Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,146 members, 7,821,914 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 09:34 PM

Scanfrost TV, How Reliable Is It - TV/Movies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Scanfrost TV, How Reliable Is It (17403 Views)

32'' Scanfrost LED Tv Still Under Warranty For Sale / Who Knows Anything About Scanfrost TV (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Scanfrost TV, How Reliable Is It by Nobody: 7:13am On Sep 17, 2016
guys am planning to get my own place, and will like to get a TV, i saw this 40 inch scanfrost TV for 88k in park and shop, i think it is a good deal, but i havent heard abt scanfrost can anyone advise me on this, have you had good or bad experiences with their products
Re: Scanfrost TV, How Reliable Is It by charming4: 5:05pm On Sep 29, 2016
Scanfrost products are made in China, not very reliable (not because they are made in china tho). try save up for a LG, samsung, sharp or hisense.
Re: Scanfrost TV, How Reliable Is It by Nobody: 7:38pm On Sep 29, 2016
charming4:
Scanfrost products are made in China, not very reliable (not because they are made in china tho). try save up for a LG, samsung, sharp or hisense.

Well your information came too late, i have already bought the tv, i got the 40 inches for 82k, nt bad for a TV with warranty and hdmi.

I will use it and see how it goes and for your information they are assembled in Nigeria.

3 Likes

Re: Scanfrost TV, How Reliable Is It by charming4: 10:04am On Sep 30, 2016
Nice to know they now assemble in Nigeria, bought their first product 4 years ago (manufactured in China).

Hopefully you'll get the required durability out of it.

All the best.
Re: Scanfrost TV, How Reliable Is It by emanjayz(m): 10:22pm On Oct 01, 2016
Any Update cos me too am planning to get one soon
Re: Scanfrost TV, How Reliable Is It by Nobody: 3:21pm On Oct 07, 2016
bro so far the stuff is cool, its hdmi, allows for USB and goes for just 82k.

Atleast when i bought it from Jumia
Re: Scanfrost TV, How Reliable Is It by valnelly(m): 9:26am On Oct 09, 2016
I need a 32 inch TV with screen cast feature
Re: Scanfrost TV, How Reliable Is It by kaymart: 9:48pm On Oct 22, 2016
bro u mean u bought it from Jumia for 82K?
I presumed u initially said 88k in ur thread?
Re: Scanfrost TV, How Reliable Is It by olabanji88(m): 8:39pm On Nov 27, 2016
overcomer123:

Well your information came too late, i have already bought the tv, i got the 40 inches for 82k, nt bad for a TV with warranty and hdmi.

I will use it and see how it goes and for your information they are assembled in Nigeria.
boss I saw it online for 88k including delivery I v ordered ow is urs
Re: Scanfrost TV, How Reliable Is It by Ayodeji2015: 10:57am On Apr 10, 2017
Hi House, I have just bought this scanfrost TV, currently the video is blurred and the audio is not so good. I will appreciate if anybody can help with the appropriate picture and audio settings.
Re: Scanfrost TV, How Reliable Is It by Nobody: 6:37am On Apr 14, 2017
Ayodeji2015:
Hi House, I have just bought this scanfrost TV, currently the video is blurred and the audio is not so good. I will appreciate if anybody can help with the appropriate picture and audio settings.
I bought this product too based on the review I saw on jumia. The quality is not so bad but can't be compared with the likes of Samsung, Sony, LG, the difference is very clear if you take note of little things like me. One thing that really scares me is the light bulbs at the back. Do yours or anyone out there have fluorescent light bulbs at the back? All other products I've used I've never seen light bulbs at the back so obvious. Note when I say at the back I mean inside at the back. Secondly, the user interface is terrible! Looks very primitive, when I saw it I felt like crying. Too poor for this generation. The blurry vision can be adjusted to a slightly better level but still, the black will still be appearing too black. I was watching channels TV last night and I saw Civic Tower, my heart was really broken! The picture was Baaaaad! The black was too black. The sound echoes, tho my home theatre system got that covered. Anyway, it's a nice buy, budget cutting. I got mine at a discount for 58K just yesterday. I'll check the carton if there's anyway I can verify if what I got is really scanfrost or jumia delivered substandard cuz the reviews I read are not really what I have in front of me. Sha it's a nice TV. You'll enjoy it if you don't pick little details like I do.
Re: Scanfrost TV, How Reliable Is It by Nobody: 7:16am On Apr 14, 2017
Highorbit:
I bought this product too based on the review I saw on jumia. The quality is not so bad but can't be compared with the likes of Samsung, Sony, LG, the difference is very clear if you take note of little things like me. One thing that really scares me is the light bulbs at the back. Do yours or anyone out there have fluorescent light bulbs at the back? All other products I've used I've never seen light bulbs at the back so obvious. Note when I say at the back I mean inside at the back. Secondly, the user interface is terrible! Looks very primitive, when I saw it I felt like crying. Too poor for this generation. The blurry vision can be adjusted to a slightly better level but still, the black will still be appearing too black. I was watching channels TV last night and I saw Civic Tower, my heart was really broken! The picture was Baaaaad! The black was too black. The sound echoes, tho my home theatre system got that covered. Anyway, it's a nice buy, budget cutting. I got mine at a discount for 58K just yesterday. I'll check the carton if there's anyway I can verify if what I got is really scanfrost or jumia delivered substandard cuz the reviews I read are not really what I have in front of me. Sha it's a nice TV. You'll enjoy it if you don't pick little details like I do.
I have verified using all the barcodes on the pack. It's original. Tor, it's OK

1 Like

Re: Scanfrost TV, How Reliable Is It by chemystery: 5:19pm On May 10, 2017
Highorbit:
Mine is doing great. I can't differentiate between a samsung and an LG display. WAIT! you bought 40" for 58k? shocked

As for the tiny light you said you saw behind, it is same for all TVs. There are called LEDs. you only see it when you go closer to the TV
Re: Scanfrost TV, How Reliable Is It by Nobody: 7:06pm On May 10, 2017
chemystery:
Mine is doing great. I can't differentiate between a samsung and an LG display. WAIT! you bought 40" for 58k? shocked

As for the tiny light you said you saw behind, it is same for all TVs. There are called LEDs. you only see it when you go closer to the TV
It was a promo code I won from Jumia that dropped it to 58k. It's the 32" I got
Re: Scanfrost TV, How Reliable Is It by teebell90: 8:00am On May 11, 2017
How did you verify yours? Like you said the picture quality and sound is on the average. Till dollar comes down we will have to sacrifice some things jare.....

Highorbit:
Re: Scanfrost TV, How Reliable Is It by chemystery: 8:21am On May 11, 2017
teebell90:
How did you verify yours? Like you said the picture quality and sound is on the average. Till dollar comes down we will have to sacrifice some things jare.....

mine is perfect, dont know what you guys are saying
Re: Scanfrost TV, How Reliable Is It by Curdlebug(m): 2:43am On May 31, 2017
chemystery:
mine is perfect, dont know what you guys are saying

Bro, honestly how is the TV,,, I wanna get the 42 inches own... Scanfrost is price friendly compare to all those out thr.
Re: Scanfrost TV, How Reliable Is It by chemystery: 8:18am On May 31, 2017
Curdlebug:

Bro, honestly how is the TV,,, I wanna get the 42 inches own... Scanfrost is price friendly compare to all those out thr.
I will use one word - SUPERB!. I have only seen their 32" and 40". Dont know if they have 42".
Re: Scanfrost TV, How Reliable Is It by iboboyswag(m): 6:42pm On Jun 02, 2017
Curdlebug:

Or you can just be rest assured with this sharp https://www.nairaland.com/3811292/urgent-sale-2-tv-sets
Re: Scanfrost TV, How Reliable Is It by nicerichard05: 10:49pm On Aug 01, 2017

i am planning to get mine. tell me abt it
Re: Scanfrost TV, How Reliable Is It by nicerichard05: 10:53pm On Aug 01, 2017
Highorbit:

bros pls wats ur advice i am planning on gettn mine dis weekend. 40" thou. pls advice on durability of the product. wanted to get LG buh d price diff is way too much nd i dnt want to buy 32" coa of the size.
Re: Scanfrost TV, How Reliable Is It by nicerichard05: 10:55pm On Aug 01, 2017
chemystery:

advice pls i wanna get 40" for 105k at cash nd carry very soon. is it a gud tv. thanks
Re: Scanfrost TV, How Reliable Is It by chemystery: 12:01am On Aug 02, 2017
nicerichard05:

advice pls i wanna get 40" for 105k at cash nd carry very soon. is it a gud tv. thanks
It's a good product but I think you are buying it too expensive. I bought mine when dollar was close to N500 at 85k. I feel the price should be lesser now.

Like I said earlier, I'm flexing my 40" scanfrost TV. In terms of display it can compare favourably with the likes of sony, Samsung and LG . I have not checked other features such as sound quality since I'm using a sound system
Re: Scanfrost TV, How Reliable Is It by nicerichard05: 6:10am On Aug 02, 2017
chemystery:

It's a good product but I think you are buying it too expensive. I bought mine when dollar was close to N500 at 85k. I feel the price should be lesser now.

Like I said earlier, I'm flexing my 40" scanfrost TV. In terms of display it can compare favourably with the likes of sony, Samsung and LG . I have not checked other features such as sound quality since I'm using a sound system

I saw it at Sony shop for 115k then also at another shop close to sony at 125k. the cheapest i got was frm cash nd carry 105k. pls were can i get a lesser price. thanks
Re: Scanfrost TV, How Reliable Is It by chemystery: 8:08am On Aug 02, 2017
nicerichard05:

I saw it at Sony shop for 115k then also at another shop close to sony at 125k. the cheapest i got was frm cash nd carry 105k. pls were can i get a lesser price. thanks
check on jumia. Meanwhile, I bought mine at Spar. You can look for any spar outlet near you
Re: Scanfrost TV, How Reliable Is It by Nobody: 9:08am On Aug 02, 2017
nicerichard05:

bros pls wats ur advice i am planning on gettn mine dis weekend. 40" thou. pls advice on durability of the product. wanted to get LG buh d price diff is way too much nd i dnt want to buy 32" coa of the size.
The 40" is OK. Has a better screen resolution than the 32". Although I wouldn't know the things you take note of in TV or the quality u can at least accept, but the Scanfrost TV is not so bad. For durability, I can't tell cuz I don't really use mine.
Re: Scanfrost TV, How Reliable Is It by Guardiola84: 7:17pm On Jun 04, 2018
Pls I wanna buy a scanfrost 40" led TV pls can someone tell me about d product,pls is it worth buying ?
Re: Scanfrost TV, How Reliable Is It by BayoNath: 3:35pm On Aug 27, 2020
Scanfrost TV sets have nice clarity. That's their biggest selling point.

View this if you need current info about the performance of Scanfrost TV's.

https://jumia-electronics-reviews..com/2020/07/scanfrost-tv-review-and-prices.html
Re: Scanfrost TV, How Reliable Is It by Nobody: 12:46pm On Feb 04, 2021
Crappy television. The stuff blew and an electrician opened it. Very cheap components were used and its unserviceable. New screen is about 40k. Buy sharp, samsung or panasonic.
Re: Scanfrost TV, How Reliable Is It by StarMonkey: 8:53am On Feb 08, 2021
Bought the TV in 2017 and the screen went dead in 2020

Replacement of screen is 40k, so annoying.

Please buy a better brand
Re: Scanfrost TV, How Reliable Is It by deannageorge: 1:15pm On Jun 26, 2021
Essentially, the computerized TV tuner application is a piece of the Windows Media Center digital tv tuner device registration. This application makes it feasible for your PC to get and show an advanced sign. It assists us with watching advanced link channels on our PCs.

(1) (Reply)

BBNaija: Isilomo Writes After Her Eviction, Says "This Is Not The End" / Glo Advert on Cnn Degrades Nigerians Living Abroad / Most Gorgeous Indian Actor/actress

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.