Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,151 members, 7,818,473 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:41 PM

A Bus Prosperity Preacher - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / A Bus Prosperity Preacher (562 Views)

Who Really Benefits From Nigeria's 'prosperity Gospel'? (BBC News) / Prosperity Preacher, prophet Uebert Angel Rocks $1350 Heritage Trousers.(photo) / American Preacher Blasts Obama, Nigeria And The Entire Black Race (Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

A Bus Prosperity Preacher by Nobody: 9:30pm On Sep 14, 2016
Who struggles with saying no to this undecided .

About a month ago, I embarked on a six - seven hour journey, (which ended up being a whole day and a half journey because I got on the wrong bus. Story for another day. undecided ) Just as the big bus was preparing to leave, as is common with some buses, a confident preacher with a hoarse commanding voice got it. I don't think he even greeted us.

He started by talking about his "past experiences" with preachers in buses. Apparently, one bus preacher was a policeman that one person in a certain a bus disrespected and tried to shut down. The said policeman said nothing, of course. But as he finished preaching besides the disrespect, he turned and his jacket "accidentally" revealed a pistol somewhere. Lesson, "don't disrespect me." shocked You don't know who I am. shocked Or what "I can do to you!" - he repeated those phrases many times. He also told us he did not NEED our money. Interesting.

He had the attention of the whole bus at that point.

So after the "powerful" introduction, he starts talking about accidents! angry Reportedly, he had boarded several buses just like ours and the people did not pay attention to him. They regretted it undecided (I switched from irritated to annoyed. Some people!)

He then, out of care, ordered everybody to make a loud declaration about their journey, something about curses and spirits sucking blood on the road. My seat neighbour repeated the declaration after him. smiley The drivers and two conductors were busy with their own business. They probably had made that same prayer the day before by the same preacher grin

Then he said he was from church X, his own ministry and if anybody wanted to "stand" with him, they were welcome to do so. After that prayer cancelling curses, most people were eager to plant seed offering. He was thankful cheesy

He offered a second prayer. Exclusively a blessing for ONLY those who had "stood" with him. sad Then he had a special offer for them. As a reward. A chance to get blessed with him. He announced that his church had a fund raiser wink
BUT he wanted ONLY the earlier givers to plant seed. ONLY those who had given.

"If you hadn't given the first offering, thank you, but I will not receive your money for this one..." shocked

Then it got better... motivating more givers,

"Take that money and hold it in your fist high where I can see. I will come round and touch each and every fist raised..."

He went round touching the fists with money and later made a powerful prayer. A repetitive thing about breaking curses I can't remember.

There was a third prayer after the blessed fists gave. For something else. Can't recall the need. But only those whose hands had been blessed could give. undecided

He especially repeated this point:

"I am here because there is something I have seen that you will witness before this journey ends undecided"

It was half an hour or more later, three rounds of offering, that the bus was ready to start the journey and the preacher left. He did not preach anything else.

1 Like

Re: A Bus Prosperity Preacher by Ravenna: 9:42pm On Sep 14, 2016
But he prayed! Heavens may have blessed those who believed.

1 Like

Re: A Bus Prosperity Preacher by koolJ1(f): 9:44pm On Sep 14, 2016
Economy hard before before, not to talk about now.

Manmustwac

1 Like

Re: A Bus Prosperity Preacher by Nobody: 9:56pm On Sep 14, 2016
Muafrika2:

About a month ago, I embarked on a six - seven hour journey, (which ended up being a whole day and a half journey because I got on the wrong bus. Story for another day. undecided ) Just as the big bus was preparing to leave, as is common with some buses, a confident preacher with a hoarse commanding voice got it. I don't think he even greeted us.

He started by talking about his "past experiences" with preachers in buses. Apparently, one bus preacher was a policeman that one person in a certain a bus disrespected and tried to shut down. The said policeman said nothing, of course. But as he finished preaching besides the disrespect, he turned and his jacket "accidentally" revealed a pistol somewhere. Lesson, "don't disrespect me." shocked You don't know who I am. shocked Or what "I can do to you!" - he repeated those phrases many times. He also told us he did not NEED our money. Interesting.

So after the "powerful" introduction, he starts talking about accidents! angry Reportedly, he had boarded several buses just like ours and the people did not pay attention to him. They regretted it undecided (I switched from irritated to annoyed. Some people!)

He then, out of care, ordered everybody to make a loud declaration about their journey, something about curses and spirits sacking blood on the road. My seat neighbour repeated the declaration after him. smiley The drivers and two conductors were busy with their own business. They probably had made that same prayer the day before by the same preacher grin

Then he said he was from church X, his own ministry and if anybody wanted to "stand" with him, they were welcome to do so. After that prayer cancelling curses, most people were eager to plant seed offering. He was thankful cheesy

He offered a second prayer. Exclusively a blessing for ONLY those who had "stood" with him. sad Then he had a special offer for them. As a reward. A chance to get blessed with him. He announced that his church had a fund raiser wink

"If you hadn't given the first offering, thank you, but I will not receive your money for this one..." shocked

"Take that money and hold it in your fist high where I can see. I will come round and touch each and every fist raised..."

He went round touching the fists with money and later made a powerful prayer. A repetitive thing about breaking curses I can't remember.

There was a third prayer after the blessed fists gave. For something else. Can't recall the need. But only those whose hands had been blessed could give. undecided

"I am here because there is something I have seen that you will witness before this journey ends undecided"

It was half an hour or more later, three rounds of offering, that the bus was ready to start the journey and the preacher left. He did not preach anything else.

hahahaha this cracked me up. These are the ones giving the gospel a very bad name. I personally would have scolded him mid message and stopped him from making a mockery of the gospel we preach. Its good for the world to see that we openly rebuke those who are not doing it right and not hide when rebuking them.

2 Likes

Re: A Bus Prosperity Preacher by mumumugu(m): 10:03pm On Sep 14, 2016
notin wrong

1 Like

Re: A Bus Prosperity Preacher by gatiano(m): 10:16pm On Sep 14, 2016
Nice memory recall.

Muafrika2:

He then, out of care, ordered everybody to make a loud declaration about their journey, something about curses and spirits sacking blood on the road. My seat neighbour repeated the declaration after him. smiley The drivers and two conductors were busy with their own business. They probably had made that same prayer the day before by the same preacher grin

1 Like

Re: A Bus Prosperity Preacher by Nobody: 4:39am On Sep 16, 2016
mumumugu:
notin wrong
What about using fear and insinuating bad consequences to those who did not give or pray with him? I took it as a spiritual attack undecided

(1) (Reply)

Our Daily Manna For Today 15/9/2016 / Why Masturbation Is A Sin.....please Read This! / Insearch Of A God

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.