Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,778 members, 7,817,206 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:12 AM

Christians Observe ALL The Dates Set Aside For The Worship Of Baal - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Christians Observe ALL The Dates Set Aside For The Worship Of Baal (836 Views)

Birth Of Jesus: Did Mary Have Other Children Aside From Jesus Christ? / Christianity, Idolatory And Worship Of Four "Fake" Jesus (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Christians Observe ALL The Dates Set Aside For The Worship Of Baal by Beckyblanca(f): 11:13am On Sep 17, 2016
How logical is it that ALL the dates set aside for the worship of the false god 'Baal' is now observed by Christians? Romans 12:2, John 15:18-20, 2 Corinthians 4:4.
We can hardly identify Christians from pagans and traditionalists in Nigeria and the world today. What went wrong?
Re: Christians Observe ALL The Dates Set Aside For The Worship Of Baal by Nusaf: 11:17am On Sep 17, 2016
grin grin grin
Re: Christians Observe ALL The Dates Set Aside For The Worship Of Baal by alegbeleye(m): 11:37am On Sep 17, 2016
Sighs

Re: Christians Observe ALL The Dates Set Aside For The Worship Of Baal by Nobody: 11:50am On Sep 17, 2016
Beckyblanca:
How logical is it that ALL the dates set aside for the worship of the false god 'Baal' is now observed by Christians? Romans 12:2, John 15:18-20, 2 Corinthians 4:4.
We can hardly identify Christians from pagans and traditionalists in Nigeria and the world today. What went wrong?

Send me a message on whatsapp and let me do some explanations on that. Showing you some aiota of paganism in prominent religions and how they found their way in it..
Re: Christians Observe ALL The Dates Set Aside For The Worship Of Baal by Sunnymatey(m): 12:14pm On Sep 17, 2016
For me the date is imaterial provided we channel our worship to the most high God.

1 Like

Re: Christians Observe ALL The Dates Set Aside For The Worship Of Baal by nathanielsayso: 1:52pm On Sep 17, 2016
Colossians 2:16.

So let no one judge you in food or in drink, or regarding a festival or a new moon or sabbaths

If you reason it out, considering the gods of all the tribes and cultures around the world; that means there will be no day left out of 365/366 to have a celebration dedicated to Our Lord Jesus Christ.

Seconding Sunnymatey
Re: Christians Observe ALL The Dates Set Aside For The Worship Of Baal by adjoviomole(m): 2:21pm On Sep 17, 2016
And what are the dates if I may ask?
Re: Christians Observe ALL The Dates Set Aside For The Worship Of Baal by oglalasioux(m): 2:56pm On Sep 17, 2016
The dome of the rock in Jerusalem was the temple of Baal. The Jews changed the name of Baal to El from where Elshadai came from. All the procedures used in worshipping Baal are the procedures used in worshipping Elshadai.

The only difference the Jews made was that they worshipped only Elshadai in contrast to the Canaanites who still had innumerable personal gods.

They also introduced circumcision primary to identify infiltration into their army and also preserve bloodlines. Ironically, this same practice will be their greatest waterloo during the holocaust as it made them easily identifiable.
Re: Christians Observe ALL The Dates Set Aside For The Worship Of Baal by Ranchhoddas: 5:33pm On Sep 17, 2016
MykOnyxo:

Send me a message on whatsapp and let me do some explanations on that. Showing you some aiota of paganism in prominent religions and how they found their way in it..
Rubbish. Explain it here.
Re: Christians Observe ALL The Dates Set Aside For The Worship Of Baal by Nobody: 3:46pm On Sep 18, 2016
Ranchhoddas:
Rubbish. Explain it here.
Here is not the best place for such explanation...
Re: Christians Observe ALL The Dates Set Aside For The Worship Of Baal by Nobody: 4:06pm On Sep 18, 2016
oglalasioux:
The dome of the rock in Jerusalem was the temple of Baal. The Jews changed the name of Baal to El from where Elshadai came from. All the procedures used in worshipping Baal are the procedures used in worshipping Elshadai.

The only difference the Jews made was that they worshipped only Elshadai in contrast to the Canaanites who still had innumerable personal gods.

They also introduced circumcision primary to identify infiltration into their army and also preserve bloodlines. Ironically, this same practice will be their greatest waterloo during the holocaust as it made them easily identifiable.
sir, what are your references?
El is the Jewish word for God not Jewish name of God. Also, In my numerous study of ancient religion and culture, I discovered that Baal is not the God of the Jew.... The name of the God of the Jew is refer to as a sacred one, hence people were forbidden to just call it anyhow That's why the usage is not much in so many ancient Jewish and Aramaic writings. But the only clue we have about is name is when He mentioned it in book of psalms.. He never said his name is Baal.. If the Jewish changed Baal to El, El wouldn't have instructed Gideon to destroy the alter of Baal...
Secondly, It has not been established that the Jewish worship Baal the same way they worship El. Baal worship involves sacrifice of sacrifice of firstborn child, tearing and scratching the body when at the peak of worship, among others. It is however important to say that there are common practices found in different religion, but this common practices may and may not form the basis of the religions in comparison..
Each Religion is unique in it's own and it has the influence of culture and environmental determinism too. Let me quickly say this, Baal is the god of the Cannanites and has been in worship before the Jews settled in the Land of Cannan
Re: Christians Observe ALL The Dates Set Aside For The Worship Of Baal by otemanuduno: 5:53am On Sep 19, 2016
MykOnyxo:

El is the Jewish word for God not Jewish name of God. Also, In my numerous study of ancient religion and culture, I discovered that Baal is not the God of the Jew.... The name of the God of the Jew is refer to as a sacred one, hence people were forbidden to just call it anyhow That's why the usage is not much in so many ancient Jewish and Aramaic writings. But the only clue we have about is name is when He mentioned it in book of psalms.. He never said his name is Baal.. [size=18pt]If the Jewish changed Baal to El, El wouldn't have instructed Gideon to destroy the alter of Baal... [/size]
At the emboldened, do you know that a Nigerian can go and destroy the shrine of his native religion, say the shrine of Abassi and Oghene. Reason being that the entity behind the names has been changed to the god of israel called Yahweh. Whereas Abassi and Oghene have been once worshipped in NIGERIA as the creator God before. Same way is it possible for human to change the name of a god and then go and destroy the altar of that same god(which they felt is not real anymore). Such is life for you.

However, here is the full secret of the universe: https://www.nairaland.com/2938907/doctrine-ufos
Re: Christians Observe ALL The Dates Set Aside For The Worship Of Baal by oglalasioux(m): 7:05am On Sep 19, 2016
MykOnyxo:

El is the Jewish word for God not Jewish name of God. Also, In my numerous study of ancient religion and culture, I discovered that Baal is not the God of the Jew.... The name of the God of the Jew is refer to as a sacred one, hence people were forbidden to just call it anyhow That's why the usage is not much in so many ancient Jewish and Aramaic writings. But the only clue we have about is name is when He mentioned it in book of psalms.. He never said his name is Baal.. If the Jewish changed Baal to El, El wouldn't have instructed Gideon to destroy the alter of Baal...
Secondly, It has not been established that the Jewish worship Baal the same way they worship El. Baal worship involves sacrifice of sacrifice of firstborn child, tearing and scratching the body when at the peak of worship, among others. It is however important to say that there are common practices found in different religion, but this common practices may and may not form the basis of the religions in comparison..
Each Religion is unique in it's own and it has the influence of culture and environmental determinism too. Let me quickly say this, Baal is the god of the Cannanites and has been in worship before the Jews settled in the Land of Cannan

Thanks for this brilliant response. However, sacrifice of firstborns is common among the Jews of Abraham's time. In fact human sacrifice was a part of the Jewish religion (Jephthah's daughter is a case in point). Inflicting injuries during worship is also a prominent part of Jewish worship. They pour ash on their heads and wear sackcloth for penance. There's a catholic sect that even take this practice to a whole new level.

If you want to find out more about the relationship between Baal and the Jewish god El, please read the book 'The Source' by James Michener. In conclusion, you are quite right about the uniqueness of gods among peoples and culture as determined by environment. That has been my point about the Jewish religion. That religion belong to the Jews alone and should not be rammed down the throat of everyone on earth.
Re: Christians Observe ALL The Dates Set Aside For The Worship Of Baal by jared007: 7:13am On Sep 19, 2016
Hi Beckyblanca its not the days dat have problem but who u worship during those days. The Jews were celebrating Pentecost while the Christians were celebrating the grand arrival of the Holy Ghost( Acts 2 ). Let the Pagans worship their Sun god on Sundays while we worship Jehovah. Let the Pagans worship Easther on Easther day while we worship our risen Christ.

(1) (Reply)

Must I Pay Tithe From The Church Money My Pastor Dash Me? / Rev,d. Moses V.c. Okafor Welcome You In This 2016 “harvest Of Transformation" / Do These Bible Verses Contradict Each Other?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.