Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,295 members, 7,860,723 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 02:55 PM

Recession: Quit Now, PDP To Buhari - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Recession: Quit Now, PDP To Buhari (13821 Views)

Sheriff & Kashamu's Followers Decamp From PDP To Mega Party Of Nigeria (Photos) / Appeal Court Sacks Ibrahim, Jegede Now PDP Candidate / "Suspend Amaechi And Onu Now" - PDP Tells Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Recession: Quit Now, PDP To Buhari by Cubeet2: 8:28am On Sep 15, 2016
Omonigeriarere:

Why we have recession:

* Tompolo was paid 13Billion
* Ex-CDS,Alex Badeh dug a pit toilet to hide $32m
* Patience Jonathan is claiming $31m,she has sued the Nigerian state
* Femi Fani-Kayode took 740M
* Dasuki used trucks to load over $35B from the CBN
* Olisa Metuh took 400M
* Aziboala,GEJ's cousin took 6B naira
* Nenadi Usman took 3.5B naira
* Fayose took 3B naira
* Obanikoro took 4Billion naira
* Olu Falae took 100M naira
* Tony Anenih-400M naira
* Oritsejafor-$35M
* Former Air Chief Amosu-2Billion naira
* Lucky Igbinedion-16B naira
*Bode-George and Dabo-100B naira
* Jolly Nyame-2.4B naira
* Joshua Dariye-700M naira
*Nyesom Wike stole #4b
* Diezzani nko with $20 billion missing oil money?
15 billon dollars missing from arms fund,
10 billion naria, converted to dollars and given as gift to delegstes of PDP Nation convention, Bafarawa collected 3 billion for spiritual purposes ,
12. 7 billon naria for deceased NEPA staff grow winds and disappeared,
20 billion dollars missing from NNPC accounts,
23 billon naira as bribe to INEC staffs to rig the general election, the list is endless. They only left what they cant carry or unable to lay their hands on..The list continues..
Recession didn't just happen, people stole it into happening....

Now HEAR THE THIEVES

1- I acted based on Jonathan instruction- Dasuki

2- I didn't give order- Jonathan

3- I collected 350M from Dasuki for consultation- Iyorchia Ayu

4- I only collected $30,000 from Dasuki not N100m- Bode George

5-I got N4.6b from Dasuki for spiritual purposes- Bafarawa

6-I got N650M from Dasuki for my Abuja burnt office- Thisday Obaigbena.

7-I got N2.1b from Dasuki for publicity- Dokpesi

8- I got another N100m from Yuguda he didn't tell me from where- Bafarawa

9- I gave N100m each to Odili, Jim Nwobodo Bode George and others- Yuguda

10- The president asked me to change N10B to foreign currency for PDP delegates- Dasuki

11- My boss asked me to get $11M from the CBN- Dasuki account officer.

12- I got order from above to pay Tompolo N13B for Maritime university land.- Nimasa DG.

13- 950m was shared in my house-- shekarau

With all this looting and many more revealed some people are still shouting no sign of change yet, they even say it's political persecution.

But I believe, it is the right thing to do. There must be consequence for crime otherwise Nigeria will not develop.

GOD BLESS NIGERIA....!!!
What about that of 1984 or so when Nigeria went to recession under Buhari

1 Like

Re: Recession: Quit Now, PDP To Buhari by Giverz: 8:28am On Sep 15, 2016
This PDP of a party are jokers. Make Buhari commot so that Jonathan can come back Abi.
Re: Recession: Quit Now, PDP To Buhari by DerrickzB: 8:28am On Sep 15, 2016
hustler86:
Wtout cloud formation, ion think it'll rain... Pdp shld stfu and learn how to save the country they killed rather than criticising the better brain we voted. #GodBlessNigeria.

Lmaoooo... Better brain... u mean buhari... Seems u too are alike... so u would pick buhari and his cabinet brain over Gej and his cabinet abi.... ur type would be dying n be smiling... smh
Re: Recession: Quit Now, PDP To Buhari by Nobody: 8:31am On Sep 15, 2016
Omonigeriarere:

Why we have recession:

* Olisa Metuh took 400M
* Fayose took 3B naira
* Tony Anenih-400M naira
* Oritsejafor-$35M
* Jolly Nyame-2.4B naira
*Nyesom Wike stole #4b
10 billion naria, converted to dollars and given as gift to delegstes of PDP Nation convention, Bafarawa collected 3 billion for spiritual purposes ,
23 billon naira as bribe to INEC staffs to rig the general election, the list is endless. They only left what they cant carry or unable to lay their hands on..The list continues..

Now HEAR THE THIEVES

10- The president asked me to change N10B to foreign currency for PDP delegates- Dasuki

12- I got order from above to pay Tompolo N13B for Maritime university land.- Nimasa DG.

With all this looting and many more revealed some people are still shouting no sign of change yet, they even say it's political persecution.

But I believe, it is the right thing to do. There must be consequence for crime otherwise Nigeria will not develop.

GOD BLESS NIGERIA....!!!
Please can you ask APC what happened to Calaber and Port Harcout Seaports? Think of the best these Seaports can do to Nigeria economy.

1 Like

Re: Recession: Quit Now, PDP To Buhari by 247NewsUpdateNG: 8:33am On Sep 15, 2016
Omonigeriarere:

Why we have recession:

* Olisa Metuh took 400M
* Fayose took 3B naira
* Tony Anenih-400M naira
* Oritsejafor-$35M
* Jolly Nyame-2.4B naira
*Nyesom Wike stole #4b

Now HEAR THE THIEVES

GOD BLESS NIGERIA....!!!

Oh! And you forgot to add the Royal father that buys a new Roll Royce every other month.

2 Likes

Re: Recession: Quit Now, PDP To Buhari by WhiskeyTangoFox: 8:37am On Sep 15, 2016
amagunnerfan:
Is this the same PDP that got us into this mess or another one?

Silly set of idiotas. What did they do with the excess accrual from the oil boom? Who looted the economy dry which led us into this shiit.

Idiotas want Buhari to fix in one year an economy le shoeless used almost 6 years to ruin. Only bigots who religion and tribal sentimentalities have destroyed will take PDP serious.

Was it not d likes of ameachi, fashola and other opposition governors dat pushed for excess accrual to be shared within states? 70% of the pple dat put buhari in power were also referred to as members of pdp for most of the 16 years? Yes, pdp could've done better over 16 years, bt is it any better knowing most of the so called pple dat put us in this mess are the same pple in d current APC administration that are telling us to hold PDP responsible? Telling us they are d one's bringing d change......Please, let's always b constructive....bt if there's one thing I know, it's dat Nigerians living within have a serious case of amnesia when it comes to politics and governance. You have jst highlighted the magnitude of amnesia cases within society.
Re: Recession: Quit Now, PDP To Buhari by davidif: 8:37am On Sep 15, 2016
blueto:
The Truth.

Even if PDP a were bunch of peculators/looters like some people pontificate about them, but the fact that they demonstrated rationality, diligence proficiency in their administration is inconfutable and cozy.
For instance, some of Jonathan's policies and programmes were evaluated by the World Bank and other reputable int'l economic organisations as some of the most effective programmes of its kind globally.

Unlike certificateless cattle rearer, who suddenly became a preferred choice to a Ph.D holder due to some irrational resentments, came on board and started formulating and implementing policies that are inimical to the economy and making goofy statements that are also pernicious to the economy. Fired the major technocrats that kept the economy moving, and replaced them with unmerited northerners, party members, conjugal and consanguine relations.

To be frank, I don't foresee APC ruling for uninterrupted 16yrs like PDP did, because they are just unprepared for governance.

Trust me, you don't want someone like Jonathan to be your President during an economic crisis and you definitely don't want the party that squandered our excess just before the recession hit.

But on a serious note, why is it that in a country of over a 100 million people we had to settle for two lackluster candidates? Why don't we have open primaries like they have in the U.S where the people vote to determine who represents there party in the general elections?
Won't it be good if we could the same thing in Naija where each state sets its own primary date and on that date the people of that state go to the polls to determine who wins there state (person who wins most number of states wins the party nomination) as supposed to just allowing the party cabals to do the picking? I don't know about you but i would rather the people pick there party candidates as supposed to some party insiders.

Ideally, i would have loved to see multiple candidates (upwards of 17) run for the APC nomination and another 17 run for the PDP nomination. Then the people in the various states vote in the primaries to determine who wins the right (the party winner) to represent there party (APC or PDP) in the general election. This way we would have better candidates and better ideas. I wonder why the person who wrote the Naija constitution didn't include this provision in there.

1 Like

Re: Recession: Quit Now, PDP To Buhari by sekundosekundo: 8:39am On Sep 15, 2016
BlackSeptember:
Buhari has failed us. Osibanjo has even given up

I hear say River Niger don vex and even want to relocate.
Re: Recession: Quit Now, PDP To Buhari by Nobody: 8:41am On Sep 15, 2016
davidif:

Trust me, you don't want someone like Jonathan to be your President during an economic crisis.

But on a serious note, why is it that in a country of over a 100 million people we had to settle for two lackluster candidates? Why don't we have open primaries like they have in the U.S where the people vote to determine who represents there party in the general elections?
Won't it be good if we could the same thing in Naija where each state sets its own primary date and on that date the people of that state go to the polls to determine who wins there state (person who wins most number of states wins the party nomination) as supposed to just allowing the party cabals to do the picking? I don't know about you but i would rather the people pick there party candidates as supposed to some party insiders.

Ideally, i would have loved to see multiple candidates (upwards of 17) run for the APC nomination and another 17 run for the PDP nomination. Then the people in the various states vote in the primaries to determine who wins the right (the party winner) to represent there party (APC or PDP) in the general election. This way we would have better candidates and better ideas. I wonder why the person who wrote the Naija constitution didn't include this provision in there.
He was someone that was able to keep Nigeria from economic crises, unlike the clueless certificateless cattle rearer that wasted no time in doing so.

Even if the clueless cattle rearer is elected president of US today, he will lead them into recession.
Re: Recession: Quit Now, PDP To Buhari by mescan(m): 8:44am On Sep 15, 2016
amagunnerfan:

Silly set of idiotas. What did they do with the excess accrual from the oil boom? Who looted the economy dry which led us into this shiit.

Idiotas want Buhari to fix in one year an economy le shoeless used almost 6 years to ruin. Only bigots who religion and tribal sentimentalities have destroyed will take PDP serious.
continue blaming, with all d money abacha stole, pdp came nd still worked positive. U rate a president by d poor masses welfare, not with corruption fight. Wake up
Re: Recession: Quit Now, PDP To Buhari by hustler86(m): 8:44am On Sep 15, 2016
DerrickzB:

Lmaoooo... Better brain... u mean buhari... Seems u too are alike... so u would pick buhari and his cabinet brain over Gej and his cabinet abi.... ur type would be dying n be smiling... smh

Tani eleyi bayi
Re: Recession: Quit Now, PDP To Buhari by WhiskeyTangoFox: 8:55am On Sep 15, 2016
247NewsUpdateNG:

Oh! And you forgot to add the Royal father that buys a new Roll Royce every other month.

So in essence, the names of the list are the only ones guilty of crime? Members of the current APC administration who were in the ruling party over the years dint indulge in crime? Or is it a coincidence dat d names on d list jst happens to b non - apc members? If all this pple are guilty as u said, then y hasn't 1 person bin convicted and sentenced? Minister of Interior Dambazau wld've had his name on this list of he wasn't an APC member. Ok, from the loot recovered, where has d money bin channelled to? Y isn't this fight against corruption transparent enough for the masses to know d recovered funds aren't jst bein embezzled again? Finally, as much as I think corruption cleansing done holistically will b good for dis country, how has prioritising the fight against corruption helped to stabilise the economy and grow the naira? Pls let's drop d sentimental subjective perception and think objectively so the positive change can effect the future generations, afterall, regardless of the party in control, most of us want good governance, and the best for Nigeria.....We really have to stop siding with these politicians, APC, PDP or whatever. Until we do, these politicians regardless of the political party will continue to take us d masses for a ride...
Re: Recession: Quit Now, PDP To Buhari by lexyclasy: 8:56am On Sep 15, 2016
amagunnerfan:

PDP dont get you to this mess, APC created the messes, Fuel was N87 in PDP, Fuel is now N145 in APC, Rice was N8,000/Bag in PDP and N22,000/Bag in APC, Dollar was n197 in PDP and now N400 in APC, Kerosine was N50/Litre in PDP and N200 now in APC, inflation rate was 1digit in PDP and now double digit in APC, Nigeria was the biggest economy in Africa under PDP and now NO.12 in Africa under APC, Dangote was among first 50 wealthiest people in the world under PDP and now is not among first 100 richest in the world under APC, there was right to protest under PDP and now under APC no right to protest as declared by IGP.......Your president has already concluded that your ministers are noise makers that is only perm sec did the whole work.....so stop crying foul...seeking for whom to blame.....blame the incompetency of your administration.....shame on you all......you owe us unreserved apology for putting citizens in this hard way......shame to APC again for still having mind to defend blindly....

1 Like

Re: Recession: Quit Now, PDP To Buhari by GMbuharii: 8:56am On Sep 15, 2016
YES. ALL WE ARE SAYING....BUHARI QUIIIIIIIT. RESIGN..GO AWAY.
Re: Recession: Quit Now, PDP To Buhari by davidif: 8:59am On Sep 15, 2016
blueto:
He was someone that was able to keep Nigeria from economic crises, unlike the clueless certificateless cattle rearer that wasted no time in doing so.

Even if the clueless cattle rearer is elected president of US today, he will lead them into recession.

You don't understand how economic recessions work bro. This things are usually cyclical, its not necessarily something a President can keep a country from. At times, economies just take a downturn so its the job of the leaders that be to prepare shock absorbers in the system to cushion the blow which is what President Jonathan failed to do.

The Nigerian economy is built on a very volatile commodity like oil (talk about building your foundation on sand) and yet the fact that his administration had 8 years to prepare us for an oil glut by diversifying the economy and saving our surplus but yet did none of that is just unforgivable. If President Jonathan were a good leader, he would have realized that you can't build an economy on a commodity like oil and would have prepared us for this by leaving us a robust economy able to withstand this recession but his administration never did that, they just squandered and mismanaged our surplus. Its really sad.
Re: Recession: Quit Now, PDP To Buhari by Omonigeriarere: 8:59am On Sep 15, 2016
DerrickzB:

How hypocritical.... you didn't mention amaechi...or d fact he championed d governors forum to sue gej to share oil reserve... i want to ask.. all these money were stolenand the country didn't break down??. Abeg how much we get??

you didn't mention amaechi - compile your own list

d fact he championed d governors forum to sue gej to share oil reserve - All governors shared 48%: what happened to 52% owned by FG?

i want to ask.. all these money were stolenand the country didn't break down??. - The country had broken down since 2015 when FG has started borrowing money to pay salaries of FG workers - http://www.pmnewsnigeria.com/2015/05/06/fg-borrows-n473bn-to-pay-salaries-okonjo-iweala/: That is why Iweala said Nigerians should prepare for hard times even in the face of oil booming - http://www.newsexpressngr.com/news/11232-Prepare-for-hard-times-things-will-be-tough-till-the-end-of-2015-Okonjo-Iweala-advises-Nigerians

Get it right.
Re: Recession: Quit Now, PDP To Buhari by Omonigeriarere: 9:01am On Sep 15, 2016
SeriousMinded:

Please can you ask APC what happened to Calaber and Port Harcout Seaports? Think of the best these Seaports can do to Nigeria economy.

It could have been better if PDP that ruled for 16 years can handle this question first.
Re: Recession: Quit Now, PDP To Buhari by GMbuharii: 9:02am On Sep 15, 2016
amagunnerfan:

see talk! So it is a mirage for the dullard to fix things under 'one year',but acceptable and applauding and an achievement to go way down retrogressively and devastate and destroy same just under ONE year! Hmmm clap for yaself o... grin grin
Re: Recession: Quit Now, PDP To Buhari by 247NewsUpdateNG: 9:03am On Sep 15, 2016
WhiskeyTangoFox:

So in essence, the names of the list are the only ones guilty of crime? Members of the current APC administration who were in the ruling party over the years dint indulge in crime? Or is it a coincidence dat d names on d list jst happens to b non - apc members? If all this pple are guilty as u said, then y hasn't 1 person bin convicted and sentenced? Minister of Interior Dambazau wld've had his name on this list of he wasn't an APC member. Ok, from the loot recovered, where has d money bin channelled to? Y isn't this fight against corruption transparent enough for the masses to know d recovered funds aren't jst bein embezzled again? Finally, as much as I think corruption cleansing done holistically will b good for dis country, how has prioritising the fight against corruption helped to stabilise the economy and grow the naira? Pls let's drop d sentimental subjective perception and think objectively so the positive change can effect the future generations, afterall, regardless of the party in control, most of us want good governance, and the best for Nigeria.....We really have to stop siding with these politicians, APC, PDP or whatever. Until we do, these politicians regardless of the political party will continue to take us d masses for a ride...

Foremost, I'll advise you try understanding a post before you drop your thoughts.

Your thoughts are excellent but it would have held water only if the topmost Royal father in Nigeria's 'Center of Commerce' was/is a PDP chieftain.
Re: Recession: Quit Now, PDP To Buhari by uvalued(m): 9:04am On Sep 15, 2016
R2bees:
Lol. Am I the only one that find this funny?... Not only to step down, he should return the country to what it used to be before stepping down... APC na one kain mumu party shaa led by Fulani Herdsmen.

IN Ms Word, UNDO the economy.. hope
Re: Recession: Quit Now, PDP To Buhari by MISSNORA(f): 9:07am On Sep 15, 2016
WilliamXII:
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

YYDS!!!

PDP GET MIND SHA (BUT DEM SUPPOSE TEMPER THIS REQUEST WITH SHAME SHA
grin grin grin grin
yeye comment
Re: Recession: Quit Now, PDP To Buhari by highwaist: 9:07am On Sep 15, 2016
It is clear that ninety-nine percent of the wealthy Nigerians today made
their money directly or indirectly from the government coffers either
through the inflation of contracts sum, embezzlement of public funds
and corruption of all sort.
Yet the PDP led government knows this very well but refused to address
the issues to free Nigerians from the hullabaloo of the mess
especially the economic woes. The style of democracy being practiced by the PDP is
being sustained on unconstitutionality, anarchy and day light
embezzlement of the public funds against the express wordings of 1999
constitution of Nigeria yet the PDP led government which is popularly
known as the government full of criminal bystanders at frauds all
times, a government of few.
The criminal bystanders still want to come back to power to devour
what they left.
Re: Recession: Quit Now, PDP To Buhari by yorhmienerd(m): 9:09am On Sep 15, 2016
[size=90pt]If they quit, who will take the post, PDP bah, you must be joking![/size]
Re: Recession: Quit Now, PDP To Buhari by yorhmienerd(m): 9:11am On Sep 15, 2016
highwaist:
It is clear that ninety-nine percent of the wealthy Nigerians today made
their money directly or indirectly from the government coffers either
through the inflation of contracts sum, embezzlement of public funds
and corruption of all sort.
Yet the PDP led government knows this very well but refused to address
the issues to free Nigerians from the hullabaloo of the mess
especially the economic woes. The style of democracy being practiced by the PDP is
being sustained on unconstitutionality, anarchy and day light
embezzlement of the public funds against the express wordings of 1999
constitution of Nigeria yet the PDP led government which is popularly
known as the government full of criminal bystanders at frauds all
times, a government of few.
The criminal bystanders still want to come back to power to devour
what they left.
Don't mind them, they want to recover the money collected from them.
Re: Recession: Quit Now, PDP To Buhari by DerrickzB: 9:15am On Sep 15, 2016
Omonigeriarere:

you didn't mention amaechi - compile your own list

d fact he championed d governors forum to sue gej to share oil reserve - All governors shared 48%: what happened to 52% owned by FG?

i want to ask.. all these money were stolenand the country didn't break down??. - The country had broken down since 2015 when FG has started borrowing money to pay salaries of FG workers - http://www.pmnewsnigeria.com/2015/05/06/fg-borrows-n473bn-to-pay-salaries-okonjo-iweala/: That is why Iweala said Nigerians should prepare for hard times even in the face of oil booming - http://www.newsexpressngr.com/news/11232-Prepare-for-hard-times-things-will-be-tough-till-the-end-of-2015-Okonjo-Iweala-advises-Nigerians

Get it right.

I dont have time to compile list and start blaming people.. Am just trying to let u know that even apc has criminals... what d present government should do.now is seek alternative... not blame n blame.. i wanna ask u a simple question. . How many times has naija gone into recession... and under who??
Re: Recession: Quit Now, PDP To Buhari by ilynem(m): 9:19am On Sep 15, 2016
GoggleB:
Our dear minister said Recession is just a word grin

I guess she failed ECO101

Wait oo PDP how many presidents resigned when you are in power??

Are you telling us dat our dogs to go back to his old vomit Mba It won't happen...
But recession is a word Na. Is it a sentence before? undecided
Re: Recession: Quit Now, PDP To Buhari by ilynem(m): 9:22am On Sep 15, 2016
drss2:
a canssandra who draged d con3 back to back into recession does not deserve to be a local govt chairman talkmore of d president.
d dullard should resign immediately.
You seem a very intelligent person. Can you please explain to me, without insults please, how Buhari dragged us into recession? And don't say by his policies if you cannot name those exact policies.
Re: Recession: Quit Now, PDP To Buhari by jbcul4ril(m): 9:26am On Sep 15, 2016
The interesting thing is that PDP does not have what it takes to win PMB if choose to contest in 2019. The permutation obviously does not include SS and SE for PMB to win. All he needs to do is say they word "I will contest in 2019". grin grin grin grin.
Come to think about it why are Nigerians claiming to be hungry? To me is more of lazy people that are complaining period.
Re: Recession: Quit Now, PDP To Buhari by Omonigeriarere: 9:27am On Sep 15, 2016
DerrickzB:

I dont have time to compile list and start blaming people.. Am just trying to let u know that even apc has criminals... what d present government should do.now is seek alternative... not blame n blame.. i wanna ask u a simple question. . How many times has naija gone into recession... and under who??

Nigerian has gone into many recessions: even it happened in 2008/2009 under Jonathan. But the effect was not conspicuous because the inflow from oil was still high (over USD100/barrel) coupled with high savings from reserves during OBJ when Iweala was still the Finance Minister, which were used to cushion the consequences.

If you are ready to learn more and liberate yourself from the 'PMB is a dullard crew' who knows nothing about economy than blaming PMB, click on the link below to read what Iweala said recently regarding your question
- https://www.naij.com/799712-why-nigeria-wasnt-able-to-save-under-jonathan-okonjo-iweala.html
Re: Recession: Quit Now, PDP To Buhari by ilynem(m): 9:28am On Sep 15, 2016
gnaxyt:
if PDP practised a voodoo Economy, we Nigerians love Voodoo.
if PDP was a corrupt party yet the prices of comodities were affordble, Dollar 197 and not 420, we Nigerians love CORRUPTION.
#Buharistepdown
I wonder how you people think. Was it buhari that took dollar to 420? Was it buhari that made Nigeria a mono economy? Some people need to go back to school.
Re: Recession: Quit Now, PDP To Buhari by Nobody: 9:38am On Sep 15, 2016
davidif:

[s]
You don't understand how economic recessions work bro. This things are usually cyclical, its not necessarily something a President can keep a country from. At times, economies just take a downturn so its the job of the leaders that be to prepare shock absorbers in the system to cushion the blow which is what President Jonathan failed to do.

The Nigerian economy is built on a very volatile commodity like oil (talk about building your foundation on sand) and yet the fact that his administration had 8 years to prepare us for an oil glut by diversifying the economy and saving our surplus but yet did none of that is just unforgivable. If President Jonathan were a good leader, he would have realized that you can't build an economy on a commodity like oil and would have prepared us for this by leaving us a robust economy able to withstand this recession but his administration never did that, they just squandered and mismanaged our surplus. Its really sad.[/s]
But it has been about a year and some months since buhari have been elected president and why should he keep blaming the past govt for your present and foreseen failures?

The past govt was already diversifying the economy when the gullible zombies voted you in the certificateless cattle rearer that came and obliterated the good efforts by the previous govt.

through the comprehensive Agricultural Transformation Agenda program of the previous govt, they recorded many landmark achievements. Through agriculture they created thousands of jobs across the country. The provision of inputs in 10 Northern states enabled dry season farming; and profitably engaged over 250,000 farmers and youths even during the dry season.

Through the comprehensive Agricultural Transformation Agenda program, inflation fell to 7.8% in October 2013, its lowest since 2008, as a result of higher domestic food production.

they launched the Growth Enhancement Scheme to provide targeted support for seeds and fertilizers to 5 million farmersper year or 20 million farmers within fouryears. Through the scheme, they were providing subsidized inputs to farmers via an e-Wallet program. In fiscal year 2013, an estimated 4.2 million farmers received subsidized inputs. As a result, in 2013, they produced 1.1 million metric tonnes of dry season rice across 10 Northern states; and over 250,000 farmers and youths in these states are now profitably engaged in farming even during the dry season.

they launched Staple Crop Processing Zones to support investments in the entire agricultural value chain. there are significant private investment commitments from agribusiness ventures such as: Flour Mills of Nigeria, the Dangote Group, Syngenta, Indorama, AGCO, and Belstar Capital.

In 2012, 2.2 million metric tonnes of cassava chips were exported, exceedingthe Agricultural Transformation Agenda’s target by over 100%, while the 40% substitution of cassava for wheat has been achieved through research and collaboration with the IITA and Federal Institute for Industrial Research.Similarly, there has been a decline in wheat imports to Nigeria from an all-time high of 4,051,000 MT in 2010 to 3,700,000 MT in 2012.

About 200 women in Benue State were trained on how to make compost for farming and 360 farmers in the same state, were trained on climate change adaptability in agriculture. The environment and farming in Benue state got a boost from about 600 men and women in Benue state who participated in training on how to be environmentally better farmers.

they established community woodlots of 10 hectares each in Plateau and Kogi (10ha) states. they restored 10 hectares of degraded forest in Achareni Forest Reserves in Kogi state and rehabilitated 10 hectares degraded forest reserves in Niger state. the administration also launched Presidential Initiative on Coastal and River Bank protection on flood in Asa River (Kwara State). they established two skill acquisition centresto train people on the fabrication of solar -powered grinding machines in Kaiama and Baruten in Kwara State. and so on!

What policies has Buhari projected to diversify the economy?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Rivers State: Gale Of Defection Hits Ubima PDP / Top 5 Richest Politicians In Nigeria, Their Net Worth And Assets / Adamu Moves To Salvage APC Situation In Osun

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 125
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.