Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,433 members, 7,812,289 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 11:14 AM

Recommend Books On How To Hear From God - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Recommend Books On How To Hear From God (2005 Views)

How To Hear The Voice Of The Lord God Almighty / How To Ask And Receive From God Always / Life Changing Books On Generals In God's Kingdom (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Recommend Books On How To Hear From God by IntrovertXtian: 1:55pm On Sep 16, 2016
Please, I'm in dire need of this. I want to deepen my relationship with God and want to be able to hear him audibly.

Kindly recommend books that can help me, books that YOU MUST HAVE READ or someone else has read and can attest to its relevance.

By 'YOU MUST HAVE READ', I simply want relatable experience. There are so many when one searches via the internet but I want personal/experiential reviews/testimonies

Thank you so much.
Re: Recommend Books On How To Hear From God by chieveboy(m): 7:08pm On Sep 16, 2016
Try this
www.spiritualexperience.org/

Also whet your appetite on the things of God and people's experience with the Holy Spirit of God here

www.Eckankarblog.org
Re: Recommend Books On How To Hear From God by Nobody: 7:24pm On Sep 16, 2016
The Holy Bible alone. Don't not get deceived or you may mislead. What other voice of God do you want to hear when countless of His words are in the Holy Bible. Read the bible, live a holy life and the Holy Spirit will remind you of God's words and help you speak new once through you.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Recommend Books On How To Hear From God by trapQ: 8:15pm On Sep 16, 2016
IntrovertXtian

Pls read "how to be led by the holy spirit" by Kenneth Hagin

3 Likes

Re: Recommend Books On How To Hear From God by fleps(m): 11:21pm On Sep 16, 2016
Hmm. You shall surely find one.

When a mod is kind enough to push this to front page.

Maybe Lala dey wait for Sunday to come
Re: Recommend Books On How To Hear From God by Phytoptera: 1:23am On Sep 17, 2016
Is a good thing ure searching for, but my advice is that you dont seek the audible voice but the instill voice and inner witness. It is not scriptural for you to demand God to speak to you audibly, but it is your scriptural right to hear Him in your spirit and inward witness cuz the HolY Ghost dwell in your spirit. The only way He can communicate to you is through your conscience which is the voice of your spirit. There is one sure book i will advice you to read, he spoke extensively using the bible to back up his teachings. The book is following God's plan for your life by kenneth E Hagin. Mak sure u buy it u wount regret it i assure u.

1 Like

Re: Recommend Books On How To Hear From God by oaroloye(m): 11:25am On Sep 17, 2016
SHALOM!

IntrovertXtian:
Please, I'm in dire need of this. I want to deepen my relationship with God and want to be able to hear him audibly.

Kindly recommend books that can help me, books that YOU MUST HAVE READ or someone else has read and can attest to its relevance.

By 'YOU MUST HAVE READ', I simply want relatable experience. There are so many when one searches via the internet but I want personal/experiential reviews/testimonies

Thank you so much.

DON'T WASTE YOUR TIME ON THAT CRAP.

You will hear The Voice of God, when you are WORTHY to hear The Voice of God- AND NOT A MOMENT BEFORE.

Do not envy the ILLEGITIMATE FOOLS, who tell you that they CHAT with The Lord, like they were phoning their MATE; they are LYING.

IF YOU HAVE LEGITIMATE NEEDS, INTRODUCE YOURSELF HONESTLY, SO THAT WE KNOW WHAT LEVEL WE CAN INTERACT ON.

What sort of Christian are you?

Since how long have you been a Christian?

What sort of Church do you go to, that they teach Blindness to read The Bible for yourself?

Oral Roberts once prayed to know: "How can I know Jesus?"
He was answered: "READ MATTHEW, MARK, LUKE, JOHN, and The Book of ACTS-
THREE TIMES IN THIRTY DAYS!"

He did it on his knees.
At the end of the thirty days, he testified that he now
knew Jesus "better than he knew any man on the Face of The Earth!"

-Kenneth Copeland.

Anybody who does not do that- IMMEDIATELY- will likely never succeed as a CHRISTIAN.

"MOST CHRISTIANS FEED THEIR BODIES
THREE HOT MEALS PER DAY,
AND THEIR SOULS-
-ONE COLD SNACK PER WEEK-
- AND THEN WONDER WHY
THEY HAVE NO FAITH FOR HEALING!"

. - F.F. Bosworth.
Re: Recommend Books On How To Hear From God by IntrovertXtian: 3:26pm On Sep 17, 2016
oaroloye:
SHALOM!

DON'T WASTE YOUR TIME ON THAT CRAP.

You will hear The Voice of God, when you are WORTHY to hear The Voice of God- AND NOT A MOMENT BEFORE.

Do not envy the ILLEGITIMATE FOOLS, who tell you that they CHAT with The Lord, like they were phoning their MATE; they are LYING.

IF YOU HAVE LEGITIMATE NEEDS, INTRODUCE YOURSELF HONESTLY, SO THAT WE KNOW WHAT LEVEL WE CAN INTERACT ON.

What sort of Christian are you?

Since how long have you been a Christian?

What sort of Church do you go to, that they teach Blindness to read The Bible for yourself?

Anybody who does not do that- IMMEDIATELY- will likely never succeed as a CHRISTIAN.

@ the bolded, I was making sense out of your write-up until you had to bring the issue of church into all these

Please, @ everyone, I do not understand the fuss about me just wanting to read good books to improve myself and development myself with the help of the Holy Spirit.

@oaroloye the quote you made of Kenneth Copeland and F.F. Bosworth, did you go meet them to listen to them make those words?

I bet you read it from a book or copied it from a post made by someone who must have read it from a book or from a website owned by someone who must have read it from a book!

Why? Why does it seem it is a crime that I decided to read a book? Why does it seem to you that the church I attend is giving me spiritual blindness?

Can't one simply ask for a simple recommendation for a book to read? Must I lay bare my qualifications in the spirit or boast about my walk with God or say who I am here and there and what I have done before you render genuine help?

I SIMPLY WANT TO IMPROVE MYSELF MORE!!!

I have read books!

I hear and listen to the voice of GOD!

I have completed the books of the gospel severally (Matthew, Mark, Luke and John) and ACTS of the Apostles! In fact I just concluded it again and got fresh revelations! The Acts of the Apostles came to be because the Apostles ACTED!!! As a Christian, I have to ACT. And at the beginning of that Book, the great commission laid foundation to the ACTS... so, I've got to ACT and PREACH the WORD!!!

Now I am unto the book of MARK AGAIN!!! Glory to God

I don't just understand

Do you expect me to say all I have read or done or books I have read before you make a simple recommendation?

The LORD speaks in diverse ways... I believe there is MORE! Oh, I simply want to know more and deepen my knowledge in Christ by reading what other servants of God have to say about the area I seek more knowledge on. There may be something the Lord wants me to get from it.

Come on! Every son of the Most High is WORTHY to hear the voice of GOD

You ask for my qualifications before you make a simple recommendation?

You do not need to know the church I go to. To me, that's more religion. A personal relationship with God is what counts irrespective of your church

"Since when have I been a christian"? does not even come into the question. Any advice you want to give, please do give. You can be inspired to as well put it in a book, I will buy and more people will be blessed

I spend quality time with the LORD every blessed morning before setting out for the day. I digest and pray His word

Biko, I wonder why we want to take exams, read textbooks, get professional qualifications and go for trainings for our jobs and careers when we can simply rely on what we know from the university and never improve ourselves but when we come to the things of God, we just don't want to expand the frontiers of our walk with, and work for, this Great God

I am not a baby in the Lord sir. I just want to KNOW and LEARN more! There is MORE!

I am humble unto the Lord and want to learn at His feet.

My exploits as School Fellowship Organising Secretary, NCCF Zonal President, Youth Choir Director this and that titles upon titles upon titles and the likes that may excite you are nothing to the Lord and simply does not guarantee that I HAVE KNOWN ALL

I simply want to know more.

1 Like

Re: Recommend Books On How To Hear From God by IntrovertXtian: 3:47pm On Sep 17, 2016
Phytoptera:
Is a good thing ure searching for, but my advice is that you don't seek the audible voice but the instil voice and inner witness. It is not scriptural for you to demand God to speak to you audibly, but it is your scriptural right to hear Him in your spirit and inward witness cuz the HolY Ghost dwell in your spirit. The only way He can communicate to you is through your conscience which is the voice of your spirit. There is one sure book i will advice you to read, he spoke extensively using the bible to back up his teachings. The book is following God's plan for your life by kenneth E Hagin. Make sure u buy it u wont regret it i assure u.

@Bolded 1

Thank you sir for the advice. But it is just like telling me I should stop at secondary school or not continue in learning after my University.

@Bolded 2 & 3
Sir, I do not agree because I am not demanding God to speak to me audibly. I said I want to HEAR God audibly! The audibility is from my end and not God's. Surely, God speaks AUDIBLY every time but most times we as His children do not HEAR Him audibly because of distractions here and there. Even if we can hear God audibly, I believe there are still dimensions; dimensions that are even teachable and impactable.

@Bolded 4
Thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you.

God bless you greatly
Re: Recommend Books On How To Hear From God by IntrovertXtian: 3:53pm On Sep 17, 2016
Jesuobu:
The Holy Bible alone. Don't not get deceived or you may mislead. What other voice of God do you want to hear when countless of His words are in the Holy Bible. Read the bible, live a holy life and the Holy Spirit will remind you of God's words and help you speak new once through you.

Thank you sir!

But like the rich man that asked Jesus what he must do to inherit the eternal life, Jesus told him the normal which he said he has done and then Jesus told him MORE!
Re: Recommend Books On How To Hear From God by Nobody: 4:26pm On Sep 17, 2016
IntrovertXtian:

Thank you sir!

But like the rich man that asked Jesus what he must do to inherit the eternal life, Jesus told him the normal which he said he has done and then Jesus told him MORE!
meaning? Jesus told him to go and sell his properties and give it to the poor and didn't tell him to go searching for God's voice.

Believe me, any ear that hears God's voice will damage . You can only hear the voice of the Holy Spirit and it's almost a voiceless sound which you can only perceive when you're alone and in a serene environment.

2 Likes

Re: Recommend Books On How To Hear From God by IntrovertXtian: 5:50pm On Sep 17, 2016
Jesuobu:
meaning? Jesus told him to go and sell his properties and give it to the poor and didn't tell him to go searching for God's voice.

Believe me, any ear that hears God's voice will damage . You can only hear the voice of the Holy Spirit and it's almost a voiceless sound which you can only perceive when you're alone and in a serene environment.

Exactly sir!

I do not mean the literal God's voice. I just made an allusion

What I meant is that, on the surface, Jesus would not have told him the other part immediately, IF the man did not inquire more.

Please, sir, understand that the man could have just left and be content and happy with himself that he has done what needs to be done (which is right) to inherit eternal life. But he knew there is more and made further statements that made Jesus tell me the real deal.

Most Christians are content with the shallow knowledge of God and of His power! But that may not be enough to fire the next generation coming before us. THERE IS MORE!

If great men like Adeboye and Oyedepo during the days of their youth read and prayed the word as well affected and are still affecting this generation, how much more we?

Do you think great men like Kumuyi and Bro Gbile despite how much they know the word still do not read books by other authors? THAT IS THE MORE!!! They constantly read and digest the word and still know more about God daily...

Thanks for the reply. God bless you

1 Like

Re: Recommend Books On How To Hear From God by IntrovertXtian: 6:02pm On Sep 17, 2016
Permit me to share this, Sirs/Mas. Maybe there will be more understanding why I still want to read books despite feeding on the word. Please, take note of the bolded

"Iron sharpens iron. So, look for the kind of person that sharpens you.

Beware who you call your friend. Friendship is by choice and not by force. And friendship is not for fun. In the late 70's and early 80's, when believers met each other, their mode of greeting was, 'How are you,brother? Have you heard about the Welsh revival? Did you read about Evan Roberts? I saw something in 'Herald of His Coming' that just shook me. I read something about Smith Wigglesworth. Did you hear that John Hyde stained the walls of his room with the breath of his prayer? I read that Maria Woodworth Ether was approaching a place to preach and fifty miles from the place where she was, people were falling under the anointing..."

Those were the kinds of things we said to each other. When you heard it, it set you ablaze. Your friend might say to you, 'When I read that, I locked up myself for ten hours. I did not come out'. And you look at him, 'You said how many hours? I will see you later!' You just go into the room and lock yourself up: 'What! What am I doing with my life?' And you go on and on.

That was how we sharpened each other in those days. Iron sharpeneth iron! We learned of William Booth of the Salvation Army. We learned of Charles G. Finney riding a horse through town and everyone was crying for his or her sins... We read of D.L Moody: They said, 'God is looking for a man to use, and he is looking for a man that will not care who takes the glory.' D.L. Moody, a shoe maker, said, 'By the grace of God, I will be that man'... When you read that, it sets you on fire. And if you heard it from someone who read it from somewhere and shared it with you, you would be sharpened. That was how we sharpened each other.

Today, it is different. When two pastors meet, you hear things like, 'Pastor, how is the church building? Have you finished it now? I like this neck tie of yours; where did you buy it from? This wristwatch is powerful! Who helped you to get this car? Can you assist me to get the car also? Ilike it! Your suit is powerful. Is it ready-made or someone sewed it? Who is your barber? I like the way you cut your hair.' These the vanities believers discuss these days - things of no eternal consequences.

It is very rare before you can come into the presence of a servant of God and leave edified. We rarely hear that a person went to see a man of God, a real man of God and left there challenged, with his soul set on fire. It is very very rare. My heart yearns for those days... A brother would read a book that changed his life and he would share the inspiration: Have you seen Smith Wigglesworth 'Apostle of Faith'? You need to read it. John G. Lake's 'Adventure in God'? You need to read it. Leonard Ravenhill's 'Why Revival Tarries'? 'Sodom had no Bible'? What about E.M. Bounds 'The Power of Prayer'? Charles Spurgeons 'His Power in Us'? E.W Kenyon's 'Two Kinds of Faith'?, A.W Tozer's 'In
Pursuit of God'? Oswald J. Smiths 'The Man God Uses'?

Those were qualitative materials that we advertised and used to change our lives...

Who is it that is sharpening you? Who are the people around you sharpening your life? Please, watch your company. Some pastors had more fire until they entered the circle of friends they are in today. Watch the persons you call friends. Iron sharpens iron. Nothing sharpens iron like iron."
Re: Recommend Books On How To Hear From God by oaroloye(m): 6:46pm On Sep 17, 2016
IntrovertXtian:

@ the bolded, I was making sense out of your write-up until you had to bring the issue of church into all these

Please, @ everyone, I do not understand the fuss about me just wanting to read good books to improve myself and development myself with the help of the Holy Spirit.

NO. That is clearly NOT what you want.

. JOHN 7:14-19.

14. Now about the midst of the Feast Jesus went up into the midst of the Temple, and Taught.
15. And the Jews marvelled, saying,
"How knoweth this man letters, having never learned?!
16. Jesus answered them,
"My Doctrine is not mine, but His Who sent me.
17. "If any man will do His Will, he shall know of the Doctrine, whether It be of God, or (whether) I speak of myself.
18. "He that speaketh of himself seeketh his own glory: but he that seeketh His Glory That sent him, the same is True, and no Unrighteousness is in him.
19. "Did not Moses give you The Law, and (yet) none of you keepeth The Law? Why go ye about to kill me?"

IF YOU WANTED TO KNOW YAHSHUA, YOU WOULD KNOW THAT I HAD DELIVERED YOU A MESSAGE FROM GOD.

Since you do NOT want to DO The Will of God, you are like:

"WHAT'S HE TALKING ABOUT?"

@oaroloye the quote you made of Kenneth Copeland and F.F. Bosworth, did you go meet them to listen to them make those words?

WHO GIVES A SHIT?

They said those things.

I bet you read it from a book or copied it from a post made by someone who must have read it from a book or from a website owned by someone who must have read it from a book!

The Chinese have a Proverb about fools like you:

"WHEN THE WISE MAN POINTS AT THE MOON,
THE FOOL EXAMINES HIS FINGER!"
- Confucius.

You were told to read through the whole GOSPEL and ACTS.

It was explained to you, that YOU MUST FEED YOUR SOUL- at least as well as you feed your BODY.

"The Pilgrim came up to the
ZEN Master, and said:

"I have been wanting to meet you,
so that I could ask you this one question:

'WHAT IS ZEN?' "

The Master DECKED him STRAIGHTAWAY!

The Pilgrim lay gaping speechless at this brutal mistreatment.

One of the Disciples leaned forward, and whispered helpfully:

"DON'T just LIE there- THANK the Master!"

Bemused, the Pilgrim complied....

[b]SUDDENLY, THE PILGRIM ACHIEVED ENLIGHTENMENT.

Why? Why does it seem it is a crime that I decided to read a book? Why does it seem to you that the church I attend is giving me spiritual blindness?

YOU HAVE BIBLES IN THAT YOUR CHURCH, DON'T YOU?

You did not read ANYTHING THERE about HOW TO KNOW GOD?

If you didn't, HOW COULD YOU HAVE MISSED IT?

. DEUTERONOMY 30:19-20.

19. I call Heaven and Earth to record this day against you, (that) I have set before you Life and Death, Blessing and Cursing: THEREFORE CHOOSE LIFE, that both thou and thy seed may live:
20. THAT THOU MAYEST LOVE
THE LORD THY GOD,
(AND) THAT THOU MAYEST
OBEY HIS VOICE,
AND THAT THOU MAYEST
CLEAVE UNTO HIM:
for HE IS THY LIFE,
AND THE LENGTH OF THY DAYS:
that thou mayest dwell
in the land which
The LORD sware
unto thy fathers,
to Abraham,
to Isaac,
and to Jacob,
to give them.

Can't one simply ask for a simple recommendation for a book to read?

NO.

Must I lay bare my qualifications in the spirit or boast about my walk with God or say who I am here and there and what I have done before you render genuine help?

YES.

I SIMPLY WANT TO IMPROVE MYSELF MORE!!!

YOU want.

Improve your SELF.

YOU THINK THAT THIS IS ABOUT FULFILLING YOUR DESIRES? FOR YOUR SELF?

I have read books!

EVERY ONE OF WHICH WAS USELESS!

I hear and listen to the voice of GOD!

NO, YOU DON'T.

If you had, He would have GUIDED you.

YOUR idea of a "VOICE OF GOD" is a Voice that only tells you USELESS THINGS.

If God Talks to you, WHY DOESN'T HE TELL YOU WHAT BOOKS TO READ?

Why doesn't HE just tell you EVERYTHING you WANT to know?

CAN YOU STOP DELUDING YOURSELF?

I have completed the books of the gospel severally (Matthew, Mark, Luke and John) and ACTS of the Apostles!

DID YOU READ THEM ALOUD?

It is IMPORTANT that you Read The Bible- for SOUL-FEEDING PURPOSES- ALOUD.

In fact I just concluded it again and got fresh revelations! The Acts of the Apostles came to be because the Apostles ACTED!!!

This will sound HILARIOUSLY FUNNY to the Unbelievers and Flat Christians here.

"He said that "THE BOOK IS CALLED "ACTS OF THE APOSTLES" BECAUSE... THE APOSTLES ACTED!" is a "BIG REVELATION!!!" Ha! Ha! Ha! CRAY-ZEE!!!"

NO. It is NOT.

To explain:

The "normal" person does NOT perceive THE WORLD.

The perceive Electrical Impulses from their NERVES in their BRAIN, and then translate THAT into an IMAGE of the World.

All this TAKE TIME- so that. Normal person does NOT perceive the WORLD, nor even the IMAGE of the World, but rather THE WORLD AS IT WAS when your SENSES registered it.

This generally takes TWO MILLISECONDS.

If you are a Normal person, you are separated from "WHAT'S GOING ON!" by 0.002 seconds.

What is very interesting is that this interval is not an absolute limit. It can be lengthened, and it can be shortened.

It can be reduced to ZERO.

REAL-TIME perception of the World!

If you DIED, you would expect to live on as a SPIRIT BEING- which you would expect to have its own senses- as you are used to.

So.... WHO SAID that you have to DIE, and LOSE YOUR PHYSICAL BODY before you get to use YOUR Spiritual Senses?

There are BARRIERS obstructing our Spiritual Awareness.

Some of them we made ourselves- for our perceived SELF-PROTECTION. Others were put there by SATAN-
for his OWN Protection.

When you Attack the Barriers, and one of them COLLAPSES- we PERCEIVE this as INSIGHT.

. MATTHEW 13:47-48.

47. "Again, The Kingdom of Heaven
is like unto a Net,
that was cast into the Sea,
and gathered of every kind:
48. "Which, when it was full,
they drew to shore,
and sat down,
and gathered the Good into vessels,
but cast the Bad away.
49. "So shall it be at the End of the World:
the Angels shall come forth,
and sever the Wicked
from among the Just,
50. And shall cast them
into The Furnace of Fire:
there shall be wailing
and gnashing of teeth."
51. Jesus saith unto them,
"Have ye understood all these things?"
They say unto him,
"Yea, Lord."
52. Then said he unto them,
"Therefore every scribe
which is instructed
unto The Kingdom of Heaven
is like unto a man
that is an householder,
which bringeth forth
out of his Treasure
Things new and old."

ONE FINDS NEW INSIGHTS INTO OLD DATA.

As a Christian, I have to ACT. And at the beginning of that Book, the great commission laid foundation to the ACTS... so, I've got to ACT and PREACH the WORD!!!

Now I am unto the book of MARK AGAIN!!! Glory to God

I don't just understand

Do you expect me to say all I have read or done or books I have read before you make a simple recommendation?

The LORD speaks in diverse ways... I believe there is MORE! Oh, I simply want to know more and deepen my knowledge in Christ by reading what other servants of God have to say about the area I seek more knowledge on. There may be something the Lord wants me to get from it.

You do not need to know the church I go to. To me, that's more religion. A personal relationship with God is what counts irrespective of your church

"Since when have I been a christian"? does not even come into the question. Any advice you want to give, please do give. You can be inspired to as well put it in a book, I will buy and more people will be blessed

I spend quality time with the LORD every blessed morning before setting out for the day. I digest and pray His word

Biko, I wonder why we want to take exams, read textbooks, get professional qualifications and go for trainings for our jobs and careers when we can simply rely on what we know from the university and never improve ourselves but when we come to the things of God, we just don't want to expand the frontiers of our walk with, and work for, this Great God

I am not a baby in the Lord sir. I just want to KNOW and LEARN more! There is MORE!

NO- YOU ARE NOT HUMBLE!

I gave you the instructions you NEEDED- and YOU did not implement the instructions, but continued to prattle nonsense!

You want to learn at the Lord's feet?

LESSON ONE: YOU DON'T GET TO DETERMINE WHERE "THE LORD'S FEET" ARE!

The LESS you like the Instructions, the MORE you needed them!

My exploits as School Fellowship Organising Secretary, NCCF Zonal President, Youth Choir Director this and that titles upon titles upon titles and the likes that may excite you are nothing to the Lord and simply does not guarantee that I HAVE KNOWN ALL

"The likes that may excite me?"

Are you naturally this foolish, or do you have Chemical Assistance?

So... YOU HAVE ALL THOSE CROWNS- and you are begging for help- on YOUR terms- from TOTAL STRANGERS- and you do not SEE how that YOUR CHURCH has MESSED YOU UP?

The sons of ORAL ROBERTS and RICK WARREN allegedly KILLED THEMSELVES. Other Christians killed themselves.

This is because THEIR CHURCHES MESSED THEM UP!

If you were taught to READ THE BIBLE PROPERLY, you would not need anybody else!

That is what I teach- but YOU want me to stick a feeding bottle in that your big mouth!

It is somewhat disturbing.
Re: Recommend Books On How To Hear From God by orisa37: 6:52pm On Sep 17, 2016
Read the Bible again and again. Concentrate more on Books like Esther, Daniel, John, Hebrew and Revelation.
Re: Recommend Books On How To Hear From God by orisa37: 6:53pm On Sep 17, 2016
Read the Bible again and again. Concentrate more on Books like Esther, Daniel, John, Hebrew and Revelation.
Re: Recommend Books On How To Hear From God by SABA2002(m): 12:23am On Sep 18, 2016
IntrovertXtian:
Permit me to share this, Sirs/Mas. Maybe there will be more understanding why I still want to read books despite feeding on the word. Please, take note of the bolded

You are right...... Reading those books alone sets me ablaze, how much those brethren that witnessed those teachings.

Dear jesus, please give me that old time revival and anointing.

I read good morning Holy spirit by benny hinn and it changed my life.......
Re: Recommend Books On How To Hear From God by IntrovertXtian: 1:46am On Sep 18, 2016
orisa37:
Read the Bible again and again. Concentrate more on Books like
Esther, Daniel, John, Hebrew and Revelation.

Thanks
Re: Recommend Books On How To Hear From God by IntrovertXtian: 1:47am On Sep 18, 2016
SABA2002:

You are right...... Reading those books alone sets me ablaze, how much those brethren that witnessed those teachings.

Dear jesus, please give me that old time revival and anointing.

I read good morning Holy spirit by benny hinn and it changed my life.......

cheesy Sir, it is well sir.
Re: Recommend Books On How To Hear From God by AlfaSeltzer(m): 1:52am On Sep 18, 2016
The day you start hearing voices in your head, your own don finish
Re: Recommend Books On How To Hear From God by oaroloye(m): 10:37am On Sep 18, 2016
IntrovertXtian:
There may be something the Lord wants me to get from it.

. MATTHEW 7:1-6.

"JUDGE not, that ye be not judged.
2. "For with what Judgment ye judge,
ye shall be judged:
and with what measure ye mete,
it shall be measured to you again.
3. "And why beholdest thou
the mote that is in thy brother's eye,
but considerest not the beam
that is in thine own eye?
4. "Or how wilt thou say to thy brother,

'LET ME PULL OUT THE MOTE
OUT OF THINE EYE;'

and, behold, a beam
(is) in thine own eye?
5. "Thou hypocrite,
first cast out the beam
out of thine own eye;
and then shalt thou see clearly
to cast out the mote
out of thy brother's eye.
6. "Give not that which is holy
unto the dogs,
neither cast ye your
pearls before swine,
lest they trample them
under their feet,
and turn again,
and rend you."

Yes, they are.

What has that got to do with what we are discussing....?

OH! I GET IT!!!

YOU think that YOU are a SON OF GOD!!!

(Is it possible to sustain HERNIA, from trying to suppress too much laughter?)

(Well- I think that first of all the joke has to be REALLY funny!)

OF COURSE, YOU BLOCKHEAD!

We have to know we are not giving information that can be used to destroy Christians to some MAD DOG.

How do we know you are not working for people who want to PROFILE Christians who KNOW YAHSHUA?

If the Secret is in a particular BOOK- list everyone who hs read THAT Book, and TARGET them!

I have LIVED through the time period when that shit happened.

THE SOVIET BLOC could ARREST, JAIL, or EXECUTE you- just because you had a certain BOOK in your possession.

So the church you go to is not a Christian Church you can be proud of.

That is ridiculous.

If you were a ROMAN CATHOLIC, you would LIE- or even SAY so.

If you were a CHURCH OF SATAN, you would LIE, and say you went somewhere else.

I think you don't go to ANY Church, but are looking for Knowledge you can use to start one of your own.

You are too brainless to be employed as somebody's SPY.

Such a list of books can be dangerous to Christians, but if someone sent you to obtain it, they sent a fool.

"Since when have I been a christian"? does not even come into the question.

NONE OF THE WICKED SHALL UNDERSTAND.

We don't need to know your depth of maturity, versus intellect? Well, you have neither.

Any advice you want to give, please do give. You can be inspired to as well put it in a book, I will buy and more people will be blessed

"IF SOMEONE WROTE A BOOK TITLED:
SEVEN WAYS TO GET THINGS FROM GOD,
IT WOULD PROBABLY SELL.... "
- A.W. TOZER.

I believe the renowned "HOLINESS" writer must have written that in the late 1970s. At that time, we were just beginning to witness the LEAVEN of "PROSPERITY PREACHING."

A.W. TOZER was complaining about MATERIALISM.

I COULD have written several MULTI-MILLION READER Best-Seller "Christian Books" over the decades, nd become a Household Name by now.

I had preferred to DIE IN OBSCURITY than to be known as someone who used The Lord's Name and Knowledge to make money.

NO. YOU DON'T.

You may THINK that you do- but what you are REALLY doing is INDULGING a "SCHIZOPHRENIC MALADY."

You are either talking to YOURSELF, and calling it "GOD," or else you are talking to A DEVIL, and calling it "GOD."

Every person receives a IMPRINT from God at Birth, containing a CHARGED DATA TRANSFER of GOD'S COMMANDS to our Species.

SATAN REMOVES THIS IMPRINT BEFORE WE CAN LEARN TO USE IT, AND REPLACES IT WITH AN IMPLANT MADE FROM THE SOULS OF DEAD HUMANS, AND HIS OWN MIND.

This he places in the top of the head.

It inserts roots into the SOUL BODY that enable the DEVILS to SIPHON our unused Life Energies, which are fed to us from Heaven, every moment of the day.

By this, the Devils reduce Human Life Energies to 1% what they ought to be.

This process continues for as long as Humans continue to SIN and live UNDISCIPLINED lives. The Devils cannot siphon our Life Energies if we are using them as God INTENDED.

When that happens, our Energies replenish, nd THE TALENTS begin to come on line.

THE SATANIC IMPLANT MUST HAVE THE ABILITY TO IMPERSONATE GOD SPEAKING TO US.

WHERE did Yahshua tell us to FOLLOW MEN?

. JOHN 14:21-27.

21. "He that hath my Commandments, and keepeth them, he it is that loveth me: and he that loveth me shall be loved of my Father, and I will love him, and will manifest myself to him."
22. Judas saith unto him, not Iscariot,
"Lord, how is it that thou wilt manifest thyself unto us, and not unto the World?"
23. Jesus answered and said unto him,
"If a man love me, he will keep my Words, and my Father will love him, and we will come unto him, and make our abode with him.
24. "He that loveth me not keepeth not my sayings:
and The Word which ye hear is not mine,
but The Father's Which sent me."
25. "These things have I spoken unto you, being (yet) present with you.
26. "But The Comforter, (Which is) The Holy Ghost, Whom The Father will send in my Name, He shall Teach you all things, and bring to your remembrance all things whatsoever I have said unto you.
27. "Peace I leave with you, my Peace I give unto you: not as the World giveth give I unto you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid."

HE SPECIFICALLY WARNED AGAINST "THE COMMANDMENTS OF MEN."

FOOLISH BOY!

You are LESS than a BABY IN THE LORD.

You have NEVER been "IN THE LORD."

That requires being BORN OF GOD.

You have NEVER experienced that- but have been MESSED-UP by people who TOLD YOU that you were- because you SAID and DID certain IRRELEVANT things!

You were SCAMMED!

NO- YOU ARE NOT HUMBLE!

I gave you the instructions you NEEDED- and YOU did not implement the instructions, but continued to prattle nonsense!

You want to learn at the Lord's feet?

LESSON ONE: YOU DON'T GET TO DETERMINE WHERE "THE LORD'S FEET" ARE!

EVERY person you meet is a potential Teacher and Messenger of God to you- even when they don't Believe in God.

The LESS you like the Instructions, the MORE you needed them!

"The likes that may excite me?"

Are you naturally this foolish, or do you have Chemical Assistance?

So... YOU HAVE ALL THOSE CROWNS- and you are begging for help- on YOUR terms- from TOTAL STRANGERS- and you do not SEE how that YOUR CHURCH has MESSED YOU UP?

The sons of ORAL ROBERTS and RICK WARREN allegedly KILLED THEMSELVES. Other Christians killed themselves.

This is because THEIR CHURCHES MESSED THEM UP!

If you were taught to READ THE BIBLE PROPERLY, you would not need anybody else!

That is what I teach- but YOU want me to stick a feeding bottle in that your big mouth!

It is somewhat disturbing.
Re: Recommend Books On How To Hear From God by Phytoptera: 12:36am On Sep 19, 2016
IntrovertXtian:

@Bolded 1

Thank you sir for the advice. But it is just like telling me I should stop at secondary school or not continue in learning after my University.

@Bolded 2 & 3
Sir, I do not agree because I am not demanding God to speak to me audibly. I said I want to HEAR God audibly! The audibility is from my end and not God's. Surely, God speaks AUDIBLY every time but most times we as His children do not HEAR Him audibly because of distractions here and there. Even if we can hear God audibly, I believe there are still dimensions; dimensions that are even teachable and impactable.

@Bolded 4
Thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you.

God bless you greatly
I must commend you for replying with utmost maturity, its hard to see such nowadays in nairaland. Thank you.
I understand what ure looking for, yes indeed God do speak audibly but only as He wills it. Inother words, if u operate in the revelatory gifts of the Spirit u tend to hear audibly from God but only as it relates to helping others but not for personal ends. Im saying this out of experience; the only time i heard God audibly was when the gift of the word of knowledge and the gift of the word of wisdom was in operation that particular time and as i said it involved helping someone. And o, the time i heard the audible voice again one time was when i was getting into a serious problem i notice it tends to come personally as a warning when one is entering a kind of problem in such cases u really do not want to receive the audible voice when u knw it might bring a stern warning for something that is abt to happen u dont want any part in. Pls, im not saying u cant receive such audible voixe for good, u can but only as God's wills. Also, there was a time i was so eager to hear God audibly instead the spirit of God warned me not to but to believe Him to lead me and guild me the way He sees fit, that was when i had a dream that Night of Jesus handing me the above mentioned book that i should read... Suprising enough, weeks gone by somebody brought the book to me asking me to read it that the Lord ask him to give me! In another story i read i cant really remember if it was stated in this book or not. A woman was so desperate to hear the audible voice of God because her pastor always says he heard the voice of God teling him to do so and so without explaining to his congregation what kind of voice he heard wether audibly or inward, it made the woman to seek it without prior wisdom so much till the extend a demon accommodated her, and took over her mind. U see thats the danger of seeking God wrongly! Yes, u will definitely hear God's authoritative voice someday but enjoy it while it last, trust me it wont last and is not something that will continue for long, for we walk by faith and not by sight... The audible voice of God registers to ur sense of hearing so seeking it too much is by walking bY sight when u can walk by faith and be lead by both the inward witness and the instill voice of God. Unless ure operating on the revelatory gifts u will hear more than enough not for your personal end but for the edification of others so i will advice u instead to seek or pray enestly for the gifts of the spirit like the word of wisdom, knowledge, discerning of spirit or prophecy for helping of others this way ur quest wouldn't be self seeking but for the encouragement of others, u will hear more than enough from God to helping others. Dear, im only advicing u being previledge to do so, and also having operated in some form of this gifts before. Notwithstanding, u may choose to accept this or not the choice is ultimately left to you and not to me, we can agree to disagree on certain issues instead and that doesn't mak us to be enemies. Thank you for ur patience and understanding... Really respect ur maturity.
Re: Recommend Books On How To Hear From God by mayorall(m): 1:41am On Sep 19, 2016
IntrovertXtian:

Thank you so much.

How you can be lead by the spirit of God by Kenneth Hagin

Understanding vision by Bishop Oyedepo (found in the middle)

Understanding divine direction by Bishop Oyedepo

I have read the above books.

I can teach you little if you can promise you will adhere to it.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Majority Of Christians Cannot Tell You What “jesus” Really Means / G.O.A.T. Movie: Son Of God - How The Logos Devolved For Humanity. / Atheist vs Christians thread

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 166
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.