Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,109 members, 7,814,893 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 10:17 PM

Prayer Is The Cause Of Nigeria's Backwardness! - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Prayer Is The Cause Of Nigeria's Backwardness! (1178 Views)

Prophet TB Joshua Reveals The Cause Of World Poverty / Ozubulu Youths Protest, Demand To Know The Cause Of The Catholic Church Killings / Fantastic Photo - Prayer Is Back In The White House! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Prayer Is The Cause Of Nigeria's Backwardness! by Sveen: 5:05pm On Sep 14, 2016
It's no news that Nigeria is a religious country where alot of prayer is said daily. Especially when our dear country is in a predicament. However, it just came to my realisation that perhaps it's this same prayer that is being said for our prosperousness that's causing Nigeria to go backwards.

We elect bad/corrupt leaders and make them swear an oath with a supposedly 'holy' book and hope and pray that they become good.

We fail to develop this nation but pray to God for it's development and prosperity, like seriously.

No matter how hard we pray about the misfortune befalling this country, the prayers ends up null and void.

Perhaps it's time we start trying other means for the development of this nation if just saying prayers from dusk till dawn is proving to be ineffective.
Re: Prayer Is The Cause Of Nigeria's Backwardness! by DeSepiero(m): 6:39pm On Sep 14, 2016
Nice observation.
Re: Prayer Is The Cause Of Nigeria's Backwardness! by Nobody: 10:45pm On Sep 14, 2016
We use religion to justify our mediocrity. Instead of solving problems, we call our problems a 'test' from god. When things go right, instead of evaluating the steps that led to the success so we can repeat them for more prosperity, we call it gods blessing and return to our old ways.
Depending on prayers for everything. Its only a stupid man that will repeat the same steps and expect different results. If at all your god even cared the slightest bit about humanity, in his 'divine revelations', instead of using prayer to perform miracles he would use prayer to make people recognise what they need to do to make their lives good.
Re: Prayer Is The Cause Of Nigeria's Backwardness! by adjoviomole(m): 6:36am On Sep 15, 2016
What about the other good years when we had good leaders?
So what's your point, we should stop praying and do what precisely?
Re: Prayer Is The Cause Of Nigeria's Backwardness! by Lsofdk(m): 7:49am On Sep 15, 2016
AnonyNymous:
We use religion to justify our mediocrity. Instead of solving problems, we call our problems a 'test' from god. When things go right, instead of evaluating the steps that led to the success so we can repeat them for more prosperity, we call it gods blessing and return to our old ways.
Depending on prayers for everything. Its only a stupid man that will repeat the same steps and expect different results. If at all your god even cared the slightest bit about humanity, in his 'divine revelations', instead of using prayer to perform miracles he would use prayer to make people recognise what they need to do to make their lives good.
DeSepiero:
Nice observation.
Sveen:
It's no news that Nigeria is a religious country where alot of prayer is said daily. Especially when our dear country is in a predicament. However, it just came to my realisation that perhaps it's this same prayer that is being said for our prosperousness that's causing Nigeria to go backwards.
We elect bad/corrupt leaders and make them swear an oath with a supposedly 'holy' book and hope and pray that they become good.
We fail to develop this nation but pray to God for it's development and prosperity, like seriously.
No matter how hard we pray about the misfortune befalling this country, the prayers ends up null and void.
Perhaps it's time we start trying other means for the development of this nation if just saying prayers from dusk till dawn is proving to be ineffective.
If you must be an atheist be a smart one.
and by trying out other means what are you implying?
prove to me you're more confused
Re: Prayer Is The Cause Of Nigeria's Backwardness! by Sveen: 7:57am On Sep 15, 2016
adjoviomole:
What about the other good years when we had good leaders?

So what's your point, we should stop praying and do what precisely?
Devote the time you use in praying fervently to contribute to the development of this society.
Re: Prayer Is The Cause Of Nigeria's Backwardness! by Sveen: 7:58am On Sep 15, 2016
Lsofdk:

To me, you seem like the confused one.
Re: Prayer Is The Cause Of Nigeria's Backwardness! by Lsofdk(m): 8:22am On Sep 15, 2016
Sveen:
To me, you seem like the confused one.
you amuse me.
there's a question attached to my previous post.

another chance to redeem yourself of being confusedgrin
Re: Prayer Is The Cause Of Nigeria's Backwardness! by Sveen: 8:29am On Sep 15, 2016
Lsofdk:

you amuse me.
there's a question attached to my previous post.

another chance to redeem yourself of being confusedgrin
I'm not here to throw banter, and unless you have something tangible to say, please do not quote me anymore. Thanks as you comply!
Re: Prayer Is The Cause Of Nigeria's Backwardness! by Lsofdk(m): 8:51am On Sep 15, 2016
Sveen:
I'm not here to throw banter, and unless you have something tangible to say, please do not quote me anymore. Thanks as you comply!
I'm not here to banter, merely here to reveal your confused state. Now go back read your post slowly, you don't expect me to sit by and watch you spew trash to elevate your zero self worth, you shouldn't expect tangible reply on a worthless piece of a thread. I'm done with you, now run along confused mortal
Re: Prayer Is The Cause Of Nigeria's Backwardness! by Nobody: 8:52am On Sep 15, 2016
Lsofdk:

Why did you mention me
Re: Prayer Is The Cause Of Nigeria's Backwardness! by adjoviomole(m): 9:04am On Sep 15, 2016
Sveen:
Devote the time you use in praying fervently to contribute to the development of this society.

Why can't I do both?
Re: Prayer Is The Cause Of Nigeria's Backwardness! by Sveen: 11:51am On Sep 15, 2016
Lsofdk:

I'm not here to banter, merely here to reveal your confused state. Now go back read your post slowly, you don't expect me to sit by and watch you spew trash to elevate your zero self worth, you shouldn't expect tangible reply on a worthless piece of a thread. I'm done with you, now run along confused mortal
Carry your wahala and be going.
Re: Prayer Is The Cause Of Nigeria's Backwardness! by Sveen: 11:55am On Sep 15, 2016
adjoviomole:

Why can't I do both?
The latter seem to be ineffective.
Re: Prayer Is The Cause Of Nigeria's Backwardness! by adjoviomole(m): 12:03pm On Sep 15, 2016
Sveen:
The latter seem to be ineffective.
To you may be. To me the later is the most effective. Tried and trusted.
Re: Prayer Is The Cause Of Nigeria's Backwardness! by Sveen: 12:06pm On Sep 15, 2016
adjoviomole:

To you may be. To me the later is the most effective. Tried and trusted.
Okay. If it is that effective, have you prayed for Nigeria today?
Re: Prayer Is The Cause Of Nigeria's Backwardness! by adjoviomole(m): 12:12pm On Sep 15, 2016
Sveen:
Okay. If it is that effective, have you prayed for Nigeria today?

Of cos I pray for nigeria everyday
Re: Prayer Is The Cause Of Nigeria's Backwardness! by Sveen: 12:44pm On Sep 15, 2016
adjoviomole:

Of cos I pray for nigeria everyday
Yeah, right. Your prayers is really working, Nigeria is becoming greater by the day.
Re: Prayer Is The Cause Of Nigeria's Backwardness! by DeSepiero(m): 3:28pm On Sep 15, 2016
Lsofdk:

Don't quote me out of context.
I said that the op made a nice observation. You either agree or disagree, with reasons.
Re: Prayer Is The Cause Of Nigeria's Backwardness! by adjoviomole(m): 3:31pm On Sep 15, 2016
Sveen:
Yeah, right. Your prayers is really working, Nigeria is becoming greater by the day.

If I should stop praying what will you have me do? I should goan kii buhari abi?
Re: Prayer Is The Cause Of Nigeria's Backwardness! by Sveen: 4:27pm On Sep 15, 2016
adjoviomole:

If I should stop praying what will you have me do? I should goan kii buhari abi?
That would be more effective than your prayer, I think.
Re: Prayer Is The Cause Of Nigeria's Backwardness! by Lsofdk(m): 4:40pm On Sep 15, 2016
DeSepiero:

Don't quote me out of context.
I said that the op made a nice observation. You either agree or disagree, with reasons.
and you agreed without reasons.
how misguided are youundecided
Re: Prayer Is The Cause Of Nigeria's Backwardness! by DeSepiero(m): 5:03pm On Sep 15, 2016
Lsofdk:

and you agreed without reasons.
how misguided are youundecided

The op made few observations, with reasons mentioned in the post to which I agree. If you disagree, simply state your opposing views /reasons.
Don't be quick to call someone 'misguided.
Re: Prayer Is The Cause Of Nigeria's Backwardness! by adjoviomole(m): 5:13pm On Sep 15, 2016
Sveen:
That would be more effective than your prayer, I think.

Despite warnings from ppl, nigerians chose to vote buhari. We have no choice than to endure till 2019. As a christian I don't pray for ppl to die and my prayer to God is that he should help Buhari even tho I don't like him.

Its my dream to be the president of this great nation someday and when I am der, I will need prayers too because its not easy.

(1) (Reply)

Why Do Christians Discriminate White Garment Churches / Are O O O Olumba Obu And Members Christians? / Let Us Discuss Our Cosmogony

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.