Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,607 members, 7,812,993 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 02:12 AM

NUJ Asks FG, States To Urgently Fix Federal Roads In Southeast - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / NUJ Asks FG, States To Urgently Fix Federal Roads In Southeast (11177 Views)

Work Commences On Federal Roads In Imo -as Minister Of Works Visits Okorocha / Fayose To Fix Federal Government Road In Ekiti State (photos) / Fix Federal Roads In South-East - Ohanaeze Youths Beg Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NUJ Asks FG, States To Urgently Fix Federal Roads In Southeast by Nobody: 12:37pm On Sep 17, 2016
[quote author=ajigiteri post=49431137]South east, my south eastern brothers are not only confused but unconscious, today they say the want Biafra tomorrow they cry of being marginalized. I intentionally served in the east to know their way of life. The are the most disunited tribe on earth, igbos don't trust their next neighbor, that's why you will notice individual fencing around every building even if the building is two rooms BQ. Their tradition and belief support that every house must have an "OBI" this is like a small palace. If every man is a king in a small village how would they obey and listen to the real king of that village. Every nukes and crannies in the east you will see the inscription "autonomous community" meaning that they are not under the authority of anyone. As we speak there are more APC supporters in the east most especially Imo state than the so called PDP I worked as inec Officer in one of the elections people trooped out to vote for APC. Their indeginous APGA is as dead as the founder. There's nothing like respect to the elders in the east, as we speak there's no single political leader that the east can boast of unlike other regions like the north and southwest. No presidential material, no united ethnic group today you hear of iPod, Massob and so on. Outside their southeast, they are more distumited, after meeting of Igbo people in a particular street in Lagos, then another meeting of people that come from same local government in the east, then you see another meeting of people from same village and so on. I took time to ask old people about the origin of Igbo people they have different stories to tell. They can't even mention the name of their forefather just as Hausa history can lay claim to BABAYIDA and Yoruba ODUDUWA. Some of them claim that they are from Israel I wonder how they cross the Red Sea. I don't hate ibos an ibos man chidiebere is my best friend but I just think in my opinion if this wonderful, innovative and industrious tribe can come together they can rule world.

you raised valid points but saying we Igbo's don't respect our elders is an insult and fallacy.we might not prostrate or bow down in greeting that doesn't mean we don't show them respect-it just shows how little you know of an Igbo man.
I don't see the reason behind the trade of unsavory adjectives in this forum between the Igbo's and Yoruba's over an election gone past .Actually the last election put matters into perspective. matters such as the fact Nigerias election is a winner takes all ,and also the fact that no matter what propaganda our media feeds the world,we are a tribalised nation it also rubbished the myth of southern tribes compatibility while breaking obj PDP's pledge to rule us naija for more than twice a dozen years.as for the 5% narrative,what can I say but that what goes around comes around.APC would campaign in the east by 2018-i would love to hear what buhari would say by then.come 2023 all arguments on why the Igbo hasn't ruled naija would be rendered tact less and redundant. but till then,we can only watch and pay for past mistakes.

1 Like

Re: NUJ Asks FG, States To Urgently Fix Federal Roads In Southeast by willibounce1(m): 12:40pm On Sep 17, 2016
South East and every other state will develop when people begin to tackle and ask their leaders questions. The roads are bad, people just complain and don't follow up.

Nobody is protesting against bad roads, poor power supply, poor health care and the rest. We won't disturb our governors and senators. We just allow these people use us against one another.

The mumu press too won't help. They only know how to collect money and sing praises of these evil politicians. The moment Nigerians wake up to play their part, our foolish leaders will wake up....

You can protest for biafra but cannot protest to your governors and FG to do basic things needed in the state. Won't you suffer the same fate if you get biafra?
Re: NUJ Asks FG, States To Urgently Fix Federal Roads In Southeast by Nobody: 2:36pm On Sep 17, 2016
ajigiteri:
South east, my south eastern brothers are not only confused but unconscious, today they say the want Biafra tomorrow they cry of being marginalized. I intentionally served in the east to know their way of life. The are the most disunited tribe on earth, igbos don't trust their next neighbor, that's why you will notice individual fencing around every building even if the building is two rooms BQ. Their tradition and belief support that every house must have an "OBI" this is like a small palace. If every man is a king in a small village how would they obey and listen to the real king of that village. Every nukes and crannies in the east you will see the inscription "autonomous community" meaning that they are not under the authority of anyone. As we speak there are more APC supporters in the east most especially Imo state than the so called PDP I worked as inec Officer in one of the elections people trooped out to vote for APC. Their indeginous APGA is as dead as the founder. There's nothing like respect to the elders in the east, as we speak there's no single political leader that the east can boast of unlike other regions like the north and southwest. No presidential material, no united ethnic group today you hear of iPod, Massob and so on. Outside their southeast, they are more distumited, after meeting of Igbo people in a particular street in Lagos, then another meeting of people that come from same local government in the east, then you see another meeting of people from same village and so on. I took time to ask old people about the origin of Igbo people they have different stories to tell. They can't even mention the name of their forefather just as Hausa history can lay claim to BABAYIDA and Yoruba ODUDUWA. Some of them claim that they are from Israel I wonder how they cross the Red Sea. I don't hate ibos an ibos man chidiebere is my best friend but I just think in my opinion if this wonderful, innovative and industrious tribe can come together they can rule world.

so houses in Lagos don't have fencing?

1 Like

Re: NUJ Asks FG, States To Urgently Fix Federal Roads In Southeast by NameCheckers: 2:43pm On Sep 17, 2016
ajigiteri:
South east, my south eastern brothers are not only confused but unconscious, today they say the want Biafra tomorrow they cry of being marginalized. I intentionally served in the east to know their way of life. The are the most disunited tribe on earth, igbos don't trust their next neighbor, that's why you will notice individual fencing around every building even if the building is two rooms BQ. Their tradition and belief support that every house must have an "OBI" this is like a small palace. If every man is a king in a small village how would they obey and listen to the real king of that village. Every nukes and crannies in the east you will see the inscription "autonomous community" meaning that they are not under the authority of anyone. As we speak there are more APC supporters in the east most especially Imo state than the so called PDP I worked as inec Officer in one of the elections people trooped out to vote for APC. Their indeginous APGA is as dead as the founder. There's nothing like respect to the elders in the east, as we speak there's no single political leader that the east can boast of unlike other regions like the north and southwest. No presidential material, no united ethnic group today you hear of iPod, Massob and so on. Outside their southeast, they are more distumited, after meeting of Igbo people in a particular street in Lagos, then another meeting of people that come from same local government in the east, then you see another meeting of people from same village and so on. I took time to ask old people about the origin of Igbo people they have different stories to tell. They can't even mention the name of their forefather just as Hausa history can lay claim to BABAYIDA and Yoruba ODUDUWA. Some of them claim that they are from Israel I wonder how they cross the Red Sea. I don't hate ibos an ibos man chidiebere is my best friend but I just think in my opinion if this wonderful, innovative and industrious tribe can come together they can rule world.

Tribal bigot. U lace nairaland with ur tribal comments everytime. Y do u hate igbos? Just look at the gibberish u typed just to paint other people black.

1 Like

Re: NUJ Asks FG, States To Urgently Fix Federal Roads In Southeast by abdoolorunwa(m): 3:06pm On Sep 17, 2016
waternogetenemy:

People like u are the reasons we have guns and bomb on earth, ur reasoning dey like fowl yansh.

U still going to cry wen they say go and form ur own country, so they can have Biafra.

Sicketus!
MY FRIEND THIS HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH BIAFRA.
THIS IS LIKE PLANTING CASSAVA AND HARVESTING CASSAVA.
THE GUY IS SIMPLY SAYING LET THOSE WHO VOTED FOR HIM ENJOY HIM FIRST, AND THEN THOSE WHO DIDN'T SHOULD WATCH OUT FOR PART II
Re: NUJ Asks FG, States To Urgently Fix Federal Roads In Southeast by InvertedHammer: 8:44pm On Sep 17, 2016
waternogetenemy:

GEJ is from Bayelsa, wat did he do in Bayelsa or his region?

He did more in Kaduna and Kano than Bayelsa, that is wat u call a President thinking about the whole country.

Not ur present biggot elected by the most biggotted tribe(yorubas) in Nigeria, who only thinks North as a Northerner himself.

Biggots begets biggots.
/
You became the jury and the judge.

In other words, Goodluck sacrificed the interests of the SS/SE for the interests of the North. If politics is all about interests, it clearly shows that GEJ was as clueless as it can get. What did the northerners give him in return? Nada. Because they understand the rules of engagement in politics. Not that I expect you to understand under the spell of emotions.

\

1 Like

Re: NUJ Asks FG, States To Urgently Fix Federal Roads In Southeast by Triple333: 9:18pm On Sep 17, 2016
Is a shame that we have a Contractor in the name of gov. Imo is a shame
Re: NUJ Asks FG, States To Urgently Fix Federal Roads In Southeast by temeem: 6:22am On Sep 21, 2016
Gozzzy:
, it pays to think before talking, not after talking!!!! Igbos supported GEJ, not cos he did anything for us, but cos he is a Southerner!!!!! GEJ did absolutely NOTHING for South East, we just don't have the mind to betray Fellow Southerners, no matter the Southern Zone the person is from... unlike the treacherous afonjass that will not only betray southerners, but will also betray themselves!!! South East has always been shortchanged by the Nigerian government since time immemorial, that's why we keep saying we wanna leave!!!! So, if ur brain isn't functional yet, why not shut the hole in ur face, till it is!!!!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Akwa Ibom Deputy Governor, Moses, Commissions Borehole (PICS) / 2023: Abia APC Publishes Names Of House Of Assembly Candidates (See Full List) / Why Are South-East Governors Afraid To Criticize Buhari??

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.