Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,157 members, 7,818,510 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:36 PM

How To Avoid/escape Stray Bullets - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / How To Avoid/escape Stray Bullets (1383 Views)

300,000 Live Bullets Concealed In Trucks Intercepted By Army In Ogun (Photos) / Stray Bullets Kill UNILAG Final Year Student And Staff In Lagos / 'How Nigerian Police Blew Off My Baby's Brains With Bullets' - Woman (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To Avoid/escape Stray Bullets by number5(m): 7:05pm On Sep 16, 2016
it is a well known fact that so many innocent Nigerians have lost their very precious life to stray bullets arisiing from police/criminal clash, or gang clashes. while nobody is a comical superman that could just let a bullet bounce of him/her for fun or flash that could run faster than a bullet, it is paramount to note that a little bit of carefulnes can reduce the risk of being hit by a stray bullet by up to 5%. yes that small because stray bullet victims are actually almost always taken unawares. I lost an elder to stray bullets last week wich prompted me to make this research.

1. Always try your best to avoid frequenting areas known for gangster violence at odd hours of the night

2. do not be too fast to run,Neither should you be too slow to run...don't run panickly to nowere because others started running, and don't stand for too long when it has become obvious that everybody around is running away from a particular direction

3. don't hesitate to lie down flat on the ground should you sight or hear a police/robber car chase coming towards your house or were you are

4. should there be sudden gunshot around an area you are walking, run with caution,,always making sure that you lower your height below arm level.

5. should you be in a car travelling and armed robbers starts shooting at your direction (or any direction at all) one key word for you..'dock' as fast as possible.

6. when running in a crises situation, make sure you are in the middle of the runners. do NOT be on the edge.

7. if you are being chased by an armed person, do not run on a straight line or on a circle, always run a zig-zag motion.

8. if you don't know to swim, learn it, it might come in handy for a quick escape route.

9. watever religion you practice, try out meditation once in a while, it helps increase your sensory perception of stimulis from even afar.

10. if you belive in GOD like me, Do what you know how to do best, PRAY ALWAYS.

I Pray God keeps all of us safe from negative circumstances. have a blissful weekend.

1 Like

Re: How To Avoid/escape Stray Bullets by number5(m): 7:16pm On Sep 16, 2016
cc: lalasticlala ,,pls let the world see this
Re: How To Avoid/escape Stray Bullets by freesinzu(m): 7:18pm On Sep 16, 2016
God save us all

1 Like

Re: How To Avoid/escape Stray Bullets by Shinery0123(m): 7:20pm On Sep 16, 2016
Thanks for this beautiful piece. It is indeed gonna be helpful to whoever is in need of it. May we not have such terrible experience and may God almighty forgive lost souls

1 Like

Re: How To Avoid/escape Stray Bullets by zarakay(f): 7:22pm On Sep 16, 2016
Nice write up btw
it is God that protects Afterall.

1 Like

Re: How To Avoid/escape Stray Bullets by number5(m): 10:39pm On Sep 16, 2016
God will protect us always
Re: How To Avoid/escape Stray Bullets by SABA2002(m): 11:10pm On Sep 16, 2016
What about those stray bullets that just show up without your knowledge?

Na God dey protect.
Re: How To Avoid/escape Stray Bullets by Wasky101: 8:52am On Sep 17, 2016
SABA2002:
What about those stray bullets that just show up without your knowledge?

Na God dey protect.
Any stray bullet they show up with your knowledge?
Re: How To Avoid/escape Stray Bullets by Raymondluv(m): 9:01am On Sep 17, 2016
What if you are in a commercial bus or taxi and arm robbers shoot at the vehicle wat will you do?
Re: How To Avoid/escape Stray Bullets by number5(m): 1:43pm On Sep 17, 2016
Raymondluv:
What if you are in a commercial bus or taxi and arm robbers shoot at the vehicle wat will you do?

U can do little or nothing about the first few shots,,,,if u survive those, then Dock,,jes go down low grin grin grin
Re: How To Avoid/escape Stray Bullets by SleekyPosh(m): 5:12pm On Sep 17, 2016
Early morning Prayers for God's Protection and Guidance on our lives on a daily Basis is key.

If you actually hear the sound of gunshot then you still have an option of taking any of the actions OP listed..But the fact is Victims do not and never hear the sound of the shot...

if you wont die...Even if stray bullet come for you..you go still survive..

Bout swimming...That skill is one very vital ability most people should learn..

Am a skilled swimmer..Nd I don't mind teaching people who show interest nd are ready to learn.
Re: How To Avoid/escape Stray Bullets by number5(m): 12:53am On Sep 18, 2016
SleekyPosh:
Early morning Prayers for God's Protection and Guidance on our lives on a daily Basis is key.

If you actually hear the sound of gunshot then you still have an option of taking any of the actions OP listed..But the fact is Victims do not and never hear the sound of the shot...

if you wont die...Even if stray bullet come for you..you go still survive..

Bout swimming...That skill is one very vital ability most people should learn..

Am a skilled swimmer..Nd I don't mind teaching people who show interest nd are ready to learn.

walahi fa, been looking for who will teach me
Re: How To Avoid/escape Stray Bullets by SleekyPosh(m): 6:41am On Sep 19, 2016
number5:

walahi fa, been looking for who will teach me
Im based in Lagos...if you are also in lagos..good
Re: How To Avoid/escape Stray Bullets by number5(m): 10:03am On Oct 04, 2016
SleekyPosh:

Im based in Lagos...if you are also in lagos..good

ughhh...I left lagos some months ago...planning to return soon though
Re: How To Avoid/escape Stray Bullets by olumaxi(m): 10:13am On Oct 04, 2016
D Lord is my shepherd......even though i walk through d valley of d shadow of death,i fear no evil
Re: How To Avoid/escape Stray Bullets by Rucheen(m): 1:04pm On Oct 04, 2016
do odeshi simple

(1) (Reply)

Taboo!18yr-old Girl Reveals Wat Happened The First Time She Had Sex With Her Dad / Custom Intercepts Containers Of Jollof Rice, Egusi Soup , Porridge From India / Teacher Impregnate By Student Get 10yrs In Jail

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.