Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,409 members, 7,830,051 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 03:34 PM

Does An Atheist Has More Faith Than A Christain? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Does An Atheist Has More Faith Than A Christain? (838 Views)

When An Agnostic/atheist Has Sex In The Dream / Keys For A Happy Marriage- A Christain Perspective / Atheist Has Vivid Dream Of Heaven. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Does An Atheist Has More Faith Than A Christain? by sweetpie23: 7:04pm On Oct 09, 2009
a friend of mine, said "It takes more faith to be an atheist than it does to be a Christian. I totally disagree with her but she kept on aguring bla bla bla my good people, do you really agree?

Re: Does An Atheist Has More Faith Than A Christain? by bawomolo(m): 7:12pm On Oct 09, 2009
it all depends on the persons definition of faith
Re: Does An Atheist Has More Faith Than A Christain? by manmustwac(m): 7:29pm On Oct 09, 2009
Being an athiest has nothing to do with faith, but facts and reality
Re: Does An Atheist Has More Faith Than A Christain? by jagunlabi(m): 12:58pm On Oct 10, 2009
In today's world of extreme faith in religion,it takes a lot to have faith in facts and reality.
manmustwac:

Re: Does An Atheist Has More Faith Than A Christain? by noetic15(m): 1:35pm On Oct 10, 2009
manmustwac:

facts about what?
Re: Does An Atheist Has More Faith Than A Christain? by pastorjose: 2:58pm On Oct 10, 2009
what does an atheist who does not believe in the existence of God needs faith for? and if u say u have faith. Your faith is on what?
Re: Does An Atheist Has More Faith Than A Christain? by sweetpie23: 4:34pm On Oct 10, 2009
pastorjose:

what does an atheist who does not believe in the existence of God needs faith for? and if u say u have faith. Your faith is on what?
same thing I said.
Re: Does An Atheist Has More Faith Than A Christain? by banom(m): 5:48pm On Oct 10, 2009
pastorjose:

I understand what the Op friend was trying to imply, with threat of hell, and the promise of heaven, any one who would dare not believe and prepares to face the worst has a strong conviction, That what she mean by faith.

Though i think she should have said the person has a stronger or adventurous mind ,
Faith on it own is adventure. since is not rooted on any reality.
Re: Does An Atheist Has More Faith Than A Christain? by duduspace(m): 11:46pm On Oct 10, 2009
You have to first of all define what you mean by faith, If yu are using the definition of faith in the bible then no one can be more Michael Jackson than Michael Jackson himself.
Re: Does An Atheist Has More Faith Than A Christain? by bawomolo(m): 3:05am On Oct 11, 2009
TS - what's your definition of faith.
Re: Does An Atheist Has More Faith Than A Christain? by KunleOshob(m): 8:44am On Oct 11, 2009
@Post
I agree it actually takes more faith to the point of extreme delusion to believe there is no God and everything happened by accident.
Re: Does An Atheist Has More Faith Than A Christain? by manmustwac(m): 8:55am On Oct 11, 2009
KunleOshob:

@Post
I agree it actually takes more faith to the point of extreme delusion to believe there is no God and everything happened by accident.
And as far am concerned the whole concept that an old whiteman with a grey beard created the Heavens and the Earth in 6 days is a fairytale.
Re: Does An Atheist Has More Faith Than A Christain? by KunleOshob(m): 9:06am On Oct 11, 2009
manmustwac:

It dosen't take faith it takes good reasoning and logic. Someone who can think outside the box
If my posts on this forum are anything to go by you would realize i am a christian who thinks outside the box. Whilst it is pardonable for one not to believe in relgion, it is unfathomable why anyone would believe there is no creator and it takes an extreme level of faith to hold on to that delusion.
Re: Does An Atheist Has More Faith Than A Christain? by Nimshi: 9:21am On Oct 11, 2009
Whilst it is pardonable for one not to believe in relgion, it is unfathomable why anyone would believe there is no creator and it takes an extreme level of faith to hold on to that delusion.

The certainty of this opinion is frightening.

There're good reasons to not believe in a Creator God; one of them is quite elementary. Yet, there're reasons to believe there's a Creator. To refer to those in the former as deluded is quite a stretch; it is the undoing of the faithful: that certainty.

Re: Does An Atheist Has More Faith Than A Christain? by sexyLeamon(f): 11:01am On Oct 11, 2009
I just do not understand this topic

(1) (Reply)

“i Am Coming!” Part Xxxi (message From Lord Jesus Through Susan; Dec 27, 2010). / Message Delivered By Lord Jesus To Susan & Sabrina (july 19 & 20, 2011) / Sharia Law Comes To London

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.