Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,317 members, 7,815,604 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:08 PM

Buhari To Sign Climate Change Pact In New York - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari To Sign Climate Change Pact In New York (6501 Views)

Buhari Blames Climate Change For Fulani Herdsmen Crisis / Fulani Herdsmen, Farmers Sign Peace Pact In Neighbour Country Niger / President Buhari Arrives Morocco Ahead Of Climate Change Conference (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Buhari To Sign Climate Change Pact In New York by mamabomboy: 1:35pm On Sep 17, 2016
President Muhammadu Buhari has left Abuja for New York, United States ahead of the 71st session of the United Nations General Assembly.

The President who departed Nnamdi Azikiwe International Airport at about 11 o’clock Saturday morning was seen of by Minister of FCT MUhammad Musa Bello and other senior government officials.

The President will also attend series of high level meetings of significant interest to Nigeria and lead discussions at the United States – Africa Business Forum devoted to Investment opportunities in Nigeria.

In the same vein, Minister of Foreign Affairs Geoffery Onyeama, at a media interactive session he held at the United Nations Headquarters, New York revealed to journalists that the President will signs the Paris Treaty on Climate during the cause of the 71st UN General Assembly .

Some of the world leaders including President Barrack Obama of America & his Chinese counterpart had already signed the Treaty.

According to the Minister, top on Nigerian UN agenda during the General Assembly is to engage African Union and other countries to work towards the reform of the United Nations, to be more democratic and responsive to the needs of the world.

In addition to the wave of change, Nigeria will like to propose to the UN body to create an Agency dedicated for the youth.

As the UN prepares to elect a new Secretary General, Onyeama assured the international community that Nigeria will support a new Secretary General that will be Development and Africa friendly, as well as sympathetic to the course of Nigeria.

while responding on questions on investment, power and insecurity, the Minster said the government has established various security mechanisms to create attractive investment environment for would be investors.

He added that with the fall in oil price, Nigeria is looking into diversification of its economy towards agriculture and solid minerals.

It is expected that there will be a lot of investment opportunity for foreign investors during the US-Africa Business Forum, scheduled to take place next week in New York.

Nigeria has been invited as one of the focal countries whose economies search light is beamed on.

The Minister responded to various questions on poverty, migration, human right, terrorism & security ( BokoHaram), and other challenges the country is facing in retrieving the Abacha’s loot and other Nigeria’s assets stashed abroad.

Onyeama said Nigeria will host a High level side event on Climate Change, to showcase Government’ efforts in the Ogoni clean up

President Buhari is being accompanied by Governor AbdulAziz Yari of Zamfara State and his Lagos State Counterpart Akinwunmi Ambode, Ministers and Some members of the National Assembly.

http://www.nta.ng/news/diplomacy/20160917-buhari-to-sign-climate-change-treaty-leaves-for-new-york/

1 Like

Re: Buhari To Sign Climate Change Pact In New York by mamabomboy: 1:40pm On Sep 17, 2016
Bye Bye Mr Dullard, make sure you don't increase fuel price from yankee. And if you try it, just buy a one way ticket to Aleppo

20 Likes

Re: Buhari To Sign Climate Change Pact In New York by LagosBoi2(m): 9:22am On Sep 18, 2016
mamabomboy:
Bye Bye Mr Dullard, make sure you don't increase fuel price from yankee. And if you try it, just buy a one way ticket to Aleppo
VocalWalls:
What does he know is climate change? Does he know its causes and effects?
Auto-pilot president
He better not plagiarize Obama's signature.
chinnasa:
Ajala the traveller resume travelling.
wickedboi:
Bubu check the document well
make u no go sign ur resignation letter for New York
Thisis2raw:
Abeg mak dem help am before him go go sign wetin him no knw

Make urna respect dis man small na...at least he senior urna papa for efritin

9 Likes

Re: Buhari To Sign Climate Change Pact In New York by gurunlocker: 9:22am On Sep 18, 2016
I hope he understand what he want to sign.... He can even sign his resignation letter without reading...

37 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari To Sign Climate Change Pact In New York by Fairgodwin(m): 9:23am On Sep 18, 2016
gurunlocker:
I hope he understand what he want to sign.... He can even sign his resignation letter without reading...

Hahahaha, wicked!

12 Likes

Re: Buhari To Sign Climate Change Pact In New York by VocalWalls: 9:24am On Sep 18, 2016

Auto-pilot president

24 Likes

Re: Buhari To Sign Climate Change Pact In New York by chinnasa: 9:24am On Sep 18, 2016
Ajala the traveller resume travelling.

18 Likes

Re: Buhari To Sign Climate Change Pact In New York by okoroko(m): 9:25am On Sep 18, 2016
Hope he reads btw the lines!!!
Re: Buhari To Sign Climate Change Pact In New York by wickedboi: 9:25am On Sep 18, 2016
Bubu check the document well
make u no go sign ur resignation letter for New York

3 Likes

Re: Buhari To Sign Climate Change Pact In New York by kaen1317: 9:25am On Sep 18, 2016
Will the pact in new york solve this recession problem and end the suffering in Nigeria?
Re: Buhari To Sign Climate Change Pact In New York by ajalawole(m): 9:26am On Sep 18, 2016
Which kind problematic president be this. People never see food chop you wen go sign calamity pact grin sad

3 Likes

Re: Buhari To Sign Climate Change Pact In New York by Kaybee14(m): 9:27am On Sep 18, 2016
That's good. But there are other pressing issues that needs urgent attention so as to bring about positive impact to all well-meaning Nigerians.

3 Likes

Re: Buhari To Sign Climate Change Pact In New York by Cuntslayer: 9:27am On Sep 18, 2016
who is fooling who?
The Ogoni cleanup that u guys have abandoned since the day of inauguration.

17 Likes

Re: Buhari To Sign Climate Change Pact In New York by dunmorris(m): 9:28am On Sep 18, 2016
kai
Re: Buhari To Sign Climate Change Pact In New York by Nobody: 9:28am On Sep 18, 2016
this guy should not sign this climate change pact our economy is largely dependent on fossil fuels. the coal in Enugu is yet to be utilized. 100% of our factory and vehicles are powered by fossil fuels. until we have the capacity to build renewable vehicles our self and export we should never think of signing that pact. because it would be used to sanction our country. the USA might ask us to cut our crude oil production or block trade for us in the international market. the disadvantages is more than advantages.

28 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari To Sign Climate Change Pact In New York by Opeyemibayonle(m): 9:29am On Sep 18, 2016
Baba read am very well o.. No sign rubbish come nigeria o.

3 Likes

Re: Buhari To Sign Climate Change Pact In New York by MAXIMAL123(m): 9:29am On Sep 18, 2016
Good news

1 Like

Re: Buhari To Sign Climate Change Pact In New York by Drajah(m): 9:29am On Sep 18, 2016
undecided undecided....baba go understand watin im dey sign so??....make dem no go play baba wayo o....baba wey English dey hard to hear grin grin.... grin...I dey believe baba sha grin

4 Likes

Re: Buhari To Sign Climate Change Pact In New York by Nobody: 9:29am On Sep 18, 2016
Wetin concern Nigeria with climate change. Imagine how many cars are not well maintained and produce toxic fumes, or generators. This country ehn embarassed

1 Like

Re: Buhari To Sign Climate Change Pact In New York by agboskipool(m): 9:40am On Sep 18, 2016
So na climate problem de worry nigerians abi....yeye presi

6 Likes

Re: Buhari To Sign Climate Change Pact In New York by ReverseEngineer: 9:41am On Sep 18, 2016
Together, we can make our Environment safer. However, Need be to set our priorities right as globetrotting isn't a solution to our economic woes
Want to Become A full stack web developer and
a software programmer? Check my signature

1 Like

Re: Buhari To Sign Climate Change Pact In New York by Aroh48(m): 9:41am On Sep 18, 2016
gurunlocker:
men are not smiling.

1 Like

Re: Buhari To Sign Climate Change Pact In New York by mavinkalot: 9:45am On Sep 18, 2016
he just heard the change in the sentence, it is not the climate that got him.
VocalWalls:

Auto-pilot president

3 Likes

Re: Buhari To Sign Climate Change Pact In New York by Bobmaintain: 9:47am On Sep 18, 2016
Is Alright

Re: Buhari To Sign Climate Change Pact In New York by Synzu(m): 9:52am On Sep 18, 2016
Buhari doesn't know what climate change is or the effects of what he's going to sign. I don't know either but I'm quite sure the governments of the world can do little or nothing about our weather and climate. They have no power over these things so they should STOP deceiving the masses with useless signing of treatys that won't change shxt!

6 Likes

Re: Buhari To Sign Climate Change Pact In New York by Thisis2raw(m): 9:52am On Sep 18, 2016
Abeg mak dem help am before him go go sign wetin him no knw
Re: Buhari To Sign Climate Change Pact In New York by Lasese: 9:59am On Sep 18, 2016
You better read well b4 u will sign it. Tanks to Jay that ministers following u bcz u wil Bleep up.
Re: Buhari To Sign Climate Change Pact In New York by chimah3(m): 9:59am On Sep 18, 2016
Keep signing rubbish!
Re: Buhari To Sign Climate Change Pact In New York by wickedboi: 10:00am On Sep 18, 2016
LagosBoi2:

Make urna respect dis man small na...at least he senior urna papa for efritin

Oga ade
Respect is reciprocal
Tell him to be forthright in his dealings with us
We demand the fulfillment of his electoral promises
Until then, keep your advice to yourself.

3 Likes

Re: Buhari To Sign Climate Change Pact In New York by LockDown69(m): 10:02am On Sep 18, 2016
How does him being a signatory to this pact help our present predicament? Smh!

1 Like

Re: Buhari To Sign Climate Change Pact In New York by brainpower(m): 10:03am On Sep 18, 2016
This isn't about party affiliation or anything else, this is just plain sincerity and I wish someone can find a way to make me think differently, I really wish so.

I find it difficult to believe that Buhari understands any global issue, evidence point to the fact that he didn't keep abreast with current affairs not that he wasn't opportuned to but because he just doesn't believe they matter to him. So whenever issues like climate change or economy or human rights come up about him I pity my country.
I wasn't really a fan of Goodluck Jonathan but the reason I supported him against Buhari was because as a young citizen of a country that's trying to compete globally in terms of technology and other 21st century innovation, it was unthinkable to support a Buhari that refused to upgrade himself.
And I hate to say I was right for thinking that way but I was right. I wish it was KOWA party that won instead of him. I would have even preferred atiku. But since Buhari is the president now, we can only hope and pray that he get up-to-date advisers and he listens to them.
In conclusion, I hope he understands whatever he is made to agree or sign by these westerners.

4 Likes

Re: Buhari To Sign Climate Change Pact In New York by LagosBoi2(m): 10:15am On Sep 18, 2016
wickedboi:

Oga ade
Respect is reciprocal
Tell him to be forthright in his dealings with us
We demand the fulfillment of his electoral promises
Until then, keep your advice to yourself.

Why don't you choose constructive criticism instead of yarbing, It doesn't portray you to come from a decent background. Issorite

(1) (2) (Reply)

PENGASSAN Threatens Strike Over Assets Sale / These 3 Candidate Stand A Good Chance For 2023 Election. / Convention: APC Battles Consensus Crisis As Buhari, Governors Meet Tuesday

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.