Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,003 members, 7,835,398 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 09:36 AM

Raise A Grateful Child. 4 Important Parenting Lessons Straight From The Bible - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Raise A Grateful Child. 4 Important Parenting Lessons Straight From The Bible (962 Views)

Name A Parenting Trait From Your Parents You Would Never Emulate / Is using The Bible As A Moral Guide To Raise A Child Harmful? / Need A Healthy Female Ready To Raise A Kid (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Raise A Grateful Child. 4 Important Parenting Lessons Straight From The Bible by Oshikoyafrank(m): 4:46pm On Sep 16, 2016
The Bible is full of examples for us about being parents. In my quest to think through some of the parenting lessons from the Bible, I tended to only see the negative aspect of these biblical examples. I think is because it stands out to us when someone does something wrong. When we expect a certain outcome and a poor choice is made, it is heartbreaking and noticeable. But when someone does something in the expected way we tend to not even notice their decisions.

Here are four parenting lessons from the Bible. Then I will follow these short lessons up with a few examples. I trust that these tips and examples will help us to avoid making the wrong choices.

#1. Be a Good Role Model. No matter how much you say, “do as I say, not as I do,” children will follow the active example you model more often than the verbal lessons you teach. Therefore, it is imperative that parents be a good role model. Be an example of what it is you want to see from your children (1 Corinthians 11:1; Titus 2:1-10). It is sometimes humorous (but often sad) to see how that children whom no one thought were paying attention tend to tell the same stories, use the same vocabulary, and even dress and behave like their parents.

#2. Be Unified in Leadership. When speaking about parenting, I have a friend who often says, “any two-headed creature is a monster.” What he is talking about is parents who are not unified in their decisions, or undermine the authority and leadership of the other parent. Without realizing it, parents who engage in this type of relationship with thei.....Continue Reading @

http://www.gisttrace.com/2016/09/raise-grateful-child-4-important.html

Re: Raise A Grateful Child. 4 Important Parenting Lessons Straight From The Bible by Favorite1: 6:30pm On Sep 16, 2016
Come and help us pay school fees... If you can't please keep your crappy epistle to yourself, it's annoying when people that don't know feel the pinch will come and be giving textbook theories in this harsh time, abeg park!!!!

1 Like

Re: Raise A Grateful Child. 4 Important Parenting Lessons Straight From The Bible by Nobody: 8:58pm On Sep 16, 2016
Favorite1:
Come and help us pay school fees... If you can't please keep your crappy epistle to yourself, it's annoying when people that don't know feel the pinch will come and be giving textbook theories in this harsh time, abeg park!!!!

Re: Raise A Grateful Child. 4 Important Parenting Lessons Straight From The Bible by Stargists(m): 2:26pm On Sep 17, 2016
lol
Re: Raise A Grateful Child. 4 Important Parenting Lessons Straight From The Bible by Stargists(m): 6:36pm On Sep 17, 2016
Hmm
Re: Raise A Grateful Child. 4 Important Parenting Lessons Straight From The Bible by Oshikoyafrank(m): 2:07am On Sep 19, 2016
Re: Raise A Grateful Child. 4 Important Parenting Lessons Straight From The Bible by topzttst(m): 9:45am On Sep 19, 2016
nice
Re: Raise A Grateful Child. 4 Important Parenting Lessons Straight From The Bible by Topza(m): 11:11am On Sep 20, 2016
Timbuktou:
is nt like dat
Re: Raise A Grateful Child. 4 Important Parenting Lessons Straight From The Bible by Topza(m): 11:15am On Sep 20, 2016
so because d tym is hard you can't take care of you child dnt you dy r d future leaders of 2maro.. unfair
Re: Raise A Grateful Child. 4 Important Parenting Lessons Straight From The Bible by oshikoyaodemi(m): 4:37pm On Sep 27, 2016
Re: Raise A Grateful Child. 4 Important Parenting Lessons Straight From The Bible by Mamalistic5: 5:49pm On Sep 27, 2016
Hahaha that man's red eyes though
Re: Raise A Grateful Child. 4 Important Parenting Lessons Straight From The Bible by Oshikoyafrank(m): 12:46pm On Nov 08, 2016
Mamalistic5:
Hahaha that man's red eyes though
lol

(1) (Reply)

Signs A Husband Is About Cheating / Pics! Whose Dinner Would You Prefer? / Mother Goes Unclad In Birthday Shoot For Her 4-year-old Son

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.