Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,920 members, 7,817,697 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:30 PM

Obama's Speech Plagiarism: Buhari Orders Sanctions For Speech Mix Up - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Obama's Speech Plagiarism: Buhari Orders Sanctions For Speech Mix Up (30473 Views)

Mamman Daura Plagiarized Obama's Speech For Buhari - Sahara Reporters / Plagiarism: Buhari Is Not To Blame! / Buhari Accused Of Plagiarising Obama’s Speech (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Obama's Speech Plagiarism: Buhari Orders Sanctions For Speech Mix Up by bishop1988(m): 12:15pm On Sep 17, 2016
Ekakamba:
I don't appreciate this idea of the presidency apportioning blame for every error and taking the glory for every success. That's a very poor leadership quality.

For this ur comment take water...U just hit the nail on the head
Re: Obama's Speech Plagiarism: Buhari Orders Sanctions For Speech Mix Up by greatermax77(m): 12:17pm On Sep 17, 2016
Thats the end of the matter.
Re: Obama's Speech Plagiarism: Buhari Orders Sanctions For Speech Mix Up by Nobody: 12:17pm On Sep 17, 2016
That was how he used a phase from the book, Julius Caeser, "I belong to everybody and I belong to nobody". Can't the President address Nigerians without script?

Hope he won't hold Nigerians/PDP accountable for this o? Cos they are good at blaming.
I think this is part of their plans to distract Nigerians from holding them accountable for change.
Newmanluckyman:
... Have you blame Jonathan today?
That was how he used a phase from the book, Julius Caeser, "I belong to everybody and I belong to nobody". Can't the President address Nigerians without script?

Hope he won't hold Nigerians/PDP accountable for this o? Cos they are good at blaming.
I think this is part of their plans to distract Nigerians from holding them accountable for change.

You are right
Re: Obama's Speech Plagiarism: Buhari Orders Sanctions For Speech Mix Up by Ishilove: 12:23pm On Sep 17, 2016
Nigerians and inconsequential things. We have more serious issues confronting us but we're here making noise over a speech. It's a pity

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Obama's Speech Plagiarism: Buhari Orders Sanctions For Speech Mix Up by nellyelitz(m): 12:33pm On Sep 17, 2016
face saving brats
Re: Obama's Speech Plagiarism: Buhari Orders Sanctions For Speech Mix Up by Nobody: 12:44pm On Sep 17, 2016
kernel504:
He's so dumb that he doesn't take responsibility of his mistakes. Who is responsible for calling German Chancellor, President of Western Germany?
APC, I guess you are disappointed with Buhari's daily goofing, mostly for sending African biggest economy into recession in just 15 months into office, what an achievement.

This is the best achievement Nigerians ever had.
Re: Obama's Speech Plagiarism: Buhari Orders Sanctions For Speech Mix Up by Futureleader201(m): 1:17pm On Sep 17, 2016
This is what you get when you have a president that is looking for his senior school certificate result.

APC I hail una.

Change begins with you tongue tongue tongue lipsrsealed grin grin

Re: Obama's Speech Plagiarism: Buhari Orders Sanctions For Speech Mix Up by Jackrich: 1:56pm On Sep 17, 2016
Is it the certificate forgery or the inaugural speech or the #ChangeBeginsWithMe speech? Which of them scales the fence of "the mistake of an honest man"? In 1986 a popular Nigerian journalist was detected to have plagiarized Thomas Paine. He denied the allegation and stated that he had not read Paine. I personally had to research into him and discovered that he had not only read Paine, but had actually quoted the author in an earlier edition of their magazine with the front page caption "Discord in the Church" with a cover prelude titled "Sermon of Crisis". A columnist in the African Concord then (One Ahmed) gave the erring journalist the appellation of "Journalist Iscariot". What do we call this one? President Iscariot? Those who support this clueless president must have to go through the full circle of presidential embarrassment coming from the "President Iscariot"? Going philosophical cannot make you escape reality. You must face it! God knows I never believed or supported the "Change" which began with stealing intellectual property. I still don't believe in it! - Buhari is as corrupt as any Nigerian that you can think of .

1 Like

Re: Obama's Speech Plagiarism: Buhari Orders Sanctions For Speech Mix Up by ozimec(m): 1:56pm On Sep 17, 2016
madridguy:
Plagiarism or no Plagiarism I stand with Buhari.

SAI BABA till Wailers tire. grin

plagiarism
ˈpleɪdʒərɪz(ə)m/
noun
the practice of taking someone else's work or ideas and passing them off as one's own.
"there were accusations of plagiarism"
synonyms: copying, infringement of copyright, piracy, theft, stealing, poaching, appropriation; informalcribbing
Re: Obama's Speech Plagiarism: Buhari Orders Sanctions For Speech Mix Up by ozimec(m): 1:58pm On Sep 17, 2016
Leopantro:
you just read the paper that was placed in front of you?

plagiarism
ˈpleɪdʒərɪz(ə)m/
noun
the practice of taking someone else's work or ideas and passing them off as one's own.
"there were accusations of plagiarism"
synonyms: copying, infringement of copyright, piracy, theft, stealing, poaching, appropriation; informalcribbing
Re: Obama's Speech Plagiarism: Buhari Orders Sanctions For Speech Mix Up by Rick9(m): 2:05pm On Sep 17, 2016
Empty brains
Re: Obama's Speech Plagiarism: Buhari Orders Sanctions For Speech Mix Up by sunnymaja(m): 2:21pm On Sep 17, 2016
Firefire:
“It is immoral to plagiarize other people’s work, but even worse to use dishonesty to launch a campaign about honesty"

From one disgrace to another.

Nigerians don enter ONE CHANCE. embarassed

Be honest: how do you think the president can know one paragraph was copied from 11pages sheet.
Re: Obama's Speech Plagiarism: Buhari Orders Sanctions For Speech Mix Up by oojehshez(f): 2:46pm On Sep 17, 2016
pple get archive sha...how dem take connect am
Re: Obama's Speech Plagiarism: Buhari Orders Sanctions For Speech Mix Up by soldierdollar(m): 2:46pm On Sep 17, 2016
OrlandoOwoh:

Has Jonathan appologized for lieing in his Independence Day anniversary speech of 2012 that Nigeria was second, after the US, in the fight against corruption according to the Tranperency International?

If Jonathan apologises ... What next
Re: Obama's Speech Plagiarism: Buhari Orders Sanctions For Speech Mix Up by beejay4all(m): 2:58pm On Sep 17, 2016
Copy copy APC government. change begins with really.
Re: Obama's Speech Plagiarism: Buhari Orders Sanctions For Speech Mix Up by Emassive(m): 3:05pm On Sep 17, 2016
Overcooked Zombie....
madridguy:
Plagiarism or no Plagiarism I stand with Buhari.

SAI BABA till Wailers tire. grin
Re: Obama's Speech Plagiarism: Buhari Orders Sanctions For Speech Mix Up by TheAlchemist: 4:05pm On Sep 17, 2016
We plagiarize their speech, but we refuse to plagiarize the process and can do spirit that has made America a great nation... that is the real crime!
Re: Obama's Speech Plagiarism: Buhari Orders Sanctions For Speech Mix Up by yedidiah(m): 4:24pm On Sep 17, 2016
Nothing like overzealous staff jare. Hold the people responsible for writing his speech.

Shikena

1 Like

Re: Obama's Speech Plagiarism: Buhari Orders Sanctions For Speech Mix Up by Nobody: 4:32pm On Sep 17, 2016
IstandwithBUHARI Who care about the so call Plagiarism, what we need is economic resuscitation
Re: Obama's Speech Plagiarism: Buhari Orders Sanctions For Speech Mix Up by Codes151(m): 5:29pm On Sep 17, 2016
Read without understanding?? How u wan take understand naija?
Re: Obama's Speech Plagiarism: Buhari Orders Sanctions For Speech Mix Up by Nobody: 6:29pm On Sep 17, 2016
All APC wanted to do was to wrestle power from PDP...they don't have the slightest idea on how to run a government
Re: Obama's Speech Plagiarism: Buhari Orders Sanctions For Speech Mix Up by billyG(m): 7:19pm On Sep 17, 2016
Until this govt. rid hersef of pdp element & 5th columnist in their mist dey will continue 2 embarass them.look what dey did 2 his budget.
Re: Obama's Speech Plagiarism: Buhari Orders Sanctions For Speech Mix Up by free13: 11:08pm On Sep 17, 2016
Firefire:
“It is immoral to plagiarize other people’s work, but even worse to use dishonesty to launch a campaign about honesty"

From one disgrace to another.

Nigerians don enter ONE CHANCE. embarassed

grin

1 Like

Re: Obama's Speech Plagiarism: Buhari Orders Sanctions For Speech Mix Up by sungelsocco(m): 11:27pm On Sep 17, 2016
By the way, why should Buhari be questioned about his repeating Obama's' speech. you guys should leave him alone. he has traveled far and wide to learn this grammar and he has the right to employ them. Moreover the speech was not a protected document that nobody should replicate
Re: Obama's Speech Plagiarism: Buhari Orders Sanctions For Speech Mix Up by saintauch(m): 1:18am On Sep 18, 2016
There is absolutely nothing wrong in lifting someone else's speech, all you need to do is to acknowledge the original author.
Re: Obama's Speech Plagiarism: Buhari Orders Sanctions For Speech Mix Up by obainosis4real: 9:42am On Sep 18, 2016
Leopantro:
you just read the paper that was placed in front of you?

the person has accepted his flaws and u are still depending or didn't he tell not 2 defend dis one? dat it's not part of d money he paid u 4 ur online defence... From what u said, u are d one dat is running dis country down with ur selfish attitude.. OMG what type of human being is dis....

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Shekau Shuns TIME 100 Gala / Military Frees 128 Detainees In Borno. / Video Showing Me Urging Nigerians To Vote Buhari Doctored – Saraki

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.