Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,793 members, 7,956,030 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 09:48 PM

Soludo is the PDP Candidate (Anambra) - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Soludo is the PDP Candidate (Anambra) (5700 Views)

Soludo Is Confused, Has Lost Touch With Reality- Fani Kayode / Billboard War In Lagos As PDP Candidate Clips Campaign Advert With APC- Pictured / Chukwuma Soludo Is Living Large - Says Sahara Reporters (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Soludo is the PDP Candidate (Anambra) by Oblaze(m): 4:38pm On Oct 11, 2009
We know what PDP is up to.So it is no surprise.Hope If elected he would do a good job instead of converting public treasury into personal asset.
Re: Soludo is the PDP Candidate (Anambra) by pyno(m): 4:44pm On Oct 11, 2009
it really pains my heart that this nation is not ready to move forward,by next year we will be 50yrs old as a nation and we are still talking about hand picking canditates!.my heart really goes out to anambarians because soludo will not be different from the party and the process that produced him.recent events have shown that soludo is not the saint many of us think he is.imagine a nation as gifted as nigeria being at the mercy of a woman who knows nothing about governance, just because the accursed obj foisted a sickler on us.healthy men would even find it hard to govern nigeria talk less of sickly man like yaradua.my candid advice to yardua is to quit and begin to pray to god for forgiveness for the mess he has put this country into.i will also want to enjoin all anambarians to make sure their vote counts,get registered and vote the candidate of your choice and leave the rest to god.gone are the days when we swallow every bullshit the government give to us.its time to say no to everything that represents pdp,because pdp is the problem of nigeria.
Re: Soludo is the PDP Candidate (Anambra) by Nobody: 5:17pm On Oct 11, 2009
We all saw it coming.Obj imposed umaru musa yar adua on Nigerians,so umaru has done same with soludo.No wonder d govt didnt question soludo's bankin reforms overturned by sanusi,because PDP needs d guy to strengthen their grip on public treasury
Re: Soludo is the PDP Candidate (Anambra) by Nobody: 7:17pm On Oct 11, 2009
I had always supported Soludo, I am glad that he has ended up the chosen candidate.
But the process under which he emanated is unfortunate and this should have no bearing on Soludo but PDP as a party. I believe Soludo would have won a free and fair primary.

But I think PDP should be ashamed of itself for being unable to conduct a free and fair primaries. This includes both those on the corridors of power and those who are not.
The reason I say this is while we hope for an institutionalised free and fair process by the powers that be, having a civilised society also requires a civilised opposition. A situation where people go to court to stop the pdp primaries because they think they will not win is as unacceptable as imposing a candidate.
Democracy thrives when you have credible institutions. A high court Judge should not be granting exparte orders to stop or postpone the opportunity for people to excercize their right to vote for no reason.

Also One of the benefits of having credible primaries is that it avails the candidate an opportunity to campaign and meet the people, the PDP has come short on this and denied Soludo this opportunity. It also makes the party united and the candidate stronger if people think a canidate's election was free and fair.

However What those who went to court forgot is that every political party has the right to select a candidate as it so wishes whether by selection or election, though the principles of democracy favours the later.

I also have an abiding faith in the man Soludo. Soludo has the necessary grit and pragmatism to be effective as a Governor. Those who also think he will be teleguided by either Turai or Ubah should forget it because I have seen an element of his dictatorial tendencies which are healthy for an executive position at the level he has them.

So I will continue to support Soludo. I hope INEC conducts a more credible election this time in Anambra.

Before I go I will also like to remind folks that elections are not only free and fair when the opposition wins. Even though the PDP has done more to give credence to this line of thought. I think this culture of hailing an election when the opposition wins and denouncing it when the ruling party wins is a very dangerous precedence we have to check. It is as unacceptable as those who encourage rigging.

Regardless of who wins we should be judging an election by the process not the results.
Re: Soludo is the PDP Candidate (Anambra) by ubandire(m): 10:37pm On Oct 11, 2009
please why have people allowed sentiment to becloud their sense of reasoning?so prof.charles chukwuma soludo,has suddenly become bad because the PDP has chosen him as their flagbearer?at a time every right thinking person should be thanking GOD for the salvation of Anambra.pls ANAMBRIANS hope you now know the anti ANAMBRIANS in our midst.by GOD's grace Anambra will surely rejoice time.TO GOD BE THE GLORY!
Re: Soludo is the PDP Candidate (Anambra) by ubandire(m): 10:55pm On Oct 11, 2009
please why have people allowed sentiment to becloud their sense of reasoning?so prof.charles chukwuma soludo,has suddenly become bad because the PDP has chosen him as their flagbearer?at a time every right thinking person should be thanking GOD for the salvation of Anambra.pls ANAMBRIANS hope you now know the anti ANAMBRIANS in our midst.by GOD's grace Anambra will surely rejoice time.TO GOD BE THE GLORY!
chidichris:

@Igwe usa,
as long as obj is his godfather, as long as pdp is his party, as long as he is a loyalist to the criminal minded cabre, soludo was never, is never and will never be a good candidate for anambra state.
it is obvious obj and his criminal minded pdp have never known sleep in their efforts to take over the state.
soludo was committed in his days as the cbn governor hence he is under preasure to be there as the good face they have been looking for to buy the minds of the people of the state.
bet me, he is coming as a lion under a lamb's cloth.
the eastern states have been a cause of heart break to the criminal group.
the best thing that will happen to anambra people will be total resistance as the soludo we see is not original and as such will end up selling the state to the slave masters.
they have finally succeeded in imo state and they are working restlessly to get anambra while they have decided to let abia be as the kind of problem they face in the hands of orji uzor kalu is nothing to compete for.
if soludo ends up as the gov of the state, then am sorry for anambra state.
please chidichris why have turned yourself into an enemy of the state,i don't want to believe you are an unserious fellow,ok i now see what bias can do to a man,nothing about PDP has been good to you,since your role model OUK was disgraced out of the party,it's a pity 'cos you are really in for serial heartbreaks,after 2011 elections,u won't have the face to come on this forum,to glorify that nitwit role model of yours,remember ABIANS are watching u,and i know you wouldn't want ANAMBRIANS to join the fray,be careful as not to court to wrath of the whole south-east with your malicious self serving gospels.ANAMBRA REJOICE THIS TIME,TO GOD BE THE GLORY!
Re: Soludo is the PDP Candidate (Anambra) by sunnela: 11:16pm On Oct 11, 2009
the issiue here is that it is undemocratic for the pdp to impose somebody for governor, let the vote @the primaries decide that,
Re: Soludo is the PDP Candidate (Anambra) by Nobody: 12:01am On Oct 12, 2009
sunnela:

the issiue here is that it is undemocratic for the pdp to impose somebody for governor, let the vote @the primaries decide that,

the selection process of the party flag bearer does not have to be democratic. It is legal to select a candidate, but it is best practice to elect one.
Re: Soludo is the PDP Candidate (Anambra) by stineb1: 8:32am On Oct 12, 2009
Expect the following outcomes Peter Obi will not be able to use his power of incumbency, hence his failure at the polls. Aggrieved PDP factions will rather play anti party politics by supporting Ngige.But Charles Soludo will still emerge as the Elected Governor,But not too long from his swearing in, Tribunal will cancel the Elections and call for fresh polls which will definitely be a tough one. MONEY IS ABOUT TO FLOW INTO ANAMBRA POLITICIANS HANDS. grin
Re: Soludo is the PDP Candidate (Anambra) by Arnold1(m): 9:17am On Oct 12, 2009
Dr Soludo,
The federal govt will frustrate your efforts. Go and look at tinapa since Yar'adua took office.

Best wishes.
Re: Soludo is the PDP Candidate (Anambra) by otukpo(f): 9:37am On Oct 12, 2009
Although, i wld want to support Soludo, But i wont because he belongs to the PDP. Will PDP give soludo the freedom to work as he wld want to?

I will still support Ngige, tested and trusted. He is the only one we are sure will do the job well.
Re: Soludo is the PDP Candidate (Anambra) by farous(m): 10:16am On Oct 12, 2009
"For the sake of this election,(Soludo being a Governor of Anambra state),though i am from Edo,but i can assume an Anambrarain by chnaging by name from Aneni to Anene".In other words,even though all other governorship aspirants fail to reach a consensus and adopt my godson(Soludo),I will know how to handle it(Fix it) when the time reach.No wonder.he is called 'Mr. Fix it'.Truly,he has fixed it,as we all can see.The big fish(Soludo) has finally been endorsed and joined the race.Kudos to Mr.Fix it.However,personally speaking,Soludo is the best candidates among the 47 PDP aspirants,considering his profile.But how sure are we that he will not be teleguiding by those(godfathers) that gave him this nomination.He is not independent,hence activities of government will be determined by Asorock bigwigs.Now the big fight:Soludo vs Ngige vs Obi.Its going to be indeed a fight to finish.Three of them are very powerful.But one thing still differrenciates them-"Independent"(devoid of godfather).While Ngige and Obi are man of their own,Soludo is not.He will be swimming in an ocean of godfathers.And any government that build its structure on a pillar of godfatherism can hadly make a headway.Time shall time!!.
Re: Soludo is the PDP Candidate (Anambra) by StEdwin(m): 10:44am On Oct 12, 2009
Congrats to the big Former CBN governor
Re: Soludo is the PDP Candidate (Anambra) by Nezan(m): 11:16am On Oct 12, 2009
And Iwu will still be the umpire? I dey fear for the 2011 elections-o.
Re: Soludo is the PDP Candidate (Anambra) by jamesife(m): 4:44pm On Oct 12, 2009
Our opinion so far , welcomed but the trust remains that Soludo has 75% chances of winning this election come Feb 2010.

FACT:
For PDP to redeem it image that has been messed, rubbed to the Mud and claim the hot seat in Awka needs a candiadte who it
(pdp) can use as a Public relation tool (figure) to actualize this purpose.

Other aspirant under the PDP could have been nominated after the concensus was conducted but Soludos is a hosehold name and a credible leader take it or leave, which gives the pdp a better chance to win the government seat in Awka.

Soludo is a popular BRAND and a credible politician since his days as a member of S.U.G (U.N.N) and can change the face of Anambra if given the opportunity to serve.
Let just what and see how the adventure unfolds after all the guy better pass others wey don taste the seat abee?
Re: Soludo is the PDP Candidate (Anambra) by chidichris(m): 4:51pm On Oct 12, 2009
soludo is a rubber stamp. he is a millenium fool.
he is a tool about to be used by obj and his criminal minded pdp - the one man party, to actualize their dreams in anambra.
he is going to be the second chris uba - a man to be used in destroying his own people.
he is going to be the channel through which anambra is going to be taken over by the evil man - obj.
shame to soludo, shame to nigerian educated men, shame to self acclaimed igbo elites like soludo, the ubas and iwus.
pdp has used and dumped ekwueme hence they are looking arround for another weak tool.
i will continue respecting those igbos who have refused to shift grounds on their beliefs eg orji uzor kalu and ojukwu.
Re: Soludo is the PDP Candidate (Anambra) by dontpay: 6:35am On Oct 13, 2009
Is he going to be their flagbearer come 2010 election or
is he there to just fill the gap because of deadline?

Only time will tell.
Re: Soludo is the PDP Candidate (Anambra) by wildbello: 9:59am On Oct 13, 2009
Interesting!!!!!!!!!! Well, thats PDP's headache, the only thing i know is that come Feb 2010, Gov Peter Obi will definitely return as the executive Governor of Anambra state.
Re: Soludo is the PDP Candidate (Anambra) by slimghost(m): 10:08am On Oct 13, 2009
Surely Peter Obi is the man to beat in that election. He is way better than Ngige and Soludo and he will floor them in that election(provided its free and fair). QUOTE ME!!!!!!!!!
Re: Soludo is the PDP Candidate (Anambra) by chidichris(m): 10:21am On Oct 13, 2009
"For the sake of this election,(Soludo being a Governor of Anambra state),though i am from Edo,but i can assume an Anambrarain by chnaging by name from Aneni to Anene".In other words,even though all other governorship aspirants fail to reach a consensus and adopt my godson(Soludo),I will know how to handle it(Fix it) when the time reach.No wonder.he is called 'Mr. Fix it'.Truly,he has fixed it,as we all can see.The big fish(Soludo) has finally been endorsed and joined the race.Kudos to Mr.Fix it.However,personally speaking,Soludo is the best candidates among the 47 PDP aspirants,considering his profile.But how sure are we that he will not be teleguiding by those(godfathers) that gave him this nomination.He is not independent,hence activities of government will be determined by Asorock bigwigs.Now the big fight:Soludo vs Ngige vs Obi.Its going to be indeed a fight to finish.Three of them are very powerful.But one thing still differrenciates them-"Independent"(devoid of godfather).While Ngige and Obi are man of their own,Soludo is not.He will be swimming in an ocean of godfathers.And any government that build its structure on a pillar of godfatherism can hadly make a headway.Time shall time!!.

@Farous,
u just placed and pushed the hammer on the head of the nail. what you have just done above is display of knowledge and that is the power of information.

on this forum,to glorify that nitwit role model of yours,remember ABIANS are watching u,and i know you wouldn't want ANAMBRIANS to join the fray,be careful as not to court to wrath of the whole south-east with your malicious self serving gospels.ANAMBRA REJOICE THIS TIME,TO GOD BE THE GLORY!
@ubandire,
the last time i heard from you was your false information on the court verdict of chief T. Orji gov of abia state of which you lied to nairalanders that your weak onyema ugochukwu had been crowned gov. things like u are not supposed to talk where men with information are talking. u can only do the job of rummour monger. politics under normal circustnaces are supposed to be game for the wise and informed ppl and not dounce and weak in mind. soludo cannot win elections. if he has records, that must be at national levels and as such, he shld be contesting at the national levels.
as we speak, i must tell u that soludo does not even trust in his personal abilities hence his resolve to go under god fathers who are hell bent on rigging their godsons into power.
if anambra could resist the obj -andy uba madness, if imo people cld resist obj during the last gubernitorial elections, i see noting impossible in resisting the half hearted soludo.
if he is man enough, let him prove himself and not hiding under those fat idiots that have brought nigeria to her kneels.
all his supporters and godfathers are criminals hence he is and will be a criminal as soon as he gets into the govt house.
Re: Soludo is the PDP Candidate (Anambra) by ofala(m): 10:58am On Oct 13, 2009
One wonders if it all in the spirit of patriotism that all these aspirants in PDP are struggling to get to the government house Awka. Mr.Peter Obi's sincerity is so dis-arming that it will be fatal for Anambra people to allow these hawks to get to our state bank accounts again!

http://anambra2010election..com/2009/10/messy-pdp.html
Re: Soludo is the PDP Candidate (Anambra) by manuel(m): 12:41pm On Oct 13, 2009
now i dont understand, is Soludo now a politician?, thought he was an economist. An astute professional in his field, if he was a politician, then I never heard, But personally, i think he joining the political bandwaggon is a wrong move.
Re: Soludo is the PDP Candidate (Anambra) by ofala(m): 1:00pm On Oct 13, 2009
@aquita May I ask you who the Anambra elites are who are currently backing Prof. Soludo. May I also ask if their supposed 'backing' is because Mr. Obi has been found wanting or because PDP will allow him [Soludo] to perform miracle? We should be objective in our analysis. Anambra State politics is now getting more colors and substance simple because Mr.Obi gently made it so! Lets give it to the man, if not for any other thing. Are you aware that Mr.Obi hosted and made his official cars available for the last PDP members who came from Abuja to conduct the Anambra State governorship primaries!? This is purely a case of some one whose mind is pure and civil and who opened his doors to those that came to plot his fall! This is how politics should be.

http://anambra2010election..com/
Re: Soludo is the PDP Candidate (Anambra) by wildbello: 1:14pm On Oct 13, 2009
Well if you can observe the election well you will find out that the so called PDP is not going any where in Anambra State.

How can they pick Soludo without primaries election while there are up to 50 PDP candidates in the race.

I think that with this there is a big problem within the party and besides PDP can never capture Anambra again except INEC will rig the Election.

Enjoy.
Re: Soludo is the PDP Candidate (Anambra) by johnlittle: 2:01pm On Oct 13, 2009
[quote author=chidichris link=topic=335351.msg4723107#msg4723107 date=1255425
@ubandire,
the last time i heard from you was your false information on the court verdict of chief T. Orji gov of abia state of which you lied to nairalanders that your weak onyema ugochukwu had been crowned gov. things like u are not supposed to talk where men with information are talking. u can only do the job of rummour monger. politics under normal circustnaces are supposed to be game for the wise and informed ppl and not dounce and weak in mind. soludo cannot win elections. if he has records, that must be at national levels and as such, he shld be contesting at the national levels.
as we speak, i must tell u that soludo does not even trust in his personal abilities hence his resolve to go under god fathers who are hell bent on rigging their godsons into power.
if anambra could resist the obj -andy uba madness, if imo people cld resist obj during the last gubernitorial elections, i see noting impossible in resisting the half hearted soludo.
if he is man enough, let him prove himself and not hiding under those fat idiots that have brought nigeria to her kneels.
all his supporters and godfathers are criminals hence he is and will be a criminal as soon as he gets into the govt house.
[quote][/quote].in fact if there is one man i respect a lot on this forum it should be ubandire,i have my reasons yes he had given us information(HOPE)on the verdict of the tribunal,but if u had been following his contributions,u would notice he posted that pre-verdict,he was trying to be positive,see chidichris i don't know where you are from,am from Abia state.and no true abian wanted ur so called ochendo the puppet to retain that seat,because he never won elections in abia,in as much as onyema was never my candidate he was and still remains far much better than your ochendo,i live in umuahia abia state capital,have you been to abia recently,or during the gov kalu regime,u won't help but cry over man's inhumanity to man,please u know u r the man without information,how can u say that IMO and ANAMBRA states,rejected obj and the pdp,when andy uba won the anambra elections convincingly and the pdp sponsored ikedi ohakim to imo seat.which has been clearly evidenced by his historic return to the pdp fold,so tell me my bro how?you have to tender an unreserved apology for rating orji kalu among the heroes of the east,please stop potraying the south east as a land of political neophytes,we have men who are worthy of mention,stop provoking us with this ur kalu talk,for christ's sake do u know orji and his antecedents?with people like you and your idealogies the south east really has a long way to go,for being against the soludo candidacy in anambra based on the platform he is contesting on,goes a long way to show how biased u r,if i was from anambra i would have been thanking GOD every morning for using the pdp to provide a good platform,for the transformation of anambra.is soludo not one the of the best brains nigeria has ever produced?and you are not proud of him,is he not a million times better than your oga orji kalu,put two of them up for elections on this forum or any forum of ur choice and let's weigh them,or is your oga as usual feeling threatened by soludo's entry into politics,because of his dream of presidency,which will remain a DREAM,please if u have his ears tell him to concentrate on building his depleting squad,which he has used his dictatorial lifestyle to ruin,and he should also forget abia come 2011,because this time we are fully ready for him and people like you,i won't be surprised if u r one of jobbers on his meagre payroll.DESIST FROM BEING ANTI PROGRESSIVE.BE WARNED!
Re: Soludo is the PDP Candidate (Anambra) by wildbello: 2:26pm On Oct 13, 2009
@Ofala

God bless you jo!
Peter Obi is the best thing that has ever happened to Anambra state, a pure case of leadership with vision and focus.He will definitely win that election. SIMPLE
Re: Soludo is the PDP Candidate (Anambra) by bestman09(m): 4:00pm On Oct 13, 2009
These are the best candidates that we will ever have- Soludo+Obi+ Ngige. Whether there is rigging or not, any of them will make Anambra the real home 4 all smiley smiley smiley.
We should not use sentiments to pull any of them down!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Soludo is the PDP Candidate (Anambra) by Nobody: 6:27pm On Oct 13, 2009
chidichris:

soludo is a rubber stamp. he is a millenium fool.
he is a tool about to be used by obj and his criminal minded pdp - the one man party, to actualize their dreams in anambra.
he is going to be the second chris uba - a man to be used in destroying his own people.
he is going to be the channel through which anambra is going to be taken over by the evil man - obj.
shame to soludo, shame to nigerian educated men, shame to self acclaimed igbo elites like soludo, the ubas and iwus.
pdp has used and dumped ekwueme hence they are looking arround for another weak tool.
i will continue respecting those igbos who have refused to shift grounds on their beliefs eg orji uzor kalu and ojukwu.

Please show the Igbos some respect and stop mentioning OJukwu and Orji in the same category.

Ojukwu lost all his millions of dollars of wealth of inherittance defending the Igbos from ethnic cleansing.
While Orji inherited corruption from his mother and has used that to impoverish his people the people of Abia which is why at the time he left office Aba was known as Nigeria's garbage city.
Re: Soludo is the PDP Candidate (Anambra) by haboosa(m): 2:24pm On Oct 14, 2009
"A POLITICAL SAGACITY IS NEVER A GARULOUS ABSURDITY BUT I THINK IT'S AN ABSOLUTE JINGOISM" Nigerians wake up not only the Anambrians alone,we need a messiah to liberate us from this stranglehood of ethnic and political jingoist.As for me Peter obi as tried his best 'cos through out his tenure he has been able to restore peace and tranquility to "HOME FOR ALL"(no kidnapping,no okija shrine palava.etc),qoute me "SOLUDO WILL NOT DELIVER" it will still comes back to the old ding dong affair.May be we stop this PDP from ruling us because there tenure is always AUTOCRAZY,check Kwara state(saraki has been the problem),check Ogun(OBJ &Daniel),OYO(late Adedibu),Kebbi(awal Aliero younger brother of the former gov who is now the minister of the federal capital) to mention but a few.Nigerians wake up from your slumbers and let us kick out this bad heads that has label our noble Nation a bad name in the economic world.
Re: Soludo is the PDP Candidate (Anambra) by marvix(m): 1:55am On Oct 15, 2009
Yaradua needs people he knows he can work with and give sensitive assingments like Fashola and Oshiomole, Soludo way to go in a free and fair contest Soludo is easily the marketable material among the 47 aspirants of the PDP and i see our Obama in the making
Re: Soludo is the PDP Candidate (Anambra) by haykeens(m): 7:03am On Oct 15, 2009

OLENU BI KETTLE
Re: Soludo is the PDP Candidate (Anambra) by Biggyd2: 12:14pm On Oct 15, 2009
The People Deceiving People party is at it again! Why won't soludo just keep his name intact and go back to the university? I mean does he honestly think that his election for starters was free? He should remember what they did to Ngige.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

100 ,000 Workers To Be Laid Off Over N100 Billion Debt / Gej's Message To South Africa / Northern Nigeria Vs Southern Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.