Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,214 members, 7,818,724 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:02 PM

My Mechanised Farming Experience - Agriculture (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / My Mechanised Farming Experience (4026 Views)

My Egg Poultry Farming Experience As A New Farmer / My Cucumber Farming Experience In Lagos / A Nairalander's Farming Experience In Pictures (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Mechanised Farming Experience by Awotimi(m): 8:09am On Sep 19, 2016
ogb5:
Has anyone planted corn at 30,000 stands per hectare previously? and what is your experience.

I have tried it before but we had to thin in down when we could not get fertiliser to buy and apply.

Those were the days of fertiliser subsidy and fertiliser hoarding
Mehn this is crazy..... Folloiwing patiently
Re: My Mechanised Farming Experience by shadowid: 10:08am On Sep 19, 2016
30000seeds/ha its very small, think of at lease 80000 to 100000 using a good hybrid seed, ready to fertilize
Re: My Mechanised Farming Experience by saliubello(m): 1:14pm On Sep 19, 2016
ogb5:
This thread is to document my mechanised farming experience.

We just received most of the equipment for the farming. Hopefully this dry season will give us opportunity to put them to work.

Feel free to give us any advice you think can help us.
Sir, I will be offering you free consultation service on your mechanization project. This will be my personal contribution to the success of this project. You will be free to either take any of my recommendations or discard them, before you discard it anyway, compare it closely with your field situation.

You have invested heavily on equipments and personels. But I'm offering my free consultation to you because I want you to always have a second opinion to work with.

08050323434 is my mobile number.
saliubello2003@yahoo.com is my email.

TO YOUR SUCCESS AND PROFITABILITY!
Re: My Mechanised Farming Experience by ogb5(m): 3:38pm On Sep 19, 2016
saliubello:
Sir, I will be offering you free consultation service on your mechanization project. This will be my personal contribution to the success of this project. You will be free to either take any of my recommendations or discard them, before you discard it anyway, compare it closely with your field situation.

You have invested heavily on equipments and personels. But I'm offering my free consultation to you because I want you to always have a second opinion to work with.

08050323434 is my mobile number.
saliubello2003@yahoo.com is my email.

TO YOUR SUCCESS AND PROFITABILITY!

Thanks for your kind and generous offer of support.

We will surely be in need of someone to consult on the many challenges and decisions we will be battling with in this project. We will contact you to haverify your perspective. Once again, thanks
Re: My Mechanised Farming Experience by ogb5(m): 3:44pm On Sep 19, 2016
Seed tray. We had to buy some seed tray for use in the farm.
Honestly we bought more seed trays than we require now. We did not want the extra space on the equipment shipping container to be wasted so we filled it with seed trays.

We can sell some off if we get buyers or wait until next year when we will be in a position to use all of the seed trays

Re: My Mechanised Farming Experience by Nobody: 8:58pm On Sep 19, 2016
ogb5:

This farm is in Delta state close to Sapele.
We have not yet fixed the excursion fee, once excursion fee is fixed you will be contacted. grin

I'm actually desirous of going into agriculture, would you hire me?
Re: My Mechanised Farming Experience by BabatundeLawal(m): 4:57pm On Dec 05, 2016
Hello everyone,

I really want to say I love what I am seeing regarding the mechanised farming.

I am a trained Agricultural Economist and I stay in Delta State. Besides, I am into the cassava value chain among many other agricultural
endeavors. I would like to engage with the OP (ogb5) to see how we can collaborate together and make Delta state great agriculture-wise. Thank you.

Lawal.babatundehakeem@gmail.com
Re: My Mechanised Farming Experience by tripleace(m): 4:26pm On Dec 06, 2016
This is great I most say. I have done a bit of mechanise farming and I would like to congratulate you in advance. ( I love your 4 wheel drive tractor). A s regards your 2 Wheeler and the front tipping up, I am not too sure how the counter weight will work because it usually happens to me when my plough/harrow gets stangled with a tree stump. So what I simple do is use the automatic lift level to raise the handles holding the attached implement as soon as I feel the drag. You asked about planting experience on one hectare well what we simple did was that we could not use our planter because we observed it was dispensing more seed per hole that expected(please note that our planted was not brand new like yours but you still have to check this out to avoid too many seed in one hole and later paying extra for thinning) so we got top quality seeds tested their viability and planted manually with manual planting poles and marked ropes for plant spacing. We used poultry waste for manure (we had a very big poultry farm). Yield was about 2.5 tonnes per hectare but your should be better Your spacing too will determine your 30,000 stand per hectare and the soil nutrient gradient distribution will influence the overall performance/yield.

1 Like

Re: My Mechanised Farming Experience by eaglevirus: 10:31pm On Jul 19, 2018
What happened to this farming project. Ogb5 if you would be kind enuff to send ur contact to 08032627648. Tnx

1 Like

Re: My Mechanised Farming Experience by Kitex05: 5:25pm On Mar 04, 2019
ogb5:
40ft boom sprayer

Please kindly connect with me asap. I urgently need this sprayer for my farm. I need link to where I can buy. Thanks

1 Like

Re: My Mechanised Farming Experience by healthserve(m): 11:43am On Aug 25, 2019
ogb5:
This thread is to document my mechanised farming experience.

We just received most of the equipment for the farming. Hopefully this dry season will give us opportunity to put them to work.

Feel free to give us any advice you think can help us.

How is farming in Delta Sir?
Re: My Mechanised Farming Experience by frankz28: 4:56pm On Mar 28, 2021
*Mike Automobile Engineering Services* we specialize in general repair , maintainance and Consultancy of tractor and tractor related components of all kinds including;
1. Utility Tractors
2. Compact Tractors
3.Row Crop Tractors. ...
4. Industrial Tractors. ...
5. Garden Tractors. ...
6.Autonomous Tractors. ...
7.Military Tractors.
bulldozer
8.Implement carrier Tractors
Our speciality includes
1. Tractor maintenance
2. Tractor Repairs
3. Fabrication and replacement of tractor components
4. Consultancy for purchase of tractor
5. Tractor auto works
6. Tractor diagnostics
Open for partnership
our whatsapp contact number 07043269147 whatsapp or call

(1) (2) (Reply)

Get Position To Make Over 100% Profits As Ginger Season Opens / Fertilizer Biz / Cassava tuber and varieties of Stem Available!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.