Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,356 members, 7,819,266 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:32 PM

Boi Increases YES-P Would-be Loan Beneficiaries From 1,200 Yearly To 4,000 - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Boi Increases YES-P Would-be Loan Beneficiaries From 1,200 Yearly To 4,000 (12584 Views)

Agreement Reached At A Meeting Btw BOI Mgt & Yes-p Participants On 6/3/2017 / Yes-p: Notice Of A Peaceful Nationwide Protest By Yes-p Participants / FG, BOI Frustrate Yes-P Scheme As Participants Share Sad Experiences (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Boi Increases YES-P Would-be Loan Beneficiaries From 1,200 Yearly To 4,000 by eph12(m): 6:15pm On Sep 14, 2016
musicwriter:
Giving money to traders or so called entrepreneurs is not development. This money would've better spent on scientific research and development.

Centre for Nikel research.
Centre for alternative energy research.
E.t.c.

Or spent on any venture that strictly have the entrepreneur manufacturing something we need in Nigeria or something that could be exported.

Otherwise, the so called entrepreneurs would only end up importing more trash into the country and thereby putting more pressure on Dollar-Naira rate.
There's enough money for both if managed properly. I don't think they are asking Nigerians to choose between both
Re: Boi Increases YES-P Would-be Loan Beneficiaries From 1,200 Yearly To 4,000 by eph12(m): 6:17pm On Sep 14, 2016
DEIFIED:
I dont fancy All this kind of programs because its just temporary, and the may reasons for setting it up by the govt. Are most times not achieved, and public funds will be wasted on it. We have seen such programs in the past. Nigeria just need help thats all.
What kind of help?
Re: Boi Increases YES-P Would-be Loan Beneficiaries From 1,200 Yearly To 4,000 by bishop4life(m): 6:31pm On Sep 14, 2016
eph12:

Tell that your friend to stop being foolish. How can a betting shop spend 55k on fuel in a month? He dey drink am? Mstxheww

like how many litres do you think a 3kva generator will consume in 10-12hrs? (8am-8pm). so betting shops withing residential area even stay beyond 8pm. mulitipy it by 26-27days in a month (excluding sundays).
Re: Boi Increases YES-P Would-be Loan Beneficiaries From 1,200 Yearly To 4,000 by DEIFIED(m): 6:38pm On Sep 14, 2016
eph12:
What kind of help?
Divine help my brother.
Re: Boi Increases YES-P Would-be Loan Beneficiaries From 1,200 Yearly To 4,000 by eph12(m): 6:43pm On Sep 14, 2016
bishop4life:

like how many litres do you think a 3kva generator will consumer in 12hrs? (8am-8pm). so betting shops withing residential area even stay beyond 8pm. mulitipy it by 26-27days in a month (excluding sundays).
And there are no alternative like APC, battery? That gen should exhaust nothing more than 12 litres and that's about 45k. But it's foolishness really if I can't get a good inverter and battery to buy

1 Like

Re: Boi Increases YES-P Would-be Loan Beneficiaries From 1,200 Yearly To 4,000 by eph12(m): 6:45pm On Sep 14, 2016
DEIFIED:

Divine help my brother.
Our parents were waiting for divine help and that's why we are struggling like this. Keep it up your children will pass through this same route too.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Boi Increases YES-P Would-be Loan Beneficiaries From 1,200 Yearly To 4,000 by bishop4life(m): 6:58pm On Sep 14, 2016
eph12:

And there are no alternative like APC, battery? That gen should exhaust nothing more than 12 litres and that's about 45k. But it's foolishness really if I can't get a good inverter and battery to buy

Good. now bear in mind that installing those batteries are not easy task.a singl 200ah battery is between 80-130k. secondly he nevèr mentioned phcn bill showing you the shop might be located in a remote place without access to national grid. how much do you think he buys petrol in such area? cant you also assume he might have to transport himself to a filling station to buy at control price? why call him foolish when even your own assumption is close to his figures?
Re: Boi Increases YES-P Would-be Loan Beneficiaries From 1,200 Yearly To 4,000 by eph12(m): 7:14pm On Sep 14, 2016
bishop4life:

Good. now bear in mind that installing those batteries are not easy task.a singl 200ah battery is between 80-130k. secondly he nevèr mentioned phcn bill showing you the shop might be located in a remote place without access to national grid. how much do you think he buys petrol in such area? cant you also assume he might have to transport himself to a filling station to buy at control price? why call him foolish when even your own assumption is close to his figures?
I used that word because it is suicide to just go into a business anyhow without considering all the angles. That's why a lot of start ups fail in the first year. If he can't raise the money for alternative power supply then he shouldn't venture into it. If his plan was to start and save so he can buy it then he shouldn't complain or stop after the first month. No business is too small to have a plan before starting. This includes the financial plan.

1 Like

Re: Boi Increases YES-P Would-be Loan Beneficiaries From 1,200 Yearly To 4,000 by CuteTj(m): 7:24pm On Sep 14, 2016
usmanktg2:
This was done few months ago (YES Round 2), why bringing up the news now? must the FG politicize everything?
The guardian newspaper reported this piece of news on May 14, 2016. Direct your blame not at the government but at the op who went to dig out a news of 4 months ago.

You should be smart enough to have gone to check on the link of the news before commenting. Not everything you read online is true.

2 Likes

Re: Boi Increases YES-P Would-be Loan Beneficiaries From 1,200 Yearly To 4,000 by groovie(m): 7:34pm On Sep 14, 2016
bishop4life:

Your friend is not ready yet. He should have started out with laptops that can store power first instead of desktops. And a tiger gen instead of 3kva gen. He should have gotten a ups to power is printer intermittently. The tiger gen will use 4 liters of fuel for 6-7 hrs. U start from the ground up. Not the other way round.
Re: Boi Increases YES-P Would-be Loan Beneficiaries From 1,200 Yearly To 4,000 by groovie(m): 7:37pm On Sep 14, 2016
And youwin was much better than this.

1 Like

Re: Boi Increases YES-P Would-be Loan Beneficiaries From 1,200 Yearly To 4,000 by bishop4life(m): 7:54pm On Sep 14, 2016
groovie:

Your friend is not ready yet. He should have started out with laptops that can store power first instead of desktops. And a tiger gen instead of 3kva gen. He should have gotten a ups to power is printer intermittently. The tiger gen will use 4 liters of fuel for 6-7 hrs. U start from the ground up. Not the other way round.

He is not my friend oo. i am just giving him benefit of doubt. you have a point shaa... i am just concerned with the word foolish used.
Re: Boi Increases YES-P Would-be Loan Beneficiaries From 1,200 Yearly To 4,000 by DEIFIED(m): 9:28pm On Sep 14, 2016
eph12:

Our parents were waiting for divine help and that's why we are struggling like this. Keep it up your children will pass through this same route too.
Bro, dont get me wrong, i never said we should wait for divine help, but i only said we need it. My point is everything that is working in other countries hardly works in nigeria, due to many human problems. Hence the reason why i said the country need help beyond the human might.
Re: Boi Increases YES-P Would-be Loan Beneficiaries From 1,200 Yearly To 4,000 by doubrah: 9:41pm On Sep 14, 2016
Why are there no Christians in the committee?
Re: Boi Increases YES-P Would-be Loan Beneficiaries From 1,200 Yearly To 4,000 by olaoge(m): 10:30pm On Sep 14, 2016
herzern:
Niqeria's a messed up Country!.....

Ion think loan can help anyone....

A friend of mine ventured into all this shop bettinq aqent.....The business is really a cool one....The first month....He made a whoopinq sum of 70,000 naira....When he calculated the amount he used in purchasinq fuel throuqh the whole month....it sum up to 55000......

He paid his worker 15000....

5000 left.....

Won't he eat??...

Cloth??...

Shelter??...

The Guy no do ham aqain qan sev......

Bros u can lie too
wot type of generator is he using?
his the shop alwayz opened 24/7??
clap for yourself sir.
Re: Boi Increases YES-P Would-be Loan Beneficiaries From 1,200 Yearly To 4,000 by Gwan2(m): 12:56am On Sep 15, 2016
Why do we like deceiving ourselves in this country undecided undecided
Re: Boi Increases YES-P Would-be Loan Beneficiaries From 1,200 Yearly To 4,000 by deebsman1(m): 2:46pm On Sep 15, 2016
Funny enough, most times I religiously go thru many comments here on Nairaland to gauge the mindset of many but most of the time, I find it very disappointing to realize that many commentators on the forum are a big reflection of the kind of people we have in this part of the world.

For instance look at the commentator am qouting here, he have no iota of idea about what the programme stands for, but just because he just want to comment, he will in that way misinformed the gullible ones like him and the multiplier effect will continue that way. Sad.

The YES program is a genuine one and has an aim of reducing unemployment in the country by helping the youths under 35 years of age who are in the "real" sector of the economy, not traders. This are the pipu that will need others to run their businesses and thereby creating employment in the process.

If you are doubting the genuineness of YES, check out the success rate of GEF by same BOI for corpers last November.

You guys should learn to think before misleading some gullible ones like yourself

musicwriter:
Giving money to traders or so called entrepreneurs is not development. The money would have better been spent on scientific research and development.

Example; (1). Centre for Nikel research and development.
(2). Centre for alternative energy research.
E.t.c.

Or, if the money must be given to an entrepreneur it must be invested on any venture that strictly have the entrepreneur ''manufacturing'' something we need in Nigeria, even if its toothpick, matches, candle. Or something that could be exported to earn foreign exchange.

Otherwise, the so called entrepreneurs would only end up using the money to import more trash into the country and thereby putting more pressure on Dollar-Naira rate. In that case the FG is literally shooting itself on the foot in the long run!

Africa will continue to be poor, because education has failed woefully. Our leaders don't even know what constitute development.

Re: Boi Increases YES-P Would-be Loan Beneficiaries From 1,200 Yearly To 4,000 by musicwriter(m): 3:03pm On Sep 15, 2016
deebsman1:
Funny enough, most times I religiously go thru many comments here on Nairaland to gauge the mindset of many but most of the time, I find it very disappointing to realize that many commentators on the forum are a big reflection of the kind of people we have in this part of the world.

For instance look at the commentator am qouting here, he have no iota of idea about what the programme stands for, but just because he just want to comment, he will in that way misinformed the gullible ones like him and the multiplier effect will continue that way. Sad.

The YES program is a genuine one and has an aim of reducing unemployment in the country by helping the youths under 35 years of age who are in the "real" sector of the economy, not traders. This are the pipu that will need others to run their businesses and thereby creating employment in the process.

If you are doubting the genuineness of YES, check out the success rate of GEF by same BOI for corpers last November.

You guys should learn to think before misleading some gullible ones like yourself

i think you have comprehension issues. Otherwise, how did my comment contradict what you just wrote?

1. I'm against giving money to traders, and I warned against that.

2. I said instead of giving money to traders the money should rather be invested in scientific research.

3. Finally, I said if money must be given, it must be given to people who can ''manufacture''. I even cited some products like toothpick, matches, candle.

If manufacturing isn't the real economy you have to tell me what is.
Re: Boi Increases YES-P Would-be Loan Beneficiaries From 1,200 Yearly To 4,000 by deebsman1(m): 8:03pm On Sep 15, 2016
Thank you for reemphasising on many points you earlier pointed, but in as far as we may be preaching the same thing, i will still hold my earlier stance that you misinformed pipu with your post.

If you had commented based on the fact that you know what the program is about and the reason for the programme in the first place, you wouldn't have written the gibberishes you wrote in your first post.

musicwriter:

i think you have comprehension issues. Otherwise, how did my comment contradict what you just wrote?

1. I'm against giving money to traders, and I warned against that.

2. I said instead of giving money to traders the money should rather be invested in scientific research.

3. Finally, I said if money must be given, it must be given to people who can ''manufacture''. I even cited some products like toothpick, matches, candle.

If manufacturing isn't the real economy you have to tell me what is.

(1) (2) (Reply)

CBN Gives Banks 2 Weeks To Settle Customers' Complaints / 20+ Small Business Ideas For Small Towns / Test

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.