Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,781 members, 7,827,884 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 06:31 PM

Nigeria’s Inflation Rate For August Hits 17.6% - NBS - Business (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Nigeria’s Inflation Rate For August Hits 17.6% - NBS (12175 Views)

Nassarawa, Delta, Ebonyi, Sokoto And Niger Have The Highest Food Inflation rate / Nigeria's Inflation Rate Rises Less Than Forecast / Nigeria’s Inflation Rate Hits 16.5%, Highest Point Since 2005 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria’s Inflation Rate For August Hits 17.6% - NBS by Nobody: 3:58pm On Sep 16, 2016
kernel504:

I guess it was Jonathan that handed leadership over to Buhari during the 80s when he first landed Nigeria into recession.
Was he the same reason why it took him 6 months to nominate ministers?
Are you a graduate?
how can I be a graduate? When actually what I wrote negated what ur prejudicial mind expected. Pls dont quote me to talk nonsense.
Re: Nigeria’s Inflation Rate For August Hits 17.6% - NBS by DabuIIIT: 3:59pm On Sep 16, 2016
megawax8:

You had to quote me and the long post ba? angry angry angry
pardon,cap't.
Re: Nigeria’s Inflation Rate For August Hits 17.6% - NBS by columbus007(m): 4:04pm On Sep 16, 2016
freshvine:
BUHARI promised he'll fight corruption. He didn't say he'll improve the economy. It was Jonathan shouting up and down during the campaign that he'll sustain the economy
sup,this comment turns my belle,dont do this again thanks in advance cool

1 Like

Re: Nigeria’s Inflation Rate For August Hits 17.6% - NBS by Nobody: 4:14pm On Sep 16, 2016
Just watch!!! In the next few days, this guy is going to release another press statement telling you of some improvement in some other area no body is witnessing.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria’s Inflation Rate For August Hits 17.6% - NBS by kings09(m): 4:19pm On Sep 16, 2016
nototribalist:
Why is Buhari so wicked
Ask ngeneunkwenu, funkymetahuman, madridguy, aresa n their likes. bn a while I saw omenka n progressive01. abi hunger don finish dem?

1 Like

Re: Nigeria’s Inflation Rate For August Hits 17.6% - NBS by bishop4life(m): 4:19pm On Sep 16, 2016
frenchwine:

Ah oga no vex, it's open. We can volunteer the most troublesome zombie among them

is it O....a?
Re: Nigeria’s Inflation Rate For August Hits 17.6% - NBS by Nobody: 5:18pm On Sep 16, 2016
bishop4life:

is it O....a?
Lol, that wan na bad omen for the students wey go use the book

1 Like

Re: Nigeria’s Inflation Rate For August Hits 17.6% - NBS by nototribalist: 5:25pm On Sep 16, 2016
kings09:
Ask ngeneunkwenu, funkymetahuman, madridguy, aresa n their likes. bn a while I saw omenka n progressive01. abi hunger don finish dem?
I pray it finish them

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria’s Inflation Rate For August Hits 17.6% - NBS by tiwiex(m): 5:33pm On Sep 16, 2016
frenchwine:

Bros they're doing their job. If e pain you, chuk head inside sand
Re-basing of the economy at the time was based on the inclusion of some sectors that were not properly captured in tha past. One of those was the telecom sector which you would agree is quite a huge contribution. I think the aviation too had not been properly captured with new inputs. It was not based on fraud. It was to capture a true picture of activities within our economy. This would aide investors in seeing opportunities where they are. We have over 100M phone subscribers. How many do they have in Ghana or even SA? How much was that contributing? Including all the cottage industries along its value chain?

We lost that position due to poor monetary policies over the last one year as exchange rate for the dollar has doubled thereby halving the dollar value of our GDP. As much as some people called it a marketing ploy or fake bragging, it was the sensibe economic thing to do at the time. More like telling people our statistics was better than what you see. Did it help our economy? Yes it did. Investors respond to good news which we were dishing out in plenty. Why do you think stock prices of company stocks fall even when subtle things like a CEO leaves? Did Buhari's preaching that we are very corrupt help investors stay? Did the delay in appointing ministers help? Look at BREXIT. How long did it take their government to appoint ministers? Less than a week after.

Investors and businesses don't have time for indecision as it leads to instability. The rush to convert to dollar and run out happened alot in the period we had no direction and no ministers (not sure we have any now). With that kind of pressure on forex, what would happen to dollar prices. The previous government failed us in saving but this government took faulty economic decisions to a dangerous level. But sadly, they have GEJ to blame for every problem.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria’s Inflation Rate For August Hits 17.6% - NBS by ibietela2(m): 5:35pm On Sep 16, 2016
frenchwine:
I remember when we were taught inflation in SS2 ECONS, there was no ready example for galloping inflation.
I hope the available ECONS textbooks are revised soon. The front page should have the pictures of Buhari, Tinubu, Oshinbajo, Emefiele , Adeosun and one NL zombie

You mean Nairaland economist NgeneUkwenu?

1 Like

Re: Nigeria’s Inflation Rate For August Hits 17.6% - NBS by ibietela2(m): 5:37pm On Sep 16, 2016
freshvine:
BUHARI promised he'll fight corruption. He didn't say he'll improve the economy. It was Jonathan shouting up and down during the campaign that he'll sustain the economy

So Jonathan should have remained the president while Buhari the EFCC chairman?
Re: Nigeria’s Inflation Rate For August Hits 17.6% - NBS by Nobody: 6:09pm On Sep 16, 2016
tiwiex:

Re-basing of the economy at the time was based on the inclusion of some sectors that were not properly captured in tha past. One of those was the telecom sector which you would agree is quite a huge contribution. I think the aviation too had not been properly captured with new inputs. It was not based on fraud. It was to capture a true picture of activities within our economy. This would aide investors in seeing opportunities where they are. We have over 100M phone subscribers. How many do they have in Ghana or even SA? How much was that contributing? Including all the cottage industries along its value chain?

We lost that position due to poor monetary policies over the last one year as exchange rate for the dollar has doubled thereby halving the dollar value of our GDP. As much as some people called it a marketing ploy or fake bragging, it was the sensibe economic thing to do at the time. More like telling people our statistics was better than what you see. Did it help our economy? Yes it did. Investors respond to good news which we were dishing out in plenty. Why do you think stock prices of company stocks fall even when subtle things like a CEO leaves? Did Buhari's preaching that we are very corrupt help investors stay? Did the delay in appointing ministers help? Look at BREXIT. How long did it take their government to appoint ministers? Less than a week after.

Investors and businesses don't have time for indecision as it leads to instability. The rush to convert to dollar and run out happened alot in the period we had no direction and no ministers (not sure we have any now). With that kind of pressure on forex, what would happen to dollar prices. The previous government failed us in saving but this government took faulty economic decisions to a dangerous level. But sadly, they have GEJ to blame for every problem.
Very apt explanation, I feel you broh

1 Like

Re: Nigeria’s Inflation Rate For August Hits 17.6% - NBS by Nobody: 6:11pm On Sep 16, 2016
ibietela2:

You mean Nairaland economist NgeneUkwenu?
Nah, that wan would spoil the pics jor. Students would have a phobia for ECONS with such face at the front cover.
Maybe we can use hers for back cover grin

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria’s Inflation Rate For August Hits 17.6% - NBS by ibietela2(m): 6:14pm On Sep 16, 2016
frenchwine:

Nah, that wan would spoil the pics jor. Students would have a phobia for ECONS with such face at the front cover.
Maybe we can use hers for back cover grin

You mean his?

1 Like

Re: Nigeria’s Inflation Rate For August Hits 17.6% - NBS by Nobody: 6:36pm On Sep 16, 2016
ibietela2:

You mean his?
Well, if she is a he, then by all means, "his" grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria’s Inflation Rate For August Hits 17.6% - NBS by BlindAngel: 6:43pm On Sep 16, 2016
freshvine:
God forbid bad thing, what kind of human are you... Spits... Tufiakwa
Re: Nigeria’s Inflation Rate For August Hits 17.6% - NBS by Nobody: 7:18pm On Sep 16, 2016
God punish Buhari. Until we buy a cup of rice N250 in this country, that is when we'll know how foolish the idiot who calls himself president is.
Re: Nigeria’s Inflation Rate For August Hits 17.6% - NBS by isnovic(m): 10:25pm On Sep 16, 2016
A sad reflection on the type of schooling we receive.

No creativity, no innovative ideas to turn around the southward economic indices.

.........alas we are on a free fall, hope we hit terminal velocity soon
Re: Nigeria’s Inflation Rate For August Hits 17.6% - NBS by jude90(m): 11:19pm On Sep 16, 2016
we warned them but they didn't listen instead they said we did not vote him because of hate, now everyone have seen why the 5% refuse to vote him. I like what is happening so that next time we will listen to voice of reason not tribe, religion or hate to vote.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Dollar 2 Crash Further As Cbn Reiterate Determination To Sustain Forex Liquidity / Corporate Affairs Commission Public Database / Enter Here If You Want To Make up to 100,000 naira Before Xmas.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.