Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,648 members, 7,813,180 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 08:15 AM

Obama To Meet Buhari, Shuns Philippines President - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Obama To Meet Buhari, Shuns Philippines President (796 Views)

Buhari Shuns Lobbyists In Battle For Magu’s Job / Buhari Shuns Lagos Visit, But Hosts Ogun Governor At The Villa / Amina Ali And Her Baby Meet Buhari At The Presidential Villa (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Obama To Meet Buhari, Shuns Philippines President by sayyid(m): 9:22am On Sep 18, 2016
United States President, Barack Obama, will meet President Muhammadu Buhari on the sidelines of the annual United Nations General Assembly gathering this week.
Obama will discuss with Buhari on US support for security and economic challenges in the country, as well the government’s efforts to defeat Boko Haram.
Nigeria and the US have pending agreement over the sale of US military equipment, especially attack helicopters to fight the insurgents.
White House Deputy National Security Adviser, Ben Rhodes, added that Obama would hold separate sessions with Iraqi Prime Minister, Haider Al-Abadi; and Colombian President, Juan Manuel Santos.
Rhodes, however, said that Obama will not meet Philippines President, Rodrigo Duterte, who recently insulted the US President.
The White House cancelled a meeting with Duterte during Obama’s recent trip to Laos for a regional summit after Duterte insulted him.
Duterte, who also slammed the UN and threatened to quit the world body after it criticised killings in its war on drugs, has not been scheduled to attend the General Assembly meeting.
Duterte turned down a meeting with UN Secretary General, Ban Ki-moon, at the Laos summit.
Meanwhile, the Special Adviser on Media and Publicity to the President, Mr Femi Adesina, said in a statement that Buhari would deliver Nigeria’s statement at the opening of the general debate of the Assembly on “The Sustainable Development Goals: A Universal Push to Transform Our World.”
Adesina stated that the President would also attend a high-level summit to be hosted by the UN, on “large movements of refugees and migrants.”
He said, “The summit, which is the first of its kind, is expected to come up with a blueprint for a better international response to enhance the protection of migrants and refugees.’’

www.punchng.com/obama-meet-buhari-shuns-philippines-president/
Re: Obama To Meet Buhari, Shuns Philippines President by xreal: 9:26am On Sep 18, 2016
ok, Baba and Obama, pls include this in your talks..

I want Naira and Dollars to be like this....

1 Like

Re: Obama To Meet Buhari, Shuns Philippines President by madridguy(m): 9:28am On Sep 18, 2016
Ok
Re: Obama To Meet Buhari, Shuns Philippines President by MAXIMAL123(m): 9:38am On Sep 18, 2016
Obama and Baba be like 5&6... smooth Relationship grin. Good news to Nigeria Again cheesy
Re: Obama To Meet Buhari, Shuns Philippines President by Larryfest(m): 9:49am On Sep 18, 2016
Make Obama ask Pmb how the hell he "changed" Nigeria overnight plus make he help us talk small sense into im head..
Re: Obama To Meet Buhari, Shuns Philippines President by Adminisher: 11:19am On Sep 18, 2016
Durtete says he will "curse the son of a LovePeddler" Obama if they meet. He won't be meeting US officials for a while
Re: Obama To Meet Buhari, Shuns Philippines President by Lanretoye(m): 11:48am On Sep 18, 2016
buhari Don enter am today...
Obama be like - baba y u dey plagiarise me,for ur life no try am again.
Buhari - walahi I no paralyse you,na that daura dey paralyse you for me.
Re: Obama To Meet Buhari, Shuns Philippines President by tollyboy5(m): 3:47am On Sep 19, 2016
Lanretoye:
buhari Don enter am today...
Obama be like - baba y u dey plagiarise me,for ur life no try am again.
Buhari - walahi I no paralyse you,na that daura dey paralyse you for me.
lol

(1) (Reply)

The Bloody Legacy Of Usman Dan Fodio (part 1) - By FFK / Reply: "IPOB Blast Ebonyi On Biafra." / Tanko Yakasai To Tinubu: Speak Out Now Against Injustice Rocking APC - Tribune

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.