Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,248 members, 7,818,849 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:34 AM

Harnaam Kaur, Youngest Female With Beard Shares Inspiring Story - Health (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Harnaam Kaur, Youngest Female With Beard Shares Inspiring Story (59747 Views)

How To Grow Your Beard Very Fast / Physically Challenged Lady Slays In Wheelchair, Shares Inspiring Post (photos) / Ola Orekunrin, The Youngest Doctor In England At Age 21 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Harnaam Kaur, Youngest Female With Beard Shares Inspiring Story by sfinkzslot(m): 6:35pm On Sep 15, 2016
officialEFCC:

Harnaam Kaur of Slough, UK stands as one of the most inspiring record-holders to grace the pages of the new Guinness World Records 2017 annual, holding the title of youngest female with a full beard.

The anti-bullying and body image activist has a fascinating story to tell as she overcame years of bullying to take ownership of her appearance and get awarded this record title at the age of 24 years 282 days.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WJSAuFWR6jQ

Born on 29 November 1990, Harnaam first started to notice that she was growing facial hair at the age of 11.

She was eventually diagnosed with polycystic ovary syndrome, a condition that means she has much more testosterone than most women which is what causes hair to grow on her face.

Harnaam used to remove all her hair, but says that once she decided to let it grow and accept her body the way it is, she felt empowered. Her beard now measures six inches long in some places.

In her application for the record title, the body positivity campaigner told Guinness World Records: “I didn't realise how much my life's journey of being a self-loather to a self-lover would inspire men and women in many different countries.”

2016 has been a huge year for Harnaam, after becoming the first female with a beard to walk the runway at London Fashion Week in March and having her portrait included as part of the photography series #Project60.

Harnaam describes her place in the Guinness World Records book as “absolutely humbling” and hopes it will help her to impart her inspiring message that it is okay to be different.

“I never really understood what role I had to play in this world as a bearded lady. As the years have gone on I have realised that I was born to stand up proud as a woman who promotes body confidence with in both genders, I was born to show the world something else apart from the ‘societies norm,’ and I was born to help people become confident and comfortable with in themselves,” she explains.

https://www.facebook.com/GuinnessWorldRecords/videos/10154060735344032/

source:http://www.guinnessworldrecords.com/news/2016/9/video-youngest-female-with-a-full-beard-shares-inspiring-story-of-journey-from-b-443415

Handsome girl
Re: Harnaam Kaur, Youngest Female With Beard Shares Inspiring Story by Nobody: 7:48pm On Sep 15, 2016
Smellymouth:
And some dudes dey find beards..

Applying spirit for their face everyday...
grin

Smelly mouth u nor go kill us for Nairaland cheesy
Re: Harnaam Kaur, Youngest Female With Beard Shares Inspiring Story by piagetskinner(m): 9:36pm On Sep 15, 2016
She must have her ancestry from the middle East...

She looks like one shiek
Re: Harnaam Kaur, Youngest Female With Beard Shares Inspiring Story by Teniolasmart: 10:32pm On Sep 15, 2016
NevetsIbot:
you didn't burn it? You totally have to burn it first before grinding and mixing na
thanks bro........................can wait to try it and become a man
Re: Harnaam Kaur, Youngest Female With Beard Shares Inspiring Story by NevetsIbot(m): 10:40pm On Sep 15, 2016
Teniolasmart:
thanks bro........................can wait to try it and become a man
You're a man already na. Lol
Re: Harnaam Kaur, Youngest Female With Beard Shares Inspiring Story by Teniolasmart: 11:05pm On Sep 15, 2016
spie42:
lol! Ogbeni na force?
u just dont understand what am passing through........................................imagine me talking to a girl of my mate and she will be looking down on me as if am her younger bro
Re: Harnaam Kaur, Youngest Female With Beard Shares Inspiring Story by Teniolasmart: 11:07pm On Sep 15, 2016
NevetsIbot:
You're a man already na. Lol
i wish people around me can call me that
Re: Harnaam Kaur, Youngest Female With Beard Shares Inspiring Story by NevetsIbot(m): 11:09pm On Sep 15, 2016
Teniolasmart:
i wish people around me can call me that
Haba. Dude, you're taking this beard thingy too far o. Lol
Re: Harnaam Kaur, Youngest Female With Beard Shares Inspiring Story by Teniolasmart: 11:33pm On Sep 15, 2016
NevetsIbot:
Haba. Dude, you're taking this beard thingy too far o. Lol
so u think...............am doing it just because i like it..................lol................am doing it to get d girlssssssssssss
Re: Harnaam Kaur, Youngest Female With Beard Shares Inspiring Story by smite(m): 12:38am On Sep 16, 2016
Zedoo:
gays in the house...this is an alternative to that crap you do....

this killed me!
Re: Harnaam Kaur, Youngest Female With Beard Shares Inspiring Story by NevetsIbot(m): 7:36am On Sep 16, 2016
Teniolasmart:
so u think...............am doing it just because i like it..................lol................am doing it to get d girlssssssssssss
i'm actually doing mine cos I love beards.... Pusxy no go kill you o

1 Like

Re: Harnaam Kaur, Youngest Female With Beard Shares Inspiring Story by Teniolasmart: 8:40am On Sep 16, 2016
NevetsIbot:
i'm actually doing mine cos I love beards.... Pusxy no go kill you o
lol
Re: Harnaam Kaur, Youngest Female With Beard Shares Inspiring Story by preetyslim(f): 2:09pm On Sep 16, 2016
Make I no talk. lipsrsealed
Re: Harnaam Kaur, Youngest Female With Beard Shares Inspiring Story by hairyman(m): 9:21pm On Jul 15, 2017

Re: Harnaam Kaur, Youngest Female With Beard Shares Inspiring Story by jbblues24(m): 5:53am On May 31, 2019
So fabulous and fresh mate smiley

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Man Commits Suicide In Delta State, Says 'I Will Die Today, I Hate Family' / Can Hydrolic Synthetic Brake/clutch Fluid Cure Eczema / Help Needed With Itchy Private Part

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.