Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,434 members, 7,819,575 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:23 PM

Jide Omokore Returns N200m To FG - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Jide Omokore Returns N200m To FG (13824 Views)

U.S Prosecutors: How Madueke, Omokore, Aluko Blew Billions On ‘lavish Lifestyle’ / Bello Released N200m To Facilitate My Recall From Senate – Dino Melaye / EFCC Arrests Jide Omokore & Andrew Yakubu, EX- NNPC GMD, for money laundering (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Jide Omokore Returns N200m To FG by Taeewo(m): 5:19am On Sep 18, 2016
Eniola Akinkuotu

The Chairman of Atlantic Energy Drilling Concept Nigeria Limited, Mr. Jide Omokore, has returned N200m to the Federal Government, Sunday PUNCH has learnt.

It was learnt that the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission has also traced and frozen eight bank accounts allegedly belonging to Omokore.

Reliable sources in the commission told our correspondent that the eight accounts were opened at different branches of Skye Bank Plc.

Omokore, who is an ally of the immediate past Minister of Petroleum Resources, Diezani Alison-Madueke, among five others, are currently standing trial before a Federal High Court for an alleged $800m (N247bn at an exchange rate of N309/$1) fraud.

A top source at the commission said, “During investigations, we traced about eight accounts to Omokore in Skye Bank. Most of the accounts are company accounts. Some were domiciled in Marina, Adeola Hopewell and some other branches on the (Lagos) Island.

“We were able to identify about N200m. He raised some bank drafts in the name of the Federal Government and the money has been deposited into the Federal Government account while investigations continue.”

The commission had on Monday, July 4, 2016, arraigned Omokore, and five other individuals and firms, before Justice Binta Nyako of the Federal High Court, Abuja on nine counts bordering on money laundering and procurement fraud.

Those arraigned with him were a former Managing Director of Nigerian Petroleum Development Company Limited, Victor Briggs; a former Group Executive Director, Exploration and Production of the Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation, Abiye Membere; a former Manager, Planning and Commercial of the NNPC, David Mbanefo ; Atlantic Energy Brass Development Limited and Atlantic Energy Drilling Concepts Limited.

Omokore was alleged to have used the Strategic Alliance Agreement signed between the NPDC and Atlantic Energy Drilling Concept Limited to swindle the NPDC and the Nigerian government of billions of naira through the lifting of crude oil from some oil wells between March 2013 and May 2014.

The other accused persons, who were senior management employees of the NNPC, were accused of conspiracy in inducing the NPDC to facilitate the lifting of crude by Omokore, Atlantic Energy Brass Development Limited and Atlantic Energy Drilling Concept Limited.

They were equally charged with receiving car gifts from Omokore, Atlantic Energy Brass Development Limited and Atlantic Energy Drilling Concept Limited.

The charge read in part, “That you, Olajide Omokore, Atlantic Energy Brass Development Ltd, Atlantic Energy Drilling Concept Ltd and Kolawole Akanni Aluko (now at large) between May 2013 and March 2014 within the jurisdiction of this honourable court obtained by false pretences and with intent to defraud, 7,551,867 barrels of crude oil (Brass blend) valued at the sum of $823,75,189.95 from NPDC, NNPC and the Federal Government of Nigeria on the false pretences that you had funds (both local and foreign) necessary to support the NPDC in petroleum operation for the OML 60,61, 62 and 63 and you thereby committed an offence contrary to Section 1(a) of the Advance Fee Fraud and Other Fraud Related Offences Act Cap. A6, 2010, Laws of the Federation of Nigeria and punishable under Section 1(3) of the same Act.”

The defendants pleaded not guilty to the charges when they were read to them.

http://punchng.com/diezanis-ally-omokore-returns-n200m-govt/

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Jide Omokore Returns N200m To FG by slyng(m): 5:22am On Sep 18, 2016
Wow... Me dey tink say this 'our pikin' no follow chop the yam oo. Shoo!

6 Likes

Re: Jide Omokore Returns N200m To FG by EdoBoy90(m): 5:23am On Sep 18, 2016
Jonathan and corruption are... pls help me upload that popular pic on Nairaland...

52 Likes

Re: Jide Omokore Returns N200m To FG by Sunnymatey(m): 5:43am On Sep 18, 2016
Efcc pls park well joor, tired of all this witch hunting.
Re: Jide Omokore Returns N200m To FG by Pidggin(f): 5:55am On Sep 18, 2016
If this is true, it will be good but I think it's another distraction

2 Likes

Re: Jide Omokore Returns N200m To FG by Taeewo(m): 5:57am On Sep 18, 2016
EdoBoy90:
Jonathan and corruption are like

65 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jide Omokore Returns N200m To FG by Omotorvidosky: 6:04am On Sep 18, 2016
I can see a plea bargain somewhere in this case. To think that lawyers know their clients would be guilty as charged but still press on for trials tells you the level of confidence they have in puncturing these cases on "Technical Grounds". They only reverse when they discover the trial Judge isn't playing along, especially Justice Okon " PDP Nightmare" Abang.
Good job Magu, ride on without distractions, but I pray you don't end up like Nuhu Ribadu because in Nigeria? Anything, I mean anything is possible.

#Gracias

22 Likes

Re: Jide Omokore Returns N200m To FG by divinehand2003(m): 6:08am On Sep 18, 2016
THIS IS MADNESS

YOU ARE ACCUSED OF LOOTING OVER N200billion ONLY TO RETURN A PALTRY N200million.

IT'S ONLY IN NIGERIA MIGHTY LOOTERS ARE PAMPERED.

30 Likes

Re: Jide Omokore Returns N200m To FG by AWONEYAN(m): 6:13am On Sep 18, 2016
Why are they all using Skye Bank to do these shady deals........ mama piss Skye, deziani too.
Pointer to EFCC, let them use BVN of all looters cronies to trace their account in Skye Bank.....they will see mo

more reliable sources in the commission told our correspondent that the eight accounts were opened at different branches of Skye Bank Plc.

14 Likes

Re: Jide Omokore Returns N200m To FG by HtwoOw: 6:15am On Sep 18, 2016
Buhari Whyyy

Why are you witch hunting , Honest / Innocent people , Why are you forcing people to return money they did not steal ??

[size=1pt]Awon eleriibu pipu[/size]

9 Likes

Re: Jide Omokore Returns N200m To FG by HtwoOw: 6:21am On Sep 18, 2016
That's why Skye is on the verge of collapse,

See , Nigerians don't know things happening outthere , but once a goat especially any bad belle from Biafra Land goes to his facebook to write lies , his brothers and sisters , and fellow cyber warriors will paste and paste and paste until the lie becomes the truth in their mind

Skye has been like conduit for corruption, which is why they fired most of their staffs, I personally know at least 10 in different cities who were fired , Biafraudian explanation is recession , the real reason is the part they took in corruption

MY point here is , Several banks were involved with corruption, sheilding these politicians , I am pretty sure Zenith vs Fayose saga has not gone unnoticed , soon we will hear of prosecutions and huge deposits and again , Those who stand with Buhari will be Vindicated
AWONEYAN:
Why are they all using Skye Bank to do these shady deals........ mama piss Skye, deziani too.
Pointer to EFCC, let them use BVN of all looters cronies to trace their account in Skye Bank.....they will see moreReliable sources in the commission told our correspondent that the eight accounts were opened at different branches of Skye Bank Plc.

23 Likes

Re: Jide Omokore Returns N200m To FG by DrRasheed: 6:34am On Sep 18, 2016
Corruption as its peak in Nigeria.
Peace at its zenith in North East.
Indiscipline as its tip in all states.
Wailers on top in false political thread.
Yet... We strongly stand with our new sheriff. President of new Nigeria.

33 Likes

Re: Jide Omokore Returns N200m To FG by Justiyke4u: 7:17am On Sep 18, 2016
Where are all these monies

1 Like

Re: Jide Omokore Returns N200m To FG by SONofYORUBA: 7:22am On Sep 18, 2016
200m out of 200bn is nothing. Where is the rest of it?

4 Likes

Re: Jide Omokore Returns N200m To FG by chigoizie7(m): 7:26am On Sep 18, 2016
Why are dey always mentioning diezani?
Omokri is above 18yrs and should answer for his crimes independently.
I am not saying that diezani is a saint, but always mentioning her in other people's fraud case is stale.

2 Likes

Re: Jide Omokore Returns N200m To FG by jamesibor: 7:28am On Sep 18, 2016
divinehand2003:
THIS IS MADNESS

YOU ARE ACCUSED OF LOOTING OVER N200billion ONLY TO RETURN A PALTRY N200million.

IT'S ONLY IN NIGERIA MIGHTY LOOTERS ARE PAMPERED.

If you believe the N200bn kite filed, you'd believe anything.

3 Likes

Re: Jide Omokore Returns N200m To FG by Funlordjnr: 7:47am On Sep 18, 2016
chigoizie7:
Why are dey always mentioning diezani?
Omokri is above 18yrs and should answer for his crimes independently.
I am not saying that diezani is a saint, but always mentioning her in other people's fraud case is stale.

Because she is a high priestess of lootery plus her name makes corruption and looting stories sweeter! See wetin her boys dey wack na....

Talk true, if to say you no see her name for the headline you for gree enter the thread?

15 Likes

Re: Jide Omokore Returns N200m To FG by chigoizie7(m): 7:53am On Sep 18, 2016
Funlordjnr:

Because she is a high priestess of lootery plus her name makes corruption and looting stories sweeter! See wetin her boys dey wack na....

Talk true, if to say you no see her name for the headline you for gree enter the thread?

Why won't i?
Re: Jide Omokore Returns N200m To FG by weblord1900: 8:22am On Sep 18, 2016
Ok
Re: Jide Omokore Returns N200m To FG by Nobody: 8:29am On Sep 18, 2016
200M.. ok na.
Re: Jide Omokore Returns N200m To FG by pxDharniel(m): 8:47am On Sep 18, 2016
Pidggin:
If this is true, it will be God but I think it's another distraction

It will be good u meant to say. Of course, what better way to distract Nigerians from their incompetence than to bring up topics of how much was looted in the past.

1 Like

Re: Jide Omokore Returns N200m To FG by brainpulse: 8:58am On Sep 18, 2016
God is surely on our side disappointing the thoughts and imaginations of the wailers. The witches are confessing and returning the meat they ate.

6 Likes

Re: Jide Omokore Returns N200m To FG by brightballer(m): 8:59am On Sep 18, 2016
It is only the sky that can limit Skye Bank in fraudulent cases.

7 Likes

Re: Jide Omokore Returns N200m To FG by Zico5(m): 9:01am On Sep 18, 2016
May PDP die a natural death in jesus name.

7 Likes

Re: Jide Omokore Returns N200m To FG by sapientia(m): 9:01am On Sep 18, 2016
Re: Jide Omokore Returns N200m To FG by Elbowroom: 9:01am On Sep 18, 2016
Sunnymatey:
Efcc pls park well joor, tired of all this witch hunting.

who's witch hunting who?
did he steal or not?

or are you jide omokore's special assistant?

5 Likes

Re: Jide Omokore Returns N200m To FG by Kaybee14(m): 9:01am On Sep 18, 2016
Ok. But there is a clear & big difference between #247billion & #200million. I hope they're not trying to turn the figures around.

1 Like

Re: Jide Omokore Returns N200m To FG by Femich18(m): 9:02am On Sep 18, 2016
He returned 200 million which is a peanut out of the large sum stolen...Sincerely this country is finished
Re: Jide Omokore Returns N200m To FG by biggz82: 9:02am On Sep 18, 2016
Nobody is going to jail at in 9ja

1 Like

Re: Jide Omokore Returns N200m To FG by mercyviv(f): 9:02am On Sep 18, 2016
But my question is where is the money going into. I may not vote this APC administration again if they fail this 4years term

1 Like

Re: Jide Omokore Returns N200m To FG by Turks: 9:02am On Sep 18, 2016
Not enough..

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Ben Ayade Gifts Okpo Records N10m (Pics) / South-West PDP Bloc Unveils 11 Aspirants For National Chairmanship Position / All Hail Biafra- Biafran National Anthem (Remastered)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.