Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,970 members, 7,821,395 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 12:25 PM

How To Get A Job Through Networking – Tokunbo Fasoro - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / How To Get A Job Through Networking – Tokunbo Fasoro (13103 Views)

I Got A Job Through Debbie And Nairaland On The 14th Of February / First And Second Job Through Nairaland, Resume Today / How To Get A Job Through Networking – Tokunbo Fasoro (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To Get A Job Through Networking – Tokunbo Fasoro by BISolutionsng: 11:44am On Sep 16, 2016
“The job you want may not be advertised at all” I remember at some point in my life, I took sometime time off work to have my baby and was ready to get back to work . One day I was with a neighbor, while chatting I mentioned that I was ready to get back to work. A few days later she called me and asked me if I was interested in a role. She said to me that the position just opened in an organization she was presently handling a project for, that the MD just mentioned it to her. She immediately told the MD about me and I was scheduled for an interview and that was how I got the job. “The job was never advertised, my network got me the job”

Lots of times, many jobs are not advertised. People get jobs through referrals all the time. You just might know someone that knows someone that can get you that dream job. Social media have connected lots of people together, you definitely will have people in your network you have not seen years, some may just be acquaintances, old classmates, colleagues etc, there will be definitely someone on that list that can help you or know someone who can. The Blackberry and Whatsapp broadcast have become very popular in Nigeria and many organizations and employers advertise via social media and also by the word of mouth these days.

Here are a few tips on how to get a job through Networking

Draw up your network: Make a list of the people in your network, from family members to neighbors, friends, colleagues, church members, old classmates and even acquaintances on social media. See……… you know lots of people, and these people can connect you to more people who have an available job connection or know of one.
Reach Out: After drawing up your network, start-making contact with the people in your network let them know you are seeking a job. How will they know if you don’t tell them? Be specific on the kind of job and ask them if they know anyone in a relevant field. You just will be amazed at who they know. You can start with people who like you and endorse your abilities, character and track record.
Build Relationships: Networking is about building relationships, making connections, sharing information, and reaching out to people. IT IS NOT ABOUT WHAT YOU WILL GET OUT OF IT. If you go in with that parasitic mindset, believe me, people will sniff out your ulterior motive a mile away!! If this process is done properly, the benefits come after. Just make sure you are real, considerate and you have done a proper research on what you want so you can respond to inquisitions with ease and confidence.
Take time to maintain your network: Do not get what you want and take off. Maintain the relationship; you just might not know where you will need them again.
Give Back: Networking is a two way street, don’t always be a taker, always look for an opportunity to give back. A thank you note, asking about their families and supporting their accomplishments, life events and activities go a long way in cementing these relationships. You can also visit occasionally to see how they are doing.
Everyone has a significantly influential network, you just need to identify yours and service it right for it to serve you right.

The most important professional outing we do is networking.

Tokunbo Fasoro

http://biempowerment.com/2016/09/16/get-job-networking-tokunbo-fasoro-2/

15 Likes 6 Shares

Re: How To Get A Job Through Networking – Tokunbo Fasoro by Jayden080(m): 1:34pm On Sep 16, 2016
Nice one. TK....

1 Like

Re: How To Get A Job Through Networking – Tokunbo Fasoro by bumzel89(f): 2:53pm On Sep 16, 2016
Very nice piece. So let me start my own networking...
M.sc microbiology, terribly desperately searching for a job.....Thanks in advance

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: How To Get A Job Through Networking – Tokunbo Fasoro by Nobody: 4:13pm On Sep 16, 2016
B.sc Biochemistry. seriously searching for job... I don't mind the pay

2 Likes

Re: How To Get A Job Through Networking – Tokunbo Fasoro by Reubenxtra(m): 5:30pm On Sep 16, 2016
studied urban and regional planning, i'm an experienced customer service personnel, sales executive,business development and marketing executive..my email is habureu80@gmail.com
Re: How To Get A Job Through Networking – Tokunbo Fasoro by Tobbey(m): 7:13pm On Sep 16, 2016
Msc accounting . Tobbysam247@gmail.com
Thanks
Re: How To Get A Job Through Networking – Tokunbo Fasoro by Tkayhandsome(m): 2:56am On Sep 17, 2016
Nice. Banking here
Re: How To Get A Job Through Networking – Tokunbo Fasoro by beautiful232(f): 6:55am On Sep 17, 2016
this is so nice
Thanks
Re: How To Get A Job Through Networking – Tokunbo Fasoro by nony43(m): 6:55am On Sep 17, 2016
Nice write up
Re: How To Get A Job Through Networking – Tokunbo Fasoro by femi4: 6:55am On Sep 17, 2016
MMM
Re: How To Get A Job Through Networking – Tokunbo Fasoro by jeeqaa7(m): 6:56am On Sep 17, 2016
does this work? yes it does ....

i guess this post did not advertise an opening so all ya posting your cv up here ... create your own network and search for a job there ...
nigerians and opportunities ... na wao

in other news .. nairalander shades linda ikeji.. awaits her response

https://www.nairaland.com/3354203/excellence-over-mediocrity#49430552
Re: How To Get A Job Through Networking – Tokunbo Fasoro by espn(m): 7:02am On Sep 17, 2016
B.SC Economics..I have a Job..Though networking is still allowed.. The problem is people wait to get a job in there field of studies..It doesn't work that way..

2 Likes

Re: How To Get A Job Through Networking – Tokunbo Fasoro by ChemicalMallam(m): 7:02am On Sep 17, 2016
s
Re: How To Get A Job Through Networking – Tokunbo Fasoro by Jalubarika(m): 7:04am On Sep 17, 2016
Many of us are good at making friends but not Clients.
We're so carried away by the friend thing than forgetting they need to lend a help.
Thanks Op. I will filter my friends, Add contacts that could add value and help my Situation.
Don't mind the attached Pix

Re: How To Get A Job Through Networking – Tokunbo Fasoro by neksummi(m): 7:07am On Sep 17, 2016
Good write up

Be Your Own Boss!
Re: How To Get A Job Through Networking – Tokunbo Fasoro by Tonymegabush1(m): 7:08am On Sep 17, 2016
B.Sc psychology. currently abt to pass out 4rm service

tnx in advance
Re: How To Get A Job Through Networking – Tokunbo Fasoro by hawk05(m): 7:12am On Sep 17, 2016
I tire.. Spill over student due to my "HI".. B.Sc Statistics.. Connect me before I graduate o.. Baba God call helper to pick my call.
Re: How To Get A Job Through Networking – Tokunbo Fasoro by nymphomaniac(m): 7:12am On Sep 17, 2016
Very nice post op networking is so important especially among lawyers....

By the way, llb law, BL in view. Very good at corporate and property law practice Any lawyer with a job for me? Email iwelumojude@gmail.com
Re: How To Get A Job Through Networking – Tokunbo Fasoro by omoadeleye(m): 7:27am On Sep 17, 2016
Uh.
Re: How To Get A Job Through Networking – Tokunbo Fasoro by Nobody: 7:27am On Sep 17, 2016
Nice post Op, I read history I need a job in either Ibadan, ilorin, Osogbo or lagos.
Re: How To Get A Job Through Networking – Tokunbo Fasoro by BARAJ92(m): 7:36am On Sep 17, 2016
BISolutionsng:
“The job you want may not be advertised at all” I remember at some point in m

Here are a few tips on how to get a job through Networking

Draw up your network: Make a list of the p
Reach Out: After drawing up your network, You can start with people who like you and endorse your abilities, character and track record.
Build Relationships: Networking is about building relationship
Take time to maintain your network:
Give Back:
Everyone has a significantly influential net
The most important professional outing we do is networking.

Tokunbo Fasoro

http://biempowerment.com/2016/09/16/get-job-networking-tokunbo-fasoro-2/
Nice Write up,True words. I need any organization that I can work as an Accounting Intern, I don't mind any pay for now as I really need to gather some experience before completing my ICAN Examination.
Re: How To Get A Job Through Networking – Tokunbo Fasoro by cassidy1996(m): 7:37am On Sep 17, 2016
Electrical/electronic Engineer (COREN)
Re: How To Get A Job Through Networking – Tokunbo Fasoro by Godfullsam(m): 7:38am On Sep 17, 2016
Bsc economics abiodunsamuel025@gmail.com.

Thanks
Re: How To Get A Job Through Networking – Tokunbo Fasoro by Bamz(m): 7:51am On Sep 17, 2016
BISolutionsng:

Reach Out: After drawing up your network, start-making contact with the people in your network let them know you are seeking a job. How will they know if you don’t tell them? Be specific on the kind of job and ask them if they know anyone in a relevant field. You just will be amazed at who they know.

Yes be very specific, and draw out business areas you're interested in or that you fit in.

Others:
Read more books on networking. If you're looking for a job, please keep your mind active. Usually it's acquaintances that have a larger social circle than yours (and not necessarily relatives) that provide key opportunities.

LinkedIn groups are good too. I'm in 3+ active LinkedIn groups. There is a job and discussion session. Participate, learn more about stuff related to your career. "Talent is what you naturally, skill is only developed by hours and hours and hours of beating on your craft." Anon.

Volunteer for goodness sake's, and at the end of it all, keep in touch with senior management. PS. My brother got a job via this means.

1 Like

Re: How To Get A Job Through Networking – Tokunbo Fasoro by trueking: 7:52am On Sep 17, 2016
Not interested, am the boss already.

1 Like

Re: How To Get A Job Through Networking – Tokunbo Fasoro by kennyblaze007(m): 8:30am On Sep 17, 2016
I am currently looking for an OAP job...You can reach me via my email kenkely1@gmail.com...Or my number 08163982264
Re: How To Get A Job Through Networking – Tokunbo Fasoro by Sammyblaq(m): 8:32am On Sep 17, 2016
This is good. I got touched. Good circle pays.
Awaiting my own turn though.
Re: How To Get A Job Through Networking – Tokunbo Fasoro by Chiscomax(m): 8:40am On Sep 17, 2016
Bamz:

Yes be very specific, and draw out business areas you're interested in or that you fit in.

Others:
Read more books on networking. If you're looking for a job, please keep your mind active. Usually it's acquaintances that have a larger social circle than yours (and not necessarily relatives) that provide key opportunities.

LinkedIn groups are good too. I'm in 3+ active LinkedIn groups. There is a job and discussion session. Participate, learn more about stuff related to your career. "Talent is what you naturally, skill is only developed by hours and hours and hours of beating on your craft." Anon.

Volunteer for goodness sake's, and at the end of it all, keep in touch with senior management. PS. My brother got a job via this means.

For how long did he volunteer?
Re: How To Get A Job Through Networking – Tokunbo Fasoro by HMZi: 8:41am On Sep 17, 2016
Read it,enjoyed it,will try it.
Re: How To Get A Job Through Networking – Tokunbo Fasoro by Chuksemi(m): 9:16am On Sep 17, 2016
Ok.
Re: How To Get A Job Through Networking – Tokunbo Fasoro by cephassugg: 9:25am On Sep 17, 2016
Earn $1500 for adding $5000 to cephas group land etc sales team thanks please 07030497689 coy account akamobi cosmas uba 2022095488
Re: How To Get A Job Through Networking – Tokunbo Fasoro by kenigwe18: 9:25am On Sep 17, 2016
Such a pity pple dont knw that

(1) (2) (Reply)

Tricks Job Agents Use In Defrauding You (with Picture) / Fadac Resources Latest Job Recruitment (19 Positions) / Lecturing In Federal Universities

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.