Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,818 members, 7,810,139 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:33 PM

Edo APGA Expels Spokesman And Others Who Defected To APC - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Edo APGA Expels Spokesman And Others Who Defected To APC (6218 Views)

Buhari’s CSO Expels Punch Reporter From Aso Villa Over Ill-Health Story / Efcc Closes Case Of A Former Pdp Governor Who Defected To Apc / Edo APGA Executives Defect To APC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Edo APGA Expels Spokesman And Others Who Defected To APC by playboy99(m): 8:16pm On Sep 15, 2016
The All Progressives Grand Alliance (APGA) in Edo State has expelled its Publicity Secretary, Chief Paul Okolie and other members, over alleged anti-party activities.

This is just as the party insisted that its candidate for the September 28 rescheduled governorship poll in the state, Mr. Osaro Onaiwu, is the solution to Edo people’s problem.

Mr. Okolie had on Monday led 1,000 of his supporters, including executive members and chieftains of APGA, to the All Progressives Congress (APC).

Speaking with newsmen in Benin City, the state capital, the former APGA spokesman said his decision to defect was based on the conviction that only an APC government led by Godwin Obaseki and his deputy, Hon. Philip Shaibu, can sustain the good works already started by the Adams Oshiomhole outgoing administration.

Reacting to the defection of its spokesman and others to the APC, the Chairman of APGA in Edo State, Godfrey Ehizokhale Ehimhen and the Secretary, Aifuobhokhan Emmanuel, issued a joint statement warning members of the party across the state to desist from “political prostitution” or face sanction.

The statement added that Okolie and the party’s Organizing Secretary, Chief Chidi Eze, alongside their supporters have since been expelled from the party due to their involvement in anti-party activities and “are no longer members of the party”.

http://www.informationng.com/2016/09/edo-apga-expels-spokesman-others-for-defecting-to-apc.html

Re: Edo APGA Expels Spokesman And Others Who Defected To APC by Iamlordgee(m): 8:19pm On Sep 15, 2016
And the political game continue

FTC.. Congo Lumbashi
Re: Edo APGA Expels Spokesman And Others Who Defected To APC by donphilopus: 10:02pm On Sep 15, 2016
How can you expel someone who has already left, from a party? Is that possible?

27 Likes 1 Share

Re: Edo APGA Expels Spokesman And Others Who Defected To APC by herzern(m): 8:14am On Sep 16, 2016
donphilopus:
How can you expel someone who has already left from a party? Is that possible?

Bro....I'm not understanding....

As soon as he left the party....he is no more a member.....So how can they expel him??....

I am not understanding.....

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Edo APGA Expels Spokesman And Others Who Defected To APC by seapson(m): 8:15am On Sep 16, 2016
I blame buhari

3 Likes

Re: Edo APGA Expels Spokesman And Others Who Defected To APC by steppin: 8:15am On Sep 16, 2016
Politicians and greed.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Edo APGA Expels Spokesman And Others Who Defected To APC by yeyeboi(m): 8:16am On Sep 16, 2016
Confusion Everywhere
Re: Edo APGA Expels Spokesman And Others Who Defected To APC by Alonzoh(m): 8:16am On Sep 16, 2016
Smh
Re: Edo APGA Expels Spokesman And Others Who Defected To APC by justmenoni: 8:17am On Sep 16, 2016
Of cos it's possible cos most naija politicians are political prostitute, jumping up and down.. when apc loose and apga wins some of those 1000 defectors won't think it twice before jumping back to APGA.

donphilopus:
How can you expel someone who has already left from a party? Is that possible?

3 Likes

Re: Edo APGA Expels Spokesman And Others Who Defected To APC by agwom(m): 8:17am On Sep 16, 2016
confusion!
Re: Edo APGA Expels Spokesman And Others Who Defected To APC by ALAYORMII: 8:18am On Sep 16, 2016
Person decamp and you still they expel am

Naija I dey hail ooo

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Edo APGA Expels Spokesman And Others Who Defected To APC by tim1256(m): 8:19am On Sep 16, 2016
Following closelyFollowing closelyFollowing closely
Re: Edo APGA Expels Spokesman And Others Who Defected To APC by francisMKD(m): 8:19am On Sep 16, 2016
hahahahaaa.....see where igboman dey find soft padded ground wey he go land wen election favours APC. LWKM ok na continue.......
post assured next tenue....................
Re: Edo APGA Expels Spokesman And Others Who Defected To APC by olaolulazio(m): 8:20am On Sep 16, 2016
They went for the money oooo
Re: Edo APGA Expels Spokesman And Others Who Defected To APC by Lajet: 8:22am On Sep 16, 2016
Chief Chidi Eze and Chief Paul Okolie are not from Edo state so there defection can't affect Apga
Re: Edo APGA Expels Spokesman And Others Who Defected To APC by BIDOO(m): 8:24am On Sep 16, 2016
they defect base on the fact that though you have a good ambition for edo people but you choose a wrong party under which you contest, just as APC choose a wrong candidate call buhari to represent them which his cluelessness is now backfired.
Re: Edo APGA Expels Spokesman And Others Who Defected To APC by Ahmeduana(m): 8:26am On Sep 16, 2016
herzern:

As soon as he left the party....he is no more a member.....So how can they expel him??....

YOU DON'T UNDERSTAND NIGERIA POLITICS, THE GUY MAY COME BACK TOMORROW IF APC IS NOT FAVOURABLE, AND HE WILL TAKE THEM TO COURT START ANOTHER CRISIS BY TRYING TO CLAIMING THE POSITION HE REJECTED.

2 Likes

Re: Edo APGA Expels Spokesman And Others Who Defected To APC by Nobody: 8:26am On Sep 16, 2016
As in ehnn I don't even understand what these People mean by saying "the good work of Adams Oshomole"

Last time I checked the only thing Oshomole did was to import white pussy with public fund I still don't understand how that was supposed to be a good work
Re: Edo APGA Expels Spokesman And Others Who Defected To APC by Nobody: 8:30am On Sep 16, 2016
They already expelled themselves by defecting. This is double jeopardy. A useless move.
Re: Edo APGA Expels Spokesman And Others Who Defected To APC by gurunlocker: 8:31am On Sep 16, 2016
herzern:

You know Naija politics now, they can cross carpet.... So no more coming back

1 Like

Re: Edo APGA Expels Spokesman And Others Who Defected To APC by Sanuzi(m): 8:41am On Sep 16, 2016
Are u serious?
Re: Edo APGA Expels Spokesman And Others Who Defected To APC by kkboy(m): 8:42am On Sep 16, 2016
When someone defects to another party he is no more a member of the old party. So for PGA to say they are expelling the defected members is not only stupidity by a total display of ignorance.
Re: Edo APGA Expels Spokesman And Others Who Defected To APC by Nobody: 8:43am On Sep 16, 2016
everybody just fighting for what to put for pockets
Re: Edo APGA Expels Spokesman And Others Who Defected To APC by NairaMaster1(m): 8:47am On Sep 16, 2016
If I were them I will kill the rooster
Re: Edo APGA Expels Spokesman And Others Who Defected To APC by RosaConsidine: 8:50am On Sep 16, 2016
Lol, expel someone who publucly left.

It's like sacking a coach that has already publicly resigned. What is there to sack?
Re: Edo APGA Expels Spokesman And Others Who Defected To APC by Nobody: 8:56am On Sep 16, 2016
INCOMING OBA OF BENIN ENDORSED OBASEKI INDIRECTLY

Oba of Benin told dangote that Oshiomole did well in edo state. He says Oshiomole assures him obaseki will perform better than him

The Edaiken N’ Uselu and Crown Prince of Benin Kingdom, HRH Prince Eheneden Erediauwa says Governor Adams Oshiomhole of Edo State has made giant strides in infrastructural development and has laid a solid foundation in the State for incoming governors to build upon.

Speaking while receiving the President and Chief Executive Officer, Dangote Group, Alhaji Aliko Dangote in the company of Governor Adams Oshiomhole and former Ekiti Governor, Niyi Adebayo at the Edaiken’s Palace, Benin City, Wednesday, the Crown Prince said, “We thank God and our ancestors for giving us our able governor. I told the President that I have always said that he has tried in Edo State. I am also sure that he is reaping the reward of his efforts in Edo State. He has tried, and we pray that whoever comes in next should try harder to do better.

He has assured us that if it is his candidate that comes in, the candidate will do better than himself. What our governor did is a feat that nobody believed would have been possible considering that he was in the opposition. At the time he came in, he was in the opposition party, and he was not getting attention at that time from the federal. He struggled to generate revenue from within and he used his wisdom. We pray that God should give him more wisdom. My prayer to him is that, as it has always been, he should sail on and on his tenure without blemish to the end successfully. And that still remains our prayer until he hands over the mantle of leadership, and we pray that the next governor should learn from what the Governor has done.”

He continued, “This city used to be described as an ancient kingdom, referring to that ancient city literarily speaking as if it was looking ancient because it was dilapidated. No light and we were in the dark. He is the first governor that has come and he lit up the place. Why can’t one but commend the state Governor for a job well done, since he has laid a serious foundation for other governors to build on?”
The Crown Prince further said, “Our request to you is that wherever we need something from the Federal level, you should assist our dear Governor to actualize what our request is to Mr. President.

We hope that one day, we will have the opportunity of benefitting from that. So, I would like to request on behalf of our chiefs, the Benin people that you keep on representing us at the federal level, assisting the Governor who has done marvelously well. We also like Alhaji to support our efforts to promote tourism in the state. One of the programmes I have by the grace of God is to promote tourism immensely. My pet project is free trade zone at Gelegele, and I have always been passionate about that. So, I have to quickly mention it.”

Responding, the President and Chief Executive, Dangote Group, Alhaji Aliko Dangote said, “I join millions of Nigerians and indeed the entire black race to congratulate you on the occasion of your ascension on to the seat of Oba of the ancient kingdom of Benin, one of Africa’s most revered and historical dynasties. I feel humbled and highly honoured to be invited to the occasion as one of the special guests. We have no doubt that you will build on the solid foundation laid by your forefathers. We all look forward to contributing our quota to the continuous growth and prosperity of the Benin kingdom during your reign. We pray the good Lord to give you the good health, long life and wisdom for a long peaceful and prosperous reign as Oba of Benin Kingdom.”

According to Dangote, “It’s always been a great pleasure for me to come personally and pay you a courtesy call. It is not even now; we have tried and tried to fix an appointment. There was a day even before that day for me to come and commiserate with you on the passing of our dear father. It is not only a loss to the entire Benin kingdom, but both Nigeria and beyond Nigeria, because he served Nigeria and he was a very peaceful person. And we pray to Almighty God to bless his soul.”

Dangote said, “I would like to personally commiserate with you and also to congratulate you for being the next Oba. I have no doubt, your royal majesty you will not only improve and also take Benin kingdom to the next level; I know that it will be felt all over Nigeria. With your exposure being an ambassador, knowing what has been happening all over the Western world, you will apply it here. We will continue to support your Royal Majesty. Right now, I know that with you, even though he is finishing his term in few days, with him and our new Oba, Benin will become a place where people will come from other places and look for jobs. This is actually a place that God has blessed. I was telling the Governor yesterday, creating jobs in Benin is not a difficult task.”

He added, “Governor Adams has actually done very well. People that have not been to Benin for the past ten years, if they visit Benin they will know there has been a real change, and I really congratulate Adams for doing his best bringing this state to this level. Today, I am more than happy that you are the next Oba of Benin. I congratulate you, and I want to assure you of my personal continuous support for this kingdom under your leadership. I will personally come back.”

Speaking earlier, Governor Adams Oshiomhole who accompanied Alhaji Aliko Dangote to the Edaiken Palace said, “Your Royal Highness, you remember I mentioned to you two months ago that I secured a date for Alhaji Aliko Dangote to come and visit you, to come and condole with you and the people of this kingdom. But then he took off from Lagos, and at Benin Airport there was no landing aid and that visit was aborted. It has been his desire to come to still commensurate with you, but this time to congratulate you on your formal installation as the Edaiken N’ Uselu. He has received your letter concerning the grand reception that we are all working for, God willing on the 26th of this month.”
Oshiomhole further said, “People refer to him in other terms, but I describe him in the way that I know him.

I describe him as the Africa’s most hardworking entrepreneur. It is that spirit of hard work that should inspire Nigerians, not the outcome of the hard work. So, in your palace this morning is Africa’s most resourceful entrepreneur.”

http://www.nigerianobservernews.com/2016/09/oshiomhole-has-laid-a-solid-foundation-in-edo-benin-crown-prince/
Re: Edo APGA Expels Spokesman And Others Who Defected To APC by Larryfest(m): 9:05am On Sep 16, 2016
Expelling someone who has already defected made sense right

(1) (2) (Reply)

Scene Of The Attack On Ex-Air Force Chief, Alex Badeh (Photos) / Let's Hand Nigeria Back To Whites Like Zimbabwe Is Handing Land Back To Whites / Arewa Joint Committee: SDP Presidential Candidate Highlights His Plans (videos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.