the have fail, they will open all security doors and on there torches for vision.

2 Likes

Re: Unity Bank Sacks 241 Staff Amidst The Current Economic Hardship. by Reference(m): 5:39pm On Sep 14, 2016
BABANGBALI:
Eyaaaaaaaa osusumustflow and rokiatu have losted their jobs

Baba, be your brother... abi sister keeper and employ them. Times are ard...
Re: Unity Bank Sacks 241 Staff Amidst The Current Economic Hardship. by KingsleyCEO: 5:43pm On Sep 14, 2016
Part of the 200million mumu that voted the wise government of change that later said change begins with them!
Re: Unity Bank Sacks 241 Staff Amidst The Current Economic Hardship. by BABANGBALI: 5:43pm On Sep 14, 2016
Reference:

Baba, be your brother... abi sister keeper and employ them. Times are ard...
recession no make preek hard again o

1 Like

Re: Unity Bank Sacks 241 Staff Amidst The Current Economic Hardship. by Oyimeoyimemua(f): 5:48pm On Sep 14, 2016
if truely the severance pay is not guaranteed then its a pathetic case for the layed off workers. I would rather be self made
Re: Unity Bank Sacks 241 Staff Amidst The Current Economic Hardship. by saintdennis(m): 5:48pm On Sep 14, 2016
Is it ".bitc.h" that they signed as authorized signatory(on the left side)?
Re: Unity Bank Sacks 241 Staff Amidst The Current Economic Hardship. by zicoraads: 5:50pm On Sep 14, 2016
This is sad. Most people have lost their source of livelihood in this regime. Where is Ngige? Oya come and sanction Unity Bank tongue
Re: Unity Bank Sacks 241 Staff Amidst The Current Economic Hardship. by hotspec(m): 5:50pm On Sep 14, 2016
ZuzuMan:
.....Ok we go tell am!

Were those also in connection to economic mismanagement and cluenessless economic road maps?
Re: Unity Bank Sacks 241 Staff Amidst The Current Economic Hardship. by saintdennis(m): 5:53pm On Sep 14, 2016
ZuzuMan:
.....Ok we go tell am!

Bros don't mind them ireland(free Irish state) entered recession first week of september

Australia is also on course for recession

Difference is sacked workers get unemployment benefits not naija

Jobless people get stipends...not naija (even apc 5k don enter one chance)

I'm not saying apc aren't fvcking up...but nigerians must stop the blame game and instead ensure we come out of this recession a stronger nation.

We must learn from our past pdp inspired mistakes and soldier on together to greatness

Recession is a normal thing across the world... what we should be fighting to avoid is a depression / meltdown.

1 Like

Re: Unity Bank Sacks 241 Staff Amidst The Current Economic Hardship. by czaratwork: 5:59pm On Sep 14, 2016
Prisons don dey overfull. you no dey hear of prison breaks?
greatermax77:
WHEN THE DOORS OF EMPLOYMENT IS CLOSED, DEFINITELY, THE PRISON DOORS WILL BE WIDE OPEN.
WHAT HAVE WE DONE TO DESERVE THIS?
Re: Unity Bank Sacks 241 Staff Amidst The Current Economic Hardship. by 8BitGee(m): 6:01pm On Sep 14, 2016
What is this silly cartoon character you guys add to your photos? Childish AF.
Re: Unity Bank Sacks 241 Staff Amidst The Current Economic Hardship. by sbabimbola(f): 6:07pm On Sep 14, 2016
And like play, like play...... companies are folding up & bosses are becoming more like gods in Naija. Dear God!
Re: Unity Bank Sacks 241 Staff Amidst The Current Economic Hardship. by pat1612(m): 6:11pm On Sep 14, 2016
Its not that bank are not making profit but they don't wanna reduce their profits to show on their balance sheet.
I personally bank with 3 of them and service charges are way high then normal. For one international transfer they charged me close to 90k as service charge.And still they say no profit we have to survive.
Bank are biggest scam .
Just my thought no offence intended. grin tongue tongue
Re: Unity Bank Sacks 241 Staff Amidst The Current Economic Hardship. by Iceking1(m): 6:22pm On Sep 14, 2016
eay:
Well...I'm really sorry abt this guy's being fired.
But the truth is dt it's bound to happen. But the goodnews is dt it's only mmm that can safe one frm this financial crises grin especially in this #change season.
I'm a living example , mmm changed my life just within 3mnths of joining. I have quite a number of bankers in my team tho.
I think ppl are scared because they did not get the 'right person' to tell them details abt mmm.
Mmm pays...MMM is real...
If you are interested in knowing more abt mmm + get guidance in your registration + get added to our mmm whatsapp grp page FOR FREE [/b]just quote me and drop ur wassap number.[b] Or u can add me 08092414515

Pls...interested ppl only oooo
I no force u ooo...biko
But MMM transformed my financial status.
Please ooo : 08032568749

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Your Experiences With Chinese Bosses As Nigerians / Do I Need To Quit My Job ? / Virgin Atlantic Airline Sacks All Nigerian Cabin Crew

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.