Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,849 members, 7,820,959 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 05:20 AM

Nigerian Football On The Decline - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Nigerian Football On The Decline (617 Views)

5 Things I'm Tired Of Hearing Nigerian Football Fans Say / Watch Live Football On Pc / Globacom Premier League: The Nigerian Football League (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Nigerian Football On The Decline by lipuka(m): 12:07pm On Oct 10, 2009
I have in the past spoken out about Nigerian football. In my opinion, it is on the decline. The persformance of the Under-20 in Egypt should serve as a wake up call to Nigerian Football officialos. Just look at how far Ghana has gone and you begin to realise that Nigeria is indeed under threat.

For the second time in a row, Nigeria may not appear in the World Cup True they will probably beat Mozambique in Abuja, and beat Kenya in Nairobi, but I also see Tunisia beat Kenya with an avalanche of goals in Tunis, and Mozambique in Maputo.

Nigeria has the Under 17, which will be held in Nigeria to redeem themselves, but I am afraid this will not be enough. I can predict here that even the Under 17 will under perform. And this is very sad for such a great football nation.

I have long given up on Kenyan football, sio I have always hoped to see Nigeria and support it. I must admit as a fan of the Eagles, I am very disappointed that the Eagle is no longer able to fly at all.

(1) (Reply)

Fifa U-17 World Cup Nigeria 2009- The Official Thread! / Nigeria Football Woes:sani Lulu And Co. Must Go: / Eagles, The Fans, South Africa 2010, Amodu, Nfa And Siasia

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.