Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,292 members, 7,836,280 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 02:20 AM

5 Simple And Easy Ways To Control Your Anger - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / 5 Simple And Easy Ways To Control Your Anger (593 Views)

Stress Kills – See 5 Simple Ways To Reduce Work Related Stress - Topwritersden / 7 Easy Ways To Get Yourself A Healthy Digestive System / Photo: Ten (10) Steps On Managing Your Anger And Emotions (1) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

5 Simple And Easy Ways To Control Your Anger by Calismart(m): 10:16am On Sep 17, 2016
Psychologists say that anger is a healthy human emotion,it can turn out to be destructive when it gets out of hand.
In this article,i will highlight some really simple things we can do to control our anger especially at this point in time in our Country Nigeria(You know what i mean).

When you are seriously angered and it seems the anger is boiling inside of you,try these simple steps below to avoid doing something you will later regret.

1.TAKE A DEEP BREATH

Yes,it sure helps.When you are angry,instead of rushing to pounce on the person that offended you,try and take a deep breath. A deep breath from your diaphram.It will help you calm the anger a bit.

2.MOVE AWAY FROM THAT ENVIRONMENT

I don't mean you should pack out of your house to another place.
I have tried this method and it has always worked for me.
Your mother may anger you or rain abuses on you(trust our Nigerian moms) and this is always so annoying.She will tell you how stubborn and lazy you are even when you know that you are not.
To some people,this is nothing but to others,it really gets them angry and bitter. Instead of exchanging words with your mum,take a walk out.
Visit a friend or go somewhere cool.

3.ALWAYS EXERCISE

I have seen people punch at the pillow or hit continously on anything close to them when they are heated up.Believe me,it doesnt help.
It can only lead to more physical aggression.
Storiesmagic.com will always give you the best.

Exercising regularly will help you feel more relaxed and calm.

You can also try some slow exercises like yoga.
It helps relax the muscles.

4.REPEAT SLOWLY PHRASES LIKE (CALM DOWN,IT'S OKAY,TAKE IT EASY,CONTROL YOURSELF)

Those simple phrases can do wonders if you can be able to say some of them slowly to yourself while breathing slowly in tensed situation.
You should try it.

5.TRY AS YOU CAN TO KNOW THAT YOU ARE ANGRY AND EXERCISE AUTHORITY OVER IT

This one is actually hard when you are short tempered because before you know it,you have done something terrible because of your anger but its helpful only if you have decided within you that you would never let your anger put you in trouble.

If you made that resolution,you will always remember it when you are angry and caution yourself against taking it to the next level because anger they say is a small madness and what it will destroy will be more than what caused it.
So,always think twice.

Bear in mind that getting angry won't solve anything.

If you happen involve in a heated discussion,avoid saying the first words that comes to your head.
Chew them thoroughly before letting them out.
I love you.

Source>http://storiesmagic.com/five5-simple-ways-control-anger/
Re: 5 Simple And Easy Ways To Control Your Anger by PRISTINEMUSCLES: 8:06pm On Sep 17, 2016
I am a choleric individual but i have learnt and i am still learning to master my emotions. It has not been easy but it is for sure a very interesting journey. Whenever i am angry, i just simply walk away from the stimulants. Morestill i pump some "iron".
I have promised myself not to ever talk during my anger sessions or stay close to the person triggering it because i "fit" just kill am for nothing.
Re: 5 Simple And Easy Ways To Control Your Anger by PrettyAngel22(f): 9:54am On Sep 19, 2016
Interesting write up.
More grace

(1) (Reply)

Do Glasses Worsen Vision? / Does LUTH Performs CT Angiography? / A Cry For Help

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.