Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,382 members, 7,846,618 topics. Date: Friday, 31 May 2024 at 07:28 PM

Buhari To Sanction Aides Over President’s Plagiarism Of Obama’s Speech - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari To Sanction Aides Over President’s Plagiarism Of Obama’s Speech (1181 Views)

Buhari ‘warns Aides Over Obasanjo’ / UN Vote: No Decision To Sanction Nigeria Yet - US Says / Presidency Fires Director Over Plagiarism Of Obama's Speech (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Buhari To Sanction Aides Over President’s Plagiarism Of Obama’s Speech by Nobody: 11:58pm On Sep 16, 2016
The Presidency has issued the statement below admitting that the speech read by President Muhammadu Buhari contained insertions plagiarised from a 2008 speech by U.S. President, Barack Obama.
A statement by a presidency spokesperson, Garba Shehu, said an investigation had been launched into the matter and that officials so far identified to have committed the blunder would be punished.
Read full presidency statement below.

President Muhammadu Buhari has ordered that prompt and appropriate disciplinary action be taken against those responsible for a wrongful insertion in his speech delivered on September 8, 2016 at the launch of the “Change Begins with Me’’ campaign.
It was observed that the similarities between a paragraph in President Obama’s 2008 Victory Speech and what President Buhari read in paragraph nine of the sixteen-paragraph address while inaugurating the Campaign on Thursday, September 8, 2016 are too close to be passed as coincidence.
There was a mistake by an overzealous staff and we regret that this has happened.
Already, a Deputy Director in the Presidency has accepted responsibility for the insertion of the contentious paragraph.
This serious oversight will be investigated thoroughly and appropriate sanction meted.
The Presidency wishes to state in the clearest possible terms that it regrets this unfortunate incident and will ensure that this does not happen again.
President Buhari urges Nigerians to look beyond this incident and focus on the message of change which the country needs in order to restore our cherished value systems.
Garba Shehu
SSA to the President
(Media & Publicity)
September 16, 2016

www.premiumtimesng.com/news/headlines/210554-buhari-sanction-aides-presidents-plagiarism-obamas-speech.html
Re: Buhari To Sanction Aides Over President’s Plagiarism Of Obama’s Speech by Nobody: 12:07am On Sep 17, 2016
When I said this guy no go school unna say Na lie some even say he school in us.

3 Likes

Re: Buhari To Sanction Aides Over President’s Plagiarism Of Obama’s Speech by nnachukz(m): 12:09am On Sep 17, 2016
Everything na investigation for them even when it is clear. They can only deceive their zombies.

2 Likes

Re: Buhari To Sanction Aides Over President’s Plagiarism Of Obama’s Speech by sekundosekundo: 12:14am On Sep 17, 2016
APC AND BUHARI are record breakers from padded budget to padded speech. Everything about this government is deceit and propaganda.

2 Likes

Re: Buhari To Sanction Aides Over President’s Plagiarism Of Obama’s Speech by yarimo(m): 12:19am On Sep 17, 2016
I reserve my comment, till I hear from our spokesman FAYOSE. grin

2 Likes

Re: Buhari To Sanction Aides Over President’s Plagiarism Of Obama’s Speech by Nobody: 12:22am On Sep 17, 2016
Dumb set of people
Re: Buhari To Sanction Aides Over President’s Plagiarism Of Obama’s Speech by samuelson06(m): 12:24am On Sep 17, 2016
I don't think it's the President's fault that his speech was copied from that of Obama because that speech was entrusted to someone to write it. Hardly you see any President that write his/her speech. That aide of a guy deliberately wanted the President to be embarrassed. He sure knows what plagiarism is. If I was the President, I'll make sure I embarrass him too. I hate incompetence. He should have told Buhari that he won't be able to handle the task rather than causing him embarrassment.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari To Sanction Aides Over President’s Plagiarism Of Obama’s Speech by inteli: 12:28am On Sep 17, 2016
so who is taking the hit for plagiarising the "change begins with me" idea. JOKERS
Re: Buhari To Sanction Aides Over President’s Plagiarism Of Obama’s Speech by Emmaoga: 12:31am On Sep 17, 2016
is this man for real?...
Now Buhari will blame an aide for plagiarism.

So Buhari didn't revise or read the speech
write up before that day?, or he was giving the speech write up to read for us that very moment abi.

Buhari has been breaking records upandan.
Dumpest presido Eva luveth....just continue.

Let me still pray my Prayer before I sleep.

OUR FATHER!
WHO ACT IN heaven
HALLOWED BE THY NAME,
THY 2019 THY COME FAST FAST

1 Like

Re: Buhari To Sanction Aides Over President’s Plagiarism Of Obama’s Speech by Hadone(m): 12:35am On Sep 17, 2016
I just like it when mistakes were admitted straight forward

1 Like

Re: Buhari To Sanction Aides Over President’s Plagiarism Of Obama’s Speech by Emmaoga: 12:38am On Sep 17, 2016
samuelson06:
I don't think it's the President's fault that his speech was copied from that of Obama because that speech was entrusted to someone to write it. Hardly you see any President that write his/her speech. That aide of a guy deliberately wanted the President to be embarrassed. He sure knows what plagiarism is. If I was the President, I'll make sure I embarrass him too. I hate incompetence. He should have told Buhari that he won't be able to handle the task rather than causing him embarrassment.

as people dey reason with their a*ss sometimes dey baffle me.

so Buhari didn't go through the write up before presenting the speech abi?

2 Likes

Re: Buhari To Sanction Aides Over President’s Plagiarism Of Obama’s Speech by Nobody: 12:39am On Sep 17, 2016
Re: Buhari To Sanction Aides Over President’s Plagiarism Of Obama’s Speech by diablos: 1:12am On Sep 17, 2016
angry
Re: Buhari To Sanction Aides Over President’s Plagiarism Of Obama’s Speech by Opharhe: 1:33am On Sep 17, 2016
Which kind national embarrassment be this angry
Re: Buhari To Sanction Aides Over President’s Plagiarism Of Obama’s Speech by cjrane: 1:52am On Sep 17, 2016
Opharhe:
Which kind national embarrassment be this angry

That is the new standard of people serving Nigeria today.

They cannot even write their own sppech without copying Obama or President of Brazil's speech. grin grin grin grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari To Sanction Aides Over President’s Plagiarism Of Obama’s Speech by mamaafrik(m): 2:25am On Sep 17, 2016
Obe gemolowo omo ju obe le................,send them all away,change begins with you remember,awon ole afajo bi ti alabaun,simple speech they couldnt put 2gether and they now get home and start telling how they led their class during their school days to their kids.oose.
Re: Buhari To Sanction Aides Over President’s Plagiarism Of Obama’s Speech by OnucheAdams: 2:25am On Sep 17, 2016
From the way the President murdered the speech, even if Obama were to be listening, he wouldn't have realized that its contents were derived from his 2008 speech.
Re: Buhari To Sanction Aides Over President’s Plagiarism Of Obama’s Speech by Slimdear(m): 2:25am On Sep 17, 2016
Mr Buhari is always sanctioning his aides over any Issue in which he is clearly at fault...
Re: Buhari To Sanction Aides Over President’s Plagiarism Of Obama’s Speech by chemicalDisease: 2:30am On Sep 17, 2016
This is what NEPA certificate causes.
Go school Buhari no gree!
Re: Buhari To Sanction Aides Over President’s Plagiarism Of Obama’s Speech by Destined2win: 2:35am On Sep 17, 2016
The incompetence of buhari's team is exactly what is telling on our economy
Re: Buhari To Sanction Aides Over President’s Plagiarism Of Obama’s Speech by Larryfest(m): 2:42am On Sep 17, 2016
This is bad for the country.... Even with so much aides this still manage to happen btw what was his COS doing that he couldn't go through it before his boss read it
Re: Buhari To Sanction Aides Over President’s Plagiarism Of Obama’s Speech by Nobody: 2:56am On Sep 17, 2016
it's so amazing how Nigerians got to these mess...what happens to revision Mr fresident .....who sold this cattle rearler to the public. ..chai.!!! could this be a dream or reality

this one is beyond one chance

Apc sold a dummy to 180ml people
Re: Buhari To Sanction Aides Over President’s Plagiarism Of Obama’s Speech by sekundosekundo: 2:59am On Sep 17, 2016
samuelson06:
A bad workman always quarrel with his tools. Pay peanuts baboons will work for you. Buhari is responsible for any disappoint he gets. He came with false change to deceive Nigerians and up in the hands of deceptive cabinet. FROM PADDED BUDGET TO PADDED SPEECH.

1 Like

Re: Buhari To Sanction Aides Over President’s Plagiarism Of Obama’s Speech by Amitex(m): 3:12am On Sep 17, 2016
samuelson06:

Guy are you this slow or you are being mischievous! Are you implying that an aide is the person addressing the nation? Was the message that of an aide or that of a President? Whose idea is the content of such speech? So a seating president will have no idea about what he intends to tell Nigerians, rather waiting for the idea and speech of an "overzealous aide"? Did the president himself not read his speeches and ask questions before coming to the public?

Please, there are excusable mistakes. This is obviously not one of such. Imagine what you guys would have written if this happened under GEJ.

2 Likes

Re: Buhari To Sanction Aides Over President’s Plagiarism Of Obama’s Speech by Ikigia: 3:15am On Sep 17, 2016
Which way Naija......
Re: Buhari To Sanction Aides Over President’s Plagiarism Of Obama’s Speech by AtlanticBreeze: 3:19am On Sep 17, 2016
Enough reason for Buhari to resign
Re: Buhari To Sanction Aides Over President’s Plagiarism Of Obama’s Speech by sorom4: 3:20am On Sep 17, 2016
This government is always looking for scape goats for the architect of their problems
Re: Buhari To Sanction Aides Over President’s Plagiarism Of Obama’s Speech by DeKen: 4:06am On Sep 17, 2016
Govt of 1 week - 1 trouble.
They keep adding embarrassments to the hardship already experienced by Nigerians.
I'm sure this would have been denied if it wasn't widely published.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

See What Comments Some White People Made About Buhari's Interview. / Former Senator Salihu Otaru Ohize Is Dead / *leave Me Out Of Baseless Rumour, Says Saraki*

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.