Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,834 members, 7,810,208 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:55 PM

Cost Of Putting Tiles In My Apart - Properties (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Cost Of Putting Tiles In My Apart (64876 Views)

Stop Putting Gas Cylinders Inside Kitchens, Burns Expert Warns / Current Cost Of Stone Coated Roofing Tiles In Nigeria 07062764235 / Stone Coated Roofing Sheet / Roof Tiles In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Cost Of Putting Tiles In My Apart by whys: 7:21am On Sep 18, 2016
Since you know the square metres, add 10% to it.

Go round the shops (3-5 should do)check the type you like, write the names, ask them for advantage /disadvantages. In my case some were said to look fine and cheap but edges not straight or will crack off in heat season (one actually used the word explode commot for ground).

Bring feedback here first and compare what experienced pple here will concur or refute what the different shops told you.

Go back to the shop that told you the 'least lie' and finally buy according to the opinion you finally hear from here.

It's true workmanship is 300-400 naira as the other person said.

3 Likes

Re: Cost Of Putting Tiles In My Apart by NixandaCEO(m): 7:21am On Sep 18, 2016
ironheart:
He meant the workmanship, what i will suggest to you is to get someone to calculate the AREA of your space first, it will now be in SQUARE METRES. With that information in your hand, you can now find the quantity of tiles you need to buy, and how much materials you need. Also the amount you will pay for labour.

The quality of tiles used will determine the cost of the work to be done. But budget from 100k

Great advice you just gave her. That's exactly what she needs to do.

1 Like

Re: Cost Of Putting Tiles In My Apart by phorget(m): 7:21am On Sep 18, 2016
calculating the square metre using ur stated 12 by 16ft measurement... u'll get about 17.9square meter but since you also stated that its a bit bigger than the 12" by 16" then we'll have to assume the extra space to be a another 1.1 square meter totalling 17.9 +1.1 =19 square metres. 19 divided by 1.5 will give u 12.7 so the total number of tile packs u'll need for that living room will be 13packs.
other materials includes 3 to 4 bags of cement, 7 head pans of sand and a packet of white cement. the the labour is between 350 to 400 per square meter. 400 x 19= 7600 for labour.

12 Likes

Re: Cost Of Putting Tiles In My Apart by sniperwolf(m): 7:27am On Sep 18, 2016
walosky:
what about cement , water if need be ...did u add d cost?
My analysis is for labour cost only
Re: Cost Of Putting Tiles In My Apart by CircleOfWilis: 7:29am On Sep 18, 2016
Following
Re: Cost Of Putting Tiles In My Apart by CircleOfWilis: 7:34am On Sep 18, 2016
phorget:
calculating the square metre using ur stated 12 by 16ft measurement... u'll get about 17.9square meter but since you also stated that its a bit bigger than the 12" by 16" then we'll have to assume the extra space to be a another 1.1 square meter totalling 17.9 +1.1 =19 square metres. 19 divided by 1.5 will give u 12.7 so the total number of tile packs u'll need for that living room will be 13packs.
other materials includes 3 to 4 bags of cement, 7 head pans of sand and a packet of white cement. the the labour is between 350 to 400 per square meter. 400 x 19= 7600 for labour.
what the cost of 13packs then...

1 Like

Re: Cost Of Putting Tiles In My Apart by Btruth: 7:37am On Sep 18, 2016
Talk to Uzor. He is a tiles expert.

08067764408. Goodluck

1 Like

Re: Cost Of Putting Tiles In My Apart by phorget(m): 7:43am On Sep 18, 2016
CircleOfWilis:
what the cost of 13packs then...
Tile varies so also does the cost of tiles... client should get a sample tile then the cost would be determined in a tile store.
Re: Cost Of Putting Tiles In My Apart by fippycbk(m): 7:46am On Sep 18, 2016
The room size should be 3.6m by 4.8m that's 17.28sqm.
Re: Cost Of Putting Tiles In My Apart by ceaser: 7:47am On Sep 18, 2016
cheenway:
Please u would like to know how much it will cost me to tile my apartment. I'm renovating the place so I intend starting from my parlour and if possible the kitchen. It is a room and parlour self contain. The size of the parlour is a little bigger than 12" by 16". I think dat z how it is calculated

2 years back, for a total of three bedroom apartment (each self c contained), an ante room and a courtyard, cost of the tiles alone gulped 495k or thereabout, transporting the tile was around 5k over some 15kms. Then a bag of cement was going for 1k350 (I think I used 45 bags or so), a load of sand for 12k500 (I used two loads). Workmanship was the cheapest at 300 naira per square meter (totaling around 45k workmanship then).

Right now though, prices have almost doubled. So it's all gonna cost an arm and a leg, especially purchasing the tiles and cement.

2 Likes

Re: Cost Of Putting Tiles In My Apart by CircleOfWilis: 7:51am On Sep 18, 2016
phorget:

Tile varies so also does the cost of tiles... client should get a sample tile then the cost would be determined in a tile store.
forgive my questions, just need to know what a pack means..kindly site an example using a tile of choice

Thank u..
Re: Cost Of Putting Tiles In My Apart by PqsMike: 8:00am On Sep 18, 2016
Contact a Trained Quantity Surveyor

Check my signature
Re: Cost Of Putting Tiles In My Apart by phorget(m): 8:00am On Sep 18, 2016
CircleOfWilis:
forgive my questions, just need to know what a pack means..kindly site an example using a tile of choice

Thank u..
Tiles come in different shape and sizes... the conventional ones are the 30 by 30,40 by 40,60 by 60,25 by 40 etc. if a client settles for a 60 by 60 size of tile then in a pack of 60 by 60 tile we usually have about 4pieces of tiles of that 60 by 60 tile. A 60 by 60 tile will cover about 2 by 2ft on the floor. call me on 08166682048 for more clarification should you need any.

2 Likes

Re: Cost Of Putting Tiles In My Apart by kollysnut(m): 8:02am On Sep 18, 2016
Know the total area u want to cover, it could be in ft2 or sq2. If u calculate the total area in ft2, multiply it by 0.09. That will give the figures in sq2 meters( na werin omo igbo for market understands).

Now, if ur having 50sq2 as total. Then I need to go to t market, to identify the type of tiles u want, dey come in different coverage area.

Th omo igbo will ask u what ur total coverage area. N do the calculation for u with the sq2 of the tiles u chose.

I can get u a good tiles, if u square is much, I advise u go to orile, but if not, u can go to cement bust stop towards dopemu side.

I can be of service. Check my signature

Happy sunday.
Re: Cost Of Putting Tiles In My Apart by lollmaolol(m): 8:19am On Sep 18, 2016
adexoramo:
Only if u can giv me the job to do

Come & let's discuss.....where do u live...pm me today
Re: Cost Of Putting Tiles In My Apart by Nature8(m): 8:21am On Sep 18, 2016
Re: Cost Of Putting Tiles In My Apart by Rapaltar(m): 8:31am On Sep 18, 2016
Aii...

Mehme try...

It depends on the dimensioning of ya parlour and the sq.meter of the tiles...
Say ur parlor has a length of 6m and breadth of 4m... U multiply both which gives u 24 sq meter...

Now depending on the tile u want der are different kind of tiles and sizes... I recommend you don't buy pnt...

Things don cost now so u go gas go do market survey...

When doing ya survey, check for the sq.m the carton of tiles Wud cover... It ranges...

Say it covers about 1.5 sqm
You den divide 24 sqm by 1.5sqm
Dahz about 16...
You den multiply 16 by the amount of the carton of 1.5 sqm
Say 16 * 2500 which gives about 40k

You den av to add like a carton in case of breakage which cumulates to 42k5h

Now the tiler...

The charge per sqm.. U cud get a tiler for 300 naira per Sqm...
So 300*24 dahz about 7200
Dahz about 50k already

Cement Na anoda issue... A bag now costs about 2500...

Der u have it...

How many likes for a brother?

24 Likes

Re: Cost Of Putting Tiles In My Apart by coyy(m): 8:33am On Sep 18, 2016
cheenway:
Please u would like to know how much it will cost me to tile my apartment. I'm renovating the place so I intend starting from my parlour and if possible the kitchen. It is a room and parlour self contain. The size of the parlour is a little bigger than 12" by 16". I think dat z how it is calculated
it is 400 per square meter.. that's d cost of workmanship. how much d tiles itself cost depends on ur choice of tiles.. I mean quality of tiles u want to use.

some cost 4000 per square meters while we have some for less too.. it all depends on ur choice.

u can pm me for more info.

1 Like

Re: Cost Of Putting Tiles In My Apart by NOSURRENDER: 8:34am On Sep 18, 2016
Prinzofparis:

if he is going to stay in the house for at least a year and he likes d idea of tiles over carpet or rugs, its worth it. there's nothing there if you tile a house u would live in for some time.

by the way, building could be his.
its very wrong to tile your landlord house. Aren't u saving to build yours?

2 Likes

Re: Cost Of Putting Tiles In My Apart by favexx(f): 8:40am On Sep 18, 2016
Evergreen4:
Get a tiler to measure it and give u the estimated cost. It is measured in square metre and one square meter is abt 300 naira or 350 naira due to the inflation.
me and my mama go price tiles the cheapest in square metres is 1300
Re: Cost Of Putting Tiles In My Apart by Ravenna: 8:41am On Sep 18, 2016
Cutehector:
Lol wat happens when u Wana relocate? So u tile it free for d landlord?
If you continue to reason like this, you'll never go far.

6 Likes

Re: Cost Of Putting Tiles In My Apart by ourleader(m): 8:50am On Sep 18, 2016
cheenway:
Were do you stay & when do intend to start because I'm working in TILES PRODUCING COMPANY
Re: Cost Of Putting Tiles In My Apart by sleekdre: 9:03am On Sep 18, 2016
Honourable001:
meet a Quantity Surveyor to do the needful for you. horlaharmoo@gmail.com
Bro, every thing is not all about QS, what happened to DIY? Haba Hajiya!!
Re: Cost Of Putting Tiles In My Apart by kabaz(m): 9:03am On Sep 18, 2016
I contact me for electric fence, CCTV, AUTOMATED GATES, Security doors, access control locks, and all kind of doors...09052389644
Re: Cost Of Putting Tiles In My Apart by jackie3B(f): 9:21am On Sep 18, 2016
it depends on d kind of tiles u want to use..I think dia is one cartoon of 4 pieces*4 by 4,for 4300 nd many oda varieties..... d tilers in d huz estimate for him naa...no b only sampling ur goods
Re: Cost Of Putting Tiles In My Apart by OOSB(m): 9:47am On Sep 18, 2016
cheenway:

For the 12 by 16ft sitting area, it's about 17.5sqm. So if you are asking for cost of doing that, then cost of tiles for ceramics tiles per pack is about 3500 to 5000naira per 1.44sqm. So you will need about 13packs. Then if you consider vinyl tiles, that will have about 3.18sqm per pack. And it goes for 2,700 to 3,000 naira per pack. And you will also need glue for applying it. Which is about 1200 for 4ltrs. This one you can actually fix yourself.

Back to the normal ceramic tiles. You will spend about 400 naira to 500naira for workmanship.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Cost Of Putting Tiles In My Apart by charlsecy(m): 9:59am On Sep 18, 2016
cheenway:
Please u would like to know how much it will cost me to tile my apartment...The size of the parlour is a little bigger than 12" by 16"....
12" by 16" means 12 inches x 16 inches. I doubt if that is the true dimensions of the parlour, because that's not enough room for even a cat. I believe you mean 12 feet x 16 feet. That is roughly 18 square metres. A square metre costs between N1,250 depending on the specs. Make an estimate of at least N23,750 (N1250 x 19) just for the parlour tiles. I added one square metre to make allowance for possible breakage. Workmanship might be N250 per square metre. Add the cost of transport, cement, sand and other materials.

2 Likes

Re: Cost Of Putting Tiles In My Apart by Evergreen4(m): 10:03am On Sep 18, 2016
ourchy:
Does it include the titles and installation?
that's for fixing of the tiles only.
Re: Cost Of Putting Tiles In My Apart by Evergreen4(m): 10:07am On Sep 18, 2016
favexx:
me and my mama go price tiles the cheapest in square metres is 1300
I'm not talking about the price of the tiles in the mkt, because prices varies in the mkt. I'm talking abt the prince for fixing the tiles
Re: Cost Of Putting Tiles In My Apart by rafcrown(m): 11:03am On Sep 18, 2016
I have interest .If you can send the price list -adecrown22@gmail.com.
gist4kidsblog:
Call/WhatsApp 08085-310-359 for your sanitary Ware and Doors
Re: Cost Of Putting Tiles In My Apart by rafcrown(m): 11:26am On Sep 18, 2016
I will soon need a good,reliable,reasonable, efficient and economical TILER.The small job is based In Lagos,3 BEDROOM BUNGALOW,self contained-Close to Ikotun area.
Buying good Tiles and getting a great Tiler to install the tiles.Its not now but before the end of the year or thereabout.
You can get in touch -adecrown22@gmail.com.
Re: Cost Of Putting Tiles In My Apart by adebaxton(m): 11:48am On Sep 18, 2016
cheenway:
That's approx. 18sqm needed.
Visit any tiles shop then get coverage of 18sqm, most are packaged @ 2sqm per carton or more.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

The Making Of "The Port Harcourt Castle" / UK Tenant Moves Out From House, Leaving 5,000 Beer Cans Filled With Urine( Pix) / Ten (10) Of The Richest And Wealthiest Neighborhoods In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.