Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,165 members, 7,849,596 topics. Date: Tuesday, 04 June 2024 at 05:00 AM

A Case For 'hero Status' For Judas Iscariot - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / A Case For 'hero Status' For Judas Iscariot (350 Views)

Who Really Is Judas Iscariot: A Traitor Or Hero? / Let's Stop Blaming Judas Iscariot, He Doesn't Deserve To Be Blame. / Judas Iscariot Now Trending On Twitter (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

A Case For 'hero Status' For Judas Iscariot by Nobody: 8:55pm On Sep 15, 2016
Before I begin, I'd like to give credit to OLAADEGBU- I've had this post in mind for quite a while but he partially created the context for this post. However, I'll leave that out here- a discussion for another day.
Now to my argument:
If we accept everything we have been told to be true for the sake of argument, we have no other option but consider Judas as a hero in some sense. Here is why: Jesus had to die (he just had to) for the salvation of the sinner and in order for that to someone/something had to precipitate as well as take responsibility for his death. If not Judas, you may ask, how else could this be possible. Well there are many ways this could have gone down. Jesus could have attacked and eaten up by a wild beast; perhaps he could have drowned in that river (remember when he walked on water or calmed the sea?). poo! He could have died in his sleep or have a building collapse on him- there are many more possibilities. But Why Judas? (Poor him). Why the feck is he painted/portrayed as some sort of villain? Well, we can and may never know. The fact that he played a role in jesus' clearly and simply means he played a role in his death and nothing more. If the story we have heard is to be considered fairly, I am convinced we are safe to say that He (Judas) is, at the very least, a hero in the most popular work of fiction and not a completely bad guy as he is presented. I think he deserve to be revered much more than someone like Mary. To stretch things a bit, we might place him on the same pedestal with jesus.
Re: A Case For 'hero Status' For Judas Iscariot by analice107: 9:36pm On Sep 15, 2016
Yea, he played a very vital rule in fulfilling that prophecy, but he missed it when he gave in to guilt and killed himself. There was room for repentance, but he chose suicide.

Remember Peter did the same thing Judas did, even worst if you ask me.

Peter was the one who had a revelation of who Christ truly was.

Peter was the one who boasted of following Christ even to death.

Peter was Categorically and vehemently forewarned "You will betray me, You will deny ever knowing me", He screamed to the high heavens that a thing like that can never happen.

It happened, he denied that same Jesus three times. The annoying part was, it wasn't even before the Chief priests or the Council of Sanhedrin, but before a house help and meager servants.

but Peter repented and was restored, Judas perished out of guilt.

Jesus came to seek and to save, not to judge and condemn.

If you repent, it doesn't matter the magnitude of that sin, he will forgive you.

ask now.

(1) (Reply)

Muslims To Sacrifice Innocent Victims To Allah / Can I Call You A Christian? / What Sin Will Always Do

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.