Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,402 members, 7,815,876 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 08:07 PM

I Inherited $3.7 Bn, Buhari Inherited $ 30bn ; Buhari Luckier Than Me – OBJ - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Inherited $3.7 Bn, Buhari Inherited $ 30bn ; Buhari Luckier Than Me – OBJ (3704 Views)

2018 Budget: FG Votes N5.30bn For Grazing Reserve Development / I Can’t Complain Of The Mess I Inherited—buhari / Buhari Inherited N600bn Oil Marketers’ Debt, Says FG (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Inherited $3.7 Bn, Buhari Inherited $ 30bn ; Buhari Luckier Than Me – OBJ by iflywithbuhari(f): 3:53pm On Sep 16, 2016
Former President Olusegun
Obasanjo has dismissed calls
by a group demanding that
he accounts for Abacha loot
recovered by his
administration. In an
interview conducted by Frisk
Larr and published on his
blog, the former military
general described such
persons as “illiterates and
stupid people”.
Speaking over the weekend,
Obasanjo said the role of his
office was to facilitate the
recovery process and not
how it was put to use.
“They said the money
recovered from Abacha, I
should account for it. What
stupidity! The man who
asked for it, the man who
gave the judgement or who
answered them are all
stupid, with due respect.
“I don’t keep account, all
Abacha loots were sent to
Central Bank of Nigeria, CBN,
and every bit of it was
reported to Minister of
Finance. My job was to write
where we can get help to
recover the money.
“Every penny that comes out
of it went to CBN, so if they
want to know what happened
to the money, they should
call CBN governor or call the
Minister of Finance.
“But again, it shows
ignorance, total ignorance,
which is lacking and you
wonder, are these people
educated? They can also
approach the man who
helped us in recovering
process to give the list of
money recovered and where
he took it,” Obasanjo said.
Buhari Luckier Than Me
While commenting on oil
prices, Obasanjo said
President Muhammadu Buhari
was lucky comparing Buhari’s
opportunities with his own.
“When I assumed office in
1999, I inherited $3.7 billion
in reserve, while Buhari met
$30 billion, almost 10 times
of what I met then, and the
price of oil then was $9.
When it got to $20, I was
dancing.
“I know the price is down
now and with time, it will jump
up again. What Buhari is
doing currently is preparing
ground for Nigeria to take
advantage when it goes up
again,” he maintained.
www.thebreakingtimes.com/i-inherited-3-7-bn-buhari-inherited-30bn-buhari-luckier-than-me-obasanjo/
Re: I Inherited $3.7 Bn, Buhari Inherited $ 30bn ; Buhari Luckier Than Me – OBJ by Busch: 3:54pm On Sep 16, 2016
copied*
Re: I Inherited $3.7 Bn, Buhari Inherited $ 30bn ; Buhari Luckier Than Me – OBJ by iflywithbuhari(f): 3:56pm On Sep 16, 2016
Nairalanders, abeg Lincoln Navigator wants to join the Wailers. Nobody should sell him form O!

3 Likes

Re: I Inherited $3.7 Bn, Buhari Inherited $ 30bn ; Buhari Luckier Than Me – OBJ by agwom(m): 3:57pm On Sep 16, 2016
cry
Re: I Inherited $3.7 Bn, Buhari Inherited $ 30bn ; Buhari Luckier Than Me – OBJ by mrvitalis(m): 3:59pm On Sep 16, 2016
The main question is what was our dollar demand compared to our reserve... That's what's important

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: I Inherited $3.7 Bn, Buhari Inherited $ 30bn ; Buhari Luckier Than Me – OBJ by Paperwhite(m): 3:59pm On Sep 16, 2016
Chai! shocked shocked.As characteristic of anyone in the APC,they all have lies-infested buccal cavity with a chronically lying tongue.Now where did Buhari got all the monies he was trotting round the globe after which he stupidly said he met nothing when he became president?(Satan must have fallen off his seat with this lie) Can Buhari now intimate the nation on the content of the handover notes he recieved? Thank God it's the OBJ the navigator-in-chief of the party that is saying this.So all the zombies in the house,what say ya?

8 Likes

Re: I Inherited $3.7 Bn, Buhari Inherited $ 30bn ; Buhari Luckier Than Me – OBJ by melvinjames: 3:59pm On Sep 16, 2016
[s]
mrvitalis:
The main question is what was our dollar demand compared to our reserve... That's what's important
[/s]
Stupid statement.

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Inherited $3.7 Bn, Buhari Inherited $ 30bn ; Buhari Luckier Than Me – OBJ by TippyTop(m): 4:01pm On Sep 16, 2016
The dullard had 150 cows in 1985, in 2015 the dullard had............ you guessed it 150 cows.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Inherited $3.7 Bn, Buhari Inherited $ 30bn ; Buhari Luckier Than Me – OBJ by arosunshine(m): 4:04pm On Sep 16, 2016
Re: I Inherited $3.7 Bn, Buhari Inherited $ 30bn ; Buhari Luckier Than Me – OBJ by IVORY2009(m): 4:05pm On Sep 16, 2016
My president can lie grin

3 Likes

Re: I Inherited $3.7 Bn, Buhari Inherited $ 30bn ; Buhari Luckier Than Me – OBJ by id911(m): 4:06pm On Sep 16, 2016
But Buhari said he met empty treasury. The way this current administration fabricates lies makes even the devil jealous

2 Likes

Re: I Inherited $3.7 Bn, Buhari Inherited $ 30bn ; Buhari Luckier Than Me – OBJ by TonyeBarcanista(m): 4:06pm On Sep 16, 2016
mrvitalis:
What was our dollar demand compared to the Reserve when Obj left in 2007?

Obj might have failed a lot in fixing the political environment but he did relatively well in fixing the economy and left it better than he met it.

What about this Buhari administration?

2 Likes

Re: I Inherited $3.7 Bn, Buhari Inherited $ 30bn ; Buhari Luckier Than Me – OBJ by Paperwhite(m): 4:09pm On Sep 16, 2016
mrvitalis:
Irrelevant & senseless statement.This question is did Buhari meet monies in the national treasury when he became president or not? #CHANGEBEGINSWITHLIES(Credits to a good friend)

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Inherited $3.7 Bn, Buhari Inherited $ 30bn ; Buhari Luckier Than Me – OBJ by Abeymills(m): 4:09pm On Sep 16, 2016
D dullard is a professional liar n talks carelessly

2 Likes

Re: I Inherited $3.7 Bn, Buhari Inherited $ 30bn ; Buhari Luckier Than Me – OBJ by Young03(m): 4:14pm On Sep 16, 2016
I don't even know wat to type
Re: I Inherited $3.7 Bn, Buhari Inherited $ 30bn ; Buhari Luckier Than Me – OBJ by SUPERPACK: 4:35pm On Sep 16, 2016
The value of $3 billion in 1999 is greater than $30 billion dollars of 2015.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Inherited $3.7 Bn, Buhari Inherited $ 30bn ; Buhari Luckier Than Me – OBJ by 9jalyte: 4:43pm On Sep 16, 2016
Buhari did not just inherit a larger amount of money, he inherited a far better Nigeria than what OBJ met in 1999. I really forgive him when he says PDP destroyed Nigeria in the last 16 years because after PTF, he went to Daura, God knows if he was aware of what was happening in Kastina town, let alone what was happening in Nigeria. Maybe we should enlighten him and his ignorant supporters. We need people to ask these questions:
1. How many Universities were in Nigeria before 1999 (private and public), and how many do we have now.
2. How many other tertiary institutions were in Nigeria before 1999 and how many did we have by 2015
3. How many federal Medical Centres and other tertiary health centres were in Nigeria before 1999 and how many did we have by 2015
4. How many government agencies were in Nigeria before 1999 and how many did we have by 2015
5. How many people were in federal government payroll in Nigeria before 1999 and how many did we have by 2015
6. What was the minimum wage in Nigeria in 1998 and what was it in 2000, remember what Nigeria had in reserve and the turnaround in the earning of public servants
7. Compare the manpower in the public institutions in terms of number and capacity, number of government funded training for lecturers and doctors and other public servants before 1999 and after.
8. Compare how many kilometers of road paved in Nigeria before 1999 and how many in 2015
9. compare number of dualized roads by 1999 and by 2015
10. compare how many communities were linked to the national grid by 1999 and by 2015
11. I don't want to talk about tele-communication.
12. compare the size of middle class in Nigeria in 1999 an by 2015
13. compare our banking sector before 1999 and by 2015 and then by 2016
14. compare our democracy, particularly INEC of 2014 and INEC of 2016
15. Compare the number of new cars in Nigeria in 1999 and the number today ( i am not talking about tokumbo)
16. compare the rail system before 1999 and today

And so on and so on. After making the comparisons, I guess I will not be the one that will make you tell APC "shut-up". If Buhari is lamenting when he not only inherited a better Nigeria, but a more reasonable sum of money, it means if he had become the President by 1999, Nigerians would have asked the military to come back. But it is good he is here today, we have to deal with his problem once and for all so that he will retire back silently to Daura and remain silent for ever, otherwise he would have been causing tension with his threats and his followers would have continued to dress him in borrowed robes. Too bad for him, he should have known that the best actor is the on that leaves the stage when the ovation is high-Gej comes to mind.

18 Likes 4 Shares

Re: I Inherited $3.7 Bn, Buhari Inherited $ 30bn ; Buhari Luckier Than Me – OBJ by mrvitalis(m): 4:44pm On Sep 16, 2016
Paperwhite:
Irrelevant & senseless statement.This question is did Buhari meet monies in the national treasury when he became president or not? #CHANGEBEGINSWITHLIES(Credits to a good friend)
Lol so u think reserves are money that belongs to Nigeria?? Shi Shi go buy economics text and stop embarrassing urself

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Inherited $3.7 Bn, Buhari Inherited $ 30bn ; Buhari Luckier Than Me – OBJ by Chienyego: 4:48pm On Sep 16, 2016
mrvitalis:

I see the narrative has now switched from "What was the price of crude" (since you know it was much lower under OBJ than it currently is under PMB) to "What was our dollar demand".
Pitiful. But I'm not surprised.
Maybe after that, you'll also ask "What was our population density compared to now?"
and after that, "What was our minimum wage compared to now?"
and maybe, "What was the state of global warming compared to now?"
That's how you hirelings will keep jumping from one silly excuse to the next in order to defend the total failure that is Buhari.

As they say, an irresponsible leader will ALWAYS find an excuse for his failure.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Inherited $3.7 Bn, Buhari Inherited $ 30bn ; Buhari Luckier Than Me – OBJ by Paperwhite(m): 4:53pm On Sep 16, 2016
mrvitalis:

Lol so u think reserves are money that belongs to Nigeria?? Shi Shi go buy economics text and stop embarrassing urself
No the reserve belongs to you.Keep wallowing in your ignorance.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Inherited $3.7 Bn, Buhari Inherited $ 30bn ; Buhari Luckier Than Me – OBJ by Larryfest(m): 5:12pm On Sep 16, 2016
The difference is clear even if Obj didn't say so cos he came into office after the boys from the barrack took what they could and somehow he still managed to lead the country wisely but this Buhari inherited from a democratically elected past govt so how come the country is in this present mess? Or which govt looted most Abacha or Gej
Re: I Inherited $3.7 Bn, Buhari Inherited $ 30bn ; Buhari Luckier Than Me – OBJ by coolscott(m): 5:14pm On Sep 16, 2016
SUPERPACK:
The value of $3 billion in 1999 is greater than $30 billion dollars of 2015.
This is what we call the volunteering of ignorance.

3 Likes

Re: I Inherited $3.7 Bn, Buhari Inherited $ 30bn ; Buhari Luckier Than Me – OBJ by SUPERPACK: 5:24pm On Sep 16, 2016
coolscott:
This is what we call the volunteering of ignorance.
why nt educate me. because inflation rate frm 1999 to now is almost %1000, also the exchange rate has seen over %900 devaluation from then to now.
Re: I Inherited $3.7 Bn, Buhari Inherited $ 30bn ; Buhari Luckier Than Me – OBJ by mrvitalis(m): 5:26pm On Sep 16, 2016
Paperwhite:
No the reserve belongs to you.Keep wallowing in your ignorance.
U will also go Alhaji for ur dollars after u change them
Re: I Inherited $3.7 Bn, Buhari Inherited $ 30bn ; Buhari Luckier Than Me – OBJ by mrvitalis(m): 5:27pm On Sep 16, 2016
Chienyego:

I see the narrative has now switched from "What was the price of crude" (since you know it was much lower under OBJ than it currently is under PMB) to "What was our dollar demand".
Pitiful. But I'm not surprised.
Maybe after that, you'll also ask "What was our population density compared to now?"
and after that, "What was our minimum wage compared to now?"
and maybe, "What was the state of global warming compared to now?"
That's how you hirelings will keep jumping from one silly excuse to the next in order to defend the total failure that is Buhari.

As they say, an irresponsible leader will ALWAYS find an excuse for his failure.
It is not my fault u skipped economics class.. . Not my fault
Re: I Inherited $3.7 Bn, Buhari Inherited $ 30bn ; Buhari Luckier Than Me – OBJ by Nusaf: 5:28pm On Sep 16, 2016
id911:
But Buhari said he met empty treasury. The way this current administration fabricates lies makes even the devil jealous
Don't u know what is meant by the expression "Foreign Reserve"? Pls find out to avoid calamities like this. grin
Re: I Inherited $3.7 Bn, Buhari Inherited $ 30bn ; Buhari Luckier Than Me – OBJ by Bujumbura(m): 5:29pm On Sep 16, 2016
Buhari right now

Re: I Inherited $3.7 Bn, Buhari Inherited $ 30bn ; Buhari Luckier Than Me – OBJ by Bujumbura(m): 5:31pm On Sep 16, 2016
mrvitalis:

Re: I Inherited $3.7 Bn, Buhari Inherited $ 30bn ; Buhari Luckier Than Me – OBJ by Bujumbura(m): 5:33pm On Sep 16, 2016
mrvitalis:

U will also go Alhaji for ur dollars after u change them
JUST

Re: I Inherited $3.7 Bn, Buhari Inherited $ 30bn ; Buhari Luckier Than Me – OBJ by Jesusloveyou: 5:36pm On Sep 16, 2016
iflywithbuhari:
Nairalanders, abeg Lincoln Navigator wants to join the Wailers. Nobody should sell him form O!
nawa o, u that posted the news cant even read, ipods with their flat brains.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Inherited $3.7 Bn, Buhari Inherited $ 30bn ; Buhari Luckier Than Me – OBJ by Chienyego: 5:38pm On Sep 16, 2016
mrvitalis:
It is not my fault u skipped economics class.. . Not my fault
It's also not my fault your hero is an illiterate.. . Not my fault at all.

3 Likes

Re: I Inherited $3.7 Bn, Buhari Inherited $ 30bn ; Buhari Luckier Than Me – OBJ by obailala(m): 5:42pm On Sep 16, 2016
$3.7 billion as foreign reserve in 1999 is the equivalent of $37 billion today; Nigeria's import bill as at 1999 was less than 10% of what it is today hence the forex demand was roughly a tenth of present value.

1 Like 2 Shares

(1) (2) (Reply)

Things I Learnt From The Just Concluded Anambra Election / #EndSARS: APC Chieftain Writes Buhari, Want Seaports Operations Moved From Lagos / Passport Delay In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.