Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,763 members, 7,820,667 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 07:04 PM

Corruption And The Audacity Of Patience Goodluck - By Gbenro Olajuyigbe - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Corruption And The Audacity Of Patience Goodluck - By Gbenro Olajuyigbe (23598 Views)

Lazarus Iwari Sokobe's Burial: Patience & Goodluck Jonathan Arrive Okrika / 60th Birthday Of Mike Ozekhome: Patience & Goodluck Jonathan, Ekweremadu Spotted / Aso Villa And The Audacity Of Rats - Reuben Abati (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Corruption And The Audacity Of Patience Goodluck - By Gbenro Olajuyigbe by seguno2: 3:42pm On Sep 17, 2016
banmee:
Do Nigerians seem like people who learn?

I believe that it is safe to assume that you are a Nigerian.
If you are and have learnt how to make a better society as you have shown here, why do you think your fellow citizens cannot learn if you teach them persistently in a manner that they can key into?
Please ponder on this.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Corruption And The Audacity Of Patience Goodluck - By Gbenro Olajuyigbe by banmee(m): 4:05pm On Sep 17, 2016
seguno2:

I believe that it is safe to assume that you are a Nigerian.
If you are and have learnt how to make a better society as you have shown here, why do you think your fellow citizens cannot learn if you teach them persistently in a manner that they can key into?
Please ponder on this.

Because I learnt it outside Nigeria. In Nigeria I was as phucked up as the next guy. It took years of re orientation for my mentality to change. Can send everyone outside Nigeria?

1 Like

Re: Corruption And The Audacity Of Patience Goodluck - By Gbenro Olajuyigbe by RickyTan: 4:56pm On Sep 17, 2016
Abeg leave our sister alone and go worry about the grand patrons of corruption like of Obasanjo, "Senator" Buruji Kashamu or IBB.

1 Like

Re: Corruption And The Audacity Of Patience Goodluck - By Gbenro Olajuyigbe by Nobody: 6:08pm On Sep 17, 2016
banmee:

Do Nigerians seem like people who learn?
Thays tye difference between other people and Nigerians.
No society is perfect but people learn lessons and try to be better. Nigerians know what is wrong but try to make that which is wrong right and they never agree to stop that thing
Re: Corruption And The Audacity Of Patience Goodluck - By Gbenro Olajuyigbe by GJames(m): 6:23pm On Sep 17, 2016
franciskaine:
don't mind them. The funny part is that some of them are still unemployed looking for job, when actually the corrupt politicians who mortgaged their future is their lord which no one must criticise.
And also their lord has no idea who they are
Re: Corruption And The Audacity Of Patience Goodluck - By Gbenro Olajuyigbe by olutayo288: 6:49pm On Sep 17, 2016
rabex123:

What did Aisha buhari do..please try and get your facts right before saying anything abeg.
why and how did Harlibuton name came in.
Re: Corruption And The Audacity Of Patience Goodluck - By Gbenro Olajuyigbe by olutayo288: 6:51pm On Sep 17, 2016
rabex123:

What did Aisha buhari do..please try and get your facts right before saying anything abeg.
you should ask why is Harliburton tied to her name?

1 Like

Re: Corruption And The Audacity Of Patience Goodluck - By Gbenro Olajuyigbe by olutayo288: 6:53pm On Sep 17, 2016
Kgdavid:

1. She cannot be found guilty by a court of aw because she has not been charged with any crime

2. She does not need to be found guilty for people to condemn her because she has already confessed to ownership of laundered money[i][/i], the amount of which should ordinarily be beyond her means.

3. You must understand that the justice system is not, and is not meant to be the sole custodian of morality and justice in a society. Public opinion and the media exists as a powerful measure to check and balance any deficiencies in the judiciary and other arms of government(and you will probably agree with me that her in Nigeria we have quite a fe of these deficiencies).
thrash and dust
Re: Corruption And The Audacity Of Patience Goodluck - By Gbenro Olajuyigbe by banmee(m): 7:15pm On Sep 17, 2016
Babzilla:

No society is perfect but people learn lessons and try to be better. Nigerians know what is wrong but try to make that which is wrong right and they never agree to stop that thing

It's freaking unbelievable.
Re: Corruption And The Audacity Of Patience Goodluck - By Gbenro Olajuyigbe by 8BitGee(m): 8:27pm On Sep 17, 2016
You guys shout media trial, but that is exactly the way it is done in other countries. You imagine the media will be asked not to do its job if Mrs Bush were caught to have laundered money?

Y'all need to stop being silly.

1 Like

Re: Corruption And The Audacity Of Patience Goodluck - By Gbenro Olajuyigbe by banmee(m): 8:48pm On Sep 17, 2016
Babzilla:

Come see me oo. Just finished watching southpaw. I was crying like a little bit.tch at the end. God help me.
Re: Corruption And The Audacity Of Patience Goodluck - By Gbenro Olajuyigbe by Nobody: 10:03pm On Sep 17, 2016
GJames:

And also their lord has no idea who they are
grin
Re: Corruption And The Audacity Of Patience Goodluck - By Gbenro Olajuyigbe by Nobody: 10:40pm On Sep 17, 2016
banmee:

Come see me oo. Just finished watching southpaw. I was crying like a little bit.tch at the end. God help me.
LOL
Great movie loved it
Re: Corruption And The Audacity Of Patience Goodluck - By Gbenro Olajuyigbe by zuokumo1: 11:12pm On Sep 17, 2016
When Obasanjo came in in 1999, Abacha's loot ran Nigeria deeper than this that Obasanjo only met $3b but he didnt blame anyone and you cant in anyway compare the suffering now to then. Not declaring PEJ curruption free till the court decides.
Re: Corruption And The Audacity Of Patience Goodluck - By Gbenro Olajuyigbe by nortcentrallord(m): 11:52pm On Sep 17, 2016
franciskaine:
is she by any means ur mother? Did she give you part of the money? No honest person will keep her personal money in the accounts impersonated as that of her maids. She created accounts in the name of her maids and has the sole signatory to the accounts. Biko reason this very well na. Corruption is staring us in the face and u still try to deny or argue on her behalf. Quite a pity!

No 1 is guilty except proven so. Enough of the media trial. Why do we have law courts? There are legal routes to all these so quit the market women or hamlet standard of justice. You can't be the accuser, the judge and the executioner all at the same time. This was exactly how all the other corruption cases started and today not a single individual has been convicted. What nonsense! And every time you people take to the Internet to chant same songs. I don't even know PEJ and the depression in Nigeria is far from me but I pity your folks that they keep using this decoy to keep you people in perpetual line of thought.
Re: Corruption And The Audacity Of Patience Goodluck - By Gbenro Olajuyigbe by kjhova(m): 7:56am On Sep 18, 2016
olutayo288:
you should ask why is Harliburton tied to her name?

There is no connections between Mrs. Buhari & the Harliburton affair. a simple google search will show you this, unless of course you have swallowed the bait from Fayose and Lere.
Re: Corruption And The Audacity Of Patience Goodluck - By Gbenro Olajuyigbe by Ovamboland(m): 9:24am On Sep 18, 2016
vikinatius:

To a very high extent, I know that this administration's fight against corruption has imposed a high quality senseless attitude in most Nigerians especially the one who published this post.
Let me break it down, I have realized that it has been a crime to be wealthy.
Reason this, when an ordinary citizen can own more than that, then you talk about a presidents wife with so much influence and affluence.
I know poverty has been a stigma to some irrationalists, all because they don't know the product of investment.
I want someone to just invest 1 million naira into oil and gas industry then tell me what comes out.
Those who are rational know what i mean.
Patience Jonathan admitted the funds to be hers and you don't like it. What about the President that declared false assets. You covered the mess because you like him.
Please let us be truthful because you and i can be in such situation.
And it is a wrong mentality when you feel people should not get rich.
Use your heads even if the cash was stolen it won't affect the Nigerian economy in any way nor benefit you. And even recovered it will be Looted by the government again and again.

In your mind you have made sense abi? So first lady is an industry or occupation to earn money off? Tell me how much Michelle Obama must have in her personal account based on the size of USA economy? The Influence you talked about Includes pimping access to the president right?
Our own low world view and attitude of anything goes sets us up for shafting by the political elites

She didn't do much she only collected $1 or 400 naira from the pocket of 31,400,000 Nigerians to finance her lifestyle
Re: Corruption And The Audacity Of Patience Goodluck - By Gbenro Olajuyigbe by Ovamboland(m): 10:02am On Sep 18, 2016
nortcentrallord:

No 1 is guilty except proven so. Enough of the media trial. Why do we have law courts? There are legal routes to all these so quit the market women or hamlet standard of justice. You can't be the accuser, the judge and the executioner all at the same time. This was exactly how all the other corruption cases started and today not a single individual has been convicted. What nonsense! And every time you people take to the Internet to chant same songs. I don't even know PEJ and the depression in Nigeria is far from me but I pity your folks that they keep using this decoy to keep you people in perpetual line of thought.

What is media trial? Has anybody been lawfully convicted or sent to jail because the media reported the arrest, investigation and other information? If Tinubu is reported arrested today, and details of any infractions he committed is reported in the press will you be here shouting media trial on his behalf?
Reasonable people will ask him to find a good lawyer to defend himself in court if they believe he's innocent not ask he should be left alone.

If 1 million disappears from your account and your life depends on it, and the police caught a suspect who happens to be known to you, will you say media reports is wrong or the police should leave the suspect alone free while you die in want?
That's what you're unknowingly doing for Patience
Re: Corruption And The Audacity Of Patience Goodluck - By Gbenro Olajuyigbe by nortcentrallord(m): 10:33am On Sep 18, 2016
Ovamboland:

What is media trial? Has anybody been lawfully convicted or sent to jail because the media reported the arrest, investigation and other information? If Tinubu is reported arrested today, and details of any infractions he committed is reported in the press will you be here shouting media trial on his behalf?
Reasonable people will ask him to find a good lawyer to defend himself in court if they believe he's innocent not ask he should be left alone.

If 1 million disappears from your account and your life depends on it, and the police caught a suspect who happens to be known to you, will you say media reports is wrong or the police should leave the suspect alone free while you die in want?
That's what you're unknowingly doing for Patience

Eve in your argument, you have provided an answer for yourself. Why has the efcc refused to charge her to court? Just for the record, even if aisha buhari or burutai and even buhari himself is accused of corruption, I believe they should be sued to court and not go about every social media like that's the court. Rule of law must be obeyed. Now, I ask again, why has the efcc refused to sue her?
Re: Corruption And The Audacity Of Patience Goodluck - By Gbenro Olajuyigbe by Ovamboland(m): 8:59am On Sep 19, 2016
nortcentrallord:

Eve in your argument, you have provided an answer for yourself. Why has the efcc refused to charge her to court? Just for the record, even if aisha buhari or burutai and even buhari himself is accused of corruption, I believe they should be sued to court and not go about every social media like that's the court. Rule of law must be obeyed. Now, I ask again, why has the efcc refused to sue her?

Then limit your advocacy to the EFCC or police to do their job and stop shouting media trial everywhere. Her unsolicited claim to the money was made known to us in the media and they will feast on the news for as long as the public is interested to know. That's their job and reason for existence, there's nothing like media trial
Re: Corruption And The Audacity Of Patience Goodluck - By Gbenro Olajuyigbe by vincent10(m): 6:04pm On Sep 20, 2016
walex2:

You are insane and you need medical attention, is PJ above the laW?

You are a retardiin. Is Burantashi above the law.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Atiku Not Travelling To US, Set For Campaigns Today – Sources / Breaking: Former PDP National Chairman, Adamu Mu'azu Defects To APC. / Tinubu Criticises Buhari, Other Leaders For Poor Governance, Failed Promises

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.