Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,112 members, 7,814,900 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 10:40 PM

Opinion Of A Mumu Nigerian - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Opinion Of A Mumu Nigerian (1082 Views)

Nnamdi Kanu And His Mumu Parade / Biafra: Asari Dokubo Mocks Charly Boy, Calls Him "Mumu" After He Was Tear-Gassed / Why We Dispersed Charly Boy's "Our Mumu Don Do" Protest - Police (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Opinion Of A Mumu Nigerian by Nobody: 11:28am On Sep 17, 2016
Hello everyone hope this meets you well. Forgive my awful arrangement of words and punctuation and please attack the message not the messenger. Am a regular Nigerian like most of us here, a student and a very tired one if I must say.

Now let's begin
May 2015 President Muhammadu Buhari was elected as our president winning by more than a million votes after trying 3 previous times. His win was met with enthusiasm, in most areas Phcn refused to take light and we all started screaming change has come, we knew the end was in sight for the insurgency of boko haram, we knew some politicians will go to jail. We were very optimistic because our President is perceived as a disciplined man and his campaign made a lot of promises, most of them outrageous but then we are Nigerians we believe everything (lol). Fast forward September 2016 and the country is in a recession where the rich are getting richer and the poor, well we know the rest.
Now the truth is we know the President has got many decisions wrong and our over reliance on crude for income generation is killing this country, also most of the members of his cabinet are perceived as corrupt and ineffective. I for one can’t see the job of our education or technology minister.

Now to my reason for writing this epistle which most nairalanders won’t read but will surely comment.
I have noticed a trend on most topics that make the front page
1. Either they relate to Buhari or not an angry Nigerian somewhere will find a way to bring Buhari into the topic.
2. Most times the message is left and the messenger is attacked
3. The level of bigotry and tribalism is becoming alarming and i don’t know if the Mods have a solution to it. Most of us here defend these politicians because of tribe or religion or because of a benefit that they are no longer privileged to have because of this new administration.
Now the truth is this economy is in shambles and some blame PDPs mismanagement while others blame APC, but i will like to ask what we as Nigerians are doing to make the economy grow?

As a nation our dependence of importation is alarming and that is why inflation is at its highest right now. The exchange rate of every foreign currency has doubled and because we as a nation don’t know more than crude, this mess is not going anytime soon unless we can diversify our economy. I strongly believe if we can put a ban on importation for a small period of time we can force most foreign companies to come into Nigeria to produce, this will create employment for the masses. All we have to do is reduce the company Income tax they will have to pay. Placing a ban on importation for at least 2 years lets promote our own products. We as a country can be self-sustaining but we have to be less dependent on importation. I know we have great Nigerians who have massive ideas that can help make this country better. Let’s stop the tribalism and bigotry, forget afonja or Igbos we are all in this mess together and we have to make these politicians accountable by being more involved in how our country is run.
Again forgive my English nah vex cause am.

If our mods can move this to the frontpage let nigerians give their own unbiased opinion

2 Likes

Re: Opinion Of A Mumu Nigerian by emmak2k4(m): 11:41am On Sep 17, 2016
Hmmmmm!

True talk, but will comment later.
Re: Opinion Of A Mumu Nigerian by GoldCircle: 11:42am On Sep 17, 2016
@op, I can't say this is a nice write up. I just http://nnpcgroup.com/PublicRelations/NNPCinthenews/tabid/92/articleType/ArticleView/articleId/36/NNPC-Intensifies-Exploration-Activities-in-Chad-BasinTo-Acquire-33-550-sq-km-of-3-D-seismic-data-for-processingAs-Diezani-Alison-Madueke-calls-for-strengthening-of-Efforts.aspxwant to throw a question or two to you.
1. Why is the Nigerian government pumping money into the search to discover oil in the lake Chad region in such a time as this? Especially when this administration promised diversification of the economy?!

2. What single economic policy has this administration put forward to remedy the prevailing economic climate and how well is this 'policy' going down with Nigerians?
3. When you impose a ban, what plans/policies are in place for the local production of substitute goods/raw materials? Do we just ban for banning sake? Recall OBJ banned certain items during his administration i.e. Poultry, fruit juices etc. but we know what policies were put in place to ensure that local capacity was enhanced.

I await your answers.

Thank you,
Re: Opinion Of A Mumu Nigerian by rusher14: 12:00pm On Sep 17, 2016
GoldCircle:
@op, I can't say this is a nice write up. I just http://nnpcgroup.com/PublicRelations/NNPCinthenews/tabid/92/articleType/ArticleView/articleId/36/NNPC-Intensifies-Exploration-Activities-in-Chad-BasinTo-Acquire-33-550-sq-km-of-3-D-seismic-data-for-processingAs-Diezani-Alison-Madueke-calls-for-strengthening-of-Efforts.aspxwant to throw a question or two to you.
1. Why is the Nigerian government pumping money into the search to discover oil in the lake Chad region in such a time as this? Especially when this administration promised diversification of the economy?!

2. What single economic policy has this administration put forward to remedy the prevailing economic climate and how well is this 'policy' going down with Nigerians?
3. When you impose a ban, what plans/policies are in place for the local production of substitute goods/raw materials? Do we just ban for banning sake? Recall OBJ banned certain items during his administration i.e. Poultry, fruit juices etc. but we know what policies were put in place to ensure that local capacity was enhanced.

I await your answers.

Thank you,

If you had a store that sold fast food from which have made billions but also find that people like to eat healthy food so you intend to open a new set of outlets that caters for healthy food, would that stop you from opening a new chain of fast food shops in markets you hadn't previously made entry to?

1 Like

Re: Opinion Of A Mumu Nigerian by Nobody: 6:02pm On Sep 17, 2016
GoldCircle:

I await your answers.

Thank you,

we are saying the same thing boss.

The point is little money is coming into the country and a lot is going out out. imagine how much we pay to bring things into this country, basic commodities like rice, groundnut oil are imported. If we can make an arrangement with these countries to bring in production plants into the country by charging minimum tax on them. they come in and provide jobs and prices will be reduced. Its a win win for us if we can place a ban on importation for at least 2years. Pardon my english nah vex cos am embarassed
Re: Opinion Of A Mumu Nigerian by gafadove(m): 6:37pm On Sep 17, 2016
The problem is that this government just came and started banning without putting somethings in place. U don't ban what you are not producing yet. Those managing the economy are the problem. No clue. Infacts what has the government done on agriculture?

1 Like

Re: Opinion Of A Mumu Nigerian by mrvitalis(m): 7:30pm On Sep 17, 2016
GoldCircle:

I await your answers.

Thank you,

1) because we want to diversify dose that mean we should stop exploring our oil?? Is there anything wrong if we produce 10 million barrels per day and yet that contribute only 25% of our revenue??
Why are u talking about only oil exploration in the North.. Why not talk about the plan to expand our water boundaries to include 40% more oil blocks??
2) economy polices are very clear... .. . The mining sector is being improved.. Investors are coming in... the transport sector has received more investment.. The ict hubs. . Automobile hubs
If u can see it. . They u have a problem
3) what was actually banned?? We can't ban Any goods we are members of ITO.. Get ur facts straight

1 Like

Re: Opinion Of A Mumu Nigerian by GoldCircle: 11:07pm On Sep 17, 2016
mrvitalis:

1) because we want to diversify dose that mean we should stop exploring our oil?? Is there anything wrong if we produce 10 million barrels per day and yet that contribute only 25% of our revenue??
Why are u talking about only oil exploration in the North.. Why not talk about the plan to expand our water boundaries to include 40% more oil blocks??
2) economy polices are very clear... .. . The mining sector is being improved.. Investors are coming in... the transport sector has received more investment.. The ict hubs. . Automobile hubs
If u can see it. . They u have a problem
3) what was actually banned?? We can't ban Any goods we are members of ITO.. Get ur facts straight
I wouldn't want join issues with you as I see from your post that you reason like a fish. You are of very low iq, hence the reason for your being dull.
Re: Opinion Of A Mumu Nigerian by lashout1: 11:45am On Sep 18, 2016
As much as i like your purview, I am not good with the ban (2yes) like proposed. No County run's her economy by hitting the auto pilot switch or on the watch of a deity.

Not till we stop appraising our presidency on the Km of roads tarred or number of persons imprisoned for corrupt practices.
A strong nation is based on laws, policies and structure (systems).

The govt should hav strengthened producers within, both goods and services. When the price of local goods are higher than foreign one, yet their quality is like the gap btw my wealth and dangotes'

50-90% of our youths are filled with viable business ideas yet no money to start it up. walk into a bank for a line and hear then request for your grandmum as collateral yet they intend to frustrate the idea so they can go home with her. Can you run a capitalist economy without capital?

Before banning, a strategically planned policies will b proposed to lure investors especially from within. Either using single digit interest rate, cushioned loan application process, registration of all citizens with a running data base to track all and at all time etc.

Just like we experienced in our places of work with our boss.

My Knack.

1 Like

Re: Opinion Of A Mumu Nigerian by Nobody: 8:48am On Sep 20, 2016
lashout1:

Before banning, a strategically planned policies will b proposed to lure investors especially from within. Either using single digit interest rate, cushioned loan application process, registration of all citizens with a running data base to track all and at all time etc.

Very good idea this is what am talking about.
Please more constructive ideas and if this can be moved to front page, we have politicians on Nairaland. Oby Ezekwezili just called this forum a bin yard. Let's prove her wrong

Re: Opinion Of A Mumu Nigerian by Anyi3(m): 9:10am On Sep 20, 2016
Nigeria is a signatory to various trade agreements. You can't just completely shut the borders.

Besides there isn't sufficient infrastructure now to stimulate local manufacturing.
Re: Opinion Of A Mumu Nigerian by yungryce: 9:22am On Sep 20, 2016
prof1990:

Very good idea this is what am talking about.
Please more constructive ideas and if this can be moved to front page, we have politicians on Nairaland. Oby Ezekwezili just called this forum a bin yard. Let's prove her wrong
actually, she is very right. Nairalad used to be a place where you come to get information and to also add information but now, its just a place we come to see who is wearing what with boobs and a.ss on display not forgetting the tribalistic bigots who use every thread to show how frustrated their lives are. instead of the mods amending things, they ban whoever they feel have said too much while they continue pushing trash to the frontpage. considering the strength of the youth and the Internet, we are supposed to use such mediums to make our voices heard and to drive the changes we truly want but instead we are interested in making our voices heard for the totally wrong reasons. i dont think she could have said it any better

3 Likes

Re: Opinion Of A Mumu Nigerian by DaudaAbu(m): 9:32am On Sep 20, 2016
Nice

People dont like been out of their comfort zone.

But anyone who cares to look beyond the recession would see that there are a lot of opportunities right now.
Re: Opinion Of A Mumu Nigerian by Nobody: 10:02am On Sep 20, 2016
Well said OP.
Let me contribute my quota.
We as a nation really need to look beyond this recession and see greater benefit from it. Our dependence on import goods is so high, we need to check-mate this and start producing our own local goods and start appreciating them. A lot of people are complaining about the sky rocketed price of rice, let me ask you, can't Nigeria plant, harvest, mill and process her own rice? Or rather, we have few ones that are being processed but only few Nogeriams know about it and are patronizing it. It has dawned on us now. We are running helter skelter.
Govt should set up youths with different entrepreneur skills and work on it. Enough of the endless importations. Lets start producing our goods and service.
Re: Opinion Of A Mumu Nigerian by aloeman15(m): 3:43pm On Sep 20, 2016
Na wa o...
Your enthusiasm and idealism are both commendable, but sad to see.
It should be glaring by now that govt at every level is neither interested in, nor willing to solve the nation's problems.
Would you run a distressed family or business the way buhari has been running nigeria? Your answer should give you some insight. 6 months to appoint noise makers while the cbn gov was busy running the economy that's beyond his remit, a honeymoon when your house is in blazes, nass on 2 months' holiday when the nation has just officially entered recession. Are these the actions of serious minds?
If after 16months of the federal or state govt, you still can't get funds for a viable (not to talk of a lucrative) business- whether pencil factory or making shoes- what was the point in voting for them?
THIS IS MY MESSAGE TO NIGERIA'S YOUTHS-
Your only hope in success lies in your immediate community. Family, friends, religious groups, past and present colleagues are the only ones you should be sharing ideas with.
If you need funds for a business, brainstorm with those you trust and form or find a cooperative to contribute funds to.
If your only hope is n-power's 23k, you're in really deep trouble.
Government shows it's determination ONLY through good policies, not by being the major employer of labour.
A word is enough.
DaudaAbu:
Nice

People dont like been out of their comfort zone.

But anyone who cares to look beyond the recession would see that there are a lot of opportunities right now.

(1) (Reply)

Islamic Scholars In Kano Call For Aisha Buhari’s Arrest...... Can This Happen? / Buhari's Gov't Lacks Agenda Like Jonathan's Administration – Dino Melaye / Buhari Returns To Nigeria On Sunday, Resumes Monday

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.