Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,015 members, 7,817,990 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:13 AM

The Problem Of Positive Thinking (are We Fooling Ourselves?) - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / The Problem Of Positive Thinking (are We Fooling Ourselves?) (531 Views)

Who Is Fooling Who? / Opinion Poll: Has ASUU Strike Yielded Any Positive Result? / The Problem Of Getting Transcripts From Nigerian Universities By Ann Meje (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The Problem Of Positive Thinking (are We Fooling Ourselves?) by lola024(f): 12:33pm On Sep 17, 2016
I had a nice conversation on a plane the other day with a woman who told me that she learned about the importance of positive thinking from reading self-help books.

am sure many people will click away because this is educational and for intellectuals.....

When I asked if she found this advice useful, she said, "not really." We both laughed, but I think this is true for a lot of people. And yet, we keep hearing about the power of positive thinking. Why?

Perhaps it has something to do with the fact that negative beliefs about the self, the world, and the future can lead to anger, anxiety, and depression. And to feel better, it seems reasonable to turn to "optimistic" or "positive" thinking.

But this strategy can backfire if our new ideas aren't believable, realistic, or confirmed by our experiences.

I know most of you are think maybe lola is crazy....I am not.....I came across a piece of a Nigerian student, very short and accurate...am still accessing it and finding problems to his idea....but I will be glad, if you can see his write up and tell me what you think.....

This is educational and for intelligent people. please if you are not here to learn....pls move to Romance thread.....
read his piece here about the Problem of Positive Thinking
http://www.corpersforum.com/?topic=74.0

what do you think?

Re: The Problem Of Positive Thinking (are We Fooling Ourselves?) by BlackMbakara1(m): 4:25pm On Sep 19, 2016
Depends on the perspective...

(1) (Reply)

Photo Of An Adult Who Enrolled Himself Into A Primary School Goes Viral / The Rusticated Unilag Student, Adeyeye Olorunfemi, Deserves Expulsion. / UNN 2nd Batch List...... ...

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.