Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,527 members, 7,826,979 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 01:59 AM

Obama's Speech Plagiarism: Buhari Orders Sanctions For Speech Mix Up - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Obama's Speech Plagiarism: Buhari Orders Sanctions For Speech Mix Up (30485 Views)

Mamman Daura Plagiarized Obama's Speech For Buhari - Sahara Reporters / Plagiarism: Buhari Is Not To Blame! / Buhari Accused Of Plagiarising Obama’s Speech (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Obama's Speech Plagiarism: Buhari Orders Sanctions For Speech Mix Up by osinbanjoisaliar: 9:24pm On Sep 16, 2016
President Muhammadu Buhari has ordered prompt and appropriate disciplinary action be taken against those responsible for a wrongful insertion in his speech delivered on September 8, 2016 at the launch of the “Change Begins with Me’’ campaign.
A statement by the Senior Special Assistant on Media and Publicity, Garba Shehu, said that it was observed that the similarities between a paragraph in President Obama’s 2008 Victory Speech and what President Buhari read in paragraph nine of the sixteen-paragraph address while inaugurating the Campaign on Thursday, September 8, 2016 are too close to be passed as coincidence.

It reads: “There was a mistake by an overzealous staff and we regret that this has happened.

“Already, a Deputy Director in the Presidency has accepted responsibility for the insertion of the contentious paragraph.
“This serious oversight will be investigated thoroughly and appropriate sanction meted.
“The Presidency wishes to state in the clearest possible terms that it regrets this unfortunate incident and will ensure that this does not happen again,” It added
President Buhari also urged Nigerians to look beyond the incident and focus on the message of change which the country needed to restore her cherished value systems.

www.thenationonlineng.net/buhari-orders-sanctions-speech-mix/

5 Likes

Re: Obama's Speech Plagiarism: Buhari Orders Sanctions For Speech Mix Up by madridguy(m): 9:25pm On Sep 16, 2016
Plagiarism or no Plagiarism I stand with Buhari.

SAI BABA till Wailers tire. grin

127 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Obama's Speech Plagiarism: Buhari Orders Sanctions For Speech Mix Up by feldido(m): 9:26pm On Sep 16, 2016
Breeze don blow fowl yansh don show... Na today dem de notice the plagiarisms? undecided

142 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Obama's Speech Plagiarism: Buhari Orders Sanctions For Speech Mix Up by osinbanjoisaliar: 9:27pm On Sep 16, 2016
The same way he ordered an investigation into the budget padding fiasco. Abeg tell us another story.

199 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Obama's Speech Plagiarism: Buhari Orders Sanctions For Speech Mix Up by Leopantro: 9:29pm On Sep 16, 2016
you just read the paper that was placed in front of you?

mars123:
dude what crime has the writer comitted in copying a bit part of Obama's speech? The only implication is that jobless mofos like you and the rest 1d1ots quoting me who are obviously suffering from wailing syndrome after the defeat of your grandmaster IB cum hero will once again have something to masturbate on for a while. You could help me spell it out if you are aware of any other implication that is really worth my bother.

mars123:
I still insist the government hasn't committed plagiarism.

81 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Obama's Speech Plagiarism: Buhari Orders Sanctions For Speech Mix Up by Firefire(m): 9:29pm On Sep 16, 2016
“It is immoral to plagiarize other people’s work, but even worse to use dishonesty to launch a campaign about honesty"

From one disgrace to another.

Nigerians don enter ONE CHANCE. embarassed

266 Likes 18 Shares

Re: Obama's Speech Plagiarism: Buhari Orders Sanctions For Speech Mix Up by Firefire(m): 9:31pm On Sep 16, 2016
osinbanjoisaliar:
The same way he ordered an investigation into the budget padding fiasco. Abeg tell us another story.

Yes oooo

Including the multiple investigation of Chibok girls drama...

111 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Obama's Speech Plagiarism: Buhari Orders Sanctions For Speech Mix Up by Nobody: 9:33pm On Sep 16, 2016
Firefire:
From one disgrace to another.

Nigerians don enter ONE CHANCE. embarassed

Too bad!!

48 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Obama's Speech Plagiarism: Buhari Orders Sanctions For Speech Mix Up by idupaul: 9:34pm On Sep 16, 2016
I am very sure Jonathan inserted the plagiarised passage just to embarrass our winning president

136 Likes 13 Shares

Re: Obama's Speech Plagiarism: Buhari Orders Sanctions For Speech Mix Up by Jafar1: 9:35pm On Sep 16, 2016
BringBackOurGirls

And

BringBackOurEconomy

14 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Obama's Speech Plagiarism: Buhari Orders Sanctions For Speech Mix Up by NextGovernor(m): 9:35pm On Sep 16, 2016
This country under APC is really diminishing....... Disgracing we citizens. From one disgrace to another everyday..

Since Buhari is so dull, anytime they want to give speech they should call Oshiomole to represent him instead of disgracing Nigeria. Oshiomole one can stand for 10 years addressing the nation without looking at any written note. He is only good at that.

38 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Obama's Speech Plagiarism: Buhari Orders Sanctions For Speech Mix Up by DaniDani(m): 9:36pm On Sep 16, 2016
You care so much about this but you don't care about the report of your siblings dying of hunger in idp camps? you don't care about the hardships u imposed on innocent Nigerians? you don't care about the economy you ran aground which has resulted to massive loss of jobs? ......finally, you don't care about the zombies you deceived with changi?

22 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Obama's Speech Plagiarism: Buhari Orders Sanctions For Speech Mix Up by kernel504(m): 9:36pm On Sep 16, 2016
He's so dumb that he doesn't take responsibility of his mistakes. Who is responsible for calling German Chancellor, President of Western Germany?
APC, I guess you are disappointed with Buhari's daily goofing, mostly for sending African biggest economy into recession in just 15 months into office, what an achievement.

88 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Obama's Speech Plagiarism: Buhari Orders Sanctions For Speech Mix Up by Nobody: 9:37pm On Sep 16, 2016
idupaul:
I am very sure Jonathan inserted the plagiarised passage just embarrass our winning president

Exactly..Jonathan is to blame! angry

102 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Obama's Speech Plagiarism: Buhari Orders Sanctions For Speech Mix Up by Luckylife(m): 9:41pm On Sep 16, 2016
This government will never cease to amaze me , since they came to power none of their policies or actions goes without fault or self afflicted consequences.

31 Likes 1 Share

Re: Obama's Speech Plagiarism: Buhari Orders Sanctions For Speech Mix Up by RZArecta(m): 9:43pm On Sep 16, 2016
Which kind yeye president and govt we come get for this country sef ? Playing to the gallery abi push and start Baba

15 Likes

Re: Obama's Speech Plagiarism: Buhari Orders Sanctions For Speech Mix Up by tinkinjow: 9:43pm On Sep 16, 2016
DDeliverer:

Exactly..Jonathan is to blame! angry
cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy grin grin
Btw which one kom be speech mix up?
Lol
Plagiarism is what it is - PLAGIARISM. It's no mix up

15 Likes

Re: Obama's Speech Plagiarism: Buhari Orders Sanctions For Speech Mix Up by basilo101: 9:44pm On Sep 16, 2016
I said it

46 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Obama's Speech Plagiarism: Buhari Orders Sanctions For Speech Mix Up by Nobody: 9:52pm On Sep 16, 2016
If only PMB ever spent time reading anything at all since 1984 am sure when he got to that paragraph he would have sensed that he may have read or heard something similar in the past.

But no, he was busy rearing his cattle without recourse for self improvement.

Anyways who cares since majority of Nigerians prefer a NEPA bill holder. grin grin

54 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Obama's Speech Plagiarism: Buhari Orders Sanctions For Speech Mix Up by OrlandoOwoh(m): 9:56pm On Sep 16, 2016
NextGovernor:
This country under APC is really diminishing....... Disgracing we citizens. From one disgrace to another everyday..

Since Buhari is so dull, anytime they want to give speech they should call Oshiomole to represent him instead of disgracing Nigeria. Oshiomole one can stand for 10 years addressing the nation without looking at any written note. He is only good at that.
Has Jonathan appologized for lieing in his Independence Day anniversary speech of 2012 that Nigeria was second, after the US, in the fight against corruption according to the Tranperency International?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Obama's Speech Plagiarism: Buhari Orders Sanctions For Speech Mix Up by Dcomrade(m): 9:58pm On Sep 16, 2016
grin

13 Likes

Re: Obama's Speech Plagiarism: Buhari Orders Sanctions For Speech Mix Up by Mockinbird: 10:01pm On Sep 16, 2016
madridguy:

Zombie of life!

55 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Obama's Speech Plagiarism: Buhari Orders Sanctions For Speech Mix Up by Dcomrade(m): 10:02pm On Sep 16, 2016
You see why #ChangeBeginsWithBuhari and not the masses.. .... grin

80 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Obama's Speech Plagiarism: Buhari Orders Sanctions For Speech Mix Up by drss2(m): 10:02pm On Sep 16, 2016
...n dat was how buari (budget padder/plagiarizer) used his aids as scape goats.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Obama's Speech Plagiarism: Buhari Orders Sanctions For Speech Mix Up by Dcomrade(m): 10:03pm On Sep 16, 2016
embarassed cry

30 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Obama's Speech Plagiarism: Buhari Orders Sanctions For Speech Mix Up by Nobody: 10:05pm On Sep 16, 2016
OrlandoOwoh:

Has Jonathan appologized for lieing in his Independence Day anniversary speech of 2012 that Nigeria was second, after the US, in the fight against corruption according to the Tranperency International?

Did you vote for Buhari to repeat the same mistakes of GEJ or did you vote him to correct them?

I would suggest a wise person would vote for an upgrade. grin grin grin

82 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Obama's Speech Plagiarism: Buhari Orders Sanctions For Speech Mix Up by madridguy(m): 10:05pm On Sep 16, 2016
Wailers till eternity.

Mockinbird:

Zombie of life!

2 Likes

Re: Obama's Speech Plagiarism: Buhari Orders Sanctions For Speech Mix Up by OrlandoOwoh(m): 10:06pm On Sep 16, 2016
woodcook:

Did you vote for Buhari to repeat the same mistakes of GEJ or did you vote him to correct them?

I would suggest a wise person would vote for an upgrade. grin grin grin

Abeg shift.

3 Likes

Re: Obama's Speech Plagiarism: Buhari Orders Sanctions For Speech Mix Up by 01emek(m): 10:07pm On Sep 16, 2016
I find it hard to believe that the presidency and his aids could not composed an article for the program but go about stealing someone's work. seriously this is unpardonable ...

11 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Obama's Speech Plagiarism: Buhari Orders Sanctions For Speech Mix Up by Nobody: 10:11pm On Sep 16, 2016
OrlandoOwoh:

Abeg shift.

I should shift because I asked you to start using your brain?

Anyways just imagine what would be going through God's/Allah's mind, "after fitting OrlandoOwoh with a solid brain, he still does not want to use it"

36 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Obama's Speech Plagiarism: Buhari Orders Sanctions For Speech Mix Up by otitokoroleti: 10:11pm On Sep 16, 2016
madridguy:

O ma se o

10 Likes

Re: Obama's Speech Plagiarism: Buhari Orders Sanctions For Speech Mix Up by NextGovernor(m): 10:12pm On Sep 16, 2016
OrlandoOwoh:

You see your life. U go just die for nothing even Buhari non go know say person like you dey live. They will always find way to relate it to GEJ. Typical zom.bie

25 Likes 3 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Peter Obi Arrives Jos For Labor Party's Plateau Rally / Marriageable Age Of Places Around The World / Shekau Shuns TIME 100 Gala

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.