Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,321 members, 7,819,101 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:16 AM

How Does Islam Handle Witches & Wizards? - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / How Does Islam Handle Witches & Wizards? (17240 Views)

Does Islam Prohibit Smoking Or Selling Drugs? And Drinking Or Selling Alcohol? I / Does Islam Forbids Contraceptive Pills? / What Does Islam Say About Terrorism? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Does Islam Handle Witches & Wizards? by Omenika: 8:39pm On Sep 17, 2016
Muslims, please educate me.
When you discover that one is a witch how should this be handled in Islam?
Re: How Does Islam Handle Witches & Wizards? by talkingtruth: 7:30pm On Sep 20, 2016
Omenika:

You can't get any answer because deliverance is not conducted in Islam. It appears witchcraft is not fought in Islam.

4 Likes

Re: How Does Islam Handle Witches & Wizards? by Empiree: 3:31am On Sep 21, 2016
Omenika:

How do you "discover" someone is a witch?. Is it your business to hunt them?. If they dont bother a muslim, there is nothing to do with them. Very simple. Islam is not like Christianity where you suspect someone of witchcraft and persecute instantly by jungle justice.

# In Islam, the answer is simple. If someone is truly a witch, and she doesnt bother you or anyone, you do not have the right to go after them. You have to have evidence of their wrong doing before you can accuse them.

# A muslim can fortify himself/herself by constantly reciting Qur'an, making dua, doing dhikr. This is ultimate weapon against all types of evils. We do not need to go after them to proof ourselves.

# Leave them alone if they dont bother you.

Hope this answer your concern

68 Likes 4 Shares

Re: How Does Islam Handle Witches & Wizards? by Nobody: 5:15am On Sep 21, 2016
Omenika:

Witchcraft (learning and practicing) is considered great evil in Islam. Hence, it carries a hefty punishment. This is because it affects the lives of others either psychologically or physically. Many people have be harmed because of witchcraft- either by loss of lives, properties and even just loss of comfort.
If someone is accused and proven to be practicing witchcraft, the issue is taken to a judge. The judge will then either give the person a chance to repent or order the capital punishment. Whether the person is given a chance to repent or the capital punishment depends on a variety of factors (ie, was the person caught red handed, is the person willing to repent etc).

12 Likes 3 Shares

Re: How Does Islam Handle Witches & Wizards? by haffaze777(m): 8:14am On Sep 21, 2016
Empiree:
How do you "discover" someone is a witch?. Is it your business to hunt them?. If they dont bother a muslim, there is nothing to do with them. Very simple. Islam is not like Christianity where you suspect someone of witchcraft and persecute instantly by jungle justice.

# In Islam, the answer is simple. If someone is truly a witch, and she doesnt bother you or anyone, you do not have the right to go after them. You have to have evidence of their wrong doing before you can accuse them.

# A muslim can fortify himself/herself by constantly reciting Qur'an, making dua, doing dhikr. This is ultimate weapon against all types of evils. We do not need to go after them to proof ourselves.

bestest reply so far

9 Likes

Re: How Does Islam Handle Witches & Wizards? by haffaze777(m): 8:16am On Sep 21, 2016
talkingtruth:

[s]You can't get any answer because deliverance is not conducted in Islam. It appears witchcraft is not fought in Islam.
[/s]

who take dis swear for u?

7 Likes

Re: How Does Islam Handle Witches & Wizards? by Nobody: 8:41am On Sep 21, 2016
Contact17:

Witchcraft (learning and practicing) is considered great evil in Islam. Hence, it carries a hefty punishment. This is because it affects the lives of others either psychologically or physically. Many people have be harmed because of witchcraft- either by loss of lives, properties and even just loss of comfort.
If someone is accused and proven to be practicing witchcraft, the issue is taken to a judge. The judge will then either give the person a chance to repent or order the capital punishment. Whether the person is given a chance to repent or the capital punishment depends on a variety of factors (ie, was the person caught red handed, is the person willing to repent etc).

As regards the underlined, the correct ruling after being proven to have caused harm with witchcraft or I should say a practitioner of witchcraft is execution without being allowed to repent, because he or she might be lying to have repented thereby putting the lives of others in danger, but if he repents sincerely, that is between the practitioner and Allaah.

Umar ibn khattaab ordered their execution in his time...

It should be noted that this is done by a government in a state using sharee'ah, not by some ignoramuses that knows nothing about the Islamic law(I.e jungle justice), like we see some people do in this part of the world.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Does Islam Handle Witches & Wizards? by Nobody: 8:43am On Sep 21, 2016
Omenika:

Muslims don't go about looking for a witch, we have so many things that protects us from their harm..

But if one is found, then its execution, this is done in an Islamic state by the government, not by some ignoramuses..

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Does Islam Handle Witches & Wizards? by Nobody: 1:30pm On Sep 21, 2016
lexiconkabir:

As regards the underlined, the correct ruling after being proven to have caused harm with witchcraft or I should say a practitioner of witchcraft is execution without being allowed to repent, because he or she might be lying to have repented thereby putting the lives of others in danger, but if he repents sincerely, that is between the practitioner and Allaah.

It should be noted that this is done by a government in a state using sharee'ah, not by some ignoramuses that knows nothing about the Islamic law(I.e jungle justice), like we see some people do in this part of the world.

I agree with that but the scholars differed on it and I thought it would be fair to present both opinions. Since there is a chance that the witch might be asked to repent (depending on the opnion the judge follows),I thought I'd mention it.

4 Likes

Re: How Does Islam Handle Witches & Wizards? by talkingtruth: 2:01pm On Sep 21, 2016
lexiconkabir:

Witchcraft is a spiritual practice, and you can't have physical evidence against anyone. I wonder how you want to take anybody to Sharia for judgement.

It is the power of the Almighty God that does expose them. Let me give you a testimony : I had a maid to support my wife in taking care of my children about 28 years ago. As soon as the girl got to my house, things began to change for the worse, though we couldn't trace the problem to anyone. We continued praying. Later, God revealed to my wife that the maid was a witch and she was responsible for the problems we were experiencing. After three days of fasting and prayers, the girl confessed she was a witch. She said she came to our house with a black witchcraft bird and a woman in our neighborhood gave her red bird witcraft, saying the woman had done all her best to harm us but didn't work and then she needed an insider to help her.

I called a pastor friend to join in conducting deliverance for her and, during deliverance, God revealed many things about the havoc she had perpetrated, not known to us and how she did them . And the end of the day, the girl was delivered and today she is a Deeper Life member, married with children.

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Does Islam Handle Witches & Wizards? by Nobody: 2:12pm On Sep 21, 2016
talkingtruth:

Witchcraft is a spiritual practice, and you can't have physical evidence against anyone. I wonder how you want to take anybody to Sharia for judgement.

It is the power of the Almighty God that does expose them.

There are signs in detecting a practitioner of witchcraft......

Let me give you a testimony

I hope its not another story of how Jesus suspending your daughter on air, till today I wonder how the child landed on the ground, through ladder? grin

I had a maid to support my wife in taking care of my children about 28 years ago. As soon as the girl got to my house, things began to change for the worse, though we couldn't trace the problem to anyone. We continued praying. Later, God revealed to my wife that the maid was a witch and she was responsible for the problems we were experiencing. After three days of fasting and prayers, the girl confessed she was a witch. She said she came to our house with a black witchcraft bird and a woman in our neighborhood gave her red bird witcraft, saying the woman had done all her best to harm us but didn't work and then she needed an insider to help her.

I called a pastor friend to join in conducting deliverance for her and, during deliverance, God revealed many things about the havoc she had perpetrated, not known to us and how she did them . And the end of the day, the girl was delivered and today she is a Deeper Life member, married with children.

A very touching story, someone should pls pass me a tissue.

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Does Islam Handle Witches & Wizards? by talkingtruth: 3:57pm On Sep 21, 2016
lexiconkabir

There are signs in detecting a practitioner of witchcraft......

What are the signs?

I hope its not another story of how Jesus suspending your daughter on air, till today I wonder how the child landed on the ground, through ladder? grin

The Lord who exposed a witch in my house and prevented a witch in my neighborhood from harming me is capable of doing any miracle. The girl fell near the door into the air from the upstairs and she was within reach as she didn't sink. She didn't jump into the air, she only stepped into it and she was suspended at the shout of Jesus. That is the difference between Christianity and Islam. The God of the Christians do demonstrate His Mightiness through miracles. Jesus healed the sick, raised the dead, miraculously provided food for more than 5,000 from few fish and a little bread and there were leftovers. He walked on water, stilled the wild wind. Nothing is impossible for Him, and because He is alive, He is still doing miracles till today. He said what He did we shall also do through Him. The disciples also did a lot of miracles, sey you know?

17 Likes

Re: How Does Islam Handle Witches & Wizards? by Nobody: 4:19pm On Sep 21, 2016
talkingtruth:

What are the signs?

Although you don't need it putting my past experience with you in consideration, but I'll give some of the signs for those that are interested;

1 – The magician will ask you for some clothing which has been in direct contact with your body, they are looking for something which has traces of sweat upon it. It can also be a comb, or some hair, or a picture (photo).

2 – The magician will ask you for your name and the name of your mother. This type of magician is potentially greater in his disbelief than others, because the devils are prepared to work for him through names alone, without the need for any clothing or hair and the likes, which indicates his obedience to the devils is greater than others, and that he has reached a level with these devils that other lesser magicians have not.

3 – He will chant or mumble what are talismans (spells, amulets) but in a language that is not understandable, also will ask a person to keep away from the people for a defined time in a room in which no sunlight enters.

4 – He will often use incense or a fire in which he will put incense.

5 – The magician will ask you for a sacrificial animal (chicken, sheep etc.) with a given description (i.e. age, size etc.) so that it is sacrificed in a specific way (without Allaah's name being mentioned), and then its blood is used to smear on to the patient's body (where he has his pain or disease), or the patient may be requested to go to a deserted buildings or places and asked to smear the blood, or it may be on stones or on trees in a certain location.

6 – On some occasions the magician may tell the person his name, his mother's name, the place he has come from, or the reason (problem, ailment, need) for which he has come. He gets this knowledge through the devils he is giving obedience to, and which he is summoning for this purpose.

7 – He may give the person an amulet in the shape of a triangle or a square (made out of paper, or a cloth), or it could be out of leather, or it could be made out of silver, and inside of it there are written calls for help from the devils, coded through numbers and symbols, and words written backwards. He may ask the person to hang them around his neck or put them under the pillow.

These are just some of them,

These signs are found amongst many people claiming to be "faith-healers", and they come out in the garb of faith, pretending to be pious, and they place advertisements in the papers and on the radio and television (in some Muslim lands) and in the Western lands also.

The Lord who exposed a witch in my house and prevented a witch in my neighborhood from harming me is capable of doing any miracle. The girl fell near the door into the air from the upstairs and she was within reach as she didn't sink. She didn't jump into the air, she only stepped into it and she was suspended at the shout of Jesus. That is the difference between Christianity and Islam. The God of the Christians do demonstrate His Mightiness through miracles. Jesus healed the sick, raised the dead, miraculously provided food for more than 5,000 from few fish and a little bread and there were leftovers. He walked on water, stilled the wild wind. Nothing is impossible for Him, and because He is alive, He is still doing miracles till today. He said what He did we shall also do through Him. The disciples also did a lot of miracles, set you know?

grin grin abeg no burst my head with lie jhor........

14 Likes 3 Shares

Re: How Does Islam Handle Witches & Wizards? by talkingtruth: 6:11pm On Sep 21, 2016
lexiconkabir

Although you don't need it putting my past experience with you in consideration, but I'll give some of the signs for those that are interested;

1 – The magician will ask you for some clothing which has been in direct contact with your body, they are looking for something which has traces of sweat upon it. It can also be a comb, or some hair, or a picture (photo).

2 – The magician will ask you for your name and the name of your mother. This type of magician is potentially greater in his disbelief than others, because the devils are prepared to work for him through names alone, without the need for any clothing or hair and the likes, which indicates his obedience to the devils is greater than others, and that he has reached a level with these devils that other lesser magicians have not.

3 – He will chant or mumble what are talismans (spells, amulets) but in a language that is not understandable.
He will ask a person to keep away from the people for a defined time in a room in which no sunlight enters.

4 – He will often use incense or a fire in which he will put incense.

5 – The magician will ask you for a sacrificial animal (chicken, sheep etc.) with a given description (i.e. age, size etc.) so that it is sacrificed in a specific way (without Allaah's name being mentioned), and then its blood is used to smear on to the patient's body (where he has his pain or disease), or the patient may be requested to go to a deserted buildings or places and asked to smear the blood, or it may be on stones or on trees in a certain location.

6 – On some occasions the magician may tell the person his name, his mother's name, the place he has come from, or the reason (problem, ailment, need) for which he has come. He gets this knowledge through the devils he is giving obedience to, and which he is summoning for this purpose.

7 – He may give the person an amulet in the shape of a triangle or a square (made out of paper, or a cloth), or it could be out of leather, or it could be made out of silver, and inside of it there are written calls for help from the devils, coded through numbers and symbols, and words written backwards. He may ask the person to hang them around his neck or put them under the pillow.

These are just some of them,

These signs are found amongst many people claiming to be "faith-healers", and they come out in the garb of faith, pretending to be pious, and they place advertisements in the papers and on the radio and television (in some Muslim lands) and in the Western lands also.

You probably copied this from the internet. You have no idea who a witch is. What you said up there is the idea of the white people about a witch. They call anybody making charms or a magician a witch. A witch in Africa is not a charmer or magician, a real witch is a person who is initiated to do the bidding of Satan. During initiation, she is made to renounce God.

There are coven of the witches in every community, and in a large community they have sections each with a head. There are what they call elemental spirits assigned by Satan to each coven, at least two. When a decision is taken with a stamp of approval by the head, that becomes an order for the elemental spirits to execute. Witches don't need to make charms to get their evil done. Elemental spirits are very strong and powerful, but they don't act unless instructed. Witches operate in the secret as they take an oath of secrecy (wiwo lenu awo wo). That's why someone's wife can be a witch and the husband will not know for life. I tell you all these from my knowledge of demonology and the confessions of great witches (occult grandmasters) who have now turned to Christ.

grin grin abeg no burst my head with lie jhor

What is the lie? Are you saying Jesus didn't do miracles and your Quran says He did?

By whose power can a witch under a strong oath of secrecy confess?

With what you guys have said so far, one can conclude you don't have a clear understanding of witchcraft and therefore have no solution to it islamically. Whether you believe it or not, many of your Muslim women are witches.

4 Likes

Re: How Does Islam Handle Witches & Wizards? by Nobody: 6:23pm On Sep 21, 2016
^^ Alright enough of my playing, the thread is already getting derailed.....And No that wasn't copied from the internet.

1 Like

Re: How Does Islam Handle Witches & Wizards? by Smellymouth: 6:38pm On Sep 21, 2016
Empiree:

Wise words..

Alhamdulillah.. cool

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Does Islam Handle Witches & Wizards? by Rilwayne001: 10:42pm On Sep 21, 2016
talkingtruth:

It is the power of the Almighty God that does expose them. Let me give you a testimony : I had a maid to support my wife in taking care of my children about 28 years ago. As soon as the girl got to my house, things began to change for the worse, though we couldn't trace the problem to anyone. We continued praying. Later, God revealed to my wife that the maid was a witch and she was responsible for the problems we were experiencing. After three days of fasting and prayers, the girl confessed she was a witch. She said she came to our house with a black witchcraft bird and a woman in our neighborhood gave her red bird witcraft, saying the woman had done all her best to harm us but didn't work and then she needed an insider to help her.

Truthman2012 and lies like

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Does Islam Handle Witches & Wizards? by talkingtruth: 7:14am On Sep 22, 2016
Rilwayne001:

Truthman2012 and lies like

Bring your proof.

You don't believe in the power of God to deliver. Why do you worship a God you don't believe has the power to deliver?

2 Likes

Re: How Does Islam Handle Witches & Wizards? by Rilwayne001: 7:21am On Sep 22, 2016
talkingtruth:

Bring your proof.

The burden of proof is upon you not me since you are the one making the claim. wink

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Does Islam Handle Witches & Wizards? by talkingtruth: 7:22am On Sep 22, 2016
Rilwayne001:

The burden of proof is upon you not me since you are the one making the claim. wink

How did you conclude it is a lie since you have no proof to disprove it?

What kind of proof do you need before you believe ?

2 Likes

Re: How Does Islam Handle Witches & Wizards? by Rilwayne001: 7:30am On Sep 22, 2016
talkingtruth:

What kind of proof do you need?
Anything.
Re: How Does Islam Handle Witches & Wizards? by talkingtruth: 7:32am On Sep 22, 2016
Rilwayne001:

Anything.

Anything is nothing
Re: How Does Islam Handle Witches & Wizards? by Rilwayne001: 7:33am On Sep 22, 2016
talkingtruth:

How did you conclude it is a lie since you have no proof to disprove it?

It's a lie simply because your word cannot be taking as truth after your lie of Jesus suspending your daughter in the air without any evidence to show for it.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Does Islam Handle Witches & Wizards? by talkingtruth: 8:00am On Sep 22, 2016
Rilwayne001:

It's a lie simply because your word cannot be taking as truth after your lie of Jesus suspending your daughter in the air without any evidence to show for it.

What evidence are you looking for?

You islamists say you take a witch to Sharia for adjudication,, which is a blatant lie as you can't detect a witch with physical evidence. Witches operate in the spirit, they travel to meetings astrally.

Because you guys are comfortable telling lies you think everybody tells lies too. Lie telling is a serious sin before the true God. It is a false God who encourages lie telling in any style.

6 Likes

Re: How Does Islam Handle Witches & Wizards? by OlajumokeBread(f): 10:53am On Sep 23, 2016
Witches and wizard doesn't exist

Just like how Heaven or hell or Satan doesn't exist,all those things doesn't exist

What work does witches and wizards do ?? How can i join them ??
Re: How Does Islam Handle Witches & Wizards? by akinlaso(m): 10:53am On Sep 23, 2016
Re: How Does Islam Handle Witches & Wizards? by Deeypeey(m): 11:04am On Sep 23, 2016
Hmmmmm....this is a very delicate issue.r
Well...Islam admonishes that witches and wizards exist..and dt they r truly powerful...but we,as muslims are advised not to fear them.Yes,recognise dem,but dont fear them,as no being/creature has d power to hurt,maim or kill anoher being except if Almighty Allah wishes it.Rather,we r too seek refuge from Allah so as to protect ourselves and our family from them.Masha Allahu.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Does Islam Handle Witches & Wizards? by superwitboss: 11:06am On Sep 23, 2016
Omenika:

If I understand you very well, what you are referring to is if there is any sort of protection from witchcraft or form of diliverance/exorcism from demons in Islam..... well the answer is YES.

If a witch is afflicting a Muslim with evil, there are some certain chapters and verses of the Quran that Allah ensures it saves us from the evil of all kind. However if a Muslim have been afflicted with demons/Jinns all we need to do is to perform ruqiah on the person and that's all.

So if you are oblivious of the fact, now you are informed that there is some sort of deliverance/exorcism in Islam, it is called ruqiah and it is competent.

If you want to learn more I'll advise you visit this thread below

https://www.nairaland.com/209195/islam-exorcism#3241897

3 Likes

Re: How Does Islam Handle Witches & Wizards? by HAH: 11:08am On Sep 23, 2016
talkingtruth:

You can't get any answer because deliverance is not conducted in Islam. It appears witchcraft is not fought in Islam.
there is deliverance in Islam if am not making a mistake it is called rukya.

These are known as "The Thirty-Three Verses" which are the following verses of the Quran:

Surah Al-Fatihah (chapter 1): verses 1 to 7
Surah Al-Bakarah (chapter 2): verses 1 to 5, 163, 255 to 257, and 284 to 286
Surah Al-Imran (chapter 3): verses 18, 26 and 27
Surah Al-A'araf (chapter 7): verses 54 to 56
Surah Al-Israa (chapter 17): verses 110 and 111
Surah Al-Muminoon (chapter 23): verses 115 to 118
Surah Al-Saaffaat (chapter 37): verses 1 to 11
Surah Al-Rehman (chapter 55): verses 33 to 40
Surah Al-Hashr (chapter 59): verses 21 to 24
Surah Al-Jinn (chapter 72): verses 1 to 4
Surah Al-Kaafiroon (chapter 109): verses 1 to 6
Surah Al-Ikhlas (chapter 112): verses 1 to 4
Surah Al-Falaq (chapter 113): verses 1 to 5
Surah Al-Naas (chapter 114): verses 1

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: How Does Islam Handle Witches & Wizards? by Nobody: 11:10am On Sep 23, 2016
I am a Wizard and i am a Muslim.. how should i deal with myself? grin
Re: How Does Islam Handle Witches & Wizards? by Nobody: 11:17am On Sep 23, 2016
talkingtruth:

2 Likes

Re: How Does Islam Handle Witches & Wizards? by goingape: 11:27am On Sep 23, 2016
Omenika:

Truth!

Islam accepted witch. them don't handle witch, in fact them embrace witch.

Islam don't cast out demons that's there women always have spirit husband (gini)

(1) (2) (Reply)

How Authentic Is Hadith "I leave amongst you...The Book of God and my sunnah"? / Saudi Arabia Suspends Hajj Visas For Ebola Hit Countries / 14th January Declared Public Holiday For Eid-el-Maulud

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 100
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.