Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,599 members, 7,827,259 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 09:45 AM

ASUU Orders Varsities To Resume On Monday - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / ASUU Orders Varsities To Resume On Monday (7932 Views)

FG Probes 10 Varsities Over Fraud, Sex Scandals(see List)-daily Trust / Schools In Lagos Now To Resume On 8th October. / Nigerian Varsities To Open Next Week, With Or Without ASUU After Meeting With FG (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: ASUU Orders Varsities To Resume On Monday by Obinoscopy(m): 4:00pm On Oct 11, 2009
rells 2:

@Otokx

Sorry if I appeared to insult you, I really didn't mean it like that. But however this is a medium to inform and educate ourselves. We should always try and be sure of our facts before we present them.

@Obinoscopy
On what basis? if I may ask.
@ Rel 2, My philosophy in life is always to treat people the way they treat others. I wanted you to feel how Otokx would have felt after going through your retort on his post. We have to learn how to respect peoples views no matter how flawed it may seem. The recommended thing to do is to counter the persons view respectfully and to make him see reasons why he is wrong. You might even find out that you both have the same views but different presentations! One love brother.
Re: ASUU Orders Varsities To Resume On Monday by iammodel(m): 4:15pm On Oct 11, 2009
I have always said that the greatest wrong ASUU can ever do me as a person, is calling off the strike that has kept me away from school for 4months, without the FG meeting all their demands.
if 2weeks ll be enough to resolve all issues pertaining the strike, then good for all of us,but as for me, am not not going back to school, or even coming back to Nigeria until the strike permanently called off.
Re: ASUU Orders Varsities To Resume On Monday by cvibe: 4:34pm On Oct 11, 2009
Of what use is two weeks?
Re: ASUU Orders Varsities To Resume On Monday by rooney86(m): 4:47pm On Oct 11, 2009
students better stay home.

the so called resumption is to allow negotiations to continue, becos govt wont negotiate unless they "resume"
Re: ASUU Orders Varsities To Resume On Monday by routik(m): 5:24pm On Oct 11, 2009
how possible is it for students to come back this two weeks and go back home again ? lol, i don't think that is going to happen.
Re: ASUU Orders Varsities To Resume On Monday by iammodel(m): 7:38pm On Oct 11, 2009
rooney86:

students better stay home.

the so called resumption is to allow negotiations to continue, becos govt wont negotiate unless they "resume"
True talk.

are they still negotiating?
the FG should in this regard do everything possible to fulfill their part by signing the agreement. i don't think this should take more than a week, if they really wanna sign the agreement.
Re: ASUU Orders Varsities To Resume On Monday by Obinoscopy(m): 7:59pm On Oct 11, 2009
The truth of the matter is that the FG is not ready to sign the agreement rather the responsibility of signing now falls on the Governing Councils of the various universities. We all know that the prochancellors of the various state university will never agree 2 pay what federal universities are paying. Also it is not possible for 100% of the federal universities to sign that agreement. If ASUU is ready to come to terms with this then the strike will linger.

I wish to inform all nairalanders that Prof Awuzie, the ASUU President is a lecturer in a state university (IMSU). So do you think he will accept to call off the strike if his state university's governing council refuses to sign the agreement? God help us.
Re: ASUU Orders Varsities To Resume On Monday by mkusua(m): 8:08pm On Oct 11, 2009
if you ask me, there is no need to suspend and go back to strike, ASUU should rather fight and get what they want once and for all,,no need acting confused , ASUU should call off the strike and hold their heads in shame or keep fighting till they get what they want,
Re: ASUU Orders Varsities To Resume On Monday by nethacker(m): 9:41am On Oct 12, 2009
mkusua:

if you ask me, there is no need to suspend and go back to strike, ASUU should rather fight and get what they want once and for all,,no need acting confused , ASUU should call off the strike and hold their heads in shame or keep fighting till they get what they want,
my worries exactly angry undecided .perhaps the ASUU leaders has been lured through one of the political methodologiesGolden Handshake grin grin n d rest is history
Re: ASUU Orders Varsities To Resume On Monday by otokx(m): 9:47am On Oct 12, 2009
@rells2

Am quite sure of my facts being in the employ of a university and residing in the campus as a staff here in Port Harcourt for over 15 years.

The vice chancellor through the university senate is the only body that can give permission to the registrar to announce the resumption of academic activities in the university.
Re: ASUU Orders Varsities To Resume On Monday by RUBRICS(m): 10:20am On Oct 12, 2009
. . . . . . Lord, let there be cleansing in Nigerian Education Sector which should be extended to all Government statals & parastatals in the country.
Re: ASUU Orders Varsities To Resume On Monday by nethacker(m): 10:36am On Oct 12, 2009
RUBRICS:

. . . . . . Lord, let there be cleansing in Nigerian Education Sector which should be extended to all Government statals & parastatals in the country.
Amen oooooo grin grin
Re: ASUU Orders Varsities To Resume On Monday by Nezan(m): 11:00am On Oct 12, 2009
Are 2 weeks worth it?
Re: ASUU Orders Varsities To Resume On Monday by U1(m): 11:53am On Oct 12, 2009
otokx:

@rells2

Am quite sure of my facts being in the employ of a university and residing in the campus as a staff on here in Port Harcourt for over 15 years.

I've always suspected that fact looking at the way you seem to support ASUU so much.
Re: ASUU Orders Varsities To Resume On Monday by otokx(m): 11:58am On Oct 12, 2009
Right now at the university everyone is a bit confused as to the state of affairs. This political move by ASUU and FG has just created some kind of void. The SSANU and NASU are still not sure of which posture to take; the local branch of SSANU has fixed a meeting for tomorrow but their notice said AGENDA: strike continues.
Re: ASUU Orders Varsities To Resume On Monday by booberry: 2:03pm On Oct 12, 2009
undecided dis is so annoying cos am as confused as ave on wat 2 do with dis news. R we supposed 2 go back 2 skool 4 2weeks? ah dis is no gud 4 d students either.
Re: ASUU Orders Varsities To Resume On Monday by aisaya(m): 2:37pm On Oct 12, 2009
the two weeks is for what now? is it to conclude the course outlines or to write exam?
Re: ASUU Orders Varsities To Resume On Monday by OLADIMEHJI(m): 4:29pm On Oct 12, 2009
Do u think this is reasonable? frankly speaking 4 months were wasted wtout successful outcome. Now they came around requesting for two weeks 4 proper negotiation. They did not suceeded for almost 16 weeks and they now wanted to strife 4 just ( i mean just ) two weeks for successful delibration. should we b 4ced to believe this!
Re: ASUU Orders Varsities To Resume On Monday by adamsN: 11:19pm On Oct 12, 2009
fELLAZ! Let open your eyes to what it seems shut against.
Not dat am unserious cos my profile says otherwise. Do you know there could be fun associated with resuming for 2 weeks?
Checking pregnant babes (shakara don end) and gettin d chance 2 still feel like you know wot school is like.
Re: ASUU Orders Varsities To Resume On Monday by Harrypoter(m): 12:35am On Oct 13, 2009
Hi, vvery nice.
Re: ASUU Orders Varsities To Resume On Monday by paulex: 1:44pm On Oct 13, 2009
Is ASUU under a spell? suspendin d strike 4 wat reason, seems like, wat do u xpect frm an FG who doesnt care, to HELL wit all of them,
Re: ASUU Orders Varsities To Resume On Monday by marcol(m): 5:26pm On Oct 13, 2009
this is cowshit bullshit and pigshit.
Re: ASUU Orders Varsities To Resume On Monday by Odetayoz: 6:34pm On Oct 13, 2009
its a good and bad news. We just pleaded/pray that they should call of the strike and not suspension pleeeeease.
Re: ASUU Orders Varsities To Resume On Monday by adebayo201: 2:26am On Oct 15, 2009
Dat is it bt wen?
Re: ASUU Orders Varsities To Resume On Monday by DrKing(m): 4:35am On Oct 15, 2009
Discover How An ASUU Frustrated Student Made Over N224, 000 In 24hrs Automatically!
Let ASUU/FG fight for whatever ,  but the truth is that both parties have gotten what I refer
to as the means of production and that's why the Lecturers can call the bluff of FG and do
whatever, What about the "Students" They say where two elephants fight, the grass
suffers. Whatever you are, take your destiny into your hands. God bless u.

www.AsuuMillionaireReport..com
Re: ASUU Orders Varsities To Resume On Monday by otokx(m): 10:57am On Oct 15, 2009
The FG asked for 1 week ceasefire from ASUU which gave them 2 weeks; hope the FG will be able to fulfill its side of the bargain.
Re: ASUU Orders Varsities To Resume On Monday by estagirl(f): 10:59am On Oct 15, 2009
Tomorrow will make it a week FG asked for and he has not signed the agreement
Re: ASUU Orders Varsities To Resume On Monday by adebayo201: 1:14pm On Oct 15, 2009
14 days make 2 weeks
Re: ASUU Orders Varsities To Resume On Monday by cheta02(m): 6:32pm On Oct 15, 2009
OH yes we ll agree with your terms and condition hence we are watching with keen interest how this struggle eventually comes to an end?we shall support the movement of freedom from illegalities in our educational system.
Long live ASUU,
Long live Imo state university,
Long live The federal Republic of Nigeria,,
H.O.D
Re: ASUU Orders Varsities To Resume On Monday by YUSAD02: 9:47am On Oct 16, 2009
It is one thing to fight for your right and another thing to do what is right. How correct it is for most academic staff in universities not attending their lectures without justification. Lets stop deceiving ourselves and face the reality. Lecturers, we should live up to expectation, please.
Re: ASUU Orders Varsities To Resume On Monday by adebayo201: 3:02pm On Oct 16, 2009
Lol
Re: ASUU Orders Varsities To Resume On Monday by adebayo201: 3:02pm On Oct 16, 2009
Lol

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Nddc Foreign Scholarship. Scam? / How To Download Nabteb Biometrics Application / UK Education Scam

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.