Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,727 members, 7,831,309 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 04:53 PM

Tanko Yakasai To Tinubu: Speak Out Now Against Injustice Rocking APC - Tribune - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Tanko Yakasai To Tinubu: Speak Out Now Against Injustice Rocking APC - Tribune (798 Views)

"Why Does Tinubu Speak From Both Sides Of The Mouth At 65?" - Reno Omokri / Call For Restructuring Of Nigeria: Yorubas Are Envious Of The North - Yakasai / Presidency Plotting To Scheme Tinubu Out Of APC Hierarchy – Yakasai (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Tanko Yakasai To Tinubu: Speak Out Now Against Injustice Rocking APC - Tribune by afroniger: 10:33am On Sep 27, 2016
http://tribuneonlineng.com/tanko-yakassai-tinubu-speak-now-injustice-rocking-apc/

• Timi Frank, Olusola Oke back Tinubu on Oyegun’s resignation

ALHAJI Tanko Yakassai, political adviser to former president, Alhaji Shehu Shagari, on Monday, urged the national leader of All Progressives Congress (APC), Senator Bola Tinubu, not to hesitate to speak out against injustice in the party.

Yakassai also asked Tinubu not to hesitate to tackle President Muhammadu Buhari if he is seen behind anything objectionable.

Speaking in Kano, on Monday, the former political adviser noted that Tinubu’s political travails were well-thought-out and plotted in the Presidency.

He recalled that Senate President, Bukola Saraki, asserted at one time that APC government had been hijacked by a cabal now in control of day-to-day affairs of running the government.

“People are inclined to believe what the Senate president has said,” Yakassai said, adding that “from all indications, every right thinking person will figure out a sinister plot to completely scheme out Tinubu from the hierarchy of APC and I want to believe this is coming from the Presidency.”

Tinubu, it will be recalled, had kicked against the national chairman of the party, Chief John Odigie-Oyegun, over the crisis rocking the party in Ondo after the primaries to elect the standard-bearer for the governorship election in the state and had called on the national chairman to resign from his position.

Joining him in the call, on Monday, one of the aggrieved gubernatotrial aspirants in Ondo State, Chief Olusola Oke, told the Nigerian Tribune that the outbursts of Tinubu were a clear signal to the enormity of the wrong perpetrated by the party in Ondo.

He said Oyegun was a threat to the APC, adding that the travails of the party had to do with absence of truth.

“Oyegun is a threat to the survival of the APC. For someone like Tinubu to speak out, it shows you that we are not just making noise. The injustice perpetrated in the primaries was unheard of and no one can put it better than Asiwaju,” he said.

Also, the deputy national publicity secretary of the party, Comrade Timi Franks, declared that more party leaders were set to join the call for Oyegun to resign.

Frank, in a chat with newsmen in Abuja, said the call by Tinubu for Oyegun’s ouster was a vindication of his earlier cries against the leadership style of the national chairman.

According to him, “more people will speak out if the national chairman refuses to heed the call by Tinubu to resign.”

According to him, “it is very clear that I’m one of the first persons that took the bull by the horn to foresee what is happening today in our party. I came out earlier on to say there were issues and crisis in this party. As at that time, I was alone; nobody knew where I was coming from.

“The founding father of our party has concurred to my earlier call that Oyegun should resign as the national chairman. That should let you know that I foresaw what they didn’t see.

“Today, the BoT is not in place. Tell me, if I have issue, where will I run to? Do I run to an NWC where Oyegun

will preside over to drop my case that will not be answered? The answer is no.”

He said if urgent steps were not taken, the party might have itself to blame on the forthcoming Edo and Ondo governorship elections.

He added that the party’s leadership should immediately call for an emergency meeting of the National Working Committee (NWC) to resolve “frictions” within the party.

Mynd44, OAM4J, Lalasticlala

Re: Tanko Yakasai To Tinubu: Speak Out Now Against Injustice Rocking APC - Tribune by Bethelwealthy(m): 11:09am On Sep 27, 2016
speak out against Injustice?? undecided Please define Tinubu to me again............... he's anything but justice.
Re: Tanko Yakasai To Tinubu: Speak Out Now Against Injustice Rocking APC - Tribune by Danzakidakura(m): 11:12am On Sep 27, 2016
there is this wicked Rat, when ever it biting you it will be blowing you breeze so that you wont feel the pain. this is exactly what this northerners are doing Oga Tinubu.

(1) (Reply)

"Aishat Buhari Killed The Confidence Of Her Husband" -renowned Journalist Writes / Professor Chukwuka Okonjo Receives Ghana’s National Award / Apc's Aketi's Bread Spotted(with Pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.