Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,676 members, 7,865,718 topics. Date: Thursday, 20 June 2024 at 01:21 AM

New Airtel Lines Are Fraud, Dont Buy Them - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / New Airtel Lines Are Fraud, Dont Buy Them (839 Views)

Observation : All Airtel Lines In Port Harcourt Has Since Morning Been Offline. / The Truth Behind The New Airtel Operamini Plan / Deactivate Airtel Lines: How Airtel cheats customers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

New Airtel Lines Are Fraud, Dont Buy Them by mrph: 7:33pm On Sep 16, 2016
Hello,
I bought the new Airtel line (090757xxxxx) for online usage, but to my greatest surprise, the line cannot be used to activate any of facebook.com, gmail.com or yahoo.com.
It obviously means that Airtel have not done their international agreements or whatever it is called to get the worldwide systems to recognize the new lines.
I called their customer service and after putting me on hold for some time, they told me that they are aware of this problem and are working on it.

I was wondering, why sell these lines when you know some of its features are not working?
My advice - if you intend to do online anything with a sim, dont go for Airtel
Re: New Airtel Lines Are Fraud, Dont Buy Them by hgnbello(m): 7:38pm On Sep 16, 2016
have u go 2 any airtel office 2 complain? Nd what did they said?. Smhw

1 Like

Re: New Airtel Lines Are Fraud, Dont Buy Them by Nobody: 7:42pm On Sep 16, 2016
It is not just Airtel. I think most of the lines starting with 090 are not recognized. I also have an etisalat line with 090 and I cant use it for Gmail or Yahoo registration.

1 Like

Re: New Airtel Lines Are Fraud, Dont Buy Them by Edek27(m): 8:05pm On Sep 16, 2016
Yeah me 2 I can't use it for any account embarassed

1 Like

Re: New Airtel Lines Are Fraud, Dont Buy Them by mrph: 10:23pm On Sep 17, 2016
Have you guys reported to NCC?
I went to NCC website and sent them a webmail complaint.
I suggest you all do same

(1) (Reply)

100% Data Bonus On Airtel Triple Surf Offer / Specs And Price Of Umi Z: The First Global Handset To Offer Mediatek Helios X27 / The Blade V8 Is Another New Dual-camera Smartphone, Courtesy Of Zte(photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.