Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,553 members, 7,812,770 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 06:59 PM

PMB Appoints Son In Law Executive Director, NIMASA Ahead Of Superiors. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / PMB Appoints Son In Law Executive Director, NIMASA Ahead Of Superiors. (4895 Views)

Jasper Azuatalam Thanks Buhari For His Appointment As Executive Director, NSITF / PMB Appoints Secretary Gen Supreme Council Of Islamic Affairs As JAMB Registrar / PMB Appoints 17 New Heads Under Min Of Education (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

PMB Appoints Son In Law Executive Director, NIMASA Ahead Of Superiors. by TheLawTheLegal: 7:45am On Sep 18, 2016
The Federal Government a few weeks back, on recommendation by the Minister of Transport appointed the following Executive Directors; Mr. Bashir Yusuf Jamoh is the Executive Director Finance and Administration, Mr. Joseph Oluwarotimi Fashakin is the Executive Director, Maritime Safety and Shipping Development while Mr. Gambo Ahmed is the Executive Director, Maritime Labour and Cabotage Services.

The Executive Director Finance and Administration, Mr. Bashir Yusuf Jamoh is
the son-inlaw to President Mohammadu Buhari. Until his appointment, he was an
Assistant Director in NIMASA in charge of Training and Development. He had served
in the Kaduna State government before
transferring his services to the then National Maritime Authority (NMA) in 1994. Jamoh also holds a Master’s
degree in Management from the Korea Maritime and Ocean University, with a
Diploma in Accounting from the Ahmadu Bello University Zaria.

Mr. Jamoh an Assistant Director is being elevated to an Executive Director, ahead
of his superiors, which goes contrary to Nigerian civil services guidelines. Some may say that this was a political
appointment but Mr Jamoh never resigned from NIMASA before being elevated to his
new position. Based on fairness to official hierarchy which was applied to oust a
former Executive Director, Mr. Callistus Nwabueze Obi in favour of Mr. Haruna Jauro who was a NIMASA acting DG for 72 hours after his former boss (DG) was sacked, Mr Jamoh should not have been
elevated to this position. His appointment above his superiors is a major
disregard to due process.

Obviously you don’t expect a director to take directives from a one time subordinate. This type of appointment
breeds bad blood and puts a clog in the wheels of operations and administrative
duties. In fact I am compelled to believe he was appointed because he is a
son- inlaw to President Mohammadu Buhari, being married to his daughter. This is a deceitful and improper
appointment.

Another ED appointee, Mr. Joseph Oluwarotimi Fashakin, is a well-known APC
mouthpiece as they sought for this change agenda and quite vocal to say the least. He is the Executive Director
in charge of Maritime Safety and Shipping Development. He is a Telecommunication
Engineer having graduated from the University of Ife with a Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical and Electronics Engineering. Mr. Fashakin is a career telecommunication engineer and his appointment gratifies the saying that
states ‘putting a square peg in a round hole’! He is versed in his qualifications cum experience albeit in the
communication sector and one wonders why he was not appointed into the Nigerian Communication Commission,
(NCC) or even the Nigerian broadcasting Commission (NBC) where his experience
will be brought to bear and well appreciated. What does Mr. Fashakin bring to the table as far as Maritime Safety and Shipping Development are concerned?

Finally, the third appointee, Mr. Gambo Ahmed, the Executive Director of
Maritime Labour and Cabotage Services holds a Bachelor’s degree in (Business Administration) Actuarial Science from the Ahmadu Bello University, Zaria, and a Masters in Banking and Finance from
the Bayero University, Kano. Mr. Gambo has spent a number of years of his career
in the financial sector. If common sense had prevailed in this process, he should
have been assigned to Mr. Jamoh’s portfolio of finance and administration or better still sent to the Nigerian
Stock Exchange (NSE) where his wealth of experience in the sector would be well
appreciated. At a time when our economy is in dire straits, he should have been
able to introduce innovative concepts and ideas to the nation’s stock exchange
market and by so doing set a pathway to revamping our ailing economy. These
appointments are truly lopsided and unthoughtful for NIMASA’s progress.

FROM kABIRU ISSAH, IN THIS DAY

http://abujareporters.com.ng/buharis-appoints-son-in-law-bashir-jamoh-with-diploma-in-accounting-as-executive-director-finance-in-nimasa-ahead-of-superiors/

http://www.thisdaylive.com/index.php/2016/09/05/nimasas-executive-directors-assume-duty/

Re: PMB Appoints Son In Law Executive Director, NIMASA Ahead Of Superiors. by xreal: 7:47am On Sep 18, 2016
Afterall he is qualified and was serving in the same agency (NIMASA) before now.

I wish him the best in his new appointment.

Chai!
dem don quote me tire for hia, like say if na dem, dem no go do as my presido did

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: PMB Appoints Son In Law Executive Director, NIMASA Ahead Of Superiors. by iamodenigbo1(m): 7:48am On Sep 18, 2016
change

3 Likes

Re: PMB Appoints Son In Law Executive Director, NIMASA Ahead Of Superiors. by Nobody: 7:48am On Sep 18, 2016
why is the thread skewed to the left??

1 Like

Re: PMB Appoints Son In Law Executive Director, NIMASA Ahead Of Superiors. by nnachukz(m): 7:51am On Sep 18, 2016
That is it. The Saint at it again.Only his family now enjoys the promised change. Even their food budget has increased to N2b while that of zombies has decreased in inverse proportion.

28 Likes

Re: PMB Appoints Son In Law Executive Director, NIMASA Ahead Of Superiors. by ify2016: 7:54am On Sep 18, 2016
Ok
Re: PMB Appoints Son In Law Executive Director, NIMASA Ahead Of Superiors. by DAMIGHT(m): 7:58am On Sep 18, 2016
"CHANGE BEGIN WITH ME" in action

11 Likes

Re: PMB Appoints Son In Law Executive Director, NIMASA Ahead Of Superiors. by mightyhazell: 8:01am On Sep 18, 2016
Nepotism,...the highest form of corruption!

26 Likes

Re: PMB Appoints Son In Law Executive Director, NIMASA Ahead Of Superiors. by CACAWA(m): 8:02am On Sep 18, 2016
Change Begins With Common Sense

4 Likes

Re: PMB Appoints Son In Law Executive Director, NIMASA Ahead Of Superiors. by TheLawTheLegal: 8:03am On Sep 18, 2016
xreal:
Afterall he is qualified and was serving in the same agency (NIMASA) before now.

Why appoint a junior?
The same government applies different rules to different people. did you not read this part:
Based on
fairness to official hierarchy
which was applied to oust a
former Executive Director,
Mr. Callistus Nwabueze Obi in
favour of Mr. Haruna Jauro
who was a NIMASA acting DG
for 72 hours after his former
boss (DG) was sacked, Mr
Jamoh should not have been
elevated to this position.[b][quote author=xreal post=49457708]Afterall he is qualified and was serving in the same agency (NIMASA) before now.

16 Likes

Re: PMB Appoints Son In Law Executive Director, NIMASA Ahead Of Superiors. by Paperwhite(m): 8:10am On Sep 18, 2016
#CHANGEBEGINSWITHNEPOTISM. cry

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: PMB Appoints Son In Law Executive Director, NIMASA Ahead Of Superiors. by Nobody: 8:12am On Sep 18, 2016
xreal:

BullShit! Mr integrity didn't understand the meaning of standard.

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: PMB Appoints Son In Law Executive Director, NIMASA Ahead Of Superiors. by TheLawTheLegal: 8:16am On Sep 18, 2016
JixNation:
why is the thread skewed to the left??
fixed.
Re: PMB Appoints Son In Law Executive Director, NIMASA Ahead Of Superiors. by pxDharniel(m): 8:18am On Sep 18, 2016
xreal:

See your mouth. Like you'd be happy if your junior is promoted ahead of you in your place of work.

Don't be a zombie. Learn to call a spade a spade

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: PMB Appoints Son In Law Executive Director, NIMASA Ahead Of Superiors. by Nobody: 8:25am On Sep 18, 2016
tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue

1 Like 1 Share

Re: PMB Appoints Son In Law Executive Director, NIMASA Ahead Of Superiors. by xreal: 8:30am On Sep 18, 2016
pxDharniel:

See your mouth. Like you'd be happy if your junior is promoted ahead of you in your place of work.

Don't be a zombie. Learn to call a spade a spade

I wouldn't be, sincerely.

Yet, I will do same as Buhari, once I have such opportunity.

my to sentences above kinda contradicts right? that's because I am human.

3 Likes

Re: PMB Appoints Son In Law Executive Director, NIMASA Ahead Of Superiors. by Nobody: 8:37am On Sep 18, 2016
xreal:

I wouldn't be, sincerely.

Yet, I will do same as Buhari, once I have such opportunity.

my to sentences above kinda contradicts right? that's because I am human.

dnt blame the selfishness on ur being a human.
not all humans are selfish...

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: PMB Appoints Son In Law Executive Director, NIMASA Ahead Of Superiors. by idupaul: 8:39am On Sep 18, 2016
President Buhari keeps proving everyday that he is not different from past Nigerian leaders. Mr integrity indeed

12 Likes

Re: PMB Appoints Son In Law Executive Director, NIMASA Ahead Of Superiors. by 9japride(m): 8:40am On Sep 18, 2016
xreal:

Chai!
dem don quote me tire for hia, like say if na dem, dem no go do as my presido did
[color=#006600][/color]

When it suits u it's OK. Change begin with me my black @ss. All these is a lesson to everyone who thinks they are more Nigerian than others. GEJ really messed up.

6 Likes

Re: PMB Appoints Son In Law Executive Director, NIMASA Ahead Of Superiors. by idupaul: 8:41am On Sep 18, 2016
xreal:

Its comments like this that attract Thunder..bro from now avoid rain storms

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: PMB Appoints Son In Law Executive Director, NIMASA Ahead Of Superiors. by HAH: 8:42am On Sep 18, 2016
Executive Directorship is a political appointment, furthermore he is very qualified with a 22 years working experience in that organisation coupled with a masters in maritime mgt.

My friend look for another reason to disqualify this person. Or do you mean because he is Buharis inlaw he should not have career progression.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: PMB Appoints Son In Law Executive Director, NIMASA Ahead Of Superiors. by xreal: 8:43am On Sep 18, 2016
MrKontrovErsy:

dnt blame the selfishness on ur being a human.
not all humans are selfish ...

An average human is.

'Change' begins with me.
Re: PMB Appoints Son In Law Executive Director, NIMASA Ahead Of Superiors. by Nobody: 8:44am On Sep 18, 2016
xreal:

An average human is.

'Change' begins with me.

u can simply put.. "my type of human is selfish"

5 Likes

Re: PMB Appoints Son In Law Executive Director, NIMASA Ahead Of Superiors. by Justiyke4u: 8:46am On Sep 18, 2016
cool
Re: PMB Appoints Son In Law Executive Director, NIMASA Ahead Of Superiors. by xreal: 8:47am On Sep 18, 2016
idupaul:

Its comments like this that attract Thunder..bro from now avoid rain storms

Nna!

E never reach dat level na.

Let me get my helmet just incase.

2 Likes

Re: PMB Appoints Son In Law Executive Director, NIMASA Ahead Of Superiors. by Nobody: 8:56am On Sep 18, 2016
xreal:

An average human is.

'Change' begins with me.
"Change begins with me", but ends with my Son-in-Law cheesy cheesy

-- M. Buhari

5 Likes

Re: PMB Appoints Son In Law Executive Director, NIMASA Ahead Of Superiors. by papaejima1: 9:04am On Sep 18, 2016
No surprise there.
A nepotistic insecure failure will always disappoint when you expect him to dazzle.

4 Likes

Re: PMB Appoints Son In Law Executive Director, NIMASA Ahead Of Superiors. by 4wrd9ja: 9:13am On Sep 18, 2016
With all this revelations of nepotism from bihari what other name can be given to corruption, his fable integrity ,honesty and incorruptibility are all package lies, scam, if you can not be faithful in little things one wonders when the stakes are higher, it still baffles me how he was able to scam the people and we can all see the result now as reality has set in

2 Likes

Re: PMB Appoints Son In Law Executive Director, NIMASA Ahead Of Superiors. by CASTOSVILLA(m): 9:25am On Sep 18, 2016
The fact that I'm in this wild forest called Nigeria makes me sick. Infact I see sicknesses, illment, animal attacks prevailing in this god knows where of a cursed forest. At this point I can say that I'm not living in a country rather I'm living in a open space with no law, rule, in short, I'm living in a place where people live for living sake.

2 Likes

Re: PMB Appoints Son In Law Executive Director, NIMASA Ahead Of Superiors. by ojubi(m): 9:35am On Sep 18, 2016
This is the kind of treatment that make some of us to start looking for an alternative country other than Nigeria.
I cant read this kind of news almost on daily basis and you expect me to be patriotic, knowing too well that by tomorrow my rigthful place may be substituted to an hausa fulani on the cheap alter of nepotism or federal character.
we need our country BIAFRA, let the hausa fulani rule themselves.

2 Likes

Re: PMB Appoints Son In Law Executive Director, NIMASA Ahead Of Superiors. by dadebayo1(m): 9:39am On Sep 18, 2016
All I see so far is corruption redefined.... Fighting corruption my foot. Due process is the bedrock of civil service.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

Ministry Of Foreign Affairs Budgeted N49bn For 115 Foreign Missions / I Will Kill Lots Of People If Kidnapper Evans Is Executed - Igbo Man (Pics) / A New Tribe Has Emerged! - Northern Igbo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.